It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friending Issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have noticed during my 2 years here, that clicking 'friend' does not always stick. Sometimes it takes several attempts and sometimes it never sticks. I have friended LightSpeedDriver a dozen times and it still does not show up in his friend list. Realm 52 notified me of the same thing with 'friending' me several times.(It did finally stick)

Is there a trick or glitch somewhere in the process?

Thanks,
spec

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
That's strange, I never had issues like this. If I "friend" somebody they always get added to my friend-list.

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I have friended LightSpeedDriver a dozen times and it still does not show up in his friend list.

Maybe a stupid question but you do understand that if you add somebody as a friend, they will only be added to your friend list. In order for you to be added to their friend-list, they will have to add you as a friend......

Can't help you much further.

Peace

edit on 4-4-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I realize when I friend someone it immediately shows up in my profile, but the snag is showing up on their profile, under 'friends.'
Now that I think about it, it is not really a big deal, and sort of an ego thing. I want the other member to know that I added them as a friend, and my name showing up in their 'friend' section was important to me.
Someone U2'd me and said they friended me several times, but their name never showed up on my friend(These are the ATS members who have added me as their friend in our quest for denying ignorance.)
No big deal, I was just curious if anyone else experienced this. I realize there are more pressing issues around here.

Thanks for the reply,
spec

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

You're not getting it. Read the previous answer again.

1. You make me your friend. I show up on your friends list.

2. I do not reciprocate. I do not make you my friend. You do not show up on my friends list.

3. I may be your friend, but you are not my friend.

Get it?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

But I am talking about friends that have 'friended" each other, see.
Example, LightSpeedDriver and I have friended each other, I show up on both his "My friend" from profile, and "I am a friend of" sections of his profile, you know, when you click 'friend' in their profile.
Whereas in my profile, he is shown in "My friend" but not in "I am a friend of"...see?

Again, I now realize it is kind of silly to complain, but I have just noticed the glitch, that's all.
So yes I do "get it." Do you?

Trivial I realize too

edit on 5-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

top topics

join