It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be your message to the world?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I came across this image of stonewalls new ad campaign that is being displayed on the side of London buses.

I don't want to discuss the particulars of this campaign and what you think of this message, rather I want to pose the question, If you had your chance to use the same space for your own message, if you could have your thoughts read by millions of people, then what would you write?

The message has to be short and concise, so 10 words or less maybe. Would it be a message of hope? A political point? a joke?

I think mine would be a quote from Bill Hicks which I like "Don't worry, don't be afraid, life is just a ride"

So ATS what would your message be?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
"Help eachother, get off the rock."

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
"Deny Ignorance"

Or something along the lines of "If you're reading this you should pay attention to driving"

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think its just to help people open their eyes to the fact that everyone is born a certain way and the people need to learn how to adapt to it.

interesting campaign... I am pretty sure a lot of anti-gay people will act disgusted and cry foul over that ad, but... as the ad says, you cannot change the fact that these people are part of society and society as a whole has to deal with it.

imo, could care less what your orientation is, to me you are a human being, no more no less. and for the people who are dense... I say everyone is on an equal platform.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Political correctness....DON'T TREAD ON ME!!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I am pretty sure a lot of anti-gay people will act disgusted and cry foul

Exactly why I wrote my slogan below your post.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I was raised with "foul language" and too often get hate for a word I use to express my ideas - to the extent that expressing ideas is dangerous, almost as dangerous as letting others get away with lie upon lie. Today I came up with this slogan to express how I feel about it...

Taking offense is OFFENSIVE!

link   
ha! cool post!!!

i think i would take a quote from the great poet and philosopher bart simpson.
"eat my shorts"!!!!!

link   

38 Then Peter said vnto them, Repent, and be baptized euery one of you in the Name of Iesus Christ, for the remission of sinnes, and ye shal receiue the gift of the holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is vnto you, and to your children, and to all that are afarre off, euen as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did hee testifie and exhort, saying, Saue your selues from this vntoward generation.
www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

That about says it for me as most are willingly ignorant that there is a God whose name is Jesus and all that is evil is because they worship Satan and are in love with themselves and their worldly lust more that the truth.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Some funny replies so far, I just realised that my quote of "Don't worry, don't be afraid, life is just a ride" might well be miss understood as an attack on the terrible driving skills of London Bus drivers, maybe I need to think of another one

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
What goes around, comes around.....

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Mine would simply be: Seriously?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

38 Then Peter said vnto them, Repent, and be baptized euery one of you in the Name of Iesus Christ, for the remission of sinnes, and ye shal receiue the gift of the holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is vnto you, and to your children, and to all that are afarre off, euen as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did hee testifie and exhort, saying, Saue your selues from this vntoward generation.
www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

That about says it for me as most are willingly ignorant that there is a God whose name is Jesus and all that is evil is because they worship Satan and are in love with themselves and their worldly lust more that the truth.

I'm not sure that would fit onto the side of a Bus.. could you cut it down and still get your message across maybe?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Probably something along the lines of "Stop wallowing in your rut and seize the day."

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Repent before the Coming Judgement!!

amen.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Do you think people would put a different message on the side of an American bus as opposed to one in London?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Mine would be - "Just imagine what we could accomplish if we set aside hate."

The human race are capable of so much more. Imagine where we would be if we could just unite.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Be certain in the religion of Love. Love embraces all. (Rumi)

I had to condense it to fit the 10 word limit - for someone who verbally likes excess and many words when few will do, quite the challenge for me Dave. Great thread, great idea.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
My words to the world would be either:

Judge not a man by the answers he has, but by the questions he asks.

or

Why so serious?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join