Above Top Secret infiltrated by government?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HODOSKE
I was reading a book I picked up at the library and to my surprise, my favorite website, above top secret was mentioned. The book, Mirage Men by Mark Pilkington talks about the government controlling the information we receive and believe about ufos and aliens. I am only a few chapters in with the book but the author believes we are constantly fed misinformation and they want us to believe in Ufos and aliens to keep us from finding out the real truths they are hiding from us ( what ever they might be.) He thinks even Above top Secret website is monitored constantly by the government and the government posts misinformation to confuse us. Any thoughts?

Honey, this is the internet. Anybody and everybody can be on it and can claim anything- true or not. Lurkers are even more prevalent. Of course the government has people on here!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
the servers went down earlier it
was reported that it was because
the trending topic page was exploited...

No such thing was reported or implied.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SherlockH
send me a link to the form

The contact form is linked at the bottom of every page.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Yes, I found it and sent an email ...

You do realize that my account was altered by someone other than myself. Someone with access to resetting passwords? Someone that could prevent me from resetting my password using the associated email address.

No doubt if they can change my password, they can change my associated email address so I cannot reset my password. This obviously locks me out of my account.

This is effectively a ban ...

Right now I have very suspicious thoughts and feeling about this website, and these suspicions are not unfounded ...

If this problem is ignored, as so far it is, I will be left with no more doubt about what this site is all about ...

edit: if your site records ip addresses of members when they post then it would be easy to identify that SherlockH and MegaMind are located at the same ip within just the last 24 hrs of this post ... not that anyone on ATS seems to care ...

edit on 5-4-2012 by SherlockH because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-4-2012 by SherlockH because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

He thinks even Above top Secret website is monitored constantly by the government and the government posts misinformation to confuse us. Any thoughts?

Plenty of jokers on this site op, does not surprise me that some of them would be the government type of jokers.

Seems true that they feed disinfo as its there job to do that, and they do an alright job at it. Sometimes I like to bug them when there doing there job. But you know there just doing there job, it's not nice to bother people who are just doing there job, nor does it solve anything. So I usually leave them alone, unless of-course I am in a mood to bring the lol's.

As anybody who has had a job knows being that "guy" who always bothers you when your just doing a job is not a nice thing to do.

And no doubt they are hiding things, but mostly they seem to be trying to confuse themselves and so others from certain truths, mostly its just muddying the waters so nobody can get a clear picture. And since they themselves do not have a clear picture...Well it makes for one giant mess.

And no doubt they do not know all things, or as much as they think they do. So they lurk and play games on the nets to gather information on what is going on, data gathering not much more different then when corporations do it to find out new trends and such.

Also they seem to be trying to plug and change the tide of something they can not control or possible begin to understand, something they themselves helped create, like a snowball rolling down the hill it has grown. And for some reason there surprised at that... So they try to guide this ball without getting in the way and getting squashed.

And sometimes op by making and distributing a dogma or a believe/meme to say, it brings it to life. And by inserting there meme that they are watching you, which they are and let me tell you there probably bored out of there minds, that's got to be a sucky job. Way to much sitting involved.

The first job of any government or power especially the more shadowy ones, is in trying to build a mystery, and make themselves bigger then they actually are. Because if everybody believes that they are, it will become true. You know if you build it they will come.

Like everything and everybody else there just riding the wave, and even trying to guide it in there own way. It's kind of fascinating to watch, but it gets old as there are so many more other things going on.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Has anyone considered the possibility that there might be Constitutionalists in the military and CIA who might be gathering information to use in order to keep us free from the dark side?

I am not saying that this is true. I am suggesting it COULD be.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

No, the government is not watching the #1 conspiracy forum in the world! Come on people.

L2

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

You do realize that my account was altered by someone other than myself. Someone with access to resetting passwords? Someone that could prevent me from resetting my password using the associated email address.

We have a log of all such actions taken by staff... no such action on your account has been initiated by anyone on staff.

The last, most-recent action in the log is this post action with no other discussion or follow-up from staff.

Was your password easy to guess? Did someone prank you?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

Originally posted by Jameela
I think conspiracy theorists as a whole are usually of the above average to genius intelligence levels

Just wow. I assume this is your first stay at ATS? I have never, ever, experienced a place with more nutcrackers than this. It is actually quite amazing. Tje majority of people on this site will believe *anything* without giving it any though or research what-so-ever, as long as it is a cool sounding story.
edit on 5/4/12 by Thain Esh Kelch because: (no reason given)

That I noticed also, just yesterday someone posted an article which the poster believed with every fiber of their being, asserting it was "proof" for claims.

