It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret infiltrated by government?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by juleol
I have no idea if ATS has been infiltrated, but there is definitely quite a few old members that has been banned for really shady reasons that make no sense.

That's a rather bold statement since we never (with a handful of exceptions) reveal why members were banned.

There are plenty of stories elsewhere on the internet though from ex ATS members. I wont share this here though as i have a feeling that would be against the rules.
Of course these people could be lying through their teeth, but how can i be sure of that?
All I know is that there are quite a few ex members who claim they were banned for reasons that seems odd to me.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
You know, my first thought when I found this site was... Damn, this is a little amazing, well funded and sophisticated to be made up by nothing but conspiracy theorists.

ATS makes money from ads. Conspiracy theorists like to talk about conspiracies, and ATS makes money from that. That's really all there is to it.

ATS has never actually DONE anything other than talk. Why would the PTB be interested in ATS? If there's some secret info that's going to be released, then there's a thousand ways to get it out there.

I'm a debunker, I mostly hover over the chemtrail forum, but I'm just doing it because it's an interesting hobby, not because anyone pays me. I imagine it's the same with the guys in the 9/11 forum. Some people find spreading conspiracies interesting, and some people find debunking interesting. The only people materially affected by any of this are the ATS site owners who get revenue from the page views you and I generate.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I've never clicked on an ad here. Does that mean that someone else pays for my posts to be here?

Welfare state website!

Rabble! rabble! rabble....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I feel that in 2012 and the way the United States pays so much attention to every detail going over board in some area's such as TSA that sure they keep check's on things, but ultimately it comes down to ones own self to connect the dots in what ever way that any information can be discerned from any topic, in another words a good dose of discernement should be used in such maters.
edit on 5-4-2012 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have noticed that the comments of everyone here have an influence on others weather they realize it or not. I also noticed that everyone has been influenced by others here. Sometimes the debate makes people more strong in their beliefs and other times it increases awareness in people. I think it's odd that some people can evolve while some can not. The basis of our personalities has already been formed. Distinguishing truth from fallacy is a wise mans trait. Deciphering the truth from Fallacy is another wise mans trait. All Fallacy has some truth in it somewhere.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by juleol
I have no idea if ATS has been infiltrated, but there is definitely quite a few old members that has been banned for really shady reasons that make no sense.

That's a rather bold statement since we never (with a handful of exceptions) reveal why members were banned.

that's exactly the point. members who were in good standing, had a large 'following' and made large (in terms of quality, not just quantity) contributions, who are now gone. that in itself is shady, not the fact that the reasons for their being banned is undisclosed.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think it would be silly to think that some branch of the government or CIA doesn't have a few people assigned to this site to at very least monitor discussion.. Why? well you had the ATS member who shot Gabrielle Giffords in the head.. This is no insult to any members of this board, as I'm a member myself! .. but quite often.. people who are not quite right in the head or who have dangerously radical ideas are members to sites like this that deal with conspiracy.. It would be silly to not have agents here gathering information and looking at post patterns for troubled people that might try to cause some act of violence.

Plus - let's be honest, they probably check to make sure something important doesn't leak..

But do they actively post disinformation? .. I seriously doubt that.. boards like these have been around for years and they are often, not always, filled with speculation or conspiracies that someone cooked up in their own head.. The internet is full enough as is with radical, far out theories with no substance that a disinformationist's job would already be done.. there's simply no need for them to do it..

We've all seen the posts from the guy claiming to have top secret information that ends up being nothing, or just some regurgitated old conspiracy with a twist.. Or how about the posters claiming to be angels from heaven or aliens on a secret mission..? don't forget the posters from the future..

With all the far out conspiracy noise.. there's just no need for an agent to post disinformation here.. but don't at all be surprised if an agent is monitoring this thread ..

Edit:

Besides, if someone posted a real fact that they some how managed, that was super top secret.. this site would be down for maintenance and the post ( and poster ) would be gone when it came back up.
edit on 4/5/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

well you had the ATS member who shot Gabrielle Giffords in the head..

Do you realize how many conspiracy theory websites/forums/blogs are out there? Jared could have been a member of several sites. Does this mean they would monitor all the possible sites that he was possibly a member of? Including social networking there are heck of lot more than just FB out in the world. I would assume atleast the heavily used ones are without a doubt being monitored such as FB or TWITTER etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If people are worried about the government monitoring this site I have a solution. I will call upon all the Yoopers to converge on this site for a single day and the combined Yooper Logic will cause the government computers to overload and shut down. This computer malfunction will destroy the governments abilities to monitor people. After that Yooper logic will be deemed as an act of terrorism by the government and pasties will be considered a weapon of mass destruction.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
he specifically mentions ATS? And this is a nonfiction book?

Interesting that he can make these assumptions without ever even asking us any questions.

I guess it would be like me saying I believe his book is actually a government issued disinformation plot to detract the wise members of ATS from the truth found here.

I'm not actually saying that but it's about as reliable as his comments about ATS.

Would ATS admin know for a fact if the website was being actively monitored by the government?

Does ATS admin know the identity of its members, if there WERE government monitors and disinformation posters?

Not that ATS would disclose if there were or if it were acting in collusion, anyway.

