It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm part of a UK Public Investigation group that is looking to go over to the USA in 2014 to investigate some of your locations. We already have a few places penciled in, that allow public events. But we are struggling to find venues to hold events at.

Using wikipedia we have gone through all the locations that have been covered by Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventurers etc. Most venues only seem to operate there own private events, and charge an extortianate amount to hold our own event.

As we will be the first UK company to come over to the USA we are hopefully pioneering for an international audience to see how it can be done. Some venues we have contacted don't understand the level of logistics this requires to get 20 plus people from the UK to fly over to America, attend events, travel and sleeping arrangements to arrange.

So any help, pointers or advice would be appreciated.

Places so far booked are:

Ashmore Estate
Bobby Mackeys
Bissman Hotel
Hill View Manor
McPike Mansion
Prospect Place
Rohs Opera House
Moundsville Pen.

Thanks again

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lucifuge

Twenty people ... "public events". I'm getting conflicting pictures here. Are these events for the twenty people or for an audience? If so, how large of an audience?

Two suggestions.

First, Fodor's. Fodor's make travel guides that are full of contact information.

Second, City Chambers of Commerce. Almost every city has a Chamber of Commerce and these people specialize in "public events." Just google-up the city name you want and "chamber of commerce".

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
how many pennies will this cost?sounds interesting....from edinburgh
edit...sorry 2nd line...ummm yeah still from edinburgh
edit on 4/4/12 by vipertruck99 because: 2nd line rule

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

What I mean is we don't do private events with just a few friends, rather we sell tickets for overnight ghost hunts for members of the public to come along and join in. Usually from about 7pm to 3am' ish

Thanks for the input though.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by vipertruck99

Not sure yet but if your interested, I can pm you the website for more info?

This is exclusive to us and nobody in teh UK has ever attempted this before.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Skin Walker ranch!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Skin Walker ranch!

Can you elaborate?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Sure,

In the mid 1990's, a rancher and his family decided to purchase a 480 acre piece of isolated property in the Uinta Mountains region of Northeastern Utah with the intent to raise cattle.
Soon after, the family began experiencing various forms of paranormal activity on the property and in their home. This is the true story of the Skinwalker Ranch.
The name Skinwalkers comes from the Navaho's belief about shape-shifting witches who come from the 'other side'.

terrifyingtales.blogspot.co.uk...
That link is a good place to read up on the subject.
Some very creepy things have gone on there-You and your group may enjoy a visit I think.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Sure,

In the mid 1990's, a rancher and his family decided to purchase a 480 acre piece of isolated property in the Uinta Mountains region of Northeastern Utah with the intent to raise cattle.
Soon after, the family began experiencing various forms of paranormal activity on the property and in their home. This is the true story of the Skinwalker Ranch.
The name Skinwalkers comes from the Navaho's belief about shape-shifting witches who come from the 'other side'.

terrifyingtales.blogspot.co.uk...
That link is a good place to read up on the subject.
Some very creepy things have gone on there-You and your group may enjoy a visit I think.

Skinwalker ranch does not allow outside groups onto the property, though you can get close.
2nd lline

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Here's a short list of places you may not have thought of, or maybe have:

Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum Weston, West Virginia (also Flenderation Tunnel)
Waverly Hills Sanatorium Louisville, Kentucky
Gettysburg National Battlefield Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Prospect Place Trinway, Ohio

All kind of close to Bobby Mackey's and Moundsville State Penn.

Also, have you tried googleing "list of reportedly haunted places in the United States"?
Sometimes it just gets overlooked....

you never said if you would be driving from place to place, that's why I only listed close ones.

As far as lodging, some hotels/motels have member cards (like frequent flyer miles), as long as you stay at the same chain.
At the first rest area along the Interstates, there are information areas, which have travel brouchures and hotel savings guides.

You can also contact the individual states on-line for travel books, which include discounts on food and lodging.
I have to try to get some sleep now, I work nights, and have been up all day. If you have any questions, I'll answer tommorrow.
BTW, I live in West Virginia, about 30 minutes from Weston.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Yahm16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yahm16
Here's a short list of places you may not have thought of, or maybe have:

Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum Weston, West Virginia (also Flenderation Tunnel)
Waverly Hills Sanatorium Louisville, Kentucky
Gettysburg National Battlefield Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Prospect Place Trinway, Ohio

All kind of close to Bobby Mackey's and Moundsville State Penn.

Also, have you tried googleing "list of reportedly haunted places in the United States"?
Sometimes it just gets overlooked....

you never said if you would be driving from place to place, that's why I only listed close ones.

