It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unseasonal Weather? Tell us what the weather's like where you are (2012)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
East Central Iowa here. I am 48 years old and I can't recall seeing a winter like this past one. I think we had 2 snowfalls with accumulated averages roughly 2-3 inches. That's it. Last year at the same time we had snow up over my knees. We've broken a lot of records for high temps over the past month or so. Starting tomorrow, temps are supposed to be in 50-60 range which still seems warmer than it usually is.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by peewee1263

Yup, I posted that I live near you. I want to ask you, did you also, experience, where you live, that recent past week where it got up into 80 and near 80?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hi

Portugal experienced a very warm and dry winter. Generally we have a lot of rain but since january, no rain and from february till now very warm weather (warmer and dryer than usual).

Lots of fires here (already more fires than in the summer from the last year). People are worried because of the possibility of lack of water for the hotter seasons.
For now.. spring, the weather is normal (but we used to have rain on spring.. but no sign of it)

regards

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Im in California, the east bay area, near san francisco. it has been weird weather, but micro weird weather. extreme wind, then calm. very windy hail rain, with sun, pouring rain very cold and very hot n cold. literally hour to hour, day by day. Weather forecasts are way off. And noticing a weird thing where the thermometer temp and how it feels are way way off. Like calm and 60 degrees, but one day feels 70 and next feels 50, and both read 60. Plants were all dead for all summer fall and suddenly wintertime they grew like jurassic park, more than in 10yrs.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by djz3ro
I found a thread like this from a few years ago and figured that things are pretty crazy, weatherwise, right now, so why not star t a new one. Please tell us where you are (don't have to post exact location for all you paranoid android out there) So, I'm on the East Coast of Scotland and last week was scortching hot, i mean i was wearing shorts and a t-shirt and still too hot, was wading around in the north sea and it was like summer temps. I had a barbeque. Yesterday i had a snowball fight. Which is normal for this time of year. I don't have regular net access just now so can't keep up with ats but last warm spell we had was right after a solar flare.

I live in Val Verde county TX, our normal mid summer highs usually reach 93-95,we been at these temps for over a month a d san Antonio local forecast predicts much much higher temps with near zero precipitation. Winter really never happened here. From the last leaf droping in November to the first leaf re emerging was 1month. I started my garden in Feb I'm already getting pickables. Something ain't right with our weather.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Here in Denver, Colorado it nearly hit 90 degrees over last weekend. Then we had a cold snap and some snow thru the week. Really hope the cold snap killed off some bugs, they were getting ferocious. Everything is still blooming, didn't get quite cold enough to freeze them to death. Xenongod

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Right now, on my WeatherChannel, an orange warning crawl, bottom of screen, saying temps will dip to sub freezing. Take measures to protect crops and cold sensitive vegetation.

Just days ago, it was '80's, people cranking up their ACs.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Woah, that's a big looking one but if you're used to it it won't be that bad, still, stay safe!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
South Central Alaska here. Very seasonal here right now, normal temps and precip. Winter was not so normal. Well above average snowfalls, record setting in most cases. I am at about 300 inches in my yard for the season. Was definitely colder than average as well.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Austin, Texas checking in: right now it is 91 degrees. The average for this time of year is 78 degrees. They are forecasting high eighties for the next 7 days. My vegetable garden is having a tough time, I planted it in February (wow, never did that before) with some starters and some from direct seeding. The starters are large enough to take the heat, the from seed baby ones are suffering. I had to water it twice today. Oh, and the sun is like a giant magnifying glass, bright white. It makes the garden look washed out, it isn't right, the sun is supposed to be yellow, isn't it?
edit on 4/5/2012 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
North Georgia USA 73f with a chance of rain. We had some wild swings in temps last month 60f one day 84f the next. Thats why I love Georgia weather, if you dont like it change the channel

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Portand, OR.

I was directed to this thread and I will be chiming in. I just moved here in August, so I have nothing to compare this too, however I concur with what I have read from the other people posting from NW Oregon. It was beautiful. I am from Michigan though.. so make of my post what you will.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Think you guys had it bad? Should have been in Mississippi.

