It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracles, have you ever experienced one?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
I experienced many but here are two of the more recent:

On October 19th last year a bird, i think a sparrow, appeared from nowhere and was flying through my living room. I opened the patio door and let it fly out.

The next day Moammar Kaddafi was dead.

On December 17th last year a fat housefly came into my house just as I was walking through the front door. I chased it around the house for a minute and ended up smooshing it on the patio window with the wifey's houseshoe.

The next day Kim Jong Il was dead.

Now I sit around waiting for the next insect or bird to come into my house so when I either smoosh it or let it out...that I can see which world leader will cease to exist.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Sorry didn't mean to press reply. I'd just call them Coincidences man, hardly miracles. But I don't think I believe in them at all, there always seems to be a more logical explanation

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regal445
Sorry didn't mean to press reply. I'd just call them Coincidences man, hardly miracles. But I don't think I believe in them at all, there always seems to be a more logical explanation

Please provide me with the "more logical explanation" of how I heard a voice telling me to get off the road as far as I could upon approaching a sharp, blind curve, and if I hadn't heeded the advice, I would have been hit head-on by a big logging truck coming around the curve on my side of the road. I would love to hear your logical reasoning for this. And, also, how my friend's car seemed to "jump through space and time" to avoid being struck by a semi truck. I watched this happen with my own eyes!
I know about quantum jumping, but there has to be some "force from beyond" that decides when, and if, this will happen. This goes under my file for miracles.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Miracle:

1. An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God: "Miracles are spontaneous, they cannot be summoned, but come of themselves" (Katherine Anne Porter).

2. One that excites admiring awe. See Synonyms at wonder.

3. A miracle play.

When I was younger I sometimes lamented that I had never experienced any miracle, but I was just a kid...an Irish-American Catholic boy...an alter boy who saw miracles as defined above, as in inexplicable events that defied the laws of nature and held to be supernatural in origin. Miracles such as Christ walking on water, or raising the dead, or even the mundane miracle of changing water to wine, were the type of events not prevalent in my province. That was then and this is now.

For as long as I can remember, God has talked to me. So certain of this was and I and am now, that even as a child my family was sure I would grow up to be a priest. Of course, I knew better as I always knew I wanted to be an artist, and beyond that I have always held strong suspicions of the priest class sect, which of course, includes priests. Shamans and mystics strike me as hucksters and con-men preying upon the fear and dread of their laity, but this is not to say I do not recognize the mystical. Hell, I love that word mystical, and even mystic, so I will alternately use the word as pejorative when it suits me, and in praise of the glorious wonder that surrounds us when I am so inspired to do so. When, as a child, I told people that God spoke to me, this generated such an uncomfortable sense of ill at ease in other people that I learned to keep this thought to myself. That was then and this now.

Now, when I tell people that God talks to me, there is usually that same sense of ill at ease, and many will attempt seek clarification and as I offer up this clarification, many will say: "Oh! You mean your inner voice." If this makes people feel more comfortable with my communication (God's communication) I am fine with this and God has told me he is also fine with being referred to as an "inner voice". God does talk to me. He comforts me, he teases me, he laughs with me, he is strangely and compassionately quiet during my times of stress and confusion, and he will - upon occasion - lecture me. Some will ask me what makes me so certain it is not the devil talking to me. My certainty in that is that he talks to me too, and I have long been able to discern who is who. Some would say the devil is also my "inner voice", and some would even suggest I am bat crap crazy.

Crazy or not, what has happened as this little alter boy has aged is that I have come to recognize miracles on a daily basis. Not the walking on water, or raising the dead sort of miracles, and some my insist that what I see as a miracle is not because it is "natural" and not "supernatural". Supernatural or not, I live in a mystical world where the smile from a pretty woman will come at that precise moment where I am ready to succumb to my own despair. Where the unsolicited attention of some one's child and their giggle will remind me how precious this life truly is. Where the genuine concern of a relative stranger will remind me of the immense compassion humanity is capable of. Where even in the rain, the cold pouring rain, the relentless windy and thundering rain, beauty always asserts its supremacy over ugly.

