It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible: Proofs of its Supernatural Origin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I came across this link several months ago, and decided to share it with the community here at ATS - for both believers and non-believers to discuss, hopefully without too much ridicule and attacks (on BOTH parties).

Here is the site in question - The Bible: Proofs of Its Supernatural Origin

An excerpt from the opening statement reads:

The God of the Bible demonstrates that He is the Creator by demonstrating that He exists outside of our dimension of time. We humans are irreversibly trapped in this time domain and can only know the present and the past. It is impossible, under natural circumstances, to know anything that is in the future of our time line. If we received information about an event in our future it could only come from a source that existed outside our time domain. Since this could not be a natural source, it would be by default a supernatural source . This is exactly where the God of the Bible claims He dwells. The Bible is the the only book on planet earth that can demonstrate it's text comes from a being who exists outside our time domain. It does this by telling us things before they happen with incredible accuracy.

I encourage EVERYONE, believer and non-believer alike, to read all of it, in full. I won't go into details about them, but I will highlight a few of the sections and paraphrase them -

The Destruction of Tyre

These are the very specific prophecies for the city of Tyre made by a Hebrew prophet 2,600 years ago.

1. Nebuchadnezzer will destroy the mainland city of Tyre. (Ezekiel 26:8)
2. Many nations against Tyre. (Ezekiel 26:3)
3. Make her bare rock; flat like the top of a rock. (Ezekiel 26:4)
4. Fishermen will spread their nets over the site. (Ezekiel 26:5)
5. Throw the stones and timbers into the water. (Ezekiel 26:12)
6. Never be rebuilt. (Ezekiel 26:14)
7. Princes of nearby coast lands will be astonished by Tyre's fall and give up their thrones.

The site goes through each one of these prophetic events, to confirm that each one has take place, and remain true to this day (including Prophecy #6, that it will never be rebuilt) - want to debunk the Bible and cause Christians everywhere to renounce their faith? Rebuild the City of Tyre.

Ezekiel's Prophecy of Israel's Rebirth in 1948

In the year 592 B.C. in the Babylonian Empire a Hebrew slave named Ezekiel was instructed by an angel to:

"Lie on your left side and put the sin of the house of Israel upon yourself. You are to bear their sin for the number of days you lie on your side. I have assigned you the same number of days as the years of their sin. So for 390 days you will bear the sin of the house of Israel. After you have finished this, lie down again, this time on your right side, and bear the sin of the house of Judah. I have assigned you 40 days, a day for each year." (Ezekiel 4:4-6).

This section is quite interesting. It takes you back to key historical events that occurred, such as the captivity of the Jews by the Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzer in 606 B.C., which lasted for 70 years (this was prophesied as well, by Isaiah, almost 100 years earlier in Isaiah 39:5-7, and Jeremiah chapters 25 & 27). It goes on to talk about over 360 years of punishment, until the Nation is reborn again.

Before you say, "Wait, only 360 years? But it took them thousands of years until they became a Nation again!" well, continue reading and you'll come across this verse..

"If you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant ... I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies. If after all this you will not listen to me, I will punish you for your sins seven times over." (Leviticus 26: 14-22)

Biblical scholars have applied this Levitical principle of multiplying Israel's punishment by seven to the remaining 360 years and found a phenomenal discovery..

The Biblical prophetic year in the Jewish calendar is 360 days long. This discovery was made by Sir Robert Anderson in his book The Coming Prince. 5 In fact, all ancient calendars of the world, at one time calculated the year as 360 days. So if you multiple the 360 years of remaining punishment x 360 days/year x 7 times punishment (Levitical principle) = 907,200 days. 907,200 days is 2483.8 years (modern Julian calendar years). So, 907,200 days of punishment remained for the nation of Israel after the 70 year Babylonian captivity. The question is where do you begin calculating the remaining 907,200 days?

So there you have it. 907,200 days of punishment - but where do you start counting?

Servitude of the Nation

There is a Biblical term applied to the nation of Israel called the period of the servitude of the nation. This refers to the period of time that the conquered people of Israel lived through without their own rulership. The people and nation of Israel ceased being a sovereign nation in 606 B.C. And began the first 70 years of servitude at that time. After the 70 year Babylonian captivity they returned to the land but they were ruled over by a succession of empires (Medo-Persian, Greek, Roman) until 70 AD When Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans. Then for the next 18 centuries the Israelites were dispersed among the many nations of the world and for the most part were slaves. To the Jewish mind they lost their sovereignty in 606 B.C. with the Babylonian takeover and didn't regain it until the servitude of the nation ended on May 14, 1948 when Israel again became a nation.

