It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic 'Agent Orange' Sprayed In B.C.: Documents

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You have to wonder what kind of effect its had on the Vietnamese people after all these years. Years after wars end, the young and innocent will pay for our government's sins.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

They sprayed for nine years.

Short Documentary on the affects, not for the faint of heart.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
And Canadians thought they were safe, LOL

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is similar to how the gases from fracking are ruining the lives of Americans. Such a shame that money > life.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The people that are responsible for making and spraying this crap on people should have to bathe in it,for punishment

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Like usual us Aussies were also the lab rats, American, British and Aussie scientists tested this stuff for years on Inisfail and other places in north Queensland because we had climate and bush similar to Vietnam.
We only found out about it in 2008.
There are still places here where nothing grows and it should be jungle and I wonder why so many kids around these areas have leukemia and other cancers.
There was a project carried out here by Americans call operation desert which has conveniently been removed from records, and involved US testing Agent Orange on us.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Yes its true....all be it history now. Thanks to the master minds running the world in the 60's they thought Agent Orange was so good for humans. This explains allot about my mom who grew up i the Okanagan in the 50's-60's......she has the autoimmune disease of M.S. and a totally shot nervous system. It was/is an orchard valley sprayed heavily every spring/summer.

Her father died of MS in the 50's....Now two of her brothers with M.S......and one one with cancer and another with heart problems just like my Grama died from.......

where does this leave me as a 41 years old son.....grand son....

no worries Fukishima is upon us....

but thanks for the MSN vid keeping things real.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorkingClassMan
American, British and Aussie scientists tested this stuff for years on Inisfail and other places in north Queensland because we had climate and bush similar to Vietnam.
We only found out about it in 2008.

Ah mate, thank you for your contribution. I found that information!
Again, yes ...disgusting that they did this!

THE Australian Army tested chemical weapons on a town which now has deaths from cancer 10 times the state average.

Military scientists sprayed the toxic defoliant Agent Orange in the jungle that is part of the water catchment area for Innisfail in Queensland's far north at the start of the Vietnam War.

The Sun-Herald last week found the site where military scientists tested Agent Orange in 1966. It is on a ridge little more 100 metres above the Johnstone River, which supplies the drinking water for Innisfail

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Over one billion grams of Agent Orange, Agent Purple and Agent White were sprayed on CFB Gagetown and surrounding communities from 1956 to 1984 consisting of 3.3 million litres and kilograms of Dioxin, Picloram, 2,4-D + 2,4,5-T, and Hexachlorobenzene

Link to the Agent Orange Association of Canada

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy
reply to post by burntheships

There is one huge difference between the Agent Orange sprayed in Southeast Asia and the stuff used in Canada. The stuff used in Asia was contaminated with 2,3,7,8 tetrachlorodibenzodioxin, perhaps the most toxic chemical ever created. There is no report, or other indication, that the stuff used in Canada contained any of this dioxin.

You may right, I don't know much about it, except that it caused horrific birth defects in Asia. I have a lady friend also who claims to have been severely damaged, and now disabled, by agent orange use when she was employed by the Canadian government. Good thing it wasn't the bad stuff, I guess.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Piano,

Yeah, I call it "scroomed".

And yes, we are. Hopefully though we are raising awareness.
I read today there is a huge global movement against Monsanto.

Oppostion To Monsanto Growing Worldwide

That's good to hear

We need to take the power away from the globalist corporations by going local.

Local foods, local banks.

Hit em where it hurts... their wallets. In so doing we will be keeping more money in our community, and ultimately our own wallets.

There are a lot more of us, if we all woke up and started taking back our local economies we could change the world for the better. The globalist "one world economy" ultimately gives more money, thus more power to the globalists, and they do NOT have our interests in mind.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

This is old news, unfortunately agent orange was used not only in BC as the post indicated but across Canada. Another example was that it was used within the forestry industry in northern Ontario during the same time frame. Now they use another herbicide in a similar manner (chemical name eludes me at the moment) but there's controversy with the practice still. Marketplace mentions a bit about the issues in their documentary about misleading environmentally friendly labeling on toilet paper/paper towels. Our Government is no different than any other government when it comes to cover ups

The Toronto Star, Article on Agent Orange from Feb. 2011 -www.thestar.com...

Thespec, Article on Agent Orange from Feb. 2011 - www.thespec.com...

"Marketplace - The Toilet Paper Chase" episode link (mention of current herbicide/forestry management practices - www.cbc.ca...
edit on 5-4-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: Add links

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy

There is one huge difference between the Agent Orange sprayed in Southeast Asia and the stuff used in Canada. The stuff used in Asia was contaminated with 2,3,7,8 tetrachlorodibenzodioxin, perhaps the most toxic chemical ever created. There is no report, or other indication, that the stuff used in Canada contained any of this dioxin.

