It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Bible: Proofs of its Supernatural Origin

page: 6
14
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


i gave u a star. Your a real fan of the fiction I can see.




posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
reply to post by cloudyday
 



Can you imagine Jesus saying that? I hope you see the point I am trying to make and don't take this as an attack on you.

Well, Jesus did say he did not come to bring peace, but a sword. Meaning there will be division, people will come to war with us - yet we put on the full armor of God: intercessory prayer, proclamation of the gospel, and sacrificial love. The Sword, is God's Word. GodSword.
...


That's it huh? If people are turned-off by your activities on ATS you think it's because they don't like Jesus?

I've noticed that most people on ATS admire the life and teachings of Jesus even if they practice some other religion or are atheists. So if people react negatively to your posts then maybe a little introspection is in order. Turn that Sword of God on your own pride and self-righteousness.


edit on 7-4-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday
 


It's not pride or self righteousness, I'd say it's more of the Jealousy of God working through us.

It turns our insides to see so many people deceived and believing in mythological concepts and false teaching, while saying that Jesus was "just a good teacher".

That's an insult to Jesus and who He was. He was NOT a good teacher, nor was he a perfected soul, nor was he a normal man. He Was and He IS God.



posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by cloudyday
 


It's not pride or self righteousness, I'd say it's more of the Jealousy of God working through us.

It turns our insides to see so many people deceived and believing in mythological concepts and false teaching, while saying that Jesus was "just a good teacher".

That's an insult to Jesus and who He was. He was NOT a good teacher, nor was he a perfected soul, nor was he a normal man. He Was and He IS God.


Keep in mind that the Sanhedrin thought they were defending God against blasphemy when they crucified Jesus. The very idea that man thinks he must defend God shows that man does not believe in God but an idol. Your idol is your bible and your theology that you think you must defend. If it is from God it can defend itself. You only need to focus on being like Jesus. And you should be very careful not to trample on the seed God has sprinkled in the hearts of others.

edit on 7-4-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
NuT, I just want to say I admire all the work and effort you put into this thread and defending your belief system. Most people that are asking for proof are indeed sheeps and choose to believe in what Science has to say over the Bible, even after all the prophecies that came true.

You sheeps can believe in Science all you want without ever questioning who funds it, and just what kind of information they allow the world to believe but there's a lot of truth in Science just not everything especially the things TPTB don't want people knowing.

I'm not relgious, nor I have read the whole Bible. But, yet I believe in God and Jesus Christ because I see the World different then many of you probably do, I see how everything is falling like a domino effect going according to how God said things would happen.

May God forgive you all for not believing in Jesus Christ for there was a time I was in your place and saw the world the way you did, asking for proof of the unexplained and the path to awakening is truely not an easy path especially for someone who never read the Bible.

Peace.



posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


i gave u a star. Your a real fan of the fiction I can see.


Fiction is fun yeah, but I'd rather have the Truth at the end of the day. He is my Savior, fiction is good entertainment though.



posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark
 


Thank you, glory to God.



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
NuT, I just want to say I admire all the work and effort you put into this thread and defending your belief system. Most people that are asking for proof are indeed sheeps and choose to believe in what Science has to say over the Bible, even after all the prophecies that came true.

You sheeps can believe in Science all you want without ever questioning who funds it, and just what kind of information they allow the world to believe but there's a lot of truth in Science just not everything especially the things TPTB don't want people knowing.

I'm not relgious, nor I have read the whole Bible. But, yet I believe in God and Jesus Christ because I see the World different then many of you probably do, I see how everything is falling like a domino effect going according to how God said things would happen.

May God forgive you all for not believing in Jesus Christ for there was a time I was in your place and saw the world the way you did, asking for proof of the unexplained and the path to awakening is truely not an easy path especially for someone who never read the Bible.

Peace.


You call us sheep? Also Science is not a belief!! When I was small, about 6, I began questioning the existence of a god, I had realized how man has evolved and how planets are formed from dead stars, so by the age of 12 no more god. Science is about thinking logically, I have asked myself many times what the point of life is and all the time I have come to the conclusion that it is about survival of us and our species. In this massive Universe, there is no god to help us or guide us or who created us. Some feel alone when they feel that we are just a tiny spec and god isn't real. But how about we make ourselves powerful through research and by gaining knowledge? So that we are not a tiny spec anymore but a species to be feared, we got to stop killing each other and start doing something before some other species in this galaxy gets the upper hand, obviously if life has evolved here so has it evolved elsewhere.