The Babylonian captivity began July 25th 606 B.C. and ended July 23rd 537 B.C. This was the very day that the Medo-Persian emperor Cyrus gave the decree that allowed the Jews to return to Israel. If you begin counting the 907,200 days of remaining punishment from July 23rd 537 B.C., the day of Cyrus' decree and the end of the first 70 years of the servitude, and go foreword 907,200 days you get May 14th 1948! This was the very day that David Ben Gurion announced to the whole world the official formation of the nation of Israel!

Very interesting indeed. The next one, however, is truly amazing.. I won't go into it in much detail at all, but I will highlight one particular part..

The Prophecy of the Seventy Weeks: The Most Amazing Prophecy in the Bible

In the book of Daniel 9:24-26 the angel stated:

"Seventy sevens are determined for your people and for your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sins, to make reconciliation for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, t o seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy".

"Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah. the Prince, there shall be seven sevens and sixty two sevens; the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublesome times. And after the sixty two sevens the Messiah shall be cut off. But not for Himself; and the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary" (Daniel 9:24-26).

This message pinpointed the time of the coming of the long awaited Messiah!

Read. Enjoy. Discuss.

God bless.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So God was a time traveler from the future with an agenda?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wait...so God played the Terminator, but instead it's called the Savior?

Interesting, considering He destroyed half the crap he made, and threatens (to this day) to destroy the rest of they don't bow to him. And despite His insistence upon being worshiped, He continues to make life on Earth a living hell...or allows it to continue thus, in any case.

Yep. In the face of your arguments, I'm gonna have to say:

Cool story bro, needs more dragons and stuff.

After all, it's supernatural, right?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If you take 2483 then minus 606 years, then add 70 years for the captivity, then you get 1947!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

God prophesied the end from the beginning. An agenda? I don't think that's the proper word to use.

reply to post by Starchild23

He didn't destroy anything, not yet at least. The only thing that was ever taken "out" of existence was the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, if I'm not mistaken. Though if you are referring to the flood; God doesn't do things half ways. All the time people say "if God is willing to stop evil, why doesn't He?" - well, He caused a massive flood that took out the wickedness of man so that we could have a second chance. Did it work? No, because evil still exists.

Why didn't it work? Because we have free will. God isn't going to take away our free will, and Satan himself has free will - to do whatever he wills on mankind. If God didn't allow that, what would be the point? How would we grow? A seed needs to die first before it can grow and produce many grains.

Also, I dunno if you really "read" it because you say I'm "arguing", which.. I'm not really doing. I'm just putting out some information.

reply to post by TheUnusualSuspect

Year 0 wasn't actually a year. It goes from 1 B.C. to 1 A.D. So, add a year.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

It is impossible to refute the Messianic Prophecies. How could any one person make these events happen exactly as they happened to the letter? The answer is that the Bible is the Living Word of God, and the Messiah is Jesus Christ. The first prophecy of Christ even occurs in Genesis. It is impossible to deny these prophecies. It cannot be done.

