It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was $12,000 A Restaurant Tip Or Drug Money?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
No one just leaves $12k sitting in a box on a table... It likely was drug money.... Its not like the patron racked up a 100k bill and left that as a tip....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

No offence, but I have to disagree. Drug dealers aren't stupid, and they don't leave money on restaurant tables. They would rather exchange it in the restroom or in the alley near the restaurant or behind the restaurant...

This was some rich, kindly, and somewhat naive benefactor who found a not-so-good way to make someone's day! He (or she?) should have used a third party. I don't know all the particulars of the case, of course, but I am pretty sure it wasn't drug money.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Im baffled why she called the police....

If some one left a box of money for me, the last group of people I would be going to is the police, not becuase im some anti-government crazy tinfoil hat wearing loon....but because

1. no crime was comitted, that I can see and / or care about

2. because the person told me to KEEP IT.

Even if the money was used in the comission of a crime, I still wouldnt call the police, what the hell are they going to do with it? use it to prevent future crimes? or sniff it up their pig snouts?

If I saw it fall out of grandma's car as she pulled away and I couldnt track her down, then I'd probably go to the police as a last resort.

But people need to realise that police are not our keepers, or the people to go to when you cant figure something out on your own, they are there to uphold the law and protect our rights, which they seem to rarely do these days, so...

edit on 5-4-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

Agree that she shouldn't have called the police. Reminds me of the stories where someone finds crack and turns it in to the police, only to be arrested for crack posession! In a world gone mad, one has to think of such things.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by godspetrat
reply to post by jhn7537

No offence, but I have to disagree. Drug dealers aren't stupid, and they don't leave money on restaurant tables. They would rather exchange it in the restroom or in the alley near the restaurant or behind the restaurant...

This was some rich, kindly, and somewhat naive benefactor who found a not-so-good way to make someone's day! He (or she?) should have used a third party. I don't know all the particulars of the case, of course, but I am pretty sure it wasn't drug money.

First, it could have just been a kind gesture by a random person (who knows, I wasnt there), but if I had to bet my own money on it, I would bet that the money came from something questionable.... Second, drug dealers are stupid (well the majority of them)...thats why they sell drugs.... If they were smart or educated they would have a legitimate job and wouldnt be petty drug dealers... If you sell drugs, you're stupid...
edit on 5-4-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I can agree with that somewhat, but the drug dealers that deal in many thousands aren't so stupid, and will find a better way to exchange the cash. Was Al Capone stupid? No, he was a very bad yet very smart guy who found a way to make lots of money off of prohibition, and when they finally nailed him, it was for tax evasion! He knew how to make an exchange or deal. The illegal drug dealers of today, at least those above the street level, know the same.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

edit on 5-4-2012 by Zmboop because: nvm

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
she is retarded for calling it in to the police what the hell

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Before jumping to conclusions, May I suggest a different scenario as far as calling the police, perhaps she didn't want to call, I am thinking that after discussing it with her co-workers and manager they may have pressured her to report it in order to cover their butts. Just throwing that out. (BTW I havn't read the whole story)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
Im baffled why she called the police....

If some one left a box of money for me, the last group of people I would be going to is the police, not becuase im some anti-government crazy tinfoil hat wearing loon....but because

1. no crime was comitted, that I can see and / or care about

2. because the person told me to KEEP IT.

Even if the money was used in the comission of a crime, I still wouldnt call the police, what the hell are they going to do with it? use it to prevent future crimes? or sniff it up their pig snouts?

If I saw it fall out of grandma's car as she pulled away and I couldnt track her down, then I'd probably go to the police as a last resort.

But people need to realise that police are not our keepers, or the people to go to when you cant figure something out on your own, they are there to uphold the law and protect our rights, which they seem to rarely do these days, so...

edit on 5-4-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

If you found that kind of money on the table, you might feel abit scared they would "want it back"...weird story but i can see a woman calling the cops

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

So she gets a giant tip, has 5 kids, barely makes any money, CALLS the police, but they still take it from her "thinking" its drug money. She waited the 90 days for it to be reclaimed, and they then tell her, nope were classifying it as drug money...

I cant think of a better place for drug money to go than a working mom of 5 kids. Cant believe the cops are keeping it. Good for her to sue for it back.

minnesota.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Exactly. No good deed goes unpunished.

I would expect that from the police, to be honest. That's why I'd never tell them about it if that happened to me. Or at the very least, they'd know about it but they'd never lay eyes on it.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jyze420
she is retarded for calling it in to the police what the hell

Nah, she did the "right" thing, as morally upright people would do.. The only problem is, she was ignorant of how things are in this country nowadays. She learned a very valuable lesson and hopefully it woke her up to the tyranny. I doubt she'd do it again.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Pretty odd that she called the Police even after being told she coud keep it. Very odd indeed.

Reminds me of the time my old man was looking after the Sultan of Oman for work. He had just bought Inchcape Shipping Agency for a few billion dollars, and had come to Sydney (since it was the Asia Pacific HQ) to check out how operations were going. We were looking after his transport, and the suprising thing was he came out all by himself, with no security whatsoever.

Anyways, dad met him at the airport (he flew with British Airways, which was even more suprising, would have thought he would have used his own private jet), and after dropping him at his hotel, he gave my old man a $1000 tip, for a 15 minute drive, and even after dad told him he was charging his newly bought company for it anyways, he still told dad to keep it, since he earnt US$100 Million a day anyways from his oilfields, and he made even more off his other companies.

I was spewing I didn't get to look after him!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Oh well, she got it back today. The city is writing her a check (itll probably bounce)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Oh well, she got it back today. The city is writing her a check (itll probably bounce)

wait for it.......

pic or it didnt happen

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I wrote a letter to the Moorhead police cheif and my respective city council ward members about this.
He has a reputation of wanting to make the law instead of enforcing it. Apparently he forgot in 8th grade civics about separation of powers. I am hoping the city council looks into this obvious abuse of power.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

It does not pay to honest any more, the world is not the world it use to be. She should take a lesson from this: find it, keep it, and do not tell no one.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Authorities have decided to return a $12,000 tip to a Minnesota waitress that police believed was drug money. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

not a pic but...

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by Juggernog

wait for it.......

pic or it didnt happen

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I didn't see that you posted to me, so I apologize for the delay in responding.

I understand the notion of your post, but it is entirely sidestepping the fact that the situation that is the topic being discussed is one in which the fulcrum of "control" sits within one person's hands. It is perfectly wrong to try to align such a dilemma with what amounts to being held hostage by a decaying society.

Edit to add:
In the case of immoral societal complacency, I can say from experience that it is difficult to balance the goal of godliness with not becoming shipwrecked without the greater flock. Humans naturally flock, so what infects a portion effects a large portion. However, again, the case at hand was very "compact" in terms of the scope of making good or bad judgments.
edit on 4/8/2012 by Dasher because: added content

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

The lady is a fool.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join