It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible: Proofs of its Supernatural Origin

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by cloudyday

I would say that everybody is a wolf/sheep hybrid.
Everybody is on the same team.

No, the context is what Jesus taught. He said there was a difference between sheep, wolves, and goats. They are metaphors for believers, false teachers/believers, and unbelievers.

edit on 5-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

How do I know you're not one of the wolves (i.e. false teachers)? I'm sure most false teachers think they are teaching the truth. They are sincere and zealous in their false interpretation of the Bible.

Judge a tree by its fruits.

Everybody is on the same team (IMO). We are all sheep at heart (even the wolves).

edit on 5-4-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You know that Me, and Lionhearte, and NuT, and Lonewolf are all on the same page, because everything we preach on here correlates perfectly. None of us true Christians contradict eachother. We may argue over fine points of Theology, but our "meat and potatoes" remain the same.

That is how you can tell real from fake.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

I would say that everybody is a wolf/sheep hybrid.
Everybody is on the same team.

No, the context is what Jesus taught. He said there was a difference between sheep, wolves, and goats. They are metaphors for believers, false teachers/believers, and unbelievers.

How do I know you're not one of the wolves (i.e. false teachers)? I'm sure most false teachers think they are teaching the truth. They are sincere and zealous in their false interpretation of the Bible.

Judge a tree by its fruits.

Everybody is on the same team (IMO). We are all sheep at heart (even the wolves).

The false teachers were very zealous in Galatia, but being zealous doesn't = truth in all situations. People are very zealous for lies all the time. And oftentimes the appearance of zeal is actually selfishness. Example, the Jehovah's Witnesses. They are not going door to door or to your door because they care for you and don't want to see you perish, it's because they are trying to make themselves worthy to God to save them. You are just "commission" to them.

You don't know. But a sheep won't brag about their fruits in public, that's a fact.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I just love the way Christians always say "Here is Proof", then just quote a verse from the bible , and expect everyone to fall in line as if they have been irrefutably, proven beyond a doubt.

It says here in the bible, and this is 100% proof the bible is true....lolololololololololololol

When the bible has been peer reviewed and accepted by mainstreme science, I will believe.

edit on 4/5/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
reply to post by chrismicha77

God prophesied the end from the beginning. An agenda? I don't think that's the proper word to use.

reply to post by Starchild23

He didn't destroy anything, not yet at least. The only thing that was ever taken "out" of existence was the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, if I'm not mistaken. Though if you are referring to the flood; God doesn't do things half ways. All the time people say "if God is willing to stop evil, why doesn't He?" - well, He caused a massive flood that took out the wickedness of man so that we could have a second chance. Did it work? No, because evil still exists.

Why didn't it work? Because we have free will. God isn't going to take away our free will, and Satan himself has free will - to do whatever he wills on mankind. If God didn't allow that, what would be the point? How would we grow? A seed needs to die first before it can grow and produce many grains.

Also, I dunno if you really "read" it because you say I'm "arguing", which.. I'm not really doing. I'm just putting out some information.

reply to post by TheUnusualSuspect

Year 0 wasn't actually a year. It goes from 1 B.C. to 1 A.D. So, add a year.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

Bull crap !!!

If god used a flood to take out the wickedness of man, he also took out millions of innocent, men women and children who did nothing to deserve it ( jsut to rid us of a few bad eggs).

That in my opinion makes God a visious mass murderer who should be put on trial for crimes against humanity..!!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

I agree

Though I am still only 19, I have talked to many people about God, and found that nearly everyone has a difference of opinion on the matter, especially on how to be saved and the "last days", but I have found ALL of these people interpret all of this based on their own feelings and opinions - they do not compare scripture with scripture. My belief, is that it is not what I WANT that makes the Scripture true - otherwise I would be greedy and using it to gain self-righteousness or riches, like some of the Church today. The False Teachers. Though, what I read in the Scriptures, is to carry out the one commandment - Love. And I do not follow the commandment because I'm told to, I carry it out because I want to.

I have always been looking for other "true" Christians, as you say - that is, those who believe the only way to Christ is through Jesus, not through works - that it is the will of the Father to believe in Christ, such as John 6:40 says - (Jesus speaking) "For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Originally posted by Ironclad
I just love the way Christians always say "Here is Proof", then just quote a verse from the bible , and expect everyone to fall in line as if they have been irrefutably, proven beyond a doubt.

It says here in the bible, and this is 100% proof the bible is true....lolololololololololololol

I'm not sure you fully understand what this thread is about. It's about prophecy. Can you tell me what I'm going to be doing tomorrow, without a shadow of a doubt? No. Man cannot prophecy anything, especially with 100% accuracy. The Bible can, has, and is prophesying. We're living in Ezekial 36-38 as we speak.

The reason the Bible is self-authenticating, is because it tells the end from the beginning. If you walked down the street, found a napkin that said, "I am your God. Look to your left, and someone will get in a car crash." and as you looked to your left, you witnessed a car crash, right as read that. What will you do? Go around telling people this Napkin is God? They'll laugh at you. You'll say, "but it prophesied a car crash right before it happened!" They will say, "You wrote it AFTER the car crash."