Old Testament Scriptures That Describe The Coming Messiah
The Messianic Prophecy (paraphrased) Where the prophecy appears in the Old Testament (written between 1450 BC and 430BC) Jesus’ fulfillment of the prophecy in the New Testament (written between 45 and 95 AD)
The Messiah will be the offspring (descendant) of the woman (Eve) Genesis 3:15 Galatians 4:4
The Messiah will be a descendant of Abraham, through whom everyone on earth will be blessed Genesis 12:3; 18:18 Acts 3:25,26
The Messiah will be a descendant of Judah Genesis 49:10 Matthew 1:2 and Luke 3:33
The Messiah will be a prophet like Moses Deuteronomy 18:15-19 Acts 3:22,23
The Messiah will be the Son of God Psalm 2:7 Matthew 3:17; Mark 1:11; Luke 3:22
The Messiah will be raised from the dead (resurrected) Psalm 16:10,11 Matthew 28:5-9; Mark 16:6; Luke 24:4-7; John 20:11-16; Acts 1:3 and 2:32
The Messiah crucifixion experience Psalm 22 (contains 11 prophecies—not all listed here) Matthew 27:34-50 and John 19:17-30
The Messiah will be sneered at and mocked Psalm 22:7 Luke 23:11,35-39
The Messiah will be pierced through hands and feet Psalm 22:16 Luke 23:33 and 24:36-39;
John 19:18 and 20:19-20,24-27
The Messiah’s bones will not be broken (a person’s legs were usually broken after being crucified to speed up their death) Psalm 22:17 and 34:20 John 19:31-33,36
Men Will Gamble for the Messiah’s clothing Psalm 22:18 Matthew 27:35; Mark 15:24; Luke 23:34; John 19:23,24
The Messiah will accused by false witnesses Psalm 35:11 Matthew 26:59,60 and Mark 14:56,57
The Messiah will be hated without a cause Psalm 35:19 and 69:4 John 15:23-25
The Messiah will be betrayed by a friend Psalm 41:9 John 13:18,21
The Messiah will ascend to heaven (at the right hand of God) Psalm 68:18 Luke 24:51; Acts 1:9; 2:33-35; 3:20-21; 5:31,32; 7:55-56; Romans 8:34; Ephesians 1:20,21; Colossians 3:1; Hebrews 1:3; 8:1; 10:12; 12:2; 1 Pet 3:22 . . . sorry, we got carried away!
The Messiah will be given vinegar and gall to drink Psalm 69:21 Matthew 27:34; Mark 15:23; John 19:29,30
Great kings will pay homage and tribute to the Messiah Psalm 72:10,11 Matthew 2:1-11
The Messiah is a “stone the builders rejected” who will become the “head cornerstone” Psalm 118:22,23 and Isaiah 28:16 Matthew 21:42,43; Acts 4:11; Ephesians 2:20; 1 Peter 2:6-8
The Messiah will be a descendant of David Psalm 132:11 and Jeremiah 23:5,6; 33:15,16 Luke 1:32,33
The Messiah will be a born of a virgin Isaiah 7:14 Matthew 1:18-25 and Luke 1:26-35
The Messiah’s first spiritual work will be in Galilee Isaiah 9:1-7 Matthew 4:12-16
The Messiah will make the blind see, the deaf hear, etc. Isaiah 35:5-6 Many places. Also see Matthew 11:3-6 and John 11:47
The Messiah will be beaten, mocked, and spat upon Isaiah 50:6 Matthew 26:67 and 27:26-31
The “Gospel according to Isaiah” Isaiah 52:13-53:12 Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
People will hear and not believe the “arm of the LORD” (Messiah) Isaiah 53:1 John 12:37,38
The Messiah will be rejected Isaiah 53:3 Matthew 27:20-25; Mark 15:8-14; Luke 23:18-23; John 19:14,15
The Messiah will be killed Isaiah 53:5-9 Matthew 27:50; Mark 15:37-39; Luke 23:46; John 19:30
The Messiah will be silent in front of his accusers Isaiah 53:7 Matthew 26:62,63 and 27:12-14
The Messiah will be buried with the rich Isaiah 53:9 Matthew 27:59,60; Mark 15:46; Luke 23:52,53; John 19:38-42
The Messiah will be crucified with criminals Isaiah 53:12 Matthew 27:38; Mark 15:27; Luke 23:32,33
The Messiah is part of the new and everlasting covenant Isaiah 55:3-4 and Jeremiah 31:31-34 Matthew 26:28; Mark 14:24; Luke 22:20; Hebrews 8:6-13
The Messiah will be our intercessor (intervene for us and plead on our behalf) Isaiah 59:16 Hebrews 9:15
The Messiah has two missions Isaiah 61:1-3 (first mission ends at “. . . year of the LORD’s favor”) First mission: Luke 4:16-21; Second mission: to be fulfilled at the end of the world
The Messiah will come at a specific time Daniel 9:25-26 Galatians 4:4 and Ephesians 1:10
The Messiah will be born in Bethlehem Micah 5:2 Matthew 2:1 and Luke 2:4-7
The Messiah will enter Jerusalem riding a donkey Zechariah 9:9 Matthew 21:1-11
The Messiah will be sold for 30 pieces of silver Zechariah 11:12,13 Matthew 26:15 with Matthew 27:3-10
The Messiah will forsaken by His disciples Zechariah 13:7 Matthew 26:31,56
The Messiah will enter the Temple with authority Malachi 3:1 Matthew 21:12 and Luke 19:45

Consider this a highly condensed list, because there are many prophecies not even listed here.

If these prophecies were fulfilled to the letter, what makes people so arrogantly high minded about the prophecies about the End of the World and the Second Coming of Christ not coming to pass?

