It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming controversial: "Temperature vs CO2: which is the cause and which is the effect?"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by SaturnFX

Non of what you said here proves that WE are the cause for the warming! And if vapor is being increased by the increase of sea temps then wouldn't that spiral out of control? You know as water vapor has a bigger greenhouse effect?

And now you can refer to the original ops graphs showing a rapid increase in temperatures...
in a word...yes.

What gets me is that this planet has survived for billions of years without our interference! But we are so egotistical that we believe we know best! That we can effect what happens on this planet!

Not sure what is more egotistical, thinking we can trash the ecosystem, or thinking no matter what we do, we can't.
toss up.
The planet has been here for billions of years, yes...but we haven't been here for that long.
The planet will be here long after we are gone also, and all life for that matter...

I want to extend our visit for as long as possible...I am actually not worried about the planet..I am worried about our species on it.

Where is the sun in all this? I don't know about you but when the sun comes out it gets hot! That is what evaporates the water! Isn't it?

The sun actually doesn't "come out". its sort of always there...
We have these neat polar ice that reflects plenty of sunlight and thermal radiation back out into space...less ice caps = less reflection = more absorbtion = warmer.

I'm fairly certain co2 doesn't evaporate water. And as I've said if water vapor is a bigger greenhouse gas, wouldn't the normal water vapor (without our co2 input) make the temps go up and thus increase the evaporation process?

I don't think this planet is as fragile as they like us to think! It has all sorts of mechanisms to protect itself!

The human body has a crazy great amount of self healing.
But you don't need a lot of poison in the body to hurt it quite badly...you don't need a majority of virus to blood cell count to pretty much kill it.
a little bit of bad stuff tends to do a lot of damage.
The earth is a body...well, the life existing on it.
your saying a bit of poison, a bit of virus shouldn't hurt it.

I disagree.

I also don't see us meeting in any halfway point. The globe is warming. There is a debate point as to how much man has caused, I think the more important question is, what can we do? Well, the first thing we must do is all agree the freaking thing is warming...then we can ask the scientists what we can do...because I damn sure won't be listening to a corporation or a politician.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by SaturnFX

And now you can refer to the original ops graphs showing a rapid increase in temperatures... in a word...yes.

Well I have to say that I'm not keen on graphs and the like, especially on such an issue. They've already proven to be manipulated! And that was by 'scientists'. I don't trust them either! Scientists are people and can be bought and paid for just like politicians.

Not sure what is more egotistical, thinking we can trash the ecosystem, or thinking no matter what we do, we can't. toss up. The planet has been here for billions of years, yes...but we haven't been here for that long. The planet will be here long after we are gone also, and all life for that matter... I want to extend our visit for as long as possible...I am actually not worried about the planet..I am worried about our species on it.

Even though we have not been on the planet for the entire time there have been forces that were! Such as volcanoes and the like that spew out co2 like nobody's business!

See the problem is that you're assuming that the rise is bad for us! Why? There have been similar warm periods before! There have been ice ages before! We survived! I tell you what we should be worried about, government! Not a substance that feeds the damn plants and then in turn the plants feed us! Btw if you want I can go grab some graphs too, and also evidence about how graphs are manipulated.

The sun actually doesn't "come out". its sort of always there... We have these neat polar ice that reflects plenty of sunlight and thermal radiation back out into space...less ice caps = less reflection = more absorbtion = warmer.

Yay! Mr Pedantic, thanks for that explanation on the working of our sun!

So what? Haven't there been studies done by 'scientists' that show no warming for the past 10 years? Perhaps we leveled out? And like I said, if all this was going on (as you describe it). Wouldn't the temps just keep getting hotter and hotter? At a faster and faster pace?

Didn't they say that we would all be under water by now? Isn't that what they said like 30 years ago?

The human body has a crazy great amount of self healing. But you don't need a lot of poison in the body to hurt it quite badly...you don't need a majority of virus to blood cell count to pretty much kill it. a little bit of bad stuff tends to do a lot of damage. The earth is a body...well, the life existing on it. your saying a bit of poison, a bit of virus shouldn't hurt it.

This is utter non-sense! You are saying that co2 is a poison! lol Without it the plants can not live! And thus we can not live! Some poison! You have been brainwashed into thinking that co2 is bad and evil! Even to the point that you refer to it as poison! Wow!

Btw I think the human body is way more powerful than you give it credit! Considering all the junk and actual poisons we put into it, I think it holds up quite well! Also comparing something that only lives for a 100 years (if your lucky) to something that has lasted billions of years is not quite the same, is it?

I also don't see us meeting in any halfway point. The globe is warming. There is a debate point as to how much man has caused, I think the more important question is, what can we do? Well, the first thing we must do is all agree the freaking thing is warming...then we can ask the scientists what we can do...because I damn sure won't be listening to a corporation or a politician.

As I've said there are studies to show that there has been no warming over the past 10 years! I'm not saying I believe it or don't believe it, but one thing I can say is scientists can lie and be bought on both sides of this! They are certainly not to be trusted!

I too won't be listening to corporations nor politicians... But where do many of these scientists get their funding? I say we can not trust any of them!

From my own observations I see no difference in the weather of the UK, it still rains when it wants to (most of the time) We still have crappy short summers. We still get odd weather (like recently we had lovely warm weather, then a few days later snow! lol). If it was as bad as you make out, wouldn't I be able to observe some kind of change? Anything? We're not under water either, not even a little bit! lol.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join