It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret infiltrated by government?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

I had proof and a confession from a Chinese Government Official here on ATS and I got the boot for a few days for doing it. They don't allow any targets of members right or wrong. And I can see why. People would target others for no reason at all and then say well I thought they were as a excuse.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

I had proof and a confession from a Chinese Government Official here on ATS and I got the boot for a few days for doing it. They don't allow any targets of members right or wrong. And I can see why. People would target others for no reason at all and then say well I thought they were as a excuse.

Well that wasn't the reason it was closed was it? I gave that suggestion as a more reasonable reason for closing and actually thought that was why they did it. That I could somewhat understand, but the reason given is weak IMO.

Sorry to hear about your hiatus, one thing we must all respect is the fact that this is a privately owned forum and they have any and all rights to do however they please. But a duck still quacks.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

The 'UFO Community' is like an unincorporated township. There are no city limits, no boundaries. Anyone can claim to be a resident.

Valid point.

But by and far the most visible and vocal commentators on the subject now either are or pretend to be wild-eyed "true believers" who are disdainful of any degree of skeptical analysis. "Government" or other secretive organizations may be deliberately tainting the pool but at this point there are clearly prominent non-governmental BS agents who should be called out first.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Look at the "I was a Paid Internet Shill" thread, and ask yourself why that thread got closed due to T&C violation, yet others are thrown into skunks works or left alone while breaking that same rule.

Sorry, but that thread was total BS. Nobody would bother paying anyone to "shill" in Lunatic Outpost.

Actually I can come up with at least a half dozen reasons why they would bother, but I am not going to derail this thread because of one incidence. The OP of this thread felt the need to start a thread, and the subject reminded me of that example, that's all. Why are you posting on a lunatic outpost anyway?

The subject of this thread is "ATS infiltrated by the government." You implied this might be the case citing the closure of the "I was a paid internet shill" thread. My point is that thread was BS as its author claimed to be paid to "shill" on Lunatic Outpost, a very small site that only a few conspiracy theorists know about and certainly nothing that anyone would be paid full time to infiltrate.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My goodness, we haven't had the government spying on ATS/disinformation meme on here for at least a week. The book itself gets very mixed reviews. The author is a self-confessed crop circle hoaxster who says ALL crop circles are hoaxes. Many of the reviews call this book a painful and dull read.

Still, the issue remains. You have to wonder what "ATS being infiltrated by government" means on a publicly available forum where anyone can join. It's not like there are any barriers to joining ATS. Everyone has permission to be here. You don't have to provide a resume, undergo fingerprinting and a background check, or sneak past a receptionist's desk to "infiltrate" the forums. It's kind of like saying, "Joe infiltrated New York City" when he went there to visit. In other words, in the absence of any barriers to entry, it makes little sense to claim something has been infiltrated.

We have the "disinformation" angle, which also makes a regular weekly, if not daily, appearance here. The idea here is that if anyone disagrees with the latest conspiracy, they must be a "disinformation agent" wanting to divert the attention of ATS "sheeple." This is very prevalent in the 9/11 forums, but appears nearly everywhere else as well. In fact, we have certain ATS members who claim a particular ability to "spot" disinformation agents because of the way they post, perhaps the way they deflect points in some sort of regulation fashion. Every once in awhile you see posters bragging about their abilities here.

I would put the claim of someone being a "disinformation agent" right up there alongside the claim that someone is "racist." It's used pretty much the same way. For example, in the recent Trayvon shooting the prevalent attitude on ATS is to follow the MSM story hook, line, and sinker. You may find this surprising for a conspiracy site that purports to look askance at the MSM, but in this case the dominant theme is to swallow the thing whole.

Now it has come to pass that there is another possibility here. There is some evidence that Zimmerman, who is Hispanic, btw, shot in self-defense. So we have some contrary evidence. I personally don't know one way or another, but the reaction by ATS is to call anyone who brings up this contrary evidence "racist." The claim of "disinformation agent" is used the same way. If someone points out the Building Seven's downfall can be explained without resorting to implanted explosives, that person is called a "disinformation agent."

So I do not put much credence in the idea that somehow "disinformation agents" have "infiltrated" ATS. It seems a rather silly concept and this author, though he wrote it in a rather obscure book by a rather obscure publisher, isn't any different than the usual claimant on ATS.

The third claim is that ATS is "being watched." The question is, in what context? Skeptic Overlord has reported to us that during times of an exciting event, traffic from dot.mil and dot.gov domains goes up. There are two ways to look at this. One is that all that traffic consists of agents spying on ATS. The other is that government and military employees are interested in the issue and are looking it up in the media, including the alternative media. Now if you want to claim that any government employee who reads a newspaper is "spying" or has "infiltrated" that newspaper, then I guess you have your case. But I think you would be hard pressed to tell the difference. Your evidence is traffic, but to claim this represents spying is jumping to unfounded conclusions. ATS has gone to great lengths to be "first" in Google searches. Is it really surprising that people click on it?

The other way of "being watched" is electronically. And here I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is true. In fact, I think it is likely that this site is scanned every day for every post by computers looking for specific phrases that may be of interest. This is how it works:

If the automatic analysis captures a phrase of interest, the post is flagged for review. It may go through a secondary automatic scan, or it may go directly to human review. The human is most certainly a low-level operative. Most get their start by enlisting in the armed services, then working for the NSA while still in uniform. This E-4 or E-5, 20 to 25 years old, then looks at the messages to determine significance. 99% of the time this kid will be able to properly determine that the post is of no significance, in which case it gets dropped. If not, there are several levels of review before something is deemed actionable. This whole scenario can happen very quickly, btw.