After all the Bible does say:

2 Peter 3:4

"And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation."
edit on 4-4-2012 by yahushuasaves because: Addition

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Are you asserting that because there are prophecies in the bible, that apparently came true, (which I am not convinced IS true), that is proof that the bible is penned by god?

Ezekiel 13: I will put an end to your noisy songs, and the music of your harps will be heard no more. 14 I will make you a bare rock, and you will become a place to spread fishnets. You will never be rebuilt, for I the LORD have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD.

Ezekiel's prophecy was wrong. Sure Nebuchadnezzar waged war against Tyre, but the Tyrian held them back for 13 years, and did not destroy Tyre, as it existed for Alexander the Great to conquer later and still is home to more than 100,000 residents. So, Ezekiel was wrong.

Also, if prophecy is proof of the bible being inspired by god, what of other seers, like Nostradamus, the Oracle of Delphi or Edgar Casey?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

So you don't think the Bible could have been written in an attempt to control humanity? Words given to the people from TPTB from the future is my guess.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Are you asserting that because there are prophecies in the bible, that apparently came true, (which I am not convinced IS true), that is proof that the bible is penned by god?

That is the assertion, yes. Man cannot prophecy the future at such a great distance (thousands of years), because as time and space are nearly one in the same, we can only document what we have seen, or are seeing, but we do not have the ability to foresee. The only one who can, comes from beyond the limits of Time and Space. In other words, God.

Ezekiel 13: I will put an end to your noisy songs, and the music of your harps will be heard no more. 14 I will make you a bare rock, and you will become a place to spread fishnets. You will never be rebuilt, for I the LORD have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD.

Ezekiel's prophecy was wrong. Sure Nebuchadnezzar waged war against Tyre, but the Tyrian held them back for 13 years, and did not destroy Tyre, as it existed for Alexander the Great to conquer later and still is home to more than 100,000 residents. So, Ezekiel was wrong.

No.

"The modern city of Tyre is of modest size and is near the ancient site, though not identical to it. Archaeological photographs of the ancient site show ruins from ancient Tyre scattered over many acres of land. No city has been rebuilt over these ruins, however, in fulfillment of this prophecy." (Dennis and Grudem, “Tyre,” The ESV Study Bible)

Also, if prophecy is proof of the bible being inspired by god, what of other seers, like Nostradamus, the Oracle of Delphi or Edgar Casey?

The answer, ironically, comes from within the Bible. It says that if a prophet were to be wrong only ONE TIME, he is a false prophet - Nostradamus, the Oracle of Delphi, and Edgar Casey have all been proven to have been wrong at least at one point.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

So you don't think the Bible could have been written in an attempt to control humanity? Words given to the people from TPTB from the future is my guess.

I wondered that myself awhile ago. It is an interesting thought, and surely it would be believable, no? The problem I have with it, as you can see in my thread in the signature below, is that with Christianity - there is no catch. There's no "control" mechanism. The only "control" that comes from it, are from evil men who use it to further their own gains - say, a Church who demands you tithe. That in itself is spoken against of in the Bible. Jesus spoke against RELIGION openly, and literally hated such things.

To be honest, the only thing the Bible teaches, is that you believe in God and in Jesus - do this and you will live forever. Proof? Thief on the Cross - he made a single confession of faith when he was crucified (because he was a Thief) next to Jesus - "Remember me when you enter into your Kingdom." and Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

The Bible predicted these so called "Powers that be" before they ever came.

Jude 1:4 "For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."

Psalm 2: "1Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

3Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

10Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him."

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

You are confused. Ezekiel 13:13 is the destruction of the prophets and their whitewashed wall in Israel.

Always consult the Matthew Henry Commentary

Verses 10-16

We have here more plain dealing with the false prophets, and some further articles of their doom. We have seen the people made ashamed of the false prophets (though sometimes they had been fond of them) and casting them away, as they shall do their false gods, with indignation; now here we find them as much ashamed of their false prophecies, which they had sometimes depended upon with much assurance.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I enjoyed this thread. Thank you for the links.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I found this part very interesting.

The Skeptics Reply Now the skeptic immediately says that the book of Ezekiel must have been written after these events took place. However, archaeological finds have produced Ezekiel texts that are dated to as far back as 400-600 B.C. In this century an almost complete Ezekiel text on stone tablets was found. The type of Hebrew on these tablets indicates that it was from the time of Ezekiel i.e. 500-600 B.C.! There are many scholars who believe that this stone work may be from the hands of Ezekiel himself! Alexander the Great didn't invade the city until 332 B.C., long after Ezekiel's death. The final fulfillment of the prophecy did not happen until 1291 A.D. (i.e., about 1,700 years after Ezekiel's death). The story of Tyre is in the oldest texts known.

