It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unseasonal Weather? Tell us what the weather's like where you are (2012)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I found a thread like this from a few years ago and figured that things are pretty crazy, weatherwise, right now, so why not star t a new one. Please tell us where you are (don't have to post exact location for all you paranoid android out there) So, I'm on the East Coast of Scotland and last week was scortching hot, i mean i was wearing shorts and a t-shirt and still too hot, was wading around in the north sea and it was like summer temps. I had a barbeque. Yesterday i had a snowball fight. Which is normal for this time of year. I don't have regular net access just now so can't keep up with ats but last warm spell we had was right after a solar flare.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I live just south of Chicago, IL in the US. We have been having crazy weather. Temperatures rising into the 80's while the normal temperature are high 50's low 60's for this time of year. I actually laid out on a beach on Lake Michigan in a bathing suit 2 weeks ago. Sometimes I cannot do this comfortably until June.

I personally love warm weather so I am taking full advantage of this. For my personal life, I hope this heat wave continue, but I feel for others. I worry there will be a lot more senior citizen deaths from heat, more natural disasters, and farmer's crops will be affected. Although I just watched a special on ABC news that cows are producing an average of 4 more glasses of milk than normal for this time of year, so not all farmers are complaining here.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Well, it is cloudy with a chance of meatballs.

for real it is hot!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
We had one of the worst tornados in years in march of this year. Very unusual for our area.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Northeastern Wyoming here...and the weather has been awesome!

Seventy-four degrees...and sun shining brightly in the sky!

Maybe a bit warm for this time of year...but nothing really too unusual.

Trees are starting to bud...and the lawn already needs mowed (might get to that tomorrow)!

Supposedly there is a change of precipitation near the end of the week...we'll see.

Anyway...that's the weather in Wyoming today!

link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Northern NY here

Well this year we got about 10 inches of snow altogether down from about 10 feet last year.
And whenever it did snow it melted the next day, 2 weeks ago we had 80 degree weather

Theres some big changes coming

link   
I'm in Central Virginia. It's been unseasonably warm, highs in the upper 70's to 80's most days with a few 65 degree days in between. Nights have been up and down as well, remaining in the 50's most of the time with a middle of the week 32 last week. Killed my tomato plants, mostly because the news did not report such a low temp. Normal for this time of year is 40 to 50 degrees.

I've been sun bathing also everyday since the middle of March. Broke out the flip-flop and tank tops, and my kids are already complaining about the heat. It's so weird to me, and I am from Colorado where the weather changes every 10 minutes, but this is on the nuts side. I don't like it, but I do at the same time. Mother Earth and Mr. Sun are up to something.

Wanted to add that we have had some very sever storms, some becoming Tornado warnings (unusual for my region) and that we've had to mow 4 times already and there are leave on the trees here.
edit on 4-4-2012 by lilowl53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Upstate NY

Winter was non existent.

Looking for an air conditioner now =S

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I live in New York City. Like much of the US we had an incredibly mild winter. It snowed only 2 or 3 times. The heaviest was in October! Strange weather. Often times I could go out in a light jacket and be just fine. Currently the weather is more or less what you'd expect in early spring. This week the temperature is expected to be in the mid 50s, low 60s (that's Fahrenheit). I think I've gotten too used to the unseasonably warm weather. Today I left my house in short sleeves. I lived, but a sweater would have been nice.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Funny you should post this thread, this lil' doozy is almost on top of me. The mouse indicates my approximate location, the storm is moving N/NW. But this is Florida, we're used to these

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
SW Ohio here
wierdly warm very early. trees are flowering like crazy. already able to tan if that's your thing.
mowed the grass twice already, usually don't mow till mid or late april.
bugs are already out like it's May, flies, butterflies, bumblebees.
my barn bats are out and about already, they usually don't come out until May.
Oh, and the ticks already ! ugh ! that is usually a June thing.
wouldn't surprise me if the barn swallows show up a month early this year.

I'm not complaining but I am a tad concerned.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

well two nights ago i heard the BOOM everyones been talking about for the first time, kept me up all night after too waiting for another one

i live in newmarket ontario though, and i havn't heard any reports of it here yet

i almost died today from alchol posioning so i havn't been able to make a thread

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by headorheart

I live in the Detroit area and the weather is pretty much the same as yours in the Chicago area, we also had a very mild winter, snowed once and melted by noon the next day.

The last week or two it has still been in the fifties and sixties, not complaining. Trees are fully leafed and flowers blooming everywhere.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I live in the Ottawa area and we had some weird weather lately as well. a few weeks ago we had record breaking heat up to 29C(dont quote me but I think season normal is around 10C). we were in shorts outdoors all day a lot of people started their AC.

The week after, it was back to -5C

today was a wierd day too...we went from 10C sunshine to rain with gusty freezing wind, then snow and hail and a few rainbow to crown it all. The sky was weird looking...almost scary.

Am I the only one that thinks this is not normal(whatever that is)

Love threads like this one.  Thanks OP

Teye

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ive been born and raised in Las Vegas for 22 years and its the only city I know. We practically skipped winter here in vegas as winter pretty much felt like early spring. Believe it or not the sidewalks here in vegas get icy when it gets in the thirties during the winter. That never happened and when you look towards Mountain Charleston there was barely any snow during the winter.. Right now average temps are about high 60's to mid 70's, sometimes peaking into the low 80's.. It should be about high 50's to low 60's, not in the 70's. I would say were about 7 to 10 degress hotter then normal.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I live in Minnesota here and the weather here as been quite wacky. We have had a few record breaking days in the past few weeks but then seems to get back to regular seasonal weather. Heavy fluctuations in the temperature so far. Hoping for consistent warm weather

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
South Australia here.
It is mid Autumn here and we have been having very warm days still. No trees shedding leaves like normal for this time of year. 33 degress celcius today!

Also i am not sure if i am imagining this but it seems the maximum temprature seems to peak at around 5 or 6 pm.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Indigo2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Upper MidWest (somewhere -by- Eastern Iowa) (not in) and when February ended, we had about 7 days of 80+ and then it settled down, to between 65-74. Today was ---gorgeous--- . I had been feeling happy all day, just because of it. Dry, breezless, partly sunny (due to giant X-shaped persistent contrails) and right now, nearing 1030pm, I have my windows wide open. It's still and odd.
I have -never- experienced this in my life, since the late 1950's when I incarnated.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Oakland, Calfornia, here (across the bay from San Francisco). No unusual weather. The winters are usually mild and the summers almost non-existent. Never gets warm enough to suit me; seems like there are 3 days of summer a year. (I'm originally from Oklahoma, where there are 4 actual seasons--the summer one pretty damn hot!)

It's never really COLD-cold here--it rarely gets anything worse than a very light frost. But dammit, it just goes on all year! I like it warm, and never seem to have enough of it. I've recently concluded that when I die and go to Hell it won't be hot--no, hell no, my feet might actually finally get warm. No. When I go to Hell it'll turn out it's cold there. Frozen wasteland; not a flame in sight. And there I'll be with nothing but a lightweight jacket and canvas sneakers....

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
NW Oregon

Normal weather here, or slightly colder than usual. Lots of late season snow last month, still cold and rainy, will be 34 degrees tonight. No early spring happening here, think it might be currently snowing in the mountains. Send some of that warm weather our way!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join