It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's friends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I'm seeking a tidbit of wisdom which is escaping me here. Lets say you have a rightwing guy, he loves war, genocide, is sexist, racist, and has a meanspirited sense of humor. Is as introspective as a rock. Loves drooling over cheesecake ladies, and is married. Loooooooooves the word "stupid". He calls pro Ron Paul people stupid, calls single leftleaning women stupid, and told me one time, that I was stupid for not being savvy when dealing with Federal Agents who were questioning me when I was very young.
Leftwing guy: is none of those things, but is ultra far left. I tell Lefty what a fascist I think right(wrong) is, and he jumps down my throat for being disrespectfull.
There was this one guy who used to incessently call me and not say anything (this was a very long time ago with landline phones) and when I'd mention it to a man (a boyfriend) and an acquaintence (man) they were skeptical of me, but not the man caller. (Aqcuaintence of theirs.
I've witnessed lots of these (example) accounts.

Is it common for you guys to be circle-the-wagons like this? Why? Ladies input -welcome- too, if u want.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
"Bro's before Ho's". Does that answer your question?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Need to get outside of your circle of friends.
Time to meet some new people!!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

No.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well, I can't speak for all guys, only for myself --- but all the knuckle-dragging acquaintances I've had in the past, are now long gone thanks to my process of elimination in the people-I-keep-company-with department.

Have you ever heard the old proverb Water seeks its own level? When I started realizing that I didn't like hanging out with the douche bag's I was hanging out with, my whole outlook on people began to change and the quality of people I started associating with began to skyrocket.

I don't think my reply was any help to this thread --- it was rather impulsive of me to just let Pavlov's Dog type away!

Hope someone else can chime in and offer you some words of wisdom!

~philth

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
My experience is that it's common for men to basically brush off what a woman says. I've witnessed men brushing off several women telling him something. The second a man tells him the same thing, he immediately takes it seriously.

Men seem to think that a woman generally having more exaggerated emotions than him also means that she sees a few drunken college kids and starts screaming about a zombie horde.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by the_philth

Thank you for that. Oh those types I described are NOT my friends. I wouldn't wish them on the TSA.
But at one time they were friendly acquainences, initialy, but then you see their manifestations which hit you in a bad way, and this takes longer for those of us with rock bottom self esteem (which was my case in the -past-.)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Thats interesting. Makes sense.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
And you are claiming women don't do this sort of thing too?

I'm willing to wager a substantial sum that women "circle the wagons" far more completely in just about every imaginable situation than men, 99% of the time, anyway....

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

A long while back, I was volunteering at a place where other single gals about my age, would show up, and everyone was smitten by the tall attractive phd -man- presiding over this place. A few times, I nearly got my eyes clawed out. The psychsocial situation with womenfolk is a whole nother world, I think.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

No.

its simple those words mean exactly what they portray in the English Slanguage

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

There is a wonderfully informative book you might be interested in reading. It is called: You Just Don't Understand, Conversations between men and women.

Now it has a pop sounding title, but it is well researched with great examples. It expands on what you are saying here.

This book will completely open your eyes and you will see interactions with new glasses.

Men and women are conditioned to be this way. Men are encouraged to be outgoing, women are encouraged to stay at home.

Watch a family at a dinner table, the men will do the majority of the talking, will talk over the women. A boy will be asked a question and allowed the center of attention, a girl will not.

Women don't talk more then men, women talk at home and men talk in public, and society forces it this way. 99% of the time people are not even concious that you are doing.

That is why it is usually a man to ask questions first in a crowd, tend to be first to call into radio stations.

Because men communicate for status, women communicate through intimacy.

That is why women are considered more "emotional" women gain status and friends by sharing intimate details, men are always trying to out status the other males.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I'd be curious of your take on this. Years back, I was in the Air Force, and underwent an experience which is ufo -related- . In the 'civillian' ufo community, I could (would)(a) been called a "whistleblower" of the 'ufo gov cover up'. The experience was something totally out of an X Files plot, and I obtained reams of FOIA documentation on it afterwards. Out into the civillian world, I mostly recieved Ufologist reactions of discouragement. While this was going on, a ufo journal highly highly touted a female abductee, who wore heavy makeup and nails, something I did not do. But I was no "fugly", too.
I had this friend (in Ufology and highly respected, but he was a known skeptic) who actually, found my experience very intriquing. He told me he would ask different personages, what the deal is, with me, and then he would get back to me, with what he learned. He got back to me, and told me that there seemed to be a consensus that I was "Looking for a boyfriend" (versus looking to Disclose) which justified their discouragements to me.
I wonder in men subconsciously hold the "whistleblower" of military ufo cases, to be a man, and not only that, but preferably a white educated male. I know that some more insensitive forum'ers here would say, "Maybe it's you, it's something about you" Okay fine, but one night, a long time ago on CoastToCoast, I listened to this female Captain being interviewed. She worked in NORAD, and Disclosed some really amazing ufo things. I think (but I'd have to research on that) she even wrote a book. I never heard of her again, and CERTAINLY never in Ufology.
Like secretaries, maids, librarians, housewives, are women's ufo roles as abductees? (Generally.)

Lastly, this post is not about ufos, but about the basic communication of this particular thread, and men and women.

new topics

top topics

join