I think that unlikely, unless IPS could be traced directly an agency.

It seems the author of the book simply "believes" this, just as many members also "believe," which is not making any claims against ATS itself unless it asserts that ATS is acting in collusion, which, according to the OP, those claims are not made.

Of course, people believe a LOT of silly things.

That said, i have no doubt it is monitored, to an extent, or that there are "agents" who carouse the boards, especially since A) people like Jared Loughner who were here, and B) they monitor TWITTER.

What the the perceived anti-government "terrorist" threat, you bet they look at this site.

As far as posting disinformation. Possible. More than likely they just stir up stuff if they are active participants, to create discord and tension, the boiling point which seems to be nearing on this site and in society in general.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

If anyone had any doubts of Gov Monitoring ATS, look no further than the 911 Forum.

There are 3 members who have never posted outside the 911 Forum,and will address any issue of 911 within minutes.

If a thread is made discussing the "elephant" in the room, between themselves within a few postings, the thread will be no longer about the "elephant", but the colour of the carpet, amazing really, and effective.

what's the elephant in the room at this 9-11 forum?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
They still havent fixed the redirect.

www.itanimulli.com Illuminati backwards still goes to the NSA. If NSA was a truly professional group they would have fixed it long ago.

Hell I even got my own gang stalking subcontractor spooks working a gig on me. Wifi names like Kavin and ArrogantBastard, regular helo flyovers, computer hacks, strange vehicles with funny license plates.
I love to be spookified. Makes me stronger.

Cast some wiccan and satanic spells my way...I get stronger even quicker.
edit on 5-4-2012 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I personally do not care whether they monitor us or not, which I am sure they often do. If you have something you wish to keep from unintended eyes then using public forums etc would be a stupid place to start. I find art to be the best way of speaking out and a lot harder to interpret for computer systems then a load of keywords and type.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by miniatus

well you had the ATS member who shot Gabrielle Giffords in the head..

Do you realize how many conspiracy theory websites/forums/blogs are out there? Jared could have been a member of several sites. Does this mean they would monitor all the possible sites that he was possibly a member of? Including social networking there are heck of lot more than just FB out in the world. I would assume atleast the heavily used ones are without a doubt being monitored such as FB or TWITTER etc.

ATS is one of the largest of them all.. I doubt they are monitoring every single site there is, but it could very well be possible to have software scrape every post/reply and search for key phrases.. so even those smaller sites could be actively monitored without having a warm body doing the job.

I was using him as a lone example by the way .. I am a programmer, I work with web technology.. I could devise a way to scrape the site for interesting key words and I'm just a lone coder.. I've used web scraping before for my work..

But for a site like ATS which is one of the biggest fish in the sea for conspiracy stuff.. I just wouldn't be surprised if they have a few people actively monitoring.. ATS isn't a small board by any stretch.. it's such that google indexes it almost constantly, a brand new post will show up in google really fast.. many sites only get indexed once a day.. some once a week..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

www.itanimulli.com Illuminati backwards still goes to the NSA. If NSA was a truly professional group they would have fixed it long ago.

Hell I even got my own gang stalking subcontractor spooks working a gig on me. Wifi names like Kavin and ArrogantBastard, regular helo flyovers, computer hacks, strange vehicles with funny license plates.

That's assuming the NSA owns that domain name .. or even cares about it's existence ..

It was registered by a John Fenley in Provo Utah .. he's been contacted before, he's just a guy who thinks the NSA is the illuminati .. so I seriously think the NSA probably doesn't give a crap about some dude registering a site and redirecting it to their site..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If the government is monitoring this site, be happy with the fact that they have to sift through all the moronic chaff to get to the good stuff, just like the rest of us. Somewhere there is a government analyst saying to themselves "This job SUCKS".

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

And if I wanted i could point my domain to NSA as well.. This proves nothing..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by HODOSKE

I am truly not surprised. There is a US desinformation agent around here (but he seems quite nice) and recently, in 2010, an Illuminati member (Hidden Hand) started hammer in their dogma. I even think this site was created by the Government to see what we know and what we dont.

The internet itself was created by the government, for use by the government. They pretend like opening the door to the public was accidental, coincidental, or purely inevitable.

Of course they monitor the internet, and not just conspiracy sites. EVERY THING.

I remember decades ago when we had black and green screens, and people were being arrested for content they had involving bomb making, booby traps, shenanigans etc...I'm pretty sure every word you type, every word you say, every move you make is monitored, filtered, and flagged if deemed suspicious.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

When you say goverment looking and investigating this website.
It sounds plausable.
Now I can not help this whole lying thing about UFO's and other things relate to the type of job the person in this topic done. I believe the thread has been removed so therefore I cant show it. It is the one about the guy who worked to persuade others to believe and so on.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

This site has totally been infiltrated by disinfo spreaders and agents, same as any other popular alternative news website. I have switched my view from conspiracy to alternative a long time ago.... Everything in our lives is a conspiracy, but what the members bring to this site is definately alternative!
As someone mentioned, this site was probably set up to see what the public knows and can find out, how ironic would that be, a conspiracy to run a conspiracy web site, lol...
I for one love the members on this site, especially the ones that provoke thought!
Keep it up guys and don't let the disinfo muppets stop the train!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join