It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negativity. < Truth. > Positivity. Seek Truth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Each one of us is the truth.

Truth is what is. It can be observed with a clear and unbiased mind. That is, when the universe is experienced without expectations or desires, truth is experienced. Truth is experienced when you allow your experience to happen as it happens, without trying to control what you experience. Truth is what is, but your experience of it is variable. So there are varying degrees of truth that can be experienced. This is what I want to talk about.

Your quality of experience can increase exponentially as long as you can handle the truth. Some people actively seek love and happiness, but in doing so, they lose sight of the truth and their reality stagnates. This can lead to depression. Acceptance is the key to truth. Accept reality as it is. That includes the good and the bad. There will always be the good and the bad. Those who deny their negative experiences actually create fear for themselves that opposes the very love they are seeking. Those who accept the full range of their experience will also see the love and happiness because they happen naturally.

It is wise to accept the negative. You don't need to worry about accepting the positive because the positive is that which you already accepted. Accepting negativity is something that must be learned. But once you learn how to accept negativity, then you effectively allow yourself to experience your highest truth which is your highest self which is your highest quality of experience possible.

That is the point. Truth will show you glory beyond your imagination, but you have to learn how to accept the full range of your experience. Don't deny negativity, it only makes it worse. Keep an open and clear mind and just watch the world unfold around you without trying to direct your experience. Then, the love you were seeking will come. The negative will be seen but not feared. This is ascension to an awareness of a higher version of reality. Truth and acceptance are key.
edit on 4-4-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
When people refer to "vibration", they are referring to the "vibration" of truth. Truth can encompass a narrow range of emotions or a wide range. Its all about whatever you are willing to accept. But trust me, negativity isn't a bad thing. It is just part of the truth. You can't hide from the truth forever, nor should you want to. It is glorious and depending on what you are willing to see, your quality of life can soar to a cosmic level that you would probably call divine.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I am interested to see what revelations this thread can bring about.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed
I am interested to see what revelations this thread can bring about.

I am interested too. But I am more interested in seeing what revelations can be brought about by people putting my words into practice.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Each person has his or her own truths according to what he or she sees fit? This is a delusion. Not only a delusion, but a selfish, stubborn, and self-righteous way of viewing the world. It's coveting godhood and nothing more than wishful thinking theorizing. Truth being relative is not truth at all. There has to be an unchangeable, infinite, eternal, immeasurable, undefeatable, indestructible, and irrecoverable absolute that is the truth; that being God alone and none other.
edit on 4-4-2012 by netgamer7k because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by netgamer7k
Each person has his or her own truths according to what he or she sees fit? This is a delusion. Not only a delusion, but a selfish, stubborn, and self-righteous way of viewing the world. It's coveting godhood and nothing more than wishful thinking theorizing. Truth being relative is not truth at all. There has to be an unchangeable, infinite, eternal, immeasurable, undefeatable, indestructible, and irrecoverable absolute that is the truth; that being God alone and none other.

Each person can only observe the truth with an open mind and without expectations or desire for experience to take a certain direction. There is an absolute truth and then there is varying degrees of how you experience that. That's what I'm referring to. Each person is capable of seeing more truth than they currently are. While it may not be the complete truth, at least it is more than they currently see.

Truth is all those qualities that you described it as. That is why truth cannot be seen when one attempts to define what they see. Truth can only be seen when one is open enough to accept what presents itself to him/her without judging the experience. It seems like you refuse to believe that you can have a piece of the pie of truth. The truth is, you can have as big a piece as you can deal with.

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. But you can begin to open yourself up to it more and more.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My main message is that life includes positive and negative elements. Each is acceptable because each is unavoidable. So if you go about chasing positive experiences, you're really missing out on life. I welcome all without judgement and the all I welcome reveals to me its true face and it is much more than mundane.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

So, reality is like a painting. The painting for a fact exists, but some may see a monster in it, or an angel, or a person, depending on what their "vibration/emotion" is.