As far as lodging, some hotels/motels have member cards (like frequent flyer miles), as long as you stay at the same chain.
At the first rest area along the Interstates, there are information areas, which have travel brouchures and hotel savings guides.

You can also contact the individual states on-line for travel books, which include discounts on food and lodging.
I have to try to get some sleep now, I work nights, and have been up all day. If you have any questions, I'll answer tommorrow.
BTW, I live in West Virginia, about 30 minutes from Weston.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Yahm16 because: (no reason given)

Ok thanks. Had forgttten about Trans Allegheny. The others well Gettysburgh is a place rather than a venue. Waverley Hills charge a small fortune and Prospect Place is booked.

As for travel we will be hiring coaches and flying to various parts.

Are there any good but cheap hotel/motel chains that span the USA?

This trip BTW is open to USA audience as well as from the UK. So if you would like to attend any of them on a proper overnight investigation then please feel free to get in touch.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Whenever the wife and I travel, we like to stat in Best Westerns, they are a little expensive around larger cities though. Best Western is affiliated with Sleep Inn, Comfort Inn and 2 others I can't think of right now, and the wife signed us up for a discount card from them. It gives 10% off mostly, and after so many stays, we get a free night
or room upgrade.

Hampton Inns are nice, but again, location affects price.
Super 8 is less expensive, along with Red Roof Inn.
Motel 6= avoid at all costs, unless you like bricks for beds,paper-thin walls, and bad neighborhoods.
Days Inns aren't bad either.
Holiday Inn has a points club also.
Never stayed at Fairfield Inn, Courtyard Suites, Sheridan, or Travelodge.
EconoLodge are usually found around the Interstates, but are reasonably priced.

Just a thought, have you looked into finding a haunted Bed & Breakfast? That would give you room, board, and
investigation for the night....

www.DiscovrOhio.com is Ohio's travel site, and I think I have a Zanesville travel guide lying around somewhere.
visitPA.com, or 1-800-847-4872 (in US, I don't know how to dial for international) is Pennsylvania,
callWVA.com / 1-800-225-5982 is for West Virginia, and I'd have to dig around for Kentucky and Illinois though.

Once you get your itenerary set, it might be best to contact the different hotel/motel chains to see what they can do for group discounts and if they would discount for staying with them every stop.
If you have someone in your group who is/was in the military (as long as they have a current photo ID card), you may be able to get a discount rate also. You might be ahead to join AAA right before your trip, depending on the cost of membership compared to how long you'll be staying....(allow time to have the card mailed to you ).

If you want to spoil yourselves one night on your trip, Embassy Suites is the only way to go. Expensive, but worth every dollar/pound.
From what you have listed, it looks like right now you'll be mainly in the Eastern Standard Time Zone, most check-out times are between 10 am-12 noon, and check-in not before 12 noon- 2pm, so that may make a difference in your hotel choice also, just don't be afraid to ask what discounts they give.

If you want stuff mailed, just let me know, I can do my best to get you the information. (like the discount travel flyers for each state).

just to add, have you checked Pennhurst St. Hospital? I think it's in Spring City, Pennsylvania.

Any other questions, let me know, I'll do my best to get you an answer. Got to go for now.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
When we travel we stay at Hampton Inns. They tend to be middle of the road with cost, but are clean and nice. Plus you get breakfast included, and some even give you cookies at bedtime! Always a plus!

If you decide to do a chain hotel, check out their frequent member discounts. I know at the Hampton Inns you get a percentage off if you are a member of their club and have stayed x number of nights. Its free to join, and since you're going to be traveling you'll get the number of nights required pretty quickly.

Others have already mentioned the places I would suggest, especially Waverly Hills Sanitorium. Here are a couple of other suggestions, but I don't know if they would allow tour groups.

St. Augustine, Florida: Castillo de San Marcos. Big fort, supposedly haunted
restaraunt named Harry's...;supposedly haunted
Fort Matanzas- accessed via boat, was the site of a massacre
Hugeonot Cemetary

Charleston, South Carolina: Fort Sumter,
Yorktown (air craft carrier)

Savannah, Georgia: The Pirate's House (I think that's the name) Actual building used by pirates as a meeting place, now a restaraunt. We ate there twice, both times had strange things happen. Cool place just for the history alone

Wilmington, NC The USS North Carolina (battle ship) Supposedly haunted battle ship, may be able to spend the night if you can arrange it

Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip to the states!

top topics

join