It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Crazy???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Every day I read threads on this site; I research things myself for hours, I don’t think I’m crazy, just a little different and by now consider myself a non-sheep.
I’m seeing past the lies, the propaganda, the war for profit, the ignorance toward real problems and the blatant yet subtle racism of the west.

I’m seeing the hatred towards the fellow man in everything and I hate the fact no one else around me can see the lies that get told to us every day in the MSM.
I want to do something but I don’t know what, I want to say something but words don’t come out and I’m scared to be blatantly honest to my friends in-case they think I’m loopy and look away.

I think were heading on a path to complete destruction but I don’t know what I can do about it.
I think were being lied to about things that have been talked about for millennia among the rich and poor, the dumb and smart.
I think religion is a hoax to keep the population in line or at least for when there is war the basic human being has something to die for.
I think the United States is a tyrannical state and is headed toward a path similar if not worse than Nazi Germany (IMO not hate towards the people, just the Government)
I think my country is in the worse position available for when TSHTF (Australia).

I’m 19 years old but far from immature, 99% of people my age do not give a s**t about what is happening, don’t see past the lies and deceit and think everything is dove’s and daisy’s.
I do go out and drink with my mates and “party” but my true mindset is on what is happening around us.
For some reason I can’t shake that mindset even if I try to.
For years I wanted to join the military in fact from age 13 to last year. That is ALLWAYS what I wanted to do, I wanted to help people. That’s what I believed our military did and I respected and loved every soldier.
That’s gone, I don’t want to fight in wars that have NOTHING to do with my country and hurt people that have done NOTHING to me and never will. Or be a part of a war machine that will inevitably lead to the destruction of OUR planet.

Does all this make me crazy?
Should I seek help?

/end rant.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by repulsive1

Does all this make me crazy?
Should I seek help?

Probably not the best place to ask this!

I think their are very few people who frequent ATS...that could offer up true psychological recommendations!

If your truly concerned about your mental state...then you need to see a professional!

Just saying...

I understand your point...but that's not really something you should ask other members about...I mean...imagine the answers you could get!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
your not crazy, you just will not except what other say is the truth without looking in to it your self. its a healthy state of mind not a crazy one. you do not need to join the army to help others. look around you town and see what you can do for others might be helping homelessness with a food drive or visiting a old person home for a chat (someone of these people have no visitors) or go to places in Africa to help build a well a school or even teach for the summer.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
You are not crazy. You are intelligent. Amazing you have only 19 years.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I know this haha.
I don't think I need to seek help, not obsessed with anything, just want to know if anyone else thinks like me basically, maybe a self reassurance thing?
And if no one else thinks like me then I will stop using this site haha.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

You aren't crazy, you're just growing. Everyone around you is drunk and you're the sober guy. To abstain from the "party life" and so on is an example of self-control - does that sound crazy? You're just in control. The loss of desire to join the military shows you wish to be compassionate to others in a non-violent way. Now is THAT crazy? lol
edit on 4/4/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by repulsive1
reply to post by jerryznv

I know this haha.
I don't think I need to seek help, not obsessed with anything, just want to know if anyone else thinks like me basically, maybe a self reassurance thing?
And if no one else thinks like me then I will stop using this site haha.

Well then...rest assured there are plenty that think the same way!

I suppose in our case (conspiracy theorists)...it is completely normal...and expected I would guess!

I share some of your same thoughts...so if you are crazy...then so am I!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You are very sane, but beware this site IS filled with crazy, cowardly, all-fearing, bible-thumping, progress-denying bigots.

Dont ask about sanity in an asylum.

Anyway, I can tell you KNOW you're on the right path. Keep it up!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Does all this make me crazy? Should I seek help?

No. It doesn't make you crazy. Letting that turn into an obsession that takes over your life, crowds out your friends and family, and puts you into a state of paranoia, IS.