We were wearing Shorts and T-Shirts to the university in December ... my dogs were shedding in December.

January / February are our coldest months (at least from what I notice - like a constant cold shouldn't say coldest) and my mother's flower garden, she has planted all around the house and all over the yard were BLOOMING! In January .....

We had very few cold days; I mean it was in the high 50s - 60s all winter long. Heck we even were getting 70 degree weather in December. The spring is acting like normal its staying in the low 70s and mid 60s at night.

Spring is absolutely glorious here. The smell of flowers and sweet nectar are all over the place and super plush green trees and bird feeders filled to the brim!

The spring actually seems a bit cooler than usual to me. It's been the topic around classes, at the armory, and home.

The weather is acting very strange. Even my grandparents who have been around since the 30s - 40s are saying this is weird weather, one of the weirdest they recall.

However , its probably just some kind of phase , i doubt there is a conspiracy around it.
edit on 5-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Oceanside, California, checking in.

To say that we've had unseasonable weather probably isn't the right way to describe it. I live about an hour north of the Mexican border and our weather is always pretty mild.

What we have had, though, is extremely weird swings from cold to hot, basically over night. It's happened several times in the winter months where we would have days around the mid sixties, and the next have days in the mid eighties on the coast. Rain has been minimal, with only 3 rains worth noting. I haven't checked but I would be surprised if we've had more than an inch all season.

The tides have been pretty radical lately. My tide charts show all the extreme tide days, and I've been out fishing or surfing in some crazy tidal flows. The erosion experts I know around the county are also seeing the effects of the higher tides on the beaches in north and south county San Diego.

Crazy weather? Not really. But definitely weather that seems off to a lot of the locals I know.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Los Angeles here. About an hour north of Oceanside. I'll definitely agree with you. We didn't have anything extreme but definitely a lot of swinging back n forth. Now it feels like typical socal spring.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Im in South Africa,Mpumalanga province (East side of the country) Last weekend things turned really cold here.We had lots of rain,thunderstorms,and icy winds all at the same time.Which is strange,because we normally get thunderstorms only after one or 2 very hot days.

Since then its like winter has abruptly arrived,ive had to bring my outside dogs into the house a bit earlier than other years,normally they would be comfortable outside till end of April,at least.The whole past summer has been much cooler than usual,and with the exception of pray mantises,much less insects than normal.Hardly any spiders too,and thats just freaky for here,we usually have hordes.

It definitely looks like winter is here-and for this part of the country,it is really a bit early.All in all,since last Winter things have dramatically cooled down here.Last Winter was freezing at night,with many really cold days as well(its normally sunny and mild in the daytime here,even in winter)..then a Non-Summer,and now an earlier Winter.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

In Portland Oregon it's freaking COLD. And WET. And COLD. The forcast is as followed "for the foreseeable future the forecast is 53 degree and rain"

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by djz3ro

In Portland Oregon it's freaking COLD. And WET. And COLD. The forcast is as followed "for the foreseeable future the forecast is 53 degree and rain"

I submit this post as evidence that I have no idea what I am talking about as to whether or not Portland is having unseasonable weather. This person says it is cold and wet. I say.. feelsgoodman.jpg

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by djz3ro

I submit this post as evidence that I have no idea what I am talking about as to whether or not Portland is having unseasonable weather. This person says it is cold and wet. I say.. feelsgoodman.jpg

Look up the data, Furbs! Look at the averages and compare. Go for it, I know you can do it, step out into the sunlight or rain and stick your finger out to compare, just don't look into the sun too long, its not good for you I've heard,

STM

P.S. This is a good start for you, next we'll work on putting in an organic vegetable garden in your backyard so you can eat something other than pizza bites and White Castle burgers.

You're a really nice member, see ya on the board again, stm
edit on 4/5/2012 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

I am a vegan.

Average High/Low for April is 61F/43F with 16.5 days of precipitation. 50s and a forecast of rain seems to fall squarely within the norm for this time of year.

www.nws.noaa.gov...
edit on 5-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join