This view is the most logic.

When some people say "you create your own reality" what they mean is that you gravitate toward certain people or circumstances based on your attitude (emotions, thoughts, beliefs), but we are ALL in this SAME reality. Some actually take it literally, that we are all shifting through parallel realities / universes all the time...

I am inclined to agree with non-literal version...

I'm starting to believe this:

Universe = Nature = Reality = Truth = God = Space (Emptiness / Ether) = Peace

When I say Peace I am always referring to inner-peace, not the absence of war.

Peace is the calm place where negative AND positive is born.

Peace gives birth to negative and positive energy, like stillness gives birth to fast and slow motion.

edit on 4-4-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Interesting post. I have to agree. When we reject negativity or are in denial about it, I believe we reject the lessons that it has to offer. I like the way you put that, Truth is greater than negativity or positivity. Good and bad are very much subjective. In throwing a label on things we often miss out on the chance to understand them. Great thread, and thanks for sharing your perspective.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

So, reality is like a painting. The painting for a fact exists, but some may see a monster in it, or an angel, or a person, depending on what their "vibration/emotion" is.

This view is the most logic.

When some people say "you create your own reality" what they mean is that you gravitate toward certain people or circumstances based on your attitude (emotions, thoughts, beliefs), but we are ALL in this SAME reality. Some actually take it literally, that we are all shifting through parallel realities / universes all the time...

I am inclined to agree with non-literal version...

I'm starting to believe this:

Universe = Nature = Reality = Truth = God = Space (Emptiness / Ether) = Peace

When I say Peace I am always referring to inner-peace, not the absence of war.

Right on.

Peace is the calm place where negative AND positive is born.

Peace gives birth to negative and positive energy, like stillness gives birth to fast and slow motion.

I wouldn't say negative and positive come from peace, although this is not wrong to say. But I would rather say that peace is only possible by accepting negative and positive.

Truthfully, we are the truth and that is peace. We can either be negative or positive, but whichever we choose is only a partial truth stemming from the full truth of what we are.

Love and hate both cloud the mind and make us see a distortion of what is really there. For love, you see a vibrant beauty of light emanating off of the form. For hate, you see a dull pointlessness. For truth, you see the form itself and the implications of it without distortion.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by netgamer7k

I see where you are coming from, but I disagree with you.

Everyone has his/her own truth based on his/her own experiences.

For example:

I can say, "The sky is blue." Because I have seen the sky and I recognize the color as a shade of blue.

A blind person can say, "The sky is blue." But, the blind person has never seen the sky - s/he is only saying the sky is blue because others have said it is blue. To a blind person, the sky is all colors and no colors or, for lack of a better explanation, black.

A person with a great amount of knowledge on the matter might say that the sky is Not Actually Blue, but that it is an illusion that we see because blue light travels in shorter and smaller waves than other colors and so is scattered in all directions by the tiny molecules of air in Earth's atmosphere.

So, who is telling the truth? Who is lying? Are we lying purposefully or lying in ignorance even though we believe we are speaking the truth?

Now, I concede that the answer might be "God knows the truth". However, what if one believes in a a plural God, or that God is the entire universe, or that our universe is one of many universes played with by God children as marbles, or that We Are God, or that there Is No God, or God is Dead?

Where, then, is truth stored?

I submit that truth is everything: lie = negative = neutral = positive = truth, but that truth can only be as true as the size of our intellects allow it to be.
edit on 4/4/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Up is down and down is up.

"positive" and "negative" are constructs of the human mind.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” ~ Alan Watts

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Truth is Positive. Its inside you, and your own Soul and Family, once the veil starts lifting and you become aware. 1. You can't miss, there is no, wondering if you're being misled, you know, its you, its your vibration, its your soul essence and you know, the way a newborn already knows the sound of his mothers voice.

2. The message is encouragment, joy, happiness, to rise above this, and to hold that frequency and kindness, and help those around you.