While I live in Los Angeles, a sprawling metropolis surrounded by a thousand suburbs, I am fortunate to live in an area where wild life flourishes. I am not sure why, or even how it happened, but my neighbors have come to teasingly and endearingly call me "Dances With Wolves". I do not dance with wolves, and they are not so prevalent in Los Angeles, but coyotes are. The tenuous relationship between Los Angelenos and coyotes has left much of their pack skittish when it comes to humanity, but for some reason the coyotes who frequent my neighborhood have come to befriend me. They have ventured so close to me while I am outside in my front lawn minding my own business reading or writing, that they appear to my neighbors as if they are my pets. So close, so recognizably comfortable with me, that one in particular has taken to laying down on the concrete steps, so close to me that I can understand why people think they're my pets. This particular coyote never stays too long, only few moments, but the ease of which he shows around me is humbling.

Not just the coyotes, there is a skunk, a raccoon, an opossum, and two deer (a buck and his mate, a doe) who frequent my yard, and two noisy owls. One day, remarkably, they had all suddenly appeared on, or near my yard, which was astounding given the predatory nature of coyotes. My neighbor witnessing this, reminded me of my return after a two week absence. He believed they were checking in on me. Miracles.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

There is no such thing as coincidences. If you think there are: Prove it.

anyway...i figured out the pattern by which these events are occurring.

that's why I tell you that 4/20/2012 and 5/20/2012 will be eventful days...geopolitically speaking.

all miracles.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

There is no such thing as coincidences. If you think there are: Prove it.

anyway...i figured out the pattern by which these events are occurring.

that's why I tell you that 4/20/2012 and 5/20/2012 will be eventful days...geopolitically speaking.

all miracles.

Ummm........... elaborate on these dates, please!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I driving home on a windy, cold winter night. I stopped for gas and the gas attendants were having fun turning the gas pumps on and off as I was pumping my gas and trying to keep my skirt down at the same time, it was so windy. A guy, hitchhiking on the side of the road, saw this going on and offered to pump my gas for me.

I thanked him, and he asked me for a ride to the airport, as his wife was in labor and he needed to get to the airport to make the last flight. I passed the airport on my way home, so, I told him sure, but as I looked at his face I saw a knife in his mind. I was young, naive and grateful to him for pumping my gas, so I said he had to put his backpack in my trunk.

As we were driving through a long stretch of unlit rural farm land, he had a number of excuses as to why I needed to pull over, because he needed his backpack. I stuck to my intuition and turned down his request over and over. Finally, he had his hands around my throat ordering me to pull over.

For some reason I never lost control or felt any kind of fear. I was kinda outside my body, still gripping the steering wheel with his hands around my throat, when I saw and angel standing in the middle of the road. He was about 18 feet tall, white and winged, and holding out his hand, as if to say stop.

I slammed on the brakes and at that moment, a car that had been on the side of the road with no lights on, pulled out in front of me to make a u-turn. My car was already screeching to a halt as my eyes and the other driver's met. We collided and the impact threw my assailant off of me.

When the dust settled he got out of my car and ran away. When the police came, I turned the backpack in my trunk over to them, never looking inside.

I'm not sure what exactly angels are, but I believe in them.
edit on 14-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Your story should make a believer out of any skeptic out there!
I'm so happy you came out of that situation okay, except for maybe some dented metal!

I have a thread about experiences with angels, if you would like to post your story on my thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4/14/2012 by sled735 because: Add link

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

i have this theory that what the world observes at any time that is described as the present corresponds to events that occurred exactly 2020 days ago and 153 days ago. i only discovered this repeating pattern last May.

approximately 5.53 years ago North Korea tested an atomic weapon, sound familiar?

Approximately 153 days ago...Saif al Islam was captured by the Libyans.

next week or thereabouts, the events reported in the news or not...will be related to events that already occurred 5.53 years ago and 153 days ago.

same goes for May and June and July, etc. etc.

the fun part is that all you have to do is sit back and watch...its quite incredible. I've not yet determined the reason for this repeating pattern. but am certain it exists.

for example, Fukushima occurs on 3/11/2011...exactly 2020 days after Katrina fell upon New Orleans.

but that is not the most important thing...but instead...what is the connection between New Orleans and Japan?

and that is the case every time the pattern reveals itself.

