It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning Bolts Bombard Albuquerque

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It seems Albuquerque got hit pretty hard from lightning strikes...

They say lighting doesn’t strike the same place twice, but these bolts have bombarded the same area over eleven hair-raising minutes. Each individual lightning bolt pounds the ground with an average power of one billion volts, so the force of dozens of bolts a second over more than ten minutes can barely be imaged. Tour guide, Roch Hart, 52, took these incredible shots from his roof in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, just two miles away from the lightning strikes. “After a day of tours I noticed this storm develop,” said Roch.

Really looks intense, just like in that movie War of the Worlds. Click link for photos and details. Toward the bottom of the page they have a slideshow of much bigger pictures.

Source
edit on 4-4-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
i'm so jealous, I love lightning storms and everytime the local meteorologist says theres a chance for it i'm always excited, but it never happens. like theres a chance right now but I doubt it.

stupid vancouver weather.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Now that is some intense lightning strikes!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
AWESOME!!! What a great light show. The pictures are fantastic. I love lightning, as long as rain accompanies it. Out here on the prairie, lightning strikes without rain means grass fires.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
WOW! That is so cool! I love thunderstorms, lightening storms and the like. I wish I could have seen it. A family member of mine was just down in Albuquerque about a week ago, they just missed it!

top topics

join