It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzzing In Ears Before Sleep

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Every night right before I go to sleep and it is completely quite I hear a buzzing in my ears. Is there any explanation for this?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
ever heard the term silence is deafaning?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
aolsvc.health.webmd.aol.com...

If it is more pronounced such as LOUD buzzing or crackling, like electricity, it could be symptoms of awareness during sleep paralysis...but if its every night, it could be tinnitus. It could also be signs of build up in the ears ...go for a test by a doctor , it cant hurt

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
yeah i have tinnitus at night, it's rather annoying when you focus on the sounds.. i jusy go to bed with my mp3 player playing softly.
another thing it could be is if your bedroom is near high tension power lines.. they gvie off a hum.. or perhaps your house is near a power poll with a power transformer on it...

yes, it is also another sign of coming out of a dream state, it occurs all the time when i experience sleep paralysis.. although it's a different type of hum.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Maybe you just need to stop listening to loud music. Try this method i used it when i had the same problem: Turn on your tap and let the water drip for ages, then beofre you go to sleep focus on the sound of dripping, apart from making you go toilet this should distract you from the buzzing in your ears. Hopefully you should get a good nights sleep without the buzzing.!!

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I heard some incredibly intense, magnetic sounds last week that envelopped and reverberated throughout my whole body, accompanied with a very strong pressure on my back (while I was sleeping). These are what woke me up, and when I realised that I had sleep paralysis. I wasn`t too frightened about not being able to move or speak, because I`ve had this experience before - but the sounds - so strong and penetrating, well that was a first!

I went back to sleep, on my back this time and with the light on and it was OK. After a couple of hours, I woke up again and tried to sleep on my front again and `challenge` the noise....well, it came back.... At which point, I got up before the sleep paralysis could start, this time I turned on both the lights and the TV on and went back to sleep, again on my back....no more noises - nothing.

I have to point out that I was extremely tired that night, and hadn`t slept for more than 4 or 5 hours for about a month..... They say that when sleep paralysis occurs, people can experience both auditory and visual hallucinations.

Maybe you are just very tired and/or stressed???!!

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I get this right as my sleep paralysis is setting in. Last night it was extremly intense. Every time I would pull myself out of the paralysis and wake up, within 2 minutes of closing my eyes it would be back. The buzzing was louder than normal and made me really uneasy.

I have heard that this vibration/buzzing is one of the steps you go through to have an Out of body experience. Last night I thought I would try to have an OBE but as soon as I started feeling like I was leaving my body I would panic. For some reason I can't get over the feeling that if I leave my body I might die.

Do you ever experience sleep paralysis? Have you noticed a connection between the buzzing and sleep paralysis?

Jemison

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't remember ever having sleep paralysis.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i hate buzzing in my ears to...but when i put my radio on softly it goes away or if i make a noise...the silnce buzzing just grows louder and louder asnd LOUDER

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hello. Contrary to the conventional & popular wisdom offered > to drown out or otherwise counteract the 'buzzing'...thinking IT to be something which NEEDS to be REMEDIED.....I would suggest this 'buzzing' is in fact much like your snooze-alarm which beckons your mortal body to alertness in the "ordinary reality" of wakefulness.

This 'ringing or buzzing' should be welcomed and given Intentional-Focus.
This is one stage of going OBE, even going into 'dream-time', or other of the non-ordinary realities (see shamans journey)

Explore...my friend

do not let others control your thoughts and actions...

but for your own protection, safety, go along with the general consenus and belittle the experience as just NOISE which is Irritating and must be Ignored... explore the vast realms which beckon you with that internal, biological alert sound (buzzing in ears) WHICH IS...your connection to spiritual & metaphysical realms which MAY reward your ordinary/conscious self with EXTRAORDINARY INSIGHTS ...ET AL

peace

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I used to get it all the time and so do my brothers, but usually it happens as you go through puberty, and yeah have a doctor check you out. Then get on with your life.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I have tinnitus and it began just that way. Now the noise is "deafening," but I have gotten used to it. I would suggest that you watch out for the noise. A lot of people don't adjust to the disorder as well as I have.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

This 'ringing or buzzing' should be welcomed and given Intentional-Focus.
This is one stage of going OBE, even going into 'dream-time', or other of the non-ordinary realities (see shamans journey)

Explore...my friend

Bingo, we have a winner.... someone give this person some cake....

