It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some good workout music...any suggestions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I just got an 8gb MP3 player to take to the gym. I already have some good up tempo songs, but I would like to expand the library. Any suggestions for some good workout music?

If you can post a youtube of the song. Thanks.

Heres a few that I already have, to kinda give you a sense of the songs I'm into.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Any Jock Jams and Club Mix 95 are my favorites, lol. Also you can't go wrong with some MC Hammer...2 Legit, 2 Legit 2 Quit.

Don't deny it either...you just did the 2 Legit hand signals.

edit on 4-4-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Lost Prophets- The entirety of the Rooftops album

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Any Ministry album should do fine! If you like Nine Inch Nails you should like them too!
Might push you to a heart attack though!!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
anything from the rocky soundtrack

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Do not use music. I have learned that the goal of the workout is to increase neuromuscular efficiency. Music has the ability to sidetrack your mind and put you into an emotional made up scenario that pumps you up. This is good to perform a single set of difficult reps, but think about it. You are not as focused as you can be.

Ultimate focus comes with no stimuli, it is generated from within. It is when you are at the point of not needing any extra motivation, music, workout drinks.. etc. that you have reached a mental state where exercise can become extremely beneficial.

EDIT: You WANT music because you cannot focus. There is no other reason to add unnecessary things into a workout because you are born with everything you need to fine tune your body to its maximum.
edit on 4-4-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I've been running to this lately:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here is a sample of my workout playlist. I run. Loser by Beck is my favorite for running.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
Do not use music. I have learned that the goal of the workout is to increase neuromuscular efficiency. Music has the ability to sidetrack your mind and put you into an emotional made up scenario that pumps you up. This is good to perform a single set of difficult reps, but think about it. You are not as focused as you can be.

Ultimate focus comes with no stimuli, it is generated from within. It is when you are at the point of not needing any extra motivation, music, workout drinks.. etc. that you have reached a mental state where exercise can become extremely beneficial.

EDIT: You WANT music because you cannot focus. There is no other reason to add unnecessary things into a workout because you are born with everything you need to fine tune your body to its maximum.
edit on 4-4-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

Might as well be debating religion or politics here.

Working out is extremely beneficial to ones mental and physical well being with or without music. I fully enjoy the increased metabolism and energy along with the flood of endorphins that give me a "runners high". The mental focus, calm energy, and acuity that comes in the hours after the workout are a nice bonus as well. I run daily for at least 30, usually about 5k, before work. Without my morning run I am a different person.
edit on 4-4-2012 by algaedyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
trance/progressive/house, all that.

DJ'd club stuff is my thing anyway so working out to it is just as good as driving to it, etc.

The fact that there are many free long mixes makes the time pass by quickly, too.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
May I suggest DJs From Mars, their music is a staple of my workout routine. It is electronic music and it will pump you up to get through a tough workout.

Go download a few of their recent sets: www.soundcloud.com/djsfrommars

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Suddenly and surprisingly I have recently gotten into classical dubstep. No words in the songs. I can't read or watch anything if I'm listening to music with words oddly enough. When I listen to it though, I feel like working out....although I never do

Here are some I really like

I also really like
Korn - Narcissistic Cannibal
Fun - We are Young
Gotye - Eyes Wide Open

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
1. "It's Not Over" — Chris Daughtry
2. "This is Why I'm Hot" — Mims
3. "Beautiful Liar" - Beyonce and Shakira
4. "Dance, Dance" — Fall Out Boy
5. "Suddenly I See" — KT Tunstall