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SchwarzRitter
 


Sounds like you made a choice to believe in something while you were still very young. Did you even bother to do any research at all? Think in terms of logic instead of thinking narrow minded? I've done all this over the course of 10 years and I was once like you. I used to be an atheist and doubted the existence of God with all my heart at that time and I was fully convinced myself of it just like you are now. I'm now an agnostic because I will not get involved in religion but I believe in God, especially the God of the Bible. I'm not afraid of going to hell but surly I repent my sins and try to do the best I can in this life. It will be up to Jesus Christ or God to decide my fate once Judgement Day comes or when I die.

I learned you don't have to be religious to believe in God and it is only through yourself where you will be able to find him not through religion or others. Don't get me started on Religion and why I believe it's wrong and how it's being used by the TPTB.

I'm not here to argue with you or debate with you and defend what I believe. I respect you for what you believe in just as much as I respect my own beliefs. But surely I pray for you that God may forgive your soul for not beliving in him for once I was in your place and I can see how hard it is to believe in a God.

God bless you.



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SchwarzRitter
 



You call us sheep?


We're all sheep in a sense, we just have different shepherds.



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
reply to post by SchwarzRitter
 


Sounds like you made a choice to believe in something while you were still very young. Did you even bother to do any research at all? Think in terms of logic instead of thinking narrow minded? I've done all this over the course of 10 years and I was once like you. I used to be an atheist and doubted the existence of God with all my heart at that time and I was fully convinced myself of it just like you are now. I'm now an agnostic because I will not get involved in religion but I believe in God, especially the God of the Bible. I'm not afraid of going to hell but surly I repent my sins and try to do the best I can in this life. It will be up to Jesus Christ or God to decide my fate once Judgement Day comes or when I die.

I learned you don't have to be religious to believe in God and it is only through yourself where you will be able to find him not through religion or others. Don't get me started on Religion and why I believe it's wrong and how it's being used by the TPTB.

I'm not here to argue with you or debate with you and defend what I believe. I respect you for what you believe in just as much as I respect my own beliefs. But surely I pray for you that God may forgive your soul for not beliving in him for once I was in your place and I can see how hard it is to believe in a God.

God bless you.



Maybe I have not explained everything, I have always had this unnatural love for science, I loved reading Encyclopedias or trying to learn how Space works, personally I love Bio and Physics. I dream of a future in which Humans are smart and are powerful but for that to happen we gotta stop believing in something WE created. Also I am not an extremist if you think like that, this forum is for me to say what I want, but I won't force my will on anyone else. It is after all your choice. What you have seen and faced in life makes you the way you are.

Science explains a lot for me, I can't sit there and expect god made everything as it makes no sense and there will be a lot of questions unanswered. Science doesn't make claims until they are proved - like evolution is real, we are currently evolving. Science is also trying to find the origins of our Universe and I know it will.

Again, we are just a spec in this massive Universe, imagine for a second that the whole World ends up believing in god, we aren't going to progress and an alien Species will wipe us out while we keep screaming and running around that it's a devil or something...



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by SchwarzRitter
 



You call us sheep?


We're all sheep in a sense, we just have different shepherds.


But I choose to be a Shepherd, a Scientist. I wish the whole of the Human Race realizes god doesn't exist. We'll all end up being Shepherds and the Sheep will be other Species.



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SchwarzRitter

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by SchwarzRitter
 



You call us sheep?


We're all sheep in a sense, we just have different shepherds.


But I choose to be a Shepherd, a Scientist. I wish the whole of the Human Race realizes god doesn't exist. We'll all end up being Shepherds and the Sheep will be other Species.


I was talking about Jesus and the devil. We're either a bond-servant to Jesus and a slave to righteousness and holiness are we're a slave to the devil and his taskmaster is sin.

There are only two.

Hear about this?


edit on 9-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SchwarzRitter
 



Maybe I have not explained everything, I have always had this unnatural love for science, I loved reading Encyclopedias or trying to learn how Space works, personally I love Bio and Physics.


I absolutely love those two myself, especially Physics. And the more I learn about modern 20th century Physics the easier Genesis chapter 1 reads.



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by SchwarzRitter

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by SchwarzRitter
 



You call us sheep?


We're all sheep in a sense, we just have different shepherds.