Another interesting fact is that these 2,500 year old stone tablets contain exactly the same text as the Hebrew Bible you can buy today. (2) So much for text being lost or changed because of faulty translation! Others might argue luck. Well, the mathematical probability that Ezekiel could have guessed so many unlikely events happening is staggering. But this is only one small prophecy. There are hundreds that have come true! For an extensive treatment of this prophecy see Evidence that Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell. (3)

edit on 4-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Excellent proofs and prophecies.

Excellent post.

S&F

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

I found this part very interesting.

The Skeptics Reply Now the skeptic immediately says that the book of Ezekiel must have been written after these events took place. However, archaeological finds have produced Ezekiel texts that are dated to as far back as 400-600 B.C. In this century an almost complete Ezekiel text on stone tablets was found. The type of Hebrew on these tablets indicates that it was from the time of Ezekiel i.e. 500-600 B.C.! There are many scholars who believe that this stone work may be from the hands of Ezekiel himself! Alexander the Great didn't invade the city until 332 B.C., long after Ezekiel's death. The final fulfillment of the prophecy did not happen until 1291 A.D. (i.e., about 1,700 years after Ezekiel's death). The story of Tyre is in the oldest texts known.

Another interesting fact is that these 2,500 year old stone tablets contain exactly the same text as the Hebrew Bible you can buy today. (2) So much for text being lost or changed because of faulty translation! Others might argue luck. Well, the mathematical probability that Ezekiel could have guessed so many unlikely events happening is staggering. But this is only one small prophecy. There are hundreds that have come true! For an extensive treatment of this prophecy see Evidence that Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell. (3)

edit on 4-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

Indeed, it is very interesting. All of it. I haven't yet read the book, Evidence that Demands a Verdict, but will do so very soon - I know there are many books out there that talk about prophetic events and list the facts, historically speaking. All of this information is available.. yet skeptics still say it isn't. Interesting.

It seems the scripture in 1 Corinthians 1:18 is true - For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Ezekiel says that Nebuchadnezzar would sack and destroy completely the city of Tyre. But it never happened. After a 13 year siege Nebuchadnezzar withdrew his forces. Tyre survived quite prosperously after that for another 240 years until it was done away with by Alexander the Great.

In 332 BC, the city was conquered by Alexander the Great, after a siege of seven months in which he built the causeway from the mainland to within a hundred meters of the island.

Alexander the Great connected the island to the mainland coast by constructing a causeway during his siege of the city, demolishing the old city to reuse its cut stone.

[17] where the sea floor sloped abruptly downwards.[18] Tyre continued to maintain much of its commercial importance until the Christian era. The presence of the causeway affected water currents nearby, causing sediment to build up, making the connection permanent.

The present-day city of Tyre covers a large part of the original island and has expanded onto and covers most of the causeway, which had increased greatly in width over the centuries because of extensive silt depositions on either side.

The part of the original island that is not covered by the modern city of Tyre consists mostly of an archaeological site showcasing remains of the city from ancient times.en.wikipedia.org...

Tyre was NOT destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar!

Ezekiel predicts that Nebuchadnezzar will destroy Egypt:

Ezekiel 30:10-11 I will put an end to the hordes of Egypt by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. He and his army—the most ruthless of nations— will be brought in to destroy the land. They will draw their swords against Egypt and fill the land with the slain. (NIV)

Didn't happen! Nebuchadnezzar was defeated the only time he tried to invade Egypt.

Ezekiel predictions that the Nile River will run dry.

Ezekiel 30:12 I will dry up the streams of the Nile and sell the land to evil men; by the hand of foreigners I will lay waste the land and everything in it. I the LORD have spoken. (NIV)

Didn't happen!

Ezekiel predicts that Israel will live in peace with its neighbors in the same chapter as he predicts the destruction of Tyre.

Ezekiel 28:26-24 No longer will the people of Israel have malicious neighbors who are painful briers and sharp thorns. Then they will know that I am the Sovereign LORD. This is what the Sovereign LORD says: When I gather the people of Israel from the nations where they have been scattered, I will show myself holy among them in the sight of the nations. Then they will live in their own land, which I gave to my servant Jacob. They will live there in safety and will build houses and plant vineyards; they will live in safety when I inflict punishment on all their neighbors who maligned them. Then they will know that I am the LORD their God. (NIV)

That'll be the day! HAHAHA, Never happened, never gonna happen.

