It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie-"The Forgotten"...Alien Abduction Theme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Very creepy movie.Without giving too much away,the movie centers on a conspiracy between the government and ET's to abduct children,plant screen memories of their immediate family,and those involved in their lives,to see how far the family bond stretches(in terms of being able to overcome the 'feeling' of someone close to you is missing).We are the lab rats,they are the scientists.Not big on special effects,but pretty good in psychological creepiness.Nice little conspiracy movie that makes you think about possibilities.

[edit on 24-9-2004 by 11thdimension]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
No need for special effectst when Julianne Moore is in it.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Didnt realize it was about that. Sweet. Now I am looking forward to seeing it tonight lol

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Very nice will be watching this for sure now

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Just rented the DVD last night. It was pretty cool. I saw an interview with the writer in the "Special Features" and he said that he got the idea from a dream he had where he was looking at a picture of an man and wife and child, then all the suddon the child vanished from the picture. He then put the story together around that concept of erasing someone from your memory and if it is possible to remove the bond between mother and child by doing so. But having read so many abductions stories and theories here on ATS, it sounds like he may have been a lurking around here looking for some ideas

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Writer always do that specially when they get writers block. They need ATS to energize their cells again and take people stories and make them breath on the screen.
Who knows may be he was smoking pot when he was reading the threads.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by GI_WOLVES]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
seems like a really cool movie

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
i loved the movie when i saw it at the cinemas.

some parts are very unexpected, i liked the hangar scene too.

im tyring not to give the movie away lol.

i loved the twists too.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I just rented that movie last week, trust me folks, it is worth seeing! I haven't seen a movie like that in years... Rent it!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I just watched this movie tonight and gawd it hit on some raw nerves. A while back I wrote about a fathers day card that was so strange to me and my ex-husband. It sounded like we had a child, but we don't have one by the name on the card. It was a weird feeling. And then this movie....scary stuff. What if its real??? People say if we can dream it...fbi, cia, and nsa have done it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This was posted way before I heard of this movie.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I saw it a couple of weeks ago - very spooky. At first I was convinced it was a MKULTRA mind control experiment until the agent got sucked through the ceiling of that building. Then I realised it was ET playing games again

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

i'd give her one i think she's fine!

but seriously i'll go hire this movie now sounds UBER COOL!

it would of done so much better at the box office if they actually showed it was alien themed in the trailer and not just some crazy woman who has had her son kidnapped.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by drfunk]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk

i'd give her one i think she's fine!

but seriously i'll go hire this movie now sounds UBER COOL!

it would of done so much better at the box office if they actually showed it was alien themed in the trailer and not just some crazy woman who has had her son kidnapped.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by drfunk]

Yeah it would have. I went into the movie like oh great here comes some crappy storyline, and all of a suddenly it turns out to be this super cool alien/conspiracy movie. Great Movie.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Ever think this could really be happening? I mean there are children that just vanish, no traces ever found, hundreds of thousands each year.....could this be a true story?
The airport with all the symbols??? The underground tunnels that run forever up under the new colorado airport? Classified , yes, nobody goes in without getting sick. This story was here on ats.

Just a thought.

For the record i'm not the only one to find startling evidence that a child existed in my life with no memories of it.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
For what it's worth, IMHO I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.
Great story, good directing, and the right people cast for their respective roles...

Beyond that, this movie represents something more for me personally.

You see, as ironic as it seems, it was The Forgotten that had my wife and I discussing our sighting over the Pacific a year earlier, that we had seemingly, well... forgotten.

It was this movie that had me start researching the internet on the topic for the first time in nearly a decade, and in fact brought me here to lurk for the very first time.

It was this movie, and the resulting research, that had me revisit a digital photo library of nearly 3,000 photos, which in turn resulted in the discovery of multiple photos containing aerial anomolies (one of those has been posted here). This, in turn, resulted in my capture of the wealth of photos I have spoken of elsewhere in this forum.

In short, this movie, for whatever reason, began my path that brought me here, revisiting the topic for the first time in nearly ten years, and conduct my own first-hand research.

For whatever reason, this movie resonated with me so strongly that I returned to the theater within a week to see it a second time, taking a very dear friend (of 18 years) who consciously recalls an experience which I believe was the tail-end of an abduction. He is also a "new" parent. In all fairness, I forewarned him of the subject matter. Well, in short, the movie shook him to his roots, and got him discussing his experience from almost two decades earlier for the first time in, well... almost two decades.

In closing, I found it to be a wonderful movie, not only for its intrinsic value as such, but for the profound effect it had on not only myself, but a good friend as well... a proud addition to my DVD library. Any believer, abductee, or even parent will find this movie resonating with them to some degree.

new topics

top topics

join