Yesterday is a reason for believing in miracles.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Last year tornadoes swept through St.Louis area leaving huge devastation, but no deaths. People called it the Good Friday miracle.

Now, yesterday Dallas-Fort Worth and surrounding areas get smacked with huge tornadoes and again nobody was killed.

The last week of Lent is referred to as Holy Week. Yesterday was Tuesday in Holy Week. So this makes two years in a row we had huge Holy Week tornadoes and no one died.

Thank you, Lord!

en.wikipedia.org...
www.kctv5.com...

The Dallas-Fort Worth area is reviewing the damage after 13 tornadoes touched down in North Texas Tuesday. Despite the severity of the storms, no deaths or serious injuries have been reported.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ummm, why would this be under religion and faith again?

The reason no body was killed is because they have fantastic warning systems in place. Most people that live in areas that are common for tornado's know what type weather to watch out for. No miracle, just very in-probable and lucky.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I was so relieved to see no deaths being reported!
Up yours, HAARP!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Coincidental... Now if it happens again next year, I'd say you might be on to something.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Yes thank you all merciful Jesus for your protection of those who do not listen. This is a prelude to what is to come is this nation does not repent and turn from her wicked ways.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Two questions come to mind- why would Jesus protect those who do NOT listen? and why would God's judgment be exacted on an area with His elect living there?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Two questions come to mind- why would Jesus protect those who do NOT listen? and why would God's judgment be exacted on an area with His elect living there?

God does not wish anyone to perish and end in Hell, he wants all to chose him and follow his word to the T.

And second those TV preachers are as close to God as any other false religion.

They are whores that use the word of God to gain money.

If one is a believer and studies the word of God they would know that God gives many warnings before his final judgement, giving people a chance to REPENT.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

God does not wish anyone to perish and end in Hell, he wants all to chose him and follow his word to the T.

And second those TV preachers are as close to God as any other false religion.

They are whores that use the word of God to gain money.

If one is a believer and studies the word of God they would know that God gives many warnings before his final judgement, giving people a chance to REPENT.

I am not sure of who "those tv preachers" are that you speak of.
I am talking about people who know Jesus as Lord and Savior. Why would they be innocent subjects to God's wrath and judgment?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So I am curious of the people that were "saved" in these events were they "Good People" and the people who have died the week(s) after or prior to this holy week were not worthy?

Please enlighten me on why your God would not take people on a Holy week and yet callously take them the next week.

I am all for miracles and faith but this just makes me angry...
edit on 4-4-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
So I am curious of the people that were "saved" in these events were they "Good People" and the people who have died the week(s) after or prior to this holy week were not worthy?

Please enlighten me on why your God would not take people on a Holy week and yet callously take them the next week.

I am all for miracles and faith but this just makes me angry...
edit on 4-4-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

I don't think you will get a response from the OP but for the record I would like to state that I do not personally believe that God exacts judgment in such a willy nilly fashion as to drop 13 tornadoes on DFW. Perhaps it is just weather. Why do people feel the need to ascribe natural events to God or Satan?

My personal belief is that God withholds His judgment because of the continued presence of His people.
edit on 4-4-2012 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
God didn't have a problem making hundreds and hundreds homeless, so.... where's the miracle again???

Also, in the OP's own link, it says that Tuesday was the 38th anniversary of a deadly day of tornadoes, with hundreds dead and thousands injured. So.... God didn't love us 38 years ago, but he loves us today???

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
But if it had happened in Las Vegas, LA, San Fransisco or New Orleans it would be God punishing people for being sinners right? It is nature it happens no magic, miracles or fairy tales required. As someone else already said no lives lost largely due to excellent preparedness.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Just curious. If some "good person" had died would you still be praising the Lord for that, or would that be the work of the devil?
edit on 4-4-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

I had a close family friend die yesterday in a pretty brutal logging accident.

He was the most devout Christian man I knew, he fasted 2 days every week, prayed unceasingly, read his Bible every night, and went to church 6 days a week.

I didn't blame it on the devil, it's part of Gods plan, and I haven't lost faith in God for it, it's strengthened my faith.
edit on 4/4/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Great to hear! It is an odd feeling of transition when someone close passes. It's always uplifting when the experience can be cast in a positive light. I'm of the opinion that life and death are the same. All part of the journey. I was just curious where the poster was coming from spiritually.
edit on 4-4-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: SC

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here are some pictures of the tornadoes from various places around DFW yesterday. These things were brutal to the area; it's really incredible that no single death was recorded.

Incredible Pictures of the Tornadoes Near Dallas

I don't know if I'm willing to jump the gun just yet on the God's judgment vs climate change debate. I live in tornado alley and though I've seen twisters here and there this is an especially strange year because we have had no winter and are already in for an intense spring storm season. Signs of the times.

Iason321: Sorry for your loss, but great news! That's the power of God right there. Finding joy and life and strength out of some of the worst situations.
edit on 4/4/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Um, because he doesn't protect you if you do not belong to him? He holds the keys of death, who do you think is punching your ticket when its your time?

It rains on the just and the unjust alike.

Matthew 5:43-48

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

I had a close family friend die yesterday in a pretty brutal logging accident.

He was the most devout Christian man I knew, he fasted 2 days every week, prayed unceasingly, read his Bible every night, and went to church 6 days a week.

I didn't blame it on the devil, it's part of Gods plan, and I haven't lost faith in God for it, it's strengthened my faith.
edit on 4/4/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

Do not be sad bro, he was called home. It is victory when we die in him, not a loss. Jesus holds the keys of death now, not Satan, he was recalled because Christ decided it was time for his work to end here. He earned his rest.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

not all of them... they plant seeds though and also they collect donations and food and stuff for the poor.

the only ones you get to hear about are the ones that twist it...

Growing up in America I always thought my country worked for God and all that jazz you know cause of all the holidays and churches (of all faiths in this country)

If my country is not working for God then I can not be forced to work, I am free... I will go do gardening at the local churches.

edit on 4-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I like how you take a disaster of something horrible that happened, and argue that just because it could of been worse, via casualties, that makes it a miracle. All this despite the fact that most disasters, that could of also got the same miracles instead result in many deaths.

One in a million chances happen nine times out of ten. I see no reason to see a miracle out of this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join