It took me less than 3 minutes to Google and find an article proving the falsehood of the article they posted... less than three minutes, probably more like a minute and a half, but since I was not timing it I will stretch so as not to say a lie.

But seriously... if I can use GOOGLE and a minute or two of my time to find out the truth, how come they did not? It is not as if my connections with Google are better than their connections with Google! But this shows people sometimes believe what they want to believe, and truth is not a concern, only their own opinion and ones which are in agreement.

In order to change someones belief on a given topic, you have to work to change their 'opinion' by showing them why their opinion should change, facts have little effect on someone with an 'opinion'. Facts are only tools to show people why their opinion should change, but rarely an opinion changer. Usually only an experiential event can change an opinion.

But others here DO think and DO have a lot of intelligence. I would say many, as I have seen them post. But you are correct, this is my first stay.
edit on 6-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

We have a log of all such actions taken by staff... no such action on your account has been initiated by anyone on staff.

The last, most-recent action in the log is this post action with no other discussion or follow-up from staff.

Was your password easy to guess? Did someone prank you?

Possibly someone other than ATS staff did ... I don't know ... suspicious to say the least ...

All fixed now ...
edit on 4/6/12 by SherlockH because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Alright I'm back ...

Who is that SherlockH character?

Just kidding ...

Thanks ATS staff for fixing it ...

I have no idea what happened ... very unnerving to say the least.

I'm a little concerned about the security on my computers at the moment.

Did someone hack my PC or just my ATS account? hmmmm ....

I think I'll be making some changes now ...

Just so everyone knows they were able to match my IP to my posts - so yes your ip address is recorded with your postings ...

edit on 6-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

It's not so easy to do really. I don't know of the specific event you speak of but on controversial topics there might be conflicting reports. For instance you can easily find an article or reference stating Roswell was a hoax/weather balloon/secret military device etc. but you can also find other articles/references stating that it was a UFO crash site. Same goes for 9/11, Iran nuclear weapons, Iraq WMDs. This is an information war and the first casualty is truth (cliché but true). A critical mind along with an intuitive touch is needed to filter and even then you aren't fool proof.

Skepticism is a great tool but some pride themselves on being debunkers like it's a profession which biases their choices on what to believe is true or not. If I go with the intention of disproving something then the first article that I find that confirms that (even if there are 5 others articles countering it) is the one I choose to focus on as truth. But this can also go both ways, because if I want to believe in green elves in siberia any article stating their existence is the one I focus on. Open minded but not gulliable is a balance most should strive for.
edit on 6-4-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You can hide your IP address.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What I find amusing is that people assume government agents are all on here to spread disinfo... does it occur to anyone that some are here just for the same reason you are? There are many on here that have openly stated their government jobs yet most people don't even see that or don't believe it but I have a list of real ATS members who ARE spooks Easy to find if you pay attention

Right. While an IP can be traced to an agency, this does not give ATS the information as to who the user/member actually is, or whether that member is officially monitoring or just a curious member who happens to work at at/for said agency, like most/some of us.

If ATS would know if the site was actively being monitored, and not simply accessed by a curious unofficial member who happens to work for an agency, how would they know this unless they have been purposefully granted such info?

Again, just because an IP is traced to DoD or CIA doesn't mean it's being monitored.

While i am sure disinfo spreading does occur, i don't think it's the extent to what a lot of the paranoid people think.

Best way to hide any thruth... is flood the internet with BS so no one believes anything... but sadly there are more people out there doing that for free that don't work for any agency

True, that.

Easy to find if you pay attention

I don't really pay attention enough. These topics are not what most interest me, i just find it amusing the way some people are so utterly convinced in such a Great Conspiracy that even the birds looking in their windows are in on it and fitted with AV devices.

But one person, whom you have quoted, also does not speak for everyone on every agency. That they (not the "They" they, but just the plural they) are here (for whatever reason(s) ) doesn't speak of involvement, which i think is a question in point: whether there is active official involvement. But again, i don't pay attention nor care enough.

If your afraid THEY are watching you, turn off the computer

I am certainly not paranoid, nor do i really care, I'm just pointing out likely reasons if there was in fact an official monitoring of the site and how ATS admin would know for a fact if it was being monitored.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

Yes this is a very good idea,and to add, anyone interested in trying to protect there ip address you might just want to check out the Tor Browser ,or just look up Tor network,and if you already are not familiar with it, this would be a good place to learn (ie:good starting point) and by doing a little research you might just find something better then Tor because there are better ways to protect your ip address but that a whole different topic and i don't want to turn from the OP topic, just thought i would try and splash a little tip out for any one needing a little extra something to make them feel secure ,so don't anyone think that this suggestion is personally thought to be the best solution i could think of ,it is just a starting point suggestion for any one who might want to learn more about secure web surfing the "deep web" using at least some form of protection.

