It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels get "Dumb and Dumber 2"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Guess whose back? The SEQUEL is finally here. The Dumb and Dumber prequel was okay, I laughed, but what makes this movie great is Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels. First there was the announcement of Anchorman 2 and now this! Filming for this movie is set to begin this September. Saaaaaweeet!

www.chicagotribune.com...

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are doubling down on dumbing down at the movies. At least, according to Peter Farrelly they are.

"Dumb and Dumber" co-writer and co-director Farrelly confirmed that Carrey and Daniels have signed on to reprise their roles as laugh-inducing nitwits Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne in a sequel to the 1994 comedy.

Related articles,
www.forbes.com...
www.cnn.com...
edit on 4-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Wasn't there already a sequel?

Dumb and Dumberer

www.imdb.com...

Peace

edit on 4-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
... YES!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
this is gonna kick the prequel's ass.
trying to think of a quote but all I can think of is the blind kid holding the dead bird.
"pretty bird"

edit on 4/4/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Dumb and Dumberer

www.imdb.com...

Peace

That was a prequel

This is awesome news! DnD is one of my top favs and I just watched it last night lol

Thanks OP!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Nope, that would be the prequel "Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd ", as I've already stated in my op, that included a totally different cast, aka no Jim Carey or Jeff Daniels.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
wOOt. bring it on.

I love a good laugh.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I thought the second movie with the other actors sucked badly, so im looking forward to seeing it done "properly" by Jim and Jeff in this new one

also anchorman 2 is going to be great, i watch anchorman almost once a month currently, i hope the seconds going to be as good or better, but thats alot to live up to.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Dumb and Dumberer

www.imdb.com...

Peace

Yeah, surprisingly had a lot of name actors in it, too. I never saw it. I don't think many people did because Carrey wasn't in it.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I remember years ago people being so mad about the prequel that they said even if another movie followed with Jim and Jeff, they would refuse to watch it.

I bet nobody remembers thinking that though....

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I am so happy right now. That Dumber and Dumberer was terrrrrible. Except for that part with Bob Sagat.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Sweet, I don't usually watch movies but gonna check this one out! That and the new movie from the Borat guy.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It's about time!!! One of only a handful of movies I can watch over and over again.

Now if they'd only do an Earth Girls Are Easy sequel....

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ya know, I was at Jeff Daniels house last summer with the window washing company I work for and we were asking him if he would ever do another dumb and dumber movie. He just smiled, and said to be patient. He really is a nice man. I have worked for him and interacted with him on many occasions over the years and he really is one of those celeberties that is really normal and down to earth. Big Civil War history buff to. I always enjoy discussing that with him when we are there.

I can't wait for the new one to come out. I hope it tops the original but we shall see.
edit on 4/4/12 by usmc0311 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join