It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Hacktivism Led to Discovering Digital Arms Dealers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

How Hacktivism Led to Discovering Digital Arms Dealers

www.networkworld.com

Under Surveillance: Investigating digital arms dealers is a documentary that globe hops from France to Libya, Syria, London and ends pointing a finger at a digital arms dealer in the USA. Entire countries are monitored for voices of dissent against their government, places where bloggers are tortured and killed for telling the truth, for fighting for freedom. These mass surveillance systems would not have been uncovered had it not been for hacktivists. (#OpBullAmesys)
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
__._

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hiya ATS,

After some minor confusion on the original thread, I am able to repost this as a friend in the media has now covered this. This is part of a project that I worked on that goes in to how Governments around the world are able to monitor digital communications with ease, and the companies that sell the software. I was part of a 7 member international team that translated and subtitled this video from french to english. I hope you do take the time to check it out.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have read through the article and it shows effort has been put into it. Incidentally, I was reading another article earlier today in Foreign Policy journal about creeping monitoring of internet. Also there is this govtrack on HR 3523, bill text through which ISPs have the power to collect information about your Internet use. This information is "proprietary" -- you don't have the right to know what info they're collecting on you. The ISP is exempt from all legal and criminal action for surveillance under this bill.

The new rule which let's UK government to monitor web and email use under new legislation which is set to be announced soon and several others. This is a combined effort by several countries to reign in the power of internet and people. There is not just one specific country or region involved in this but majority of countries all over the world be it Iran, China, Pakistan etc. or even US, UK, Australia etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

yeah CISP looks pretty nasty. It is going to put a halt on any type of electronic whistle blowing (like manning) and give the government all sorts of new capabilities when it comes to collecting your private information. I really hope we can put a stop to CISP like we did SOPA.

CISP

Even though you provided the link, its worth a second read

edit on 4-4-2012 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

top topics

join