It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible: Proofs of its Supernatural Origin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Have you considered that some of the prophetic books may have been written or modified after the predicted events already happened?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Ezekiel predicts that Nebuchadnezzar will destroy Egypt: *snip*
Didn't happen! Nebuchadnezzar was defeated the only time he tried to invade Egypt.

Actually, he did. Early in 605 B.C. he met Necho, the king of Egypt, in battle and defeated him at Carchemish. How can you defeat the King and not conquer? That makes no sense.

Ezekiel 30:10-11 "This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will put an end to the hordes of Egypt by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. He and his army - the most ruthless of nations - will be brought in to destroy the land. They will draw their swords against Egypt and fill the land with the slain."

FAIL: Ezekiel predicts that Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon will conquer Egypt utterly destroying it, slaying and scattering its people. Nebuchadnezzar killed many Egyptians and even the Egyptian king Necho II during a battle in Carchemish, but he never conquered Egypt. Nebuchadnezzar attempted conquering Egypt in 601 BCE and failed. In 568 BCE he tried again but Egypt still survived and the pharaoh Amasis II continued his reign from 570 until 526 BCE.

Egypt was conquered by the Nubian King Piy in 728 BCE, the Persians in 525 BCE, and Alexander the Great in 332 BCE. Never by the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar.

Nebuchadnezzar never conquered egypt!

Ezekiel 29:10-11 "therefore I am against you and against your streams, and I will make the land of Egypt a ruin and a desolate waste from Migdol to Aswan, as far as the border of Cush. The foot of neither man nor beast will pass through it; no one will live there for forty years."

FAIL: Never in its long history has Egypt been uninhabited for forty years.

When did Egypt become a desolate waste from Migdol to Aswan? When has there been 40 years that no one passed through Egypt? FAIL!

And the mother of all failed biblical prophecy comes from Jesus himself

Matthew 16:28 "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." 23:36 "I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation." 24:34 "I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened."

FAIL: Jesus states in Matthew that all the signs marking the end of the world would be fulfilled before his generation ended, before the people that were standing infront of him "taste death." Those people have been dead for over 2000 years and the world did not come to an end, neither have all those signs been fulfilled.

truth-saves.com...

The bible is loaded with failed prophecy!
edit on 4-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
reply to post by windword

Ezekiel says that Nebuchadnezzar would sack and destroy completely the city of Tyre. But it never happened. After a 13 year siege Nebuchadnezzar withdrew his forces. Tyre survived quite prosperously after that for another 240 years until it was done away with by Alexander the Great.

Actually, Ezekiel did NOT say that Nebuchadnezzar would sack and destroy COMPLETELY the CITY of Tyre - here is what it ACTUALLY says - Ezekiel 26:8 - He will ravage your settlements on the mainland with the sword; he will set up siege works against you, build a ramp up to your walls and raise his shields against you.

Which happened, the Mainland was destroyed and they fled to an ISLAND, if you read the page.. which I'm pretty sure you didn't at this point -

It does too say that Nebuchhadbezzer would destroy Tyre!

“For thus says the Lord God: Behold, I will bring against Tyre from the north Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, king of kings, with horses and chariots, and with horsemen and a host of many soldiers. He will kill with the sword your daughters on the mainland. He will set up a siege wall against you and throw up a mound against you, and raise a roof of shields against you. He will direct the shock of his battering rams against your walls, and with his axes he will break down your towers. His horses will be so many that their dust will cover you. Your walls will shake at the noise of the horsemen and wagons and chariots, when he enters your gates as men enter a city that has been breached. With the hoofs of his horses he will trample all your streets. He will kill your people with the sword, and your mighty pillars will fall to the ground. They will plunder your riches and loot your merchandise. They will break down your walls and destroy your pleasant houses. Your stones and timber and soil they will cast into the midst of the waters. And I will stop the music of your songs, and the sound of your lyres shall be heard no more. I will make you a bare rock. You shall be a place for the spreading of nets. You shall never be rebuilt, for I am the Lord; I have spoken, declares the Lord God. (Ezekiel 26:3-14)

"I will make you a bare rock"
"You shall never be rebuilt"

FAIL! He's talking a Nebuchadnezzar here! This didn't happen! Either God or Ezekiel was wrong!