And just to clarify now i put the tip out there ,i am not going to hold anyone's hand and walk them through learning about this ,i did it from just a little tip from a friend and any well rounded surfer could learn about it quite quickly.

Anyhow hope this helps out there.('
')
edit on 6-4-2012 by Ghostcooler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I like to put a pun or ten into posts and I am not working for the government. I don't like some of the actions of the government but overall they aren't that bad. They are misguided and they should examine practices that have been incorporated years ago for the consequences that they caused. I have seen the government is reexamining many practices that are making us sick. Most of these practices are in doping up the people. I incorporate these doping foods into my diet to keep me happy and stress free naturally. Their action of using these chemicals to control people caused the mellow people to be overdosed just to control a couple thousand radical individuals. They have to ban the use of some of these practices or they will have civil unrest on their hands. The numbers of individuals immune to this chemistry is increasing, overshadowing the mellow people. All the government has to do is ask their own scientists about these things, the ones that know the truth about foods, the older ones. Not ones who have been taught that this deception is normal. This country can be fixed, it will just take some work. Even the Elite have been poisoned and they don't even know it. Medicine were not challenging this because they are benefiting by it's use and were blinded by their need to build the need for medicine. Trouble is medicine can no longer fix the problems. What has been created far exceeds their comprehension. The doctors knowledge includes using the same chemicals to treat things and causes overdoses to increase. The Fluorides is the worst and our government has finally become aware of overdosing in society. We need to relearn how to eat right to fix this problem. A lot of it has to do with recipes and timing of the eating of food. Once you understand the problem, half the work is done. Ask yourself, why did the colonials get so fired up when they raised the price of tea and formed a revolution. It wasn't the caffein, it was the omission of the natural form of pail and Prozac that was removed from their diet. Organic fluoride. Put a little vanilla into your coffee with some sugar and that's almost like a Zoloft latte. It's actually fun being a little doped up, maybe the people running this country should have a clear mind though.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
reply to post by Jameela

It's not so easy to do really. I don't know of the specific event you speak of but on controversial topics there might be conflicting reports. For instance you can easily find an article or reference stating Roswell was a hoax/weather balloon/secret military device etc. but you can also find other articles/references stating that it was a UFO crash site. Same goes for 9/11, Iran nuclear weapons, Iraq WMDs. This is an information war and the first casualty is truth (cliché but true). A critical mind along with an intuitive touch is needed to filter and even then you aren't fool proof.

Skepticism is a great tool but some pride themselves on being debunkers like it's a profession which biases their choices on what to believe is true or not. If I go with the intention of disproving something then the first article that I find that confirms that (even if there are 5 others articles countering it) is the one I choose to focus on as truth. But this can also go both ways, because if I want to believe in green elves in siberia any article stating their existence is the one I focus on. Open minded but not gulliable is a balance most should strive for.
edit on 6-4-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

I am not speaking of differing opinions regarding scientific matters, I am speaking of someone using an article originally in a different language and trying to convince people of something that was never said, in any manner... people do this because they know the audience to which they speak cannot verify what was said or not said, and thus deceive many with outright lies.

When people say this is the original language, and this is what was said in actuality, this is exposing a lie, when professors do this, it gives the real translation credibility, as their professional reputation is on the line.

It was such a refutation of a not only a gross misrepresentation of who said something, and a gross misinterpretation of what was said, but also an out and out lie to ice the cake that I spoke of.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is these things that do not depend upon simply a differing opinion, but based on fact alone. Many things are not subject to interpretation, but fact. And many, do not wish to delve into finding out whether or not what they heard was true, or a lie.

edit on 6-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

You can find evidence to back up your knowledge or you can investigate what others are looking at and compare them. Look at the opposite of what you are thinking and from there you may see the proof they share in common.
Take that combined evidence plus the negative aspects of both and ponder on it. It will give you ideas and chase the ideas using the resources of the net. This will give you insight into the whole truth. People have been living in their boxes so long that they painted the doors shut many times and can't find it anymore. Get a Milwaukee Sawsall "made in America" and cut one wall out of the box and get the hell out of that box and investigate things on your own. It's fun
It's fun being on the edge of insanity just outside the genius range

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

If that was the case then I totally agree with you. Complete/verifiable disinformation and distortion should be judged harshly.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
In all honesty I don't think the ptb and government have much to worry about when the best alernative site is ranked outside the top 1500 in america and something like 3000 worldwide. I mean no disrespect to the owners because I love this site, but looking at things from a realistic perspective means alternative doesn't cut the mustard yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join