What is the connection between Kim Jong Il and the city of Mogadishu? Kim Jong Il died 2020 days after the ICU captured the city on 6/6/2006.

What is the connection between Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden? bin Laden was shot and killed exactly 2020 days after the beginning of Hussein's Trials began in 2005.

October 2006 was a very busy month in a geopolitical terms. on 10/15/2006 something called the Islamic State of Iraq was declared. So, on 4/26/2012 give or take...a similar event or its reflection perhaps, will occur; probably in Timbuktu, Mali. Whatever it is it'll be related also to the 24 Pakistani soldiers that were killed by NATO 153 days prior.

Its a fun game to witness and all it takes is observation of news events.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Reply to post by FortAnthem

I think I have once experienced a miracle, about 12 years ago. I don't want to give many details, but me and 2 friends went unscathed out of a car accident. It should've all gone wrong for us, because it was totally my fault for the wrong reasons. During the accident, I can swear I saw an image of a local religious protector, the Amatxu de Begoña. Something/someone spared us that night, and Im thankful. I don't like much humans view on religion, but I do believe in the immensity if creation and some architectural force.behind it. That night I felt it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Cool! Thanks for explaining. I'll keep an eye open.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I haven't experienced a miracle, but my dad has. Here is the story:

As a teenager we (my brother and I) would frequently ‘borrow’ my dad’s car during the night when my parents were asleep. He never knew about it, and we didn’t want him to find out about it either, because we would get into a world of trouble if he did.
One night my brother picked (I was not involved in this story) up a friend of his in my Dad’s car and they went to a party, had some fun and at around 2:30am decided it was time to go home.
Walking to the car, my bother's friend noticed a substantial bump on the passenger’s door of the car. My brother freaked out, because now my dad would figure out that we've been taking his car. This would be no small punishment. They brainstormed and they came up with an idea. A friend of ours’ dad had a panel beating shop. They went to his house, got him out of bed and begged him to help them with their problem. They went to his dad’s shop and fixed the car. After that they went home, put the car back in the garage, like nothing ever happened and they went to sleep.
The next morning, my Dad very animatedly approached my mom and said: “I don’t understand it. Something very strange happened last night. Yesterday after I came home from work a bicycle drove into the side of my car and left a big bump in the door. This morning the bump is gone. It’s a miracle!!”

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

but when it goes down, you'll just brush it aside.

that's what happened the other times.

the usual response is anger and confusion.

i'll await your anger and confusion.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
As I was taking the kids to their grandparents for the night, I realised that I needed to fill the car up. So I pulled into the next petrol station and noticed that I had some time to kill so purchased a ticket to put the car through the car wash.

There were a few problems with purchasing the car wash ticket. When I paid for the petrol, the new trainee teller did not add the car wash ticket to the purchase. I went back and purchased the car wash ticket. Took the car through the car wash and the darn thing broke down mid wash. I tooted the horn, a assistant came out and turned the machine off so that I could back the car out safely.

By that stage I was annoyed, we set off to the kids grandparents home. Along the way we came across a serous car accident. This involved a head on collision with a larger car than my own and travelling in the same direction as we were. If it was a smaller car the crash would have seriously injured or killed the driver. I found out whilst at the scene that the accident had occurred 15 minutes prior to our arrival. A quick calculation from the time on the petrol station receipt, indicated that if I had not purchased the car wash ticket - it would have been taken 15 minutes to have reached the crash site.

Coincidence or not - I feel grateful that my life was preserved.
edit on 15-4-2012 by DonaldD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Very cool that you are keeping up with the news dates and events. One week till the 26th. Miracles happen every day.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

reply to post by sled735

but when it goes down, you'll just brush it aside.

that's what happened the other times.

the usual response is anger and confusion.

i'll await your anger and confusion.

Okay, today is 4/20/12. I am keeping my eyes and ears open for what happens today. Any idea on what it may concern so I'll know where to focus my attention?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join