It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
True love.

I have been looking at this TV series called ‘Once Upon A Time’ for the last month, It Centers on a woman with a troubled past who is drawn into a small town in Maine where the magic and mystery of Fairy Tales just may be real.

Your favorite fairy tales characters are stuck in our time, in a small town called story brook. The spin is they do not even know who they are except this one little boy, it’s a very interesting story written by the writers of ‘lost’.

I write this thread because the characters are always talking about ‘TRUE LOVE’, it is said that true love is the ‘Greatest Magic Ever‘. So great that it is actually sacred and forbidden to even find or have true love.

Therefore, I ask this question in a very real way, a way in which it baffles me to even ask this because, it is impossible to even think I could get a decent reply, with out going into some fantasyland of thinking.

Has it ever, in the history of the galaxy, ever been a thing as…? ‘True Love’, ‘like, ‘love is love, but…what in God’s life is ‘True Love’

Suppose the presidents of all the continets had true love, what would be different ?

Suppose true love makes you color blind and allows a human to recognize a human for what they are minus the obsolete color aspect?

I write this thread because after thinking long and hard…true love, I think fits in the category of seeing Jesus or talking directly to God or something.

'True Love' is a conspiracy and a mystery rolled into one giant ball of...love,lol

True love almost turned Rumplestiltskin's back to the good.
youtu.be...

prince charming had true love for snow white

edit on 4-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is what I think about when the topic of Love arises...

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
This is what I think about when the topic of Love arises...

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Have you ever been in love...it sounds like you were close to true love...unless your a poet or something,lol.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
It is said that true love is the ‘Greatest Magic Ever‘. So great that it is actually sacred and forbidden to even find or have true love.

That was probably said by someone in a society which thinks that as a whole.

If you live in a place and time where you can focus on such things, then yes, true love is obtainable. If you look for it hard enough you can find it anywhere. Getting it is another story altogether.

We live in a society, here in America, where you have to put your focus on other things to get by. Money is scarce and so are jobs. These are what pays the bills. Not love. It's gotten to the point where true love is only really discussed in the context of fairy tales because that's what a lot of people equate it too. And it's too bad really because it is real and it can be obtained.

What it is can only be answered by those who have it. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder after all. Since everyone is different, everyone is going to perceive and feel love differently. True love to me is probably going to be different than what the scientist down the street feels. If there's a common ground however that still fits in both of our perceptions of love, then in can be obtained.

If this is what you're looking for, my advice to you is keep it close to the vest. Don't let anyone know this is what you're really looking for because most people have "settled" and there's going to be a part of them that will try to shoot down your "fairy tale notion" of getting true love.

As hard as it is for them to admit though, even the most jaded among us still holds out hope that true love can be found.

You can see it in their eyes.

extra DIV

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

It's actually scripture out of the bible.
And Yes I am in love.

1 Corinthians 13
edit on 4-4-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

It's actually scripture out of the bible.
And Yes I am in love.

1 Corinthians 13
edit on 4-4-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

So who talking,God, jesus or the corinthian person?

Text13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Getting it is another story altogether.

So basically what you are saying is that because of the times we live in,true love is obselete?

Do you think Adam and Eve,or the first woman and man on this planet had true love...with out all the bills and unholy stuff thats seen in todays society?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

There is only love, and its all true. Each and every single time, we can only but hope to deceive ourselves that it isn't.

However its also a many more things then that, including false. Go figure eh, life's complicated and trying to stick something like love it into little boxes in our heads is like cramming and elephant into a jack in the box.

Anyways I think love is a little word that causes a whole lot of trouble.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Peter I believe.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

So basically what you are saying is that because of the times we live in,true love is obselete?

Do you think Adam and Eve,or the first woman and man on this planet had true love...with out all the bills and unholy stuff thats seen in todays society?

I wouldn't sat obsolete as much as overlooked and ignored. Obsolete implies that it's of no use and nothing could be further than the truth. People think that it's not as important as money and in my opinion that's the wrong way to look at it.

You can have all the money in the world, if you don't have love it doesn't mean much.

You can have all the love in the world, without money it makes it that much harder to live.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
No such thing as true love and soul mates, that is why it is only on Disney.

no one should "complete" you

People believing in this are setting them and their partners up for failure. People make mistakes, people are flawed.

I believe in real love. Where two WHOLE people share a life together, they don't expect someone else to make them happy.

It means caring enough to work through almost anything.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

True love.
I write this thread because the characters are always talking about ‘TRUE LOVE’, it is said that true love is the ‘Greatest Magic Ever‘. So great that it is actually sacred and forbidden to even find or have true love.

So it is in our time, with regular citizens, though most of them probably do not realize this because it is so well ingrained in us that "humans aren't monogamous" and "money = love" and "there's no such thing as a soul" and "the heart is just a muscle" and "love = sex" and so on.

Therefore, I ask this question in a very real way, a way in which it baffles me to even ask this because, it is impossible to even think I could get a decent reply, with out going into some fantasyland of thinking.
I will answer you with no fantastical reference.