(Google Earth: Tyre)

Does that look like bare rock that was never rebuilt to you?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

Ezekiel predictions that the Nile River will run dry.
Didn't happen!

It simply says he will "dry up the Nile River", not that it will "run dry" - two opposites. One implies a serious drought, the other implies that the River vanishes. Never has it been recorded that the Nile River has completely vanished, but to say it has never dried up? That's foolish. That has happened multiple times. The Nile river cuts out and becomes several other rivers, and when the Nile is not high enough, the other channels do not get fed water.. and dry up.

Ok, so the Nile's streams have run dry many times. Which of those times was the curse of Ezekiel and proof of divine prophecy?

Ezekiel 30:12 I will dry up the streams of the Nile and sell the land to evil men; by the hand of foreigners I will lay waste the land and everything in it. I the LORD have spoken. (NIV)

When did "HE" lay waste to the land and everything in it?

Ezekiel predicts that Israel will live in peace with its neighbors in the same chapter as he predicts the destruction of Tyre.

Ezekiel 28:26 reads - They will live there in safety and will build houses and plant vineyards; they will live in safety when I inflict punishment on all their neighbors who maligned them. Then they will know that I am the LORD their God.'"

Uhh, this is happening today. Israel has been regathered (why do you ignore that KEY thing!?), and have not since lost a war. In fact, much of this can be seen as prophecy of the Last Days - 1 Thess. 5:3 - While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

This is the time of the Peace Treaty. It will take place 3 1/2 years into the 7 year tribulation.

Doesn't sound like they live in safety to me. When did you say this some 3000 year old prophecy will kick in?

I don't see how something from Thessalonians, a Pauline book, has anything to do with the augmentation or apology of Ezekiel's prophecy. Surely Paul knew that Ezekiel's prophecy had failed.

At least 40 rockets landed in Israel today, the Israeli Defense Forces said, the closest landing around 25 miles from the country’s biggest city, Tel Aviv. Another hit the city of Ashdod, which has a population of 200,000.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

I found this part very interesting.

The Skeptics Reply Now the skeptic immediately says that the book of Ezekiel must have been written after these events took place. However, archaeological finds have produced Ezekiel texts that are dated to as far back as 400-600 B.C. In this century an almost complete Ezekiel text on stone tablets was found. The type of Hebrew on these tablets indicates that it was from the time of Ezekiel i.e. 500-600 B.C.! There are many scholars who believe that this stone work may be from the hands of Ezekiel himself! Alexander the Great didn't invade the city until 332 B.C., long after Ezekiel's death. The final fulfillment of the prophecy did not happen until 1291 A.D. (i.e., about 1,700 years after Ezekiel's death). The story of Tyre is in the oldest texts known.

Another interesting fact is that these 2,500 year old stone tablets contain exactly the same text as the Hebrew Bible you can buy today. (2) So much for text being lost or changed because of faulty translation! Others might argue luck. Well, the mathematical probability that Ezekiel could have guessed so many unlikely events happening is staggering. But this is only one small prophecy. There are hundreds that have come true! For an extensive treatment of this prophecy see Evidence that Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell. (3)

edit on 4-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

Indeed, it is very interesting. All of it. I haven't yet read the book, Evidence that Demands a Verdict, but will do so very soon - I know there are many books out there that talk about prophetic events and list the facts, historically speaking. All of this information is available.. yet skeptics still say it isn't. Interesting.

It seems the scripture in 1 Corinthians 1:18 is true - For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Good verse. I can tell you one important fact that I have observed: When you see a paradox, you know you are looking at the mirror of truth. If you can see so closely between zero that you notice 1 and -1, then you are able to then see truth. There is a very good reason for this. Truth is infinity (zero and all numbers). God will not allow faith to become fact. In this reality, the best we can do is see plus or minus on either side of truth. How do we know which fact is true if there is an equal and opposite truth to be seen? The positive truth reveals the actual truth. Let me give you an example:

Aliester Crowley said, ""Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

Jesus said, "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matt 7:12

To know the truth, check the intent. If the intent is to take for self, the counterfeit truth you see is the lie from a deception. If the intent is to give from love, the truth you see is from God. See it in the mirror. The difference between good and evil and the fruit of knowledge both represent a process of examining opposites until the mean is noticed and followed. God is hidden within all opposites.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by EnochWasRight

You are confused. Ezekiel 13:13 is the destruction of the prophets and their whitewashed wall in Israel.