Some might have different work, but when people are seriously frozen by their grief or self guilt or depression, they need to let the sun in. Literally even, I have a thread on sungazing and letting it in the sides of your eyes when you can't get out at dawn or its setting.

The Family and the correct frequency for your soul to rise to that is Positivity, is Love. The other things are illusions, and distortions, they're not even real, so shadows or blips in reality. They need to be overcome.

Be of good cheer, and just keep striving and seeking.

How turn a day around. Set better goals. Tend your relationships. Its simple, we're the ones who make it way harder it is.

Truth and Positivity go hand in hand.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Truth is Positive...
Truth and Positivity go hand in hand.

For you, maybe.

I will tell you a story:

There once was a little girl who was beaten,
She had many bruises
She learned to be wily,
To distract with ruses.

She lied to be happy,
She appeared to be glad,
She did not know anything else,
Though she knew she was sad.

She lived a lie,
So that the truth would stay hidden.
She lived to please others,
She would do anything she was bidden.

So on she went, through much of her life.
She had very little trouble,
Almost no strife.

Until one day, she could stand it no more.
She felt the truth thrashing in her core.
She fought it with fervor,
She fought it from fear,
But eventually she lost,
And the Truth became clear.

The truth was this:
She had been living a lie.
She had done many false things
Just to get by.
And now these people depending on her
Could, if she left, just die.

She cannot go,
She cannot stay,
The truth is nice,
But it gets in the way.

In the end, she knew truth,
But what did it get her?
She is still just as sad,
But, now, also bitter.
edit on 4/4/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Another great talking point. I agree, we must see past negative experience and positive experience. We must observe both for what they are, and seek further self-evident understanding to transcend emotional/mental suffering.

You say not to control... I understand that certain things must be controlled. If I take your op literally and put your words into practice exactly as you have stated.... I shall sit in a meditative state and abstain from all eating, drinking, or doing anything, etc.

We make plans, goals, decisions, and going abouts. This is a form of control. Either we are influenced by others, or we are our own masters. Instead of seeking a full experience of passivity, we seek experience by pure will. We seek the most out of this life, this present moment.... but we do so WITH the understandings that you so eloquently laid out in the op. We can be our own masters, but we must not seek to control 'others.'

We ride a wave as a surfer... as the wave... as the air... as the sun...

We must accept pleasant and unpleasant as the wind indiscriminately carries both beautiful scents and pungent stenches.

We control Self as the pure experiencer, observer, acceptor, and the all.

In this thread I see that we are all understanding the concepts nearly the same, even those who are in disagreement... we are just subjectively discussing it at our relative human levels. There is more, but right now we're just human

Peace.

edit on 4/4/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

When I say "don't control", I mean don't control what you wish to observe. You can plan and you can use your will, but don't deny what is right in front of you as you do it. If you choose to lock your dog in a cage, then see that for what it is. Don't hide from the sadness in its eyes.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

With that said, yes friend, we are in agreement.

I think we are pretty much on the same page, only being distracted by minor superficialities. I do practice the concepts of the op when I am mindful to do so.

Much emotional and mental suffering can be traced to an imbalance between want/desire with acceptance/understanding. We should use want and desire to layout an arbitrary plan/goal. We should not attach too strongly to a want, desire, or even a goal... because we will find it more difficult to accept, enjoy, experience, and observe the present moment which is. When things don't go according to plan, we suffer because we attached ourself too strongly to the imagined plan. We lose the present moment because we want and desire it to be a different way than it is, to be as imagined... and we no longer see what is.

Pleasant experiences and unpleasant experiences are a part of this reality. We can not escape from them, and we should not try to hide from one or the other. The suffering associated with the duality of positive/pleasant and negative/unpleasant can be transcended through understanding. Your op nicely elaborates on some of the essential understandings, so no need for me to rephrase what you have already said.

Peace.

top topics

join