It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"CISPA" Is it going to pass this time? People might be so tired of hearing about it that they ju

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
SOPA, PIPA, CISPA. I dont think this will go away, do you?

Something in this world is very scared of the internet, for it seems that internet censorship is abound all over in many countries big and small. Not just in America but, in Pakistan, UK and I am sure other countries as well. Who is behind this program of trying to censor the world and keep its people from seeing, hearing and reading about truth? Who is trying to keep us all from learning and teaching each other so we can all grow and educate one another?

I don't think this is going to stop with just this new CISPA bill. They will keep trying to push until they get it through and why are they trying so hard anyway? I believe if this CISPA bill fails then the next time they will sneak it through or it will be signed into law whether we like it or not.

Heres another bill that is trying to get passed Data Retention Bill HR 1981

They have so many out there now so, we cant keep up with them all and one will get through this time I am afraid.
edit on 4/4/2012 by mustangill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Only a matter of time until they pass this junk. They will just keep hammering away at us until they finally achieve it, These are some relentless and ruthless buggers.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

Oh and here is another good read that really needs to be looked at by everyone who cares about Internet freedom

All this information and more can be found at Center for Democracy and Technology

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think the internet has been the biggest tool in helping people wake up from the nightmare that is TPTB, that's what they're terrified of.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
They won't stop. Thats the whole idea. We fought like wildcats on SOPA and PIPA. This new one won't pass either, in all likelihood. It'll move the ball a few yards closer though. The Progressive side of politics has been playing Chess to get where they are for over 40 years now. They're patient. If they need to bring this a half dozen more times before we're worn down enough, they'll be back. Look at Nixon. He just kept running until America finally elected him just to shut the man up. lol...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I don't know what they have planned, but the amount of effort required to police the net sounds impossible. I see it as another DHS, a good theory to make the the world a safer place.

Problem is projects like this require funding, and with the debt already you would think they would cut back on spending where the results are greatly outnumbered by the cost.

Then again this is the plan of our great leaders. Common sense flew out the window decades ago so they are trying band aid fixes that are doing more harm than good.

Sooner or later the house of cards will tumble, it will be hilarious to watch. A good dose of reality will hopefully make things better when it happens.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
With enough support and if we spread the information far and wide, we can prevent it.

I started a joint page with another like-minded individual here, hopefully we can garner some support.

Facebook - Stop CISPA
edit on 6-4-2012 by Holodomor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Holodomor

Save the Internet from the US
AVAAZ has an action link on their front page (link below), it's cool to see all the people from different countries around the world signing on to declare opposition to this new attempt.... boy they just don't give up.....

Looks like like Spain, Italy Germany and Brazil are the biggest signers right now, but have seen USA, Canada, India, Pakistan, Austria, Switzerland, Argentina, Finland, Estonia, Lithiuania, Mexico, Australia, UK, Mozambique, Greece,Netherlands,Ireland, UAE amoungst others... just great to see the word is getting out.

www.avaaz.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
They won't give up because it means billions of more dollars in pure profit. Money is all this is about, nothing more.

I wish the president would stop them period and use his executive powers to do so. Threaten them with declaring them terrorists if need be, and put prices on their head but the president has the power to stop them. He can use his federal powers to sue them back and keep on suing them. But he won't because he's just their puppet.

Despite their claims, they really aren't losing any real money. This pirating crap claim of theirs is just one of the greatest scams in modern history.

But the big problem is they have lots of money to hire armies of lawyers to act on their behalf. The golden rule is: they who have the gold makes the rules and there's nothing the little guy can do to stop it.

Other than to have millions of people protest and ransack their offices and destroy everything they have. But that's never going to happen.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
My favorite old school meme comes to mind..

No, I do not recommend anyone do this lol
edit on 6-4-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

Yeah, that's a pretty cool site, you can watch the number of signers get higher and higher, I bet by morning it will be at least 2 or maybe 3 million.

Thanks for sharing that with us. Everything helps to get the word out.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Try this thread .. it has more posts and flags .. yes it's amazing this subject has harly raised an eyebrow
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join