10 “‘Because they lead my people astray, saying, “Peace,” when there is no peace, and because, when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash, 11 therefore tell those who cover it with whitewash that it is going to fall. Rain will come in torrents, and I will send hailstones hurtling down, and violent winds will burst forth. 12 When the wall collapses, will people not ask you, “Where is the whitewash you covered it with?”13 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: In my wrath I will unleash a violent wind, and in my anger hailstones and torrents of rain will fall with destructive fury.

Did that happen? Did the wall actually fall because of wind and hail stones? Proof?

Anyways, the "Lord" was referring to the prophets of the time, that were in Jerusalem.

Ezekial 13:1 1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 “Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who are now prophesying

That scripture has nothing to do with Nostradamus, The oracle of Delphi, or Edgar Casey.

Nehemiah 1:3 says the wall was burned down, and he takes on the task of rebuilding the wall.

3 They said to me, “Those who survived the exile and are back in the province are in great trouble and disgrace. The wall of Jerusalem is broken down, and its gates have been burned with fire.”

God speaks in symbol. There is a very good reason for this. Symbols contain more information than the bit of information they occupy. To know what is being said here, you must allow your bias to come down. Bias is a wall painted with a facade. It may be white, but the intent behind building the wall is false. In this case, Israel was trusting in themselves by seeking protection from a wall. I assume you are doing the same with your bias against God. Trust God and the wall can come down. If not, you will face what is described above in symbol. The fire of God comes by trials and is the very fire of the flaming sword that protects the tree of life. Is the tree of life a real tree? No. Is the flaming sword a real sword? No. It is the consuming fire of God that cuts away your pride. The tree of life is DNA. God protects the manipulation of DNA with death of those who manipulate.

Did Adam and Eve eat of a fruit from a tree? No. The fruit is a symbol of something that produces changed states in matter. We call this technology. It is a fruit that produces something in return. In Revelation, John mentions a beast, a world system of commerce and a number attached to the beast. He says this number is the mark of mankind. Are all these literal? No. Symbolic.

666 is Carbon. It has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons. It is the fruit of knowledge and the fruit we have used to build the world system of Government, trade and war. Was God speaking of a day when a man and woman ate of the fruit of some tree or was he speaking into the future from the very beginning, with a superior command of time, space, energy and matter? Has he provided proof from His world in symbol that He is God indeed? YES!

If you look at the literal only, which did actually happen, then you miss the symbolic significance that it was there to teach you about your origin and your future.

If you don't break down that whitewashed wall, God will do it for you. His version will cut away your pride. You can be sure of it. He loves you enough to show you your error. Be aware that He warned you long ago. All of us are here today to see the end of the last 6 days and the culmination of the age of 2000 years. How do I know this?

The precession of the earth is 25812 years. The great year, or the precession divided by 12 is 2151. If you then take 2151 and divide by 30 units of time, like a month, you get 71.7. If you do it another direction, you can take the precession and divide by the degrees of a circle. 25812 divided by 360 is 71.7. We arrive at the same number. This is a generation of man. The universe and our solar system are the measure of mankind.

Consult the Book of Enoch and you see Enoch giving the Watchers a warning of judgment from God in 70 generations. That's 5055 years if you round. Slightly less if you are precise. Enoch was taken by God, according to the Bible, at around 950. That's equals 6000 or so years. The oldest copy of Enoch comes from an Egyptian grave at rings in at 200 BC.

The Book of Jude then outlines the fact that Angels fell from their place in heaven and that Enoch gave them the judgment.

The Epistle of Barnabas then fills in the missing info:

Epistle of Barnabas 15:4

Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end."

Now take 1948 and consider Matthew 24 where Christ said the fig tree blooms and that generation does not pass until the end comes. Do the math at 70 years, assuming that the generation needs to still be alive. Then, consider this verse:

If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Any day now my friend. Consider what you read here wisely.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
So God was a time traveler from the future with an agenda?

No, not a time traveler. He exists outside of the dimentionality of time altogether.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUnusualSuspect
If you take 2483 then minus 606 years, then add 70 years for the captivity, then you get 1947!