But I choose to be a Shepherd, a Scientist. I wish the whole of the Human Race realizes god doesn't exist. We'll all end up being Shepherds and the Sheep will be other Species.


I was talking about Jesus and the devil. We're either a bond-servant to Jesus and a slave to righteousness and holiness are we're a slave to the devil and his taskmaster is sin.

There are only two.

Hear about this?


edit on 9-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)


But there is no Jesus or Devil. So I am my own master.



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SchwarzRitter

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by SchwarzRitter

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by SchwarzRitter
 



You call us sheep?


We're all sheep in a sense, we just have different shepherds.


But I choose to be a Shepherd, a Scientist. I wish the whole of the Human Race realizes god doesn't exist. We'll all end up being Shepherds and the Sheep will be other Species.


I was talking about Jesus and the devil. We're either a bond-servant to Jesus and a slave to righteousness and holiness are we're a slave to the devil and his taskmaster is sin.

There are only two.

Hear about this?


edit on 9-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)


But there is no Jesus or Devil. So I am my own master.


IMHO There is more to being an atheist than disbelief in Jesus and the Devil. You also need to disbelieve in anything metaphysical including your own soul. You need to disbelieve in free will. So you become the master of nothing (in a way). You're simply an abstraction in a brain.

I'm an atheist/Christian mixture with a different percentage every day. Everybody is probably that way if they were honest with themselves. Here is a quote from Feynman I like:

I can live with doubt, and uncertainty, and not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. I have approximate answers, and possible beliefs, and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I’m not absolutely sure of anything, and in many things I don’t know anything about, such as whether it means anything to ask why we’re here, and what the question might mean. I might think about a little, but if I can’t figure it out, then I go to something else. But I don’t have to know an answer. I don’t feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without having any purpose, which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn’t frighten me.

Feynman Quotes



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

Originally posted by SchwarzRitter

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by SchwarzRitter

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by SchwarzRitter
 



You call us sheep?


We're all sheep in a sense, we just have different shepherds.


But I choose to be a Shepherd, a Scientist. I wish the whole of the Human Race realizes god doesn't exist. We'll all end up being Shepherds and the Sheep will be other Species.


I was talking about Jesus and the devil. We're either a bond-servant to Jesus and a slave to righteousness and holiness are we're a slave to the devil and his taskmaster is sin.

There are only two.

Hear about this?


edit on 9-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)


But there is no Jesus or Devil. So I am my own master.


IMHO There is more to being an atheist than disbelief in Jesus and the Devil. You also need to disbelieve in anything metaphysical including your own soul. You need to disbelieve in free will. So you become the master of nothing (in a way). You're simply an abstraction in a brain.

I'm an atheist/Christian mixture with a different percentage every day. Everybody is probably that way if they were honest with themselves. Here is a quote from Feynman I like:

I can live with doubt, and uncertainty, and not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. I have approximate answers, and possible beliefs, and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I’m not absolutely sure of anything, and in many things I don’t know anything about, such as whether it means anything to ask why we’re here, and what the question might mean. I might think about a little, but if I can’t figure it out, then I go to something else. But I don’t have to know an answer. I don’t feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without having any purpose, which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn’t frighten me.

Feynman Quotes


I don't believe in souls or a higher power either if that's what you're asking. I know I am just a bunch of atoms and I'm alive because of my brain and organs are working in harmony.



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SchwarzRitter
 



But there is no Jesus or Devil. So I am my own master.


Megalomania? No, I believe you're telling me the truth. I really do.



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SchwarzRitter
...
I don't believe in souls or a higher power either if that's what you're asking. I know I am just a bunch of atoms and I'm alive because of my brain and organs are working in harmony.


Free will is the notion that there is a soul controlling your body and brain to some degree. No soul means you are master of nothing, but it also means you are responsible for nothing. The soul is simply an abstraction created in the brain to explain why it chose chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla ice cream. The brain can't predict its own behaviour so it creates the abstraction of a soul to fill the gap. A fancy computer program would probably also decide that it has a soul for the same reason.

But regardless if free will actually exists, our brain believes we have a soul with free will. We can reason and prove that we don't, but our brain is hard-wired to believe we do.

I'm not saying atheism is wrong; I'm saying we humans are not able to be true atheists.



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


nope not Megalomania, haha. I just looked up the word to be honest
.



new topics

top topics



 
14
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join