It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unseasonal Weather? Tell us what the weather's like where you are (2012)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Vegan? Wow, you gotta start on that garden then. Even a container garden would supply a lot of herbs, etc depending on the sunlight. So, your city is on target for the weather, that's great. Keep an eye on it 'kay? Wish it were the same situation here in Austin. See ya on the other thread,

STM

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
its freezing in chicago lol its like 40 degrees, it was like 88 degrees a month ago!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Interesting thread! I have been thinking about this a lot lately.

I live in Mid-Delaware, East Coast US.

Summers are hot, winters are cold. We have ideal weather here... usually.

I was just saying today, that I remember during December I was outside in a tube-top dress with no jacket and it was about 70 degrees.

Just two weeks ago it was about 80 degrees, and I sat outside with my bathing suit and sunbathed. I got sunburnt for the first time in my whole life, as I am Native American so I am naturally tan and the sun never really bothers me. A few days later, it was freezing again! 35 degree days!

I kept telling everyone "Now how is it normal to get sunburnt in MARCH, and then the next day it's freezing again?"

My own mother didn't believe me when I said I got burned, as she's never known me to burn my whole life, and I never really used sunscreen or spf.

70 degrees in Mid-December?

Sunburn in March?

We even barbecued a few weekends ago!

This week it's been fluctuating a lot aswell, it was so hot Tuesday I just wore my tights, open toed shoes and a tank top. Then Wednesday it was back to normal March weather, now today it was nice again!

Here, December is usually unbearable for me and I don't leave my house. January the same, Febuary the same, and usually March and April it's around 50 degrees and rains a lot. Haven't seen much rain, and we keep getting these oddball HOT days. Which I've never seen.

It's strange too, because on these nice, hot days, this is when I'll see all of the chemtrails in the sky. The day after, it's so cold, and cloudy that you can't even see the sun at all.

I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything of the like, but I've just noticed these patterns again and again since Nov/December.
edit on 6-4-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo2

Hello - I am on the East Side of Australia - several hours inland and rural area. It is very much warmer than it should be. I too notice that the heat seems to peak in the late afternoon/early evening.

I like to sleep with the window open and on more than one night I have noticed the lack of noise - not the occasional distant vehicle but NO insects or birds - NO neighbourhood cats or dogs - NO organic animal related noises. There is always a frog, or birds or cicadas or something that gains my attention when I am drifting off to sleep more than once absolute silence.

As a Teacher noticed Students commenting on the weather being too hot - just like Summer. Their behaviour was unsettled as well. The weather is not morphing from one season to the next like it always has - it isn't even jumping suddenly from one season to the next - the weather here seems to be erratic or changeable - not even sure how to describe it.

Much Peace...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
West Texas (Lubbock)

Winter was alright, we had a white Christmas. Seems that one day it was cold, and now it's just not. It's about 85 each afternoon, so no spring.

BUT the drought seems to have ended here...or at least it's 100 times wetter than last year. Going camping all weekend and Sat and Sun some storms are being forecast.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
reply to post by seentoomuch

I am a vegan.

Average High/Low for April is 61F/43F with 16.5 days of precipitation. 50s and a forecast of rain seems to fall squarely within the norm for this time of year.

www.nws.noaa.gov...
edit on 5-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

Average is low 60's this time of year.. with rain sure, but not that much rain. Last month was the wettest March .... ever.

Also one of the coldest.

Today for instance average is 61 and it was 48 .. while the rest of the country is way above average, the Pacific NW has been far below its averages.

Not as bad as last year, which was absolutely miserably cold .. didn't hit 60 until June something.

I don't think I've lived here a single year without above average rain, below average temps.. flooding every year, hell last year for a few months the I5 crossing would close all throughout the day snarling traffic because the river was so high boats couldn't pass under it.

He can't start a garden!!!! The temps are so cold the plants are not taking off .. and if you don't have well drained raised beds, they stand absolutely no chance. And with the rain we've been having you'll need a night guard to round up the snails.

Last year my garden, which I usually start in FEB, didn't take off until JULY! But if you liked snails, I had buckets of them.
edit on 4/6/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by Furbs

I am a vegan.

Average High/Low for April is 61F/43F with 16.5 days of precipitation. 50s and a forecast of rain seems to fall squarely within the norm for this time of year.

www.nws.noaa.gov...
edit on 5-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

Average is low 60's this time of year.. with rain sure, but not that much rain. Last month was the wettest March .... ever.

Also one of the coldest.

Today for instance average is 61 and it was 48 .. while the rest of the country is way above average, the Pacific NW has been far below its averages.

Not as bad as last year, which was absolutely miserably cold .. didn't hit 60 until June something.