There isn't a year zero, add one.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

When did Egypt become a desolate waste from Migdol to Aswan? When has there been 40 years that no one passed through Egypt? FAIL!

I don't have the time to respond to all of your rebukes, but I will later. Right now I want to point out this particular verse that you quoted, suggesting that the Bible failed. Lol. Context.

"This generation" is referring to, well, READ IT. It is referring to the regathering of Israel as a Nation. The Generation that sees it happen, will not pass - and a generation is 70 years, as Psalms says. So, 1948 + 70 = 2018.

Watch.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by TheUnusualSuspect
If you take 2483 then minus 606 years, then add 70 years for the captivity, then you get 1947!

There isn't a year zero, add one.

I assume the same. There is something about this that we miss and God has it right. Even if God missed in by one year, which I doubt He did, I just say WOW! It's AMAZING! Here is the way I do the math.

Isaiah 11:11
In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea.

Here is God's judgment predicted ahead for us to clearly read.

The Prophecy ... Ezekiel 4:4-6

"Then God said to Ezekiel,
'Now lie on your left side for 390 days
to show Israel will be punished for 390 years
by captivity and doom.
Each day you lie there represents
a year of punishment ahead for Israel.
Afterwards, turn over and lay on your right side
for 40 days, to signify the years of Judah's punishment.
Each day will represent one year . . .'"
(Ezekiel 4:4-6)

390 days Judgment against the 10 northern tribes 'Israel'
+ 40 days Judgment against the 2 southern tribes 'Judah'
= 430 years Judgment against the nation of Israel

Fulfillment

430 years of judgment determined against nation Israel
- 70 years fulfilled during the Babylonian captivity
= 360 years remaining in judgment against the nation of Israel

Where are the 360 years?

"And after all this, if you do not obey Me,
then I (God) will punish you seven times more for your sins."
(Leviticus 26:18)

"Then, if you walk contrary to Me,
and are not willing to obey Me,
I (God) will bring on you seven times more plagues,
according to your sins."
(Leviticus 26:21)

"And after all this,
if you do not obey Me,
but walk contrary to Me,
then I (God) also will walk contrary to you in fury;
and I, even I will chastise you seven times for your sins.:
(Leviticus 26:27-28)

"I (God) will scatter you among the nations
and draw a sword after you;
your Land shall be desolate
and your cities waste."
(Leviticus 26:33)

This is a factor of 7 (7X)

360 Remaining years of judgment
x 7 The prophetic '7X' factor
= 2,520 Years of judgment remained against nation Israel

360 day years for prophecies, then add the appropriate 'leap months' to the schedule. So, the easiest way to unravel this prophecy is to first convert this prophecy into days ...

2,520 years
x 360 days
= 907,200 days of judgment remained against nation Israel after the Babylonian captivity

907,200 days ÷ 365.25 days = 2,483.78 years of God's judgment remained

Now have another look.

606 B.C Israel taken into Babylonian captivity
- 70 Years for 70 years
= 536 B.C. End of first 70 years of judgment
+ 2483 Years Now add the 2,483 years remaining in this judgment
+ 1 Year Add 1 year because there is no "0" B.C. or A.D.
= 1948 AD! End of judgment against nation Israel

Here is the thread I did as SuperiorEd. LINK

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I don't have the time to respond to all of your rebukes, but I will later. Right now I want to point out this particular verse that you quoted, suggesting that the Bible failed. Lol. Context.

"This generation" is referring to, well, READ IT. It is referring to the regathering of Israel as a Nation. The Generation that sees it happen, will not pass - and a generation is 70 years, as Psalms says. So, 1948 + 70 = 2018.

Watch.

Right, then take 7 years from that for tribulation and you now have 2012 - 2018. The days will be cut short or no flesh will survive. WOW! God is amazing.

Now, go read Psalm 111-119 and you see the chapters are a countdown from 2011-2019 with the Hallel Psalms between. 2015 is the revealing of the Antichrist. This is my reading of the Psalms and what others have noticed as well.

Psalm 115
1 Not to us, LORD, not to us
but to your name be the glory,
because of your love and faithfulness.