So, yeah, ATS is probably on the radar screen, but it is unlikely that it is considered particularly significant. The liklihood of intentional infiltration is near zero.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Look at the "I was a Paid Internet Shill" thread, and ask yourself why that thread got closed due to T&C violation, yet others are thrown into skunks works or left alone while breaking that same rule.

Sorry, but that thread was total BS. Nobody would bother paying anyone to "shill" in Lunatic Outpost.

Actually I can come up with at least a half dozen reasons why they would bother, but I am not going to derail this thread because of one incidence. The OP of this thread felt the need to start a thread, and the subject reminded me of that example, that's all. Why are you posting on a lunatic outpost anyway?

The subject of this thread is "ATS infiltrated by the government." You implied this might be the case citing the closure of the "I was a paid internet shill" thread. My point is that thread was BS as its author claimed to be paid to "shill" on Lunatic Outpost, a very small site that only a few conspiracy theorists know about and certainly nothing that anyone would be paid full time to infiltrate.

Is the lunatic outpost subject that you speak of the pro-Israel lobby? Because that was his assignment. Whatever side you fall on in that debate one thing you cannot discount is the amount of influence of that lobby has over our government, and the fact that a large part of our foreign policy, debt and security is directly tied to it's conclusions.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Is the lunatic outpost subject that you speak of the pro-Israel lobby?

I'm not quite following you. You do understand that there is a small conspiracy site called Lunaticoutpost.com and the poster claimed he/she was being paid to "shill" there?

Once again I find that highly implausible and the consensus at Lunaticoutpost seems to be the same.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Is the lunatic outpost subject that you speak of the pro-Israel lobby?

I'm not quite following you. You do understand that there is a small conspiracy site called Lunaticoutpost.com and the poster claimed he/she was being paid to "shill" there?

Once again I find that highly implausible and the consensus at Lunaticoutpost seems to be the same.

Ahhh I misunderstood entirely, my apologies.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
HBGary, personas project. There's real evidence of govt tied to active disinfo on sites such as this one.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by HODOSKE

Can you trust a man who has himself been "outed" as an agent of MI5?

www.wired.co.uk...

Good Catch!

Yeah,kind of hard to take what he says,seriously.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I expect this to be monitored for sure. But Whatevs, I am a Patriot and I have my right to say my mind in a respectful manner. I'm not a danger, but I could use a Remote Viewing Job. You guys in government don't know what your are missing here. World events are like a kaleidoscope of information to me, And don't ever place a degree above sheer passion-driven, self-education.

I'll respond kindly to a personal message, so come find me.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm sure there are government shills on this website who pedal their disinfo.

Also why wouldn't the government monitor this website. We are the ones who are on top of things and are not swayed by their disinfo. They monitor us so when we do figure "it" out, they can be here to figure out how to address it. They probably look to us for things they've had trouble figuring out themselves, as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HODOSKE
I was reading a book I picked up at the library and to my surprise, my favorite website, above top secret was mentioned. The book, Mirage Men by Mark Pilkington talks about the government controlling the information we receive and believe about ufos and aliens. I am only a few chapters in with the book but the author believes we are constantly fed misinformation and they want us to believe in Ufos and aliens to keep us from finding out the real truths they are hiding from us ( what ever they might be.) He thinks even Above top Secret website is monitored constantly by the government and the government posts misinformation to confuse us. Any thoughts?

Ya know, on the one hand I feel as though the government should, and BETTER, be monitoring public websites, but only to keep in touch with the needs and wants of the people. But, if this disinformation crap is true, than I want to see elected officials go to prison over it. Seems so easy for them to forget that they work for US!
edit on 4/4/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
I'm sure there are government shills on this website who pedal their disinfo.

Also why wouldn't the government monitor this website. We are the ones who are on top of things and are not swayed by their disinfo. They monitor us so when we do figure "it" out, they can be here to figure out how to address it. They probably look to us for things they've had trouble figuring out themselves, as well.

to be on "top" of things. at the very minimum you should be land owners. if you are not land owners and specifically land owners that own land in a location people care about...you are nothing.

but war will be brought upon you nevertheless.

i'd bet top dollar that people that you consider enemies own land in locations you'd like to own land...

were a vest.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zinky

Awesome!

You're not serious are you??

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Do you guys really think the the US government has nothing better to do than spy on a bunch of random people on an internet forum. I know you all want to feel special but we really aren't. Sorry if that makes you guys depressed. The simple fact is the government doesn't care and just because some paranoid author says ATS is infiltrated doesn't make it true.

~ a government spy.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
that should be common knowledge but what you dont understand is that you have the same access to the info. then you can break it down and produce your own opinions about it. research it other places and see what lines up correctly and what dosent.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AguyAndAgirl
It's hard to argue though, especially when the government has misinformed before.. i hate the shady s*** they pull on us every f****** day.

Careful dude, I got a official warning for that "circumvention of cursing" or some .........

Anyhow, topic at hand:
I don't know if there are such "disinfo agents". When I was called one, that made me re-evaluate my suspicion on the subject and realized its basically just dodging a discussion. When you can't argue a better point, or match credibility, then just dismiss the person as being some sort of shill and pretend you won the argument.

I will say, if there are shills and disinfo folks here...they aren't the debunkers..they are the ones putting up every single youtube video showing a light and demanding its proof, calling everyone whom disagrees names, etc..aka, making the whole topic look like the area for fools, idiots, and liars.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Does not suprise me at all. Big bro is everywhere.. eatadicuptilluhiccup

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well if we are being monitored we should all do like I do use you're real name like I do instead of a web name, what's the worst that could happen for discussing things that we are curious about, also tell the truth and be honest that is something that nobody can hold against you. What's more is why would anyone even care that we want to know about the world and universe around us.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join