Yea, poor analogy, but you should get my point.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Bull crap !!!

If god used a flood to take out the wickedness of man, he also took out millions of innocent, men women and children who did nothing to deserve it ( jsut to rid us of a few bad eggs).

That in my opinion makes God a visious mass murderer who should be put on trial for crimes against humanity..!!

You have documented proof that there were millions of innocent people who did nothing to "deserve" it? a FEW bad eggs? If there was but ONE good man, God would have saved them.. and He did, his name was Noah - and his family was saved, his wife, his sons, and his sons' wives.

These people were given a HUNDRED years to repent, yet they did not. Not a single one. They laughed, and scoffed, and they perished.

I'm sure you want to make the same claim about Sodom and Gomorrah? You do know that story, don't you?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Yes it is about prophecy, however how can the prophecies be real if the book its self is not the "proven", word of god.

What I am saying is that the bible its self and the verses within, cannot be prove that the bible is real. Therefore, the prophecies must also be false.

To prove something, the proof must come from an external source, with credible physical evidence to back it up.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

When the bible has been peer reviewed and accepted by mainstreme science, I will believe.

If a man coming back from death after 3 days in the tomb doesn't convince you no amount of peer-reveiwed information will sway your vote.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Bull crap !!!

The flood had nothing whatsoever to do with sin. If it was about sin he would have ended it all right there in the garden with Adam and Eve before they could procreate and make more sinners who would commit even greater sins than their's.

Read Genesis 6 carefully, it was about demi-god offspring. God slayed the Nephilim, not humans. The last human to die was Methuselah, and the flood came 7 days later.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Bull crap !!!

You have documented proof that there were millions of innocent people who did nothing to "deserve" it? a FEW bad eggs? If there was but ONE good man, God would have saved them.. and He did, his name was Noah - and his family was saved, his wife, his sons, and his sons' wives.

These people were given a HUNDRED years to repent, yet they did not. Not a single one. They laughed, and scoffed, and they perished.

I'm sure you want to make the same claim about Sodom and Gomorrah? You do know that story, don't you?

So what you are saying is that because god only spared one maan and his family, that all others over all the earth were evil and sinners and the ofspring of deni-gods?

Or he just decided that all the innicents that would die were just collarteal damage...

This would have included un-borne babies inside their mothers, newborn babies, young children, old people, butchers, bakers, candlestick makers... everyome on earth at that point was evil exept for one single man..?

I find it hard to believe that the entire population of earth at that time were sinners without redemtion.

Or are you saying that at that time on earth, there was not a single preagnant woman, newborn child on the earth?

Sorry dude, I will never read the bible, to see it from your point of view, because I believe that book is an abomination that should be destroyed for ever. So much bloodshed and intolorance for a book of love and peace.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

If a man coming back from death after 3 days in the tomb doesn't convince you no amount of peer-reveiwed information will sway your vote.

Ahh but again, where is the proof that this actually happened?

Oh, sorry my bad, the proof is in the book its self, I keep forgetting that the book is the proof and no ther proof be needed....lol

Australian Aboriginal religion/belief goes back a long way and is passed from mout to mouth, generation by generation and also told out on wall paintings along with prophecies of their own.

Am I to believe the existance of the dreamtime from what I hear and see on those cave walls. Is that proof that the dreamtime really happened? Dose that mean then that Aboriginal prophscy will also come to be?

I already know your answer to this , but the same deal applies to your bible.

Aboriginal Dreamtime stories btw, out date your bible and creation theories by 30,000 years..lol

And there is hard science and peer reviews to actually back that up.. :

Also, there are a couple of things in the natural wold, living today that put a huge question mark on the validity of your bible and thus the validity of it's prophetic nature.

There's a few living things today that actually surpass the age of the bible and creation theiry.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.scienceagogo.com...

Have a nice day..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Ahh but again, where is the proof that this actually happened?

Oh, sorry my bad, the proof is in the book its self, I keep forgetting that the book is the proof and no ther proof be needed....lol

How do you think the apostles converted 3,000 in one day without the NT being written yet? How do you think those 3,000 were saved at Pentecost when they watched the man die and be buried in a tomb 50 days earlier? How do you explain all the apostles dying for a man they knew never raised from the dead, never recanting in the face of death? How do you explain His own brothers and mother worshiping Him as a sinless God who came in the flesh after His death?

If someone was running around telling everyone I was sinless, my sister would be the first one to tell them, "That's certainly a lie, he sinned constantly." But Jesus's brother was the head of the church in Jerusalem, the same city He was killed in and buried in a tomb in. The only reason people deny He died on the cross is because they have no rational explanation for the resurrection.

You have quite a few more tough questions to answer than I ever do friend.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I already know your answer to this , but the same deal applies to your bible.

Oh dear God you have never researched the Bible, let alone the absurd mathematical properties that underlie the text itself.

I even don't know why I'm linking this, but you won't watch more than 20-30 minutes max.

