It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singing Plants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Is there any truth to this ?
edit on 4-4-2012 by Apleness because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
A little info on the video would be great, plus an opinion from your good self also.
edit on 4/4/12 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apleness

Is there any truth to this ?

i would love to think so??
edit on 4-4-2012 by ronriley2003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent

A little info on the video would be great, plus an opinion from your good self also.

You have the info right on the title of the video. My opinion is self implied in the question I guess.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What is happening here is the electrode is picking up the vibratory resonance of the plant whose electrical impulses are registered through an electronic device that is connected to a synthesizer. Then it pops out a different tune based on a change in resonance.

That much is true, and I wouldn't get overly excited about that..all things alive have such impulses. If course it sounds pretty cool when you hook it up to that simple type of sound..but if it was just higher and lower toned knocks (like say bamboo knocking sounds) it would sound like random little knocking

Another way to consider this is..if you put a wind chime out and "hear" the wind..you don't suddenly believe the wind is a conscious entity..

I am not seeing much on the net in regards to research done to prove anything beyond simple reactionary impulses from this or any plant...would be nice (and horrific) to think the ladies claims are right..but I see nothing backing up her suggestion that they are "speaking" so far. They could be of course...but then again, so could the wind...this is where science is needed...and hooking up a synth to a plant to see if sound comes is enough to start making a hypothesis, not to conclude anything.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

commenting to come..reading the article here
www.saveit4asong.com...:the-singing-plant&catid=8:green-innovation&Itemid=11#comment-42
edi t on 4-4-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

Add:
So, this part of the article stuck out to me:

Research has found that the plants react depending upon their surroundings. Light, water, sound, and even emotional energy within a room all cause significant alterations to the plant’s electrical current. As Dr Ashok Khosla, President of IUCN, explains in the video

Of course, finding this research may prove to be difficult...and although it is a Dr., it is president of the IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature). So, the Dr. may be leading the results anyhow...don't take this claim on face value until the research is discovered.
edit on 4-4-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Id love to have that device..It looks like it works on any living plant what a relaxing way kick back and listen to your plant sing ..This was very impressive..S&F ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Apleness

www.abovetopsecret.com...

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

Let us know your thoughts about the video and what it entails. Some people don't have video capabilities.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Too beautiful for words.
I don't care if it's just impulses or not.
And yes, I believe the plant is singing.
And yes, on it's own level I believe it is also conscious.

Thank you so much for posting -

peace

Edit to Add: This took 30 years?

edit on 4-4-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apleness

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent

You have the info right on the title of the video. My opinion is self implied in the question I guess.

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
OP you fail at thread.

Anyway, there was a story in the news today about plants "hearing" noises. Apparently corn plants can hear certain noises. Corn roots heard (input whatever means, I cant recall if it was mentioned and you can google it yerself) certain clicks that were the same sound as the clicks heard from other corn plants, and it put the entire 'root to gravity' claim into question.

IE;

corn plant roots were heard making specific clikc sounds.
other corn responded to artificial clicks, and their roots moved towards the noise.

interesting to be honest.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
No I dont believe the plant is actually singing but that doesnt mean you discount its conciousness. Its still a living loving breathing creature just like me n you.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Camon really ? The title says it all what is there more to say.. THis is nip picking.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
plants react breath. its the Co2.

please some one teach the plant to sing a paten.
and repeat it when you breath on it.
That would be a game changer.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
i hope it is i would love to have one of these in my yard

top topics

join