2 Why do the nations say,
“Where is their God?”
3 Our God is in heaven;
he does whatever pleases him.
4 But their idols are silver and gold,
made by human hands.
5 They have mouths, but cannot speak,
eyes, but cannot see.
6 They have ears, but cannot hear,
noses, but cannot smell.
7 They have hands, but cannot feel,
feet, but cannot walk,
nor can they utter a sound with their throats.
8 Those who make them will be like them,
and so will all who trust in them.

9 All you Israelites, trust in the LORD—
he is their help and shield.
10 House of Aaron, trust in the LORD—
11 You who fear him, trust in the LORD—

12 The LORD remembers us and will bless us:
He will bless his people Israel,
he will bless the house of Aaron,
13 he will bless those who fear the LORD—
small and great alike.

14 May the LORD cause you to flourish,
both you and your children.
15 May you be blessed by the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

16 The highest heavens belong to the LORD,
but the earth he has given to mankind.
17 It is not the dead who praise the LORD,
those who go down to the place of silence;
18 it is we who extol the LORD,
both now and forevermore.

Praise the LORD.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

If I was allowed to rewrite (or interpret) what was written for any other subject, I could make grandiose statements of proof as well.

The thread started with the position that the prophesies of the bible were proof of it being written by a God of supernatural origin.
Now that the prophesies have been shown to have not come true in full, the argument switches to interpretation.
This is why I personally have such difficulty with religious debate, none of the denominations completely agree with each other, so if you look hard enough you can find someone to argue an interpretation that fit's your own world view.

For the record, I was raised Catholic. I have spent years drumming for many churches- As I remember- Catholic/ Methodist/ Baptist/ Evangelical/ Unity and a few others for small engagements.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The OP has implied that the bible has a supernatural origin and that he has PROOF because of prophecy, and uses Ezekiel's prophecies as an example. But many of Ezekiel's prophecies didn't come true.

Now you're telling me not to take things literally, but to see these as symbols.

You have neither proven nor disproven the OP's assertions, but you have confused the topic with fuzzy math.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme

If I was allowed to rewrite (or interpret) what was written for any other subject, I could make grandiose statements of proof as well.

The thread started with the position that the prophesies of the bible were proof of it being written by a God of supernatural origin.
Now that the prophesies have been shown to have not come true in full, the argument switches to interpretation.

No. You tagged Ezekiel 13 to the incorrect history. You have been show that you were in error and now you continue to use this as your premise. Not only this, we showed you irrefutable evidence that the Bible is spot on. It is obvious what you are trying to do here. Stick to truth. Trying to mirror truth to counterfeit is not an option these days. People know the trick.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

The OP has implied that the bible has a supernatural origin and that he has PROOF because of prophecy, and uses Ezekiel's prophecies as an example. But many of Ezekiel's prophecies didn't come true.

Now you're telling me not to take things literally, but to see these as symbols.

You have neither proven nor disproven the OP's assertions, but you have confused the topic with fuzzy math.

Which prophecy didn't come true? You were shown that Ezekiel 13 was speaking of Israel and not Tyre. I also showed you that symbolism is used to represent larger ideas. The literal is only one layer of the onion. Please list your examples of Ezekiel being wrong, but before you do, make sure you read the Matthew Henry commentary so you can save us all some time. If you misquote again, I'll post the MH myself.

Please provide a list, with historical references. Bring it on.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

No. You tagged Ezekiel 13 to the incorrect history. You have been show that you were in error and now you continue to use this as your premise. Not only this, we showed you irrefutable evidence that the Bible is spot on. It is obvious what you are trying to do here. Stick to truth. Trying to mirror truth to counterfeit is not an option these days. People know the trick.

Sir, I have done no such thing, as that was my first post in this thread and had no mention of Ezekiel in it.
There is no no error on my part as I was merely stating my own personal opinion, which you must agree I know better than someone who is not me.
You have not shown me, nor anyone who does not already agree with you irrefutable evidence. My proof of this statement would be the number of people refuting your evidence.
I will leave it to others to define their own version of truth.
But I will add, my mother is an ex-nun and she dose not make arguments like the ones I constantly see here on ATS. In fact, I rarely hear her bring up the bible in casual conversation. She will occasionally wonder why God (whatever). Most recently It was why doesn't God want us to be in the Caribbean at this point in time, when the Cruise ship she was going to be on had engine trouble and the company cancelled the cruise.