Proof that the bible ISN'T divinely inspired by your own criteria. But if you need more examples where the bible fails in its prophecy, just let me know, I can find more.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

You are confused. Ezekiel 13:13 is the destruction of the prophets and their whitewashed wall in Israel.

10 “‘Because they lead my people astray, saying, “Peace,” when there is no peace, and because, when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash, 11 therefore tell those who cover it with whitewash that it is going to fall. Rain will come in torrents, and I will send hailstones hurtling down, and violent winds will burst forth. 12 When the wall collapses, will people not ask you, “Where is the whitewash you covered it with?”13 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: In my wrath I will unleash a violent wind, and in my anger hailstones and torrents of rain will fall with destructive fury.

Did that happen? Did the wall actually fall because of wind and hail stones? Proof?

Anyways, the "Lord" was referring to the prophets of the time, that were in Jerusalem.

Ezekial 13:1 1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 “Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who are now prophesying

That scripture has nothing to do with Nostradamus, The oracle of Delphi, or Edgar Casey.

Nehemiah 1:3 says the wall was burned down, and he takes on the task of rebuilding the wall.

3 They said to me, “Those who survived the exile and are back in the province are in great trouble and disgrace. The wall of Jerusalem is broken down, and its gates have been burned with fire.”

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Reply by Starchild23

Wait...so God played the Terminator, but instead it's called the Savior?

Interesting, considering He destroyed half the crap he made, and threatens (to this day) to destroy the rest of they don't bow to him. And despite His insistence upon being worshiped, He continues to make life on Earth a living hell...or allows it to continue thus, in any case.

Yep. In the face of your arguments, I'm gonna have to say:

Cool story bro, needs more dragons and stuff.

After all, it's supernatural, right?

With this kind of idiocy, our task is hopeless. You make a great presentation, and you get witless trolling by people like this.

Cant squeeze blood out of a turnip brother, especially this turnip above.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Ezekiel says that Nebuchadnezzar would sack and destroy completely the city of Tyre. But it never happened. After a 13 year siege Nebuchadnezzar withdrew his forces. Tyre survived quite prosperously after that for another 240 years until it was done away with by Alexander the Great.

Actually, Ezekiel did NOT say that Nebuchadnezzar would sack and destroy COMPLETELY the CITY of Tyre - here is what it ACTUALLY says - Ezekiel 26:8 - He will ravage your settlements on the mainland with the sword; he will set up siege works against you, build a ramp up to your walls and raise his shields against you.

Which happened, the Mainland was destroyed and they fled to an ISLAND, if you read the page.. which I'm pretty sure you didn't at this point -

In the year 586 B.C. Nebuchadnezzer, the King of the Babylonian Empire began to attack the city of Tyre. The Babylonian army was the greatest fighting force up to that time and besieged the city of Tyre for 13 years. When they finally broke down the gates and walls of Tyre he found that the people had moved out to an island 1/2 mile off the coast of Tyre.

Ezekiel predicts that Nebuchadnezzar will destroy Egypt: *snip*
Didn't happen! Nebuchadnezzar was defeated the only time he tried to invade Egypt.

Actually, he did. Early in 605 B.C. he met Necho, the king of Egypt, in battle and defeated him at Carchemish. How can you defeat the King and not conquer? That makes no sense.

Ezekiel predictions that the Nile River will run dry.
Didn't happen!

It simply says he will "dry up the Nile River", not that it will "run dry" - two opposites. One implies a serious drought, the other implies that the River vanishes. Never has it been recorded that the Nile River has completely vanished, but to say it has never dried up? That's foolish. That has happened multiple times. The Nile river cuts out and becomes several other rivers, and when the Nile is not high enough, the other channels do not get fed water.. and dry up.

Ezekiel predicts that Israel will live in peace with its neighbors in the same chapter as he predicts the destruction of Tyre.

Ezekial 28:26 reads - They will live there in safety and will build houses and plant vineyards; they will live in safety when I inflict punishment on all their neighbors who maligned them. Then they will know that I am the LORD their God.'"

Uhh, this is happening today. Israel has been regathered (why do you ignore that KEY thing!?), and have not since lost a war. In fact, much of this can be seen as prophecy of the Last Days - 1 Thess. 5:3 - While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

This is the time of the Peace Treaty. It will take place 3 1/2 years into the 7 year tribulation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join