If you feel you are getting to the point that you can't stop thinking about this stuff, are feeling depressed, or getting panic attacks, please, please, find someone to talk to. Friends, family, counselor, someone.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Thanks for everyone's responses, my views definitely aren't an obsession.
There just there and it doesn't depress me or make me have stupid thoughts or anything but it's good to know I'm not a loopy guy.
To the person who posted about helping people locally or going over to Africa, that sounds like something I would want to do. The little things count in the big picture I guess.
I would die happy with my life if I knew I helped another human being live there's.
Thanks again,

Rep.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You sound like a mirror image of me, except you live in Australia!. I too am 19, and I too wanted to join the military for quite a while. My friends and family also think I am kind of crazy for the things I keep trying to say and none of them give a #. It is truly a sad and sorry state of affairs we find ourselves in these days. I don't think that you are crazy, not at all. I think that the world is crazy and we're just too much ourselves to fit in.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I agree with the poster who said "If you're crazy so am I"
I think we all feel that way sometimes - especially in public with others who are clearly not aware - or in my case, every day when I go on google and see the newest headline about Romney and think "man, he's gonna win cause MSM is shoving him down people's throats" - I absolutely feel insane!!!!

But I know there's a point where we're alone, and pondering, and start watching the sky, and cringe at the headlines, and don't even read the articles anymore because you don't know what to believe and you're just questioning the validity of EVERYTHING........including your own sanity....... thats when its time to take a break.

Just walk away man. Take a week off. Reality is whatever you fill your day with. If you spend it with conspiracy theorist (not the conspiracies themselves, but the people), then yeah, you're going to feel like you're insane quite a bit
Not stereotyping conspiracy theorist - I'm stereotyping people who sit and post on their computer for hours on end. They're passionate and vehement and argumentive - and being around a constant bombardment of that level of energy will take a toll on anyone. They do it because they have a platform. Take the platform away and they still have dishes and laundry to do. Dig?

You're not insane - we're all a little crazy. ♥

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I will just tell you something about me and "craziness". I used to think that there was such a thing as a modern-day Holocaust happening in the United States. I believed that when I saw storage facilities, they were really buildings that were going to be used as concentration camps. I believed I saw aliens, because I saw it with my own eyes. I believed I was pregnant: for four years: from immaculate conception. I believed I was a Manchurian Candidate being mind-controlled by the CIA with a microchip in my body. I tried to dig the microchip out with a piece of glass during one of my numerous suicide attempts. I became homeless. Three times I lived in shelters. I was sexually assualted numerous times. I then began to think I was Jesus Christ reincarnated, and L. Ron Hubbard reincarnated. It all started when I was 23 years old. For women, Schizophrenia starts usually in your 20's. For men, it usually starts in your late teen years. You said you are 19. You sound extremely paranoid. Then again, most of the people posting on this site sound extremely paranoid to me. I will tell you what worked for me. I had many psychiatric hospital trips, and finally, after I almost shot myself to death, I was forced into a psychiatric hospital for a five-month long stay. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia. The diagnosis was later changed to Schizoaffective Disorder, which is a form of Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder. I was put on medication, but because I thought medications were poisons meant to kill me by the New World Order doctors, I refused to take it until they gave me injections which I had no choice about.

A wonderful thing happened. All of the above stuff that I was thinking stopped ceasing to seem real to me. I hadd clarity of thought for the first time in seven years. During that seven years I had been floridly psychotic and had not known it. Once I had clarity of thought, I no longer wanted to die. I stopped halucinating with visual and auditory hallucinations (also called hearing voices). I stopped trying to kill myself. I stopped believing I was Jesus. I stopped believing I was pregnant (because I have never actually been pregnant). I got better. I had a long term relationship with a boyfriend. I moved into a group home, and then into my own apartment. I got a job. That was six years ago. Today, I still have my own apartment. I have a job. I go to college. I got my AA degree and now I am working on my BA degree. I also volunteer with the National Alliance on Mental Illness.

Now, there's nothing wrong with being a skeptical person. And I don't believe everything I am told to believe by any means. I don't like the fact that Big Pharma is making billions of dollars. But I will tell you this: proper diagnosis and medication saved my life. Today, I am happy, glad to be alive, and not the least bit paranoid. I suggest you seek professional help. Probably, nobody else is going to tell you that here.

join