edit on 4-4-2012 by randomtangentsrme because: I forgot a word in a sentence due to my fiancee finding a feral cat with kittens living in our backyard

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Sir, I have done no such thing, as that was my first post in this thread and had no mention of Ezekiel in it.
There is no no error on my part as I was merely stating my own personal opinion, which you must agree I know better than someone who is not me.
You have not shown me, nor anyone who does not already agree with you irrefutable evidence. My proof of this statement would be the number of people refuting your evidence.
I will leave it to others to define their own version of truth.
But I will add, my mother is an ex-nun and she dose not make arguments like the ones I constantly see here on ATS. In fact, I rarely hear her bring up the bible in casual conversation. She will occasionally wonder why God (whatever). Most recently It was why doesn't God want us to be in the Caribbean at this point in time, when the Cruise ship she was going to be on had engine trouble and the company cancelled the cruise.

edit on 4-4-2012 by randomtangentsrme because: I forgot a word in a sentence due to my fiancee finding a feral cat with kittens living in our backyard

My apologies, I mistook you for Lionhearte in this post. LINK Or I a may have assumed you were referencing what he said about Ezekiel, which we showed to be untrue. I would still like to hear anyone say that Ezekiel was in error. If true, I would love to figure out why. If not, I am sure it can be shown to be misunderstood. Either way, I am interested.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Interestingly enough, I never stated that I had proof. I posted a website, which had the word PROOF in it's TITLE. Even though I strongly suggested it, I never claimed I did - TECHNICALLY speaking.

Besides, the proof is in the pudding. ALL of Ezekiel's prophecies have come true, in fact, all the prophecies in the Bible have come true - except for the remaining ones to take place in the Last Days.. of which we are living in. Right now.

I mean, look up the movie 25 Messianic Signs - watch it if you can. Seriously. It's an hour long. If you finish watching it and you aren't convinced God exists, I'm sorry, but you are a great fool and I seriously would be praying for you day and night.

Honestly. Watch that movie.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Dear, dear, EWR, these threads can sometimes be hard to follow, who said what, who's answering what. To be fair, the post by Lionhearte that you linked in you post, was mistakenly "not quoted."

Ezekiel's prophecy was wrong. Sure Nebuchadnezzar waged war against Tyre, but the Tyrian held them back for 13 years, and did not destroy Tyre, as it existed for Alexander the Great to conquer later and still is home to more than 100,000 residents. So, Ezekiel was wrong.

These are my words that Lionhearte meant to quote, but he didn't use the [quote ] [ /quote], so it appeared as if those were, in fact, his words. They were not. They were my words he was meaning to argue against.

I have listed a number of instances in which Ezekiel missed the mark. To read all my post in this thread, click on the blue "member" tab under my avatar, Select "View posts in thread" and you can read all my posts succinctly. It would not be fair to the OP for me to repost already posted posts in his thread, would it?

If you would like to comment on my actual arguments and the actual premise of the OP, I would be happy to converse.

edit on 5-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Dear, dear, EWR, these threads can sometimes be hard to follow, who said what, who's answering what. To be fair the post by Lionhearte that you linked in you post was mistakenly "not quoted."

Ezekiel's prophecy was wrong. Sure Nebuchadnezzar waged war against Tyre, but the Tyrian held them back for 13 years, and did not destroy Tyre, as it existed for Alexander the Great to conquer later and still is home to more than 100,000 residents. So, Ezekiel was wrong.

These are my words that Lionhearte meant to quote, but he didn't use the [quote ] [ /quote], so it appeared as if those were, in fact, his words. They were not. They were my words he was meaning to argue against.

I have listed a number of instances in which Ezekiel missed the mark. To read all my post in this thread, click on the blue "member" tab under my avatar, Select "View posts in thread" and you can read all my posts succinctly. It would not be fair to the OP for me to repost already posted posts in his thread, would it?

If you would like to comment on my actual arguments and the actual premise of the OP, I would be happy to converse.

You are making the mistake of not reading the symbols correctly. The prince of Tyre is a symbol for the ultimate destruction of the AntiChrist. One thing the video below misses is the symbol for the seas. The seas are the nations.

edit on 5-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join