Has it ever, in the history of the galaxy, ever been a thing as…? ‘True Love’, ‘like, ‘love is love, but…what in God’s life is ‘True Love’

Yes. I would say that true love is a type of love that exists - and it is based on nothing at all, not restrained by conditionals, and indelibly persistent. True Love is not only a romantic love, either, because True Love is love on all levels; it is not bound by attraction only.

For example, realistic examples of true love: Two people meet, become friends, and decide to spend their lives together.

Situation 1.) Person A was born (or gets in an accident and becomes) disfigured. Person B takes care of Person A, and continues to love Person A just as strongly and just as tenderly, even with the "terrible disfigurement" because Person B loves Person A, not just Person A's "perfection".
www.radaronline.com...
abcnews.go.com...

Situation 2.) Persons A & B have long, happy lives full of love and laughter. Person A wakes up one morning to find Person B dead. Person A does not want to live without Person B, and so dies shortly thereafter, sometimes for no medically discernible reason.
www.kcci.com...
www.mlive.com...
www.sltrib.com...

Situation 3.) Persons A & B become separated somehow. Neither of them has hope to see the other again, so they go on to live their lives apart. Persons A & B run into each other several decades later, and it is as if no time has passed. They love each other even more than they loved each other when they were split up, and have missed each other the whole time. They promptly take up where they left off and live their lives out together.
www.lemondrop.com...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

I believe in True Love.

Suppose the presidents of all the continets had true love, what would be different ?
Everything. We wouldn't be separate countries or continents - we'd be Citizens of Earth.

Suppose true love makes you color blind and allows a human to recognize a human for what they are minus the obsolete color aspect?
This doesn't take true love, it just takes regular old compassion, empathy, and kindness.

I write this thread because after thinking long and hard…true love, I think fits in the category of seeing Jesus or talking directly to God or something.
No, I think that "true love" happens a lot more frequently than people are willing to admit. There's just no room for it in the mainstream of this particular era, where sex sells and money is king.

'True Love' is a conspiracy and a mystery rolled into one giant ball of...love,lol

No, the true conspiracy is that it has come to the point where people can't even imagine true love... because it has been taken away by the atrocities of the world we are shown on television. Love is a mystery, I agree, but it is real.
edit on 4/6/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Q-"Suppose true love makes you color blind and allows a human to recognize a human for what they are minus the obsolete color aspect?"

Your question resembles MLK 's "I have a dream" speech.

Very good! You get what true love is really about.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

If I may comment on your response to Taupin, it's ironic that you interjected with a mention of Adam and Eve because love is a garden where Eden grows and flows out into never ending horizons forever. Like a garden love can only flourish with constant tending. That is if you do not tend to the duties of your partner's heart the garden's flowering life that makes it so beautiful will wither. It withers as it becomes twisted with vines which blocks the sunlight and warmth that the flowering beauty needs to survive and thrive. It will become a choked dark jungle that no love can enter into any longer. The love that once dwelt there will be cast out forever for the garden will no longer exist.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

If I may comment on your response to Taupin, it's ironic that you interjected with a mention of Adam and Eve because love is a garden where Eden grows and flows out into never ending horizons forever. Like a garden love can only flourish with constant tending. That is if you do not tend to the duties of your partner's heart the garden's flowering life that makes it so beautiful will wither. It withers as it becomes twisted with vines which blocks the sunlight and warmth that the flowering beauty needs to survive and thrive. It will become a choked dark jungle that no love can enter into any longer. The love that once dwelt there will be cast out forever for the garden will no longer exist.

I have 3 things to do before i leave this earth...and 1, is bringing the world back to a time in which true love was found...and found again.the golden age starts 4-23-12

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Q-"Suppose true love makes you color blind and allows a human to recognize a human for what they are minus the obsolete color aspect?"

Your question resembles MLK 's "I have a dream" speech.

Very good! You get what true love is really about.

thats funny,im in the studio now working on a song for him...a new song in which i will probaly performing one day,it will be out before his birthday in 2013..thats if we live.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Reply to your first response.

Sounds like the light of tranquility will finally reach us in time. I can't wait to see such a golden dawn rise up from the horizon before our eyes.

Reply to your second response.

Please senfd me a copy of what you recorded?

Just curious what are studio rates costing these days? Back in Detroit they were all over the place. Everybody wanted to be a Berry Gordy and start their own Motown. Everybody who owned a studio charged next to nothing because it was so competitive. Every other person it seemed had a demo tape. This is in the days of cassettes mind you, the early and mid 1980's. Marshall Mathers and Robert Ritchie etc finally made their break of course. Anyway I have DC pictured like the Detroit and surrounding areas with small recording studios dotting every other street corner. That doesn't include basement, garage and spare bedroom studios.

Oh and make a vid of your recording if possible? It would make a great YouTube video I think.
Maybe splice images of MLK clips into it fading between you singing and MLK footage.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I have 3 things to do before i leave this earth...and 1, is bringing the world back to a time in which true love was found...and found again.the golden age starts 4-23-12

What is the golden age, and how do you know it starts on 4-23-12?

Are the other two things you have to do related to the first thing you have to do?

Either way, I think it is good that you feel that you can bring the love back into true love.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
First time to see this. Awwwww thank you!

new topics

top topics

active topics

join