Don't let others people thoughts get in the way of exploring...

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
An electrical device may be on in your room and your hearing that i get in with my t.v or vcr sometimes

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I too get that at night, but as soon as it 'comes on' I tune it out, just try to focus on the opposite frequency (best way to describe how I do it)

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehomer
Every night right before I go to sleep and it is completely quite I hear a buzzing in my ears. Is there any explanation for this?

Do yourself a favor and see your MD. You shouldn't come here for medical advice. If after you see your MD and you follow his advice, you want to consider the delusional advice here, go ahead.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I get this right as my sleep paralysis is setting in. Last night it was extremly intense. Every time I would pull myself out of the paralysis and wake up, within 2 minutes of closing my eyes it would be back. The buzzing was louder than normal and made me really uneasy.

I have heard that this vibration/buzzing is one of the steps you go through to have an Out of body experience. Last night I thought I would try to have an OBE but as soon as I started feeling like I was leaving my body I would panic. For some reason I can't get over the feeling that if I leave my body I might die.

Do you ever experience sleep paralysis? Have you noticed a connection between the buzzing and sleep paralysis?

Jemison

I used to hate that experience, the loud crackling and buzzing and vibrations, now I love it.... You can have some really cool experiences of alternate awareness. It is uncomfortable I know, but if you relax and let the feeling take over like waves of electricity, it can be pretty incredible...This experience is not demon alien or ghost related, it is your higher awareness and it is wicked cool.

The seperation is quite strange but can develope into extraordinary experiences. It will happen when you re overtired and keep you from getting sleep when you fear it, 'cause everytime you put your head down you feel/hear it..Let it ride and youll be able to get to sleep better the next night and better the next and so forth. Then you wont get the SP any more and youll have to learn to induce it as I did as a method of "getting out" if you learn to like it.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx

I used to hate that experience, the loud crackling and buzzing and vibrations, now I love it.... You can have some really cool experiences of alternate awareness. It is uncomfortable I know, but if you relax and let the feeling take over like waves of electricity, it can be pretty incredible...This experience is not demon alien or ghost related, it is your higher awareness and it is wicked cool.

The seperation is quite strange but can develope into extraordinary experiences. It will happen when you re overtired and keep you from getting sleep when you fear it, 'cause everytime you put your head down you feel/hear it..

I experienced what you described once. It was a feeling of intemporal grandeur. My cocktail was: I hadnt had sleep for 36 hours; had a rave and did metaphetamine the night before; and smoked weed before going to sleep.

I focused on the refrigerator noise, and suddently, this wave like feeling started. My theory is that the hormones in my blood were at the right level to let me have a conscious experience of all this. Maybe it was only sleep paralysis, I dont know. But it was quite intriguing. Unfortunately, I lost the feeling and started thinking about God and stuff like that, you know, beliefs!
Be careful though because this experience kinda left me a little nuts for a day or two. It was like too much for one mind to handle.
I havent been able to experience this without the use of drugs, but I'm glad you can do without it, according to xxKrisxx

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have had in many times.

Often a signal of a paranormal episode beginning.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Its very easy to have it if you havent sleep, because of how quickly sleep comes on...You can feel yourself slip into the "paralyzed" state--Normally, you are not aware of it, though it is natural physiologically...I like to think of these experiences as my higher awareness coming thru because I dont consider my experiences paranormal. I feel they are normal, but just not usually experienced on this conscious level.

experiences can "feel" associated with demons or aliens because it can be accompanied by evil/foreboding feelings and or visual hallucinations of showy people or monster like creatures...My first few experiences had these hypnogogic/-pompic halluciantions and I thought I was abducted or worse...then I felt they were seizures or something then I spoke to doctor, which is what you do when you are unsure about any aspect of your health.

I do have tinnitus, which I have learned to tune out when I want to ...I used to listen to music but I dont need to anymre...Sometimes I use this "tone" to meditate and it is now a tool instead of a nuisance

[edit on 27-9-2004 by xxKrisxx]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join