The numbers I am seeing suggest that 61/43 are the averages for April. If these numbers are in error, could you direct me to yours? I am also able to confirm that March was the wettest month in a while at over 7 inches, but not even touching on the wettest of all time for March 12.76!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I live near the Portland metro area and while I am not questioning the temperature records you provided, I did hear what rockpuck said, wettest March ever, probably on the local news. This is the first time that I remember having flood warnings for seven days in a row, although there was no flood. I guess it is a good thing that we did not break the record, or there may have been more flooding, as the rivers were quite high.

And last year felt like the year without a summer, and it seemed like by the time it felt like summer, fall was already here and summer was over. But I have seen other summers where it was very hot and dry, and I also remember it being 70 degrees in February one year, and people sitting on the beach in shorts, in February, which it definitely not the norm, but no complaints.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Right here in the Philadelphia Area of Southeastern Pennsylvania, USA , there's the makings of a drought while all the trees are coming out to bloom two and one-half weeks early. The birds are nesting early but no leaves are on the trees at all-just blossoms. The sun is very bright, and its rays are burning hot -as if you were viewing a furnace through your picture window in the daytime. There are no clouds. Just empty deep blue sky. Sunglasses are needed to go outside. Driving is difficult due to the glare and the stark shadows hide crossing pedestrians. There was no winter or snow in this area when there should have been. There's no "weather". This does not look good and is scary. What if we have afternoon highs of Temperature of 128 degrees Fahrenheit this Summer.Strangly the daytime air is cold, but if you stand in the sun -you roust and sweat. If you stand in the shade you need a coat and hat . In this area there's never any exciting tornadoes, or turbulent weather. But it is very ,very hot in the sun.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The weather here (NYC) has been EXTREMELY weird. In my 16 years of life, I've never noticed a winter so warm and dry, and the practically skipping spring for a few weeks! As of now, the weather has seemed normal for early April, chilly mornings (upper 30's to mid 40's) and warm afternoons (upper 50's to mid 60's), but I honestly don't expect it to last.

Another thing that's been bothering me is all the f****** tornados! I don't think those things are natural, especially the severity and frequency of them! 70+ tornados seemingly out of nothing? In late march? And then another cell hit just recently spawning MORE tornados. Maybe it's just all this 2012 mumbo-jumbo on my subconcious, but I think somethings up.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm in Moscow and for the past three/four years the weather has been very weird, Unseasonal rain and weird cloud formations. Take this video for example:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I believe you're comparing March's record with an older test site set in 1873 (downtown Portland, whereas we use PDX now). Still, the wettest March since 1873.. pretty damned wet. www.kgw.com...

PORTLAND -- March 2012 is the wettest March ever recorded at Portland International Airport, and the rain continues.

As of 8 a.m. Saturday, 7.52 inches of rain had fallen at PDX, tying the record, and rain was expected to continue through Saturday night, according to KGW meteorologist Rod Hill.

By 3 p.m., the total was up to 7.76 inches, he said.

www.portlandtribune.com...

Portland has now set new all-time record wettest monthly rainfall totals at the airport on three different months in just the past five years. June 2010 set a new all-time monthly record with 4.27 inches. In November 2006 a new monthly all-time record was set with 11.92 inches of precipitation.

"Not only is it wet, but it is also quite cold in Portland as of late. Calendar year 2011 saw the coldest annual average temperature in Portland since 1985, at just 52.9 degrees. The average temperature for March in Portland so far is just 44.8 degrees, which is currently the coldest March since 1976," says Pierce.

So we've had the wettest March ever, and the coldest since 1976. There has clearly been some kind of cycle affecting the Pacific Northwest causing very wet and very cold temps.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I'm glad I started this now, it's obvious from all your posts that this is happening all over the place. Have any of you seen anything from official sources that talk about this? Surely Met offices all over the world must be picking up on this?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
I'm in Moscow and for the past three/four years the weather has been very weird, Unseasonal rain and weird cloud formations. Take this video for example:

I would love an explanation of the weird cloud formation seen on this video. A couple of weeks ago I was in Glen Rose, Texas(USA), just southwest of Dallas, and was driving through a beautiful open landscape when I saw a very similar cloud formation ( I remember the ring specifically), as well as clouds all around and the frequent lightning. There were tornado watches for nearby areas. I live closer to Houston, and the Gulf, so all of our tiny tornadoes are rain-wrapped, so I do not know what approaching real tornadic clouds look like. I didn't know if the ring was an "inverted" torando about to reverse and form(lol), or a strange cloud out of the ordinary, or a mother ship about to show her face(lol), or something normal for central Texas, or what to think.
edit on 9-4-2012 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Northern California here --the TRUE north, as in 2 hours from the Oregon border --normal weather for us. The rain was rather late this year, but it's finally here and nothing unusual. We, too, had some wild temperature swings. It was in the 70s a few weeks ago, then the cold came slamming back overnight, but that's not unusual for this part of California.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PamelaBritton2U

So it's not everyone that's getting unusual weather then. Though one bit of unusual weather I saw for California was the Tsunami clouds earlier in the year, can't remember what part but they looked eerie and spectacular at the same time.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join