Government shill much? lol jk, but wouldnt doubt it.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

By no means am I a scientist but the source from my previous post has a quote from someone who is and they said the following in the article about dioxin;

"“There was no categorical brand called Agent Orange,” said Dwernychuk, who for more than 15 years conducted extensive research on the impact of toxic defoliants in Vietnam. “There was nothing coming out of any of the chemical companies in a barrel that had Agent Orange written on it. That’s laughable.

“If it’s got 2,4,5-T and 2,4-D as a mixture, it’s Agent Orange and it has dioxin — I guarantee it,” said Dwernychuk, who recently retired as chief scientist from Vancouver-based Hatfield Consultants. "

Source - www.thestar.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dl2oneThe2nd
reply to post by F4guy

So how much stock do you have in DOW? J/k. I am no chemist, but one molecule here and there does not change the fact there are real people with real symptoms in affected areas
edit on 4-4-2012 by dl2oneThe2nd because: (no reason given)

No stock in Dow, but I AM a chemist and toxicologist. And when those molecules (not just one, BTW) are dioxins, it makes a hell of a difference. And both Dow and Monsanto made the contaminated stuff in the 60s-70s.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Wow, how depressing. These innocent babies were not even around during this war and they're now paying a heavy price. Our government created a toxic environment years after this war came to an end.

Wars have no winners but heartache. Such an uncivilized and primitive way in settling our differences, yet we continue to use it to solve our disputes.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

Yes, one molecule HERE or THERE makes a big difference in the symptoms presented by many people in the areas talked about. sheesh man, you win, you are a chemist, dont know what you won, but lets leave it at that.

edit on 5-4-2012 by dl2oneThe2nd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This makes me feel gross on the inside. Seriously.

I live in Vancouver and my whole family has lived here all my life...luckily my siblings and I were spared from any birth defects.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

That's something that people never seem to realise - Agent Orange is, of itself, not a nice substance, but it is not particularly poisonous to humans - it was the contaminant dioxin that did "all the damage".

Of the 2 constituents, 2, 4, 5-T is no longer in use, mainly because if it is improperly manufactured then it pretty much automatically is contaminated.

2, 4-D is still in widespread use, but has a dioxin problem of its own that is apparently not monitored much - 2,7-dichlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (DCDD)

Just when I thought you couldn't be more dense, you prove me wrong.

Many pesticides are linked to birth defects. Please get a clue. Even if these chemicals don't cause death in most instances, the suffering and ill health in the babies that are born to those exposed to these toxins is heartbreaking and unnecessary. Monsanto and the Military Industrial Complex have blood on their hands.

Not only this, but there were pesticides being planned for use on the Mexican-American border to kill the foliage that illegals use to conceal themselves. There was such outrage about this that the operation has been halted.
www.panna.org...

The U.S. Border Patrol has announced a 30-day delay in its plans to use the herbicide imazapyr to eradicate Carrizo cane growing along a 1.1-mile stretch of the Mexican border. Because the invasive plant can grow up to 30 feet, it provides cover for illegal border crossings. The plan to use aerial spraying sparked outrage on both sides of the border from residents and politicians concerned about health risks to citizens of Laredo, Texas and the Mexican town of Nuevo Laredo.

Pesticides are also used heavily on produce in Mexico.
www.sdearthtimes.com...

On a single scorched block in Villa Juarez, Sinaloa, Mexico, four young men have leukemia. Another died of the disease last spring.
The cluster of sickness may have nothing to do with the tons of toxic pesticides that flow into every water source available to the residents of this small farm town; it may be unrelated to the four nearby airstrips where farmers load planes with pesticides to spray over the surrounding fields; it may not be linked to the work that brings young men home soaked to the skin with the chemicals they apply to crops.
But while there has been no comprehensive study of the tragedy, you can search far and wide and not find a single doctor who thinks it is anything but the pesticides that are making the young men of this flat, hot valley sick.
"There is no one who works in this clinic who doesn't believe the leukemia is related to the agrochemicals," says Dr. Sonia Leon, an emergency room physician at the government hospital in Villa Juarez. During the growing season, the clinic treats between 50 and 80 cases of pesticide poisoning a week. "When I go home every night, I run away from here as fast as I can," Leon says. "But what of the people who live here? They look up, and the chemicals drift down from the planes into their eyes. They walk to the fields, and they are dusted with chemicals from the leaves. They are surrounded; they have nowhere to run."

The death of Adrian Allesquita Soto, who worked in the fields on weekends during the school year, is well known to the doctors of Villa Juarez, and so is the intolerable level of pesticide-laced filth that pervades the town. In a September 1993 analysis by a local human rights group of 100 water samples from the drainage canals that meet in Villa Juarez, 95 percent tested positive for 10 organophosphate compounds and 3 organochlorines. Of the 13 compounds, only 4 are permitted for use in Mexico today.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

And people still "trust" their governments.

I don't think they trust their governments but they sure as hell fear them!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join