If you can make it through the two part introduction the real meat and potaoes begins in parts 2 and 3 and 4. People say "You can't prove the Bible!'

Yes you can, with mathematics that are defined by science as impossible. (greater than 1/10^50 power)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Why do Humans kill each other? Why don't we just stop believing an start thinking. It would be better if we used our energy and resources for Galactic conquest rather than killing each other in the name of religion or god, which don't exist. You people will always come up with some answer. Like if I ask "Who made god?" and soon there'll be an answer.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

You know that Me, and Lionhearte, and NuT, and Lonewolf are all on the same page, because everything we preach on here correlates perfectly. None of us true Christians contradict eachother. We may argue over fine points of Theology, but our "meat and potatoes" remain the same.

That is how you can tell real from fake.

Wolves always run in packs don't they? What does that prove?

Good Friday is probably a good day to remember that we all beat and mock Jesus every day of our lives. When you make a Christian symbol your avatar, then you make yourself a representative of Christianity to everyone on ATS. NuT has 10,000 posts. Have they persuaded anybody on ATS or are they just "rah rah rah, I'm right, you're wrong, here's my Bible quote,..."?

Here is a quote from you that highlights the problem as I see it:

There is no convincing you, and I aim not to convince you.

My mission on these forums is to defend the integrity of my faith, and help strengthen fellow brothers in Christ.

I could careless about atheists, new age believers, muslims, etc etc on this forum, aside from proving them wrong and arguing with them.

Can you imagine Jesus saying that? I hope you see the point I am trying to make and don't take this as an attack on you.
edit on 6-4-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Can you imagine Jesus saying that? I hope you see the point I am trying to make and don't take this as an attack on you.

Well, Jesus did say he did not come to bring peace, but a sword. Meaning there will be division, people will come to war with us - yet we put on the full armor of God: intercessory prayer, proclamation of the gospel, and sacrificial love. The Sword, is God's Word. GodSword.

Yes it is about prophecy, however how can the prophecies be real if the book its self is not the "proven", word of god.

What I am saying is that the bible its self and the verses within, cannot be prove that the bible is real. Therefore, the prophecies must also be false.

To prove something, the proof must come from an external source, with credible physical evidence to back it up.

Oh, you can't be serious. To prove something, I need something from an external source - meaning outside our realm of nature? Yet.. I need physical proof? Are you kidding me?
If you want proof of say, the Cross, from secular sources, I can provide that, but.. what you are seemingly asking is, well, quite frankly, impossible. You're basically making an unfalsifiable argument.

Originally posted by SchwarzRitter
Why do Humans kill each other? Why don't we just stop believing an start thinking. It would be better if we used our energy and resources for Galactic conquest rather than killing each other in the name of religion or god, which don't exist. You people will always come up with some answer. Like if I ask "Who made god?" and soon there'll be an answer.

Because we're full of Sin. "Stop believing and start thinking"? That makes no sense. What do you propose we do? Become robots? Believe in Love? Well, we can't do that if we stop believing.. Hmm. What is the whole point of this life, in your opinion? You know, Howard Hughes, at one point the richest man in the world, was utterly and totally miserable. He had everything, but he was not a professing Christian, and so he believe he had nothing worth value.

Are you bashing Christians for "always coming up with some answer"? If we didn't, you would say "You Christians never come up with an answer." - and to answer your question, NOTHING made God. Nothing in our laws of causality state that God NEEDS a creator - this is a false teaching. The law DOESN'T state "Everything must have a Cause" but actually reads "Every EFFECT must have a CAUSE."

God isn't an Effect, God is a Cause. The universe is the Effect. This is basic logic.
edit on 6-4-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

By extenal, I meant, not just trying to prove the words in the bible to be true, by quoting words from the bible...

Hard physical evidence..!

Where are all the original texts that the bible was compiled from, can they be verified by science as to their origins and age.

Other Artifacts that can confirm the words in the bible as fact.

A peace of wood is just a peice of wood until someone proves otherwise.

A shoud is just a peice of cloth with a face on it untill proven otherwise.

Where's the spear of destiny, wheres the ark of the covenant...

All could possibly prove the possibility at least.

At least evolutionists have hard science to back their claims with hard raw data... I'm not saying they're right, but they have much more than just a few re-written, and re-written pages of mumb-jumbo for proof. Evolutionism is just as theoretical as the bible, but they have more data to prove the possibility.

So what I am saying is that the words in the book cannot prove the book is real...

Not without real data from other sources (which can be proven to be real), to back the words up.

There is none, unless you can present a bible, that has gods picture and autograph on the back cover..lol

edit on 4/7/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Just like the thread title

I wanna puke on you.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Just like the thread title

I wanna puke on you.

Okay. I suppose that's a lot better than you wanting to crucify me. Im fairly certain no one had ever died by being puked on, especially over the internet. Careful, I don't want all that indigestion to lead to an ulcer, perhaps you should take a break from here? I'm not going anywhere, neither is the gospel of Jesus Christ.
edit on 7-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join