It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Takes Aim at Saggy Pants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Bill Takes Aim at Saggy Pants

www.myfoxmemphis.com

Nashville, Tn - Tennessee students may need to hike up their pants. Legislators passed a bill which prohibits students from showing underwear or body-parts in an indecent manner.

Unlike a similar Tennessee bill which failed a few years ago, this bill doesn't require a ruler to enforce. The stricter proposal also slapped a fine of up to 250 dollars and community service. This latest bill allows districts to decide the punishment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
As much as I hate seeing people wear their clothes in any such a manner, I hate a lot worse a damn law preventing them to be able to do it.

I mean where does it end?..What next I can't wear my camouflage shirts anymore because I have to be in the military to wear them?

You see their getting out of hand with the trying to take rights and liberty's, and it always starts small, and always on issues people want to see a law to prevent.

It's these peoples rights to wear their clothes the way they want to wear them. If their not exposing themselves, or hurting anyone else by wearing their pants low, why should we prevent them from doing it?

Well I can only thing of 1 reason actually, and here it is. You decide.

www.myfoxmemphis.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-4-2012 by Mr_skepticc because: Added a video!

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I actually like this law, and wondered when they'd get it going.

sagging pants down past your waisteline is actually indecent exposure...women can't do it.

Why can men?
edit on 4-4-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
If you want to look like a moron, that is your right within reason I suppose. Some people are more respecting of others, no one wants to see someone's nasty dirty boxers. Some people have the common courtesy of wearing a long shirt when they got their pants around their kneecaps

Where do we draw the line at? Can we fine fatguys running around shirtless? Fat chicks in tanktops and booty shorts? Ugh.
edit on Wed, 04 Apr 2012 06:53:39 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
What if everyone starts wearimg pyjamas under there trousers, would that be legal? Im sure it would look the same.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
As much as someone showing their butt crack annoys and disgusts me, I still believe it is their right.I dont see how its the governments business how people dress. I think this law will be struck down the first time someone gets smart and hires a lawyer.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Legislators have a great deal of power and are paid a great deal of money to wield that power. Is this really the type of issue you want them to deal with?

Wait until some over-active cop shoots a kid for wearing his pants too low.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
If the law is aimed at targeting indecent exposure of body parts arent there already indecent exposure laws?

Why the redundancy?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
As much as someone showing their butt crack annoys and disgusts me, I still believe it is their right.I dont see how its the governments business how people dress. I think this law will be struck down the first time someone gets smart and hires a lawyer.

I agree. How is this not protected under the first amendment? Seems like freedom of expression to me.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
here I was thinkimg the sagging trend was nearing its end :/ this law will give this old trend new life I believe

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I was being ironic/sarcastical. As much as I hate seeing flab hanging out, or pants around knees, I don't think it is a good thing to try and fine for, short of real indecent exposure of course.

You can dress how you want, that is your right. Just don't get upset if someone uses their right to free speech and tell you that you look like a moron :p

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
i hate the look myself, ive walked behind a few of these droopy pant guys on the side walk,and they spent more time hiking up there pants than actual walking! is it worth it?!!!

but it still should be their right to wear them.
look out,here comes the fashion police!---literally!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I absolutely agree that these kids look like morons. But compare that exposure to a lady in a bikini. Just let some legislator try to pass a bill banning bikini's

It looks to me like there are so many laws on the books that legislators are having a hard time finding something meaningful to do. They can't seem to find anything that hasn't be legislated to death.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I think it's a bit ridiculous to slap a fine and community service on people for saggy britches on a kid. Yes, it's annoying, yes it's unsightly, but I think that it's just a bit too much to criminalize a kid for being stupid.

Just another way to collect money.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
If the law is aimed at targeting indecent exposure of body parts arent there already indecent exposure laws?

Why the redundancy?

This.

I guess its just another stupid law to make the bureaucratic cockroaches feel important.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Am I wrong in reading that this is for students AT SCHOOL? I think it is perfectly fine to enforce a saggy pants ban at school. We have a dress code where my children attend school and I think it works out just fine.

Why do kids need to where saggy pants at school where they could become a gym hazard?

Now, as far as on their own time, pants on the knees I guess. I actually feel sorry for the poor guys that have to walk all bow legged and keep pulling up their pants but, to each their own. They may feel just as sorry for me wearing 6 inch high heels.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Solve some real world problems for goodness sake. What a world we live in. Someone is always looking outward and trying to fix some silly thing that bothers them.

Look in the mirror, fix that.

Feed some people, get your mind off what someone else is wearing. Give back to the people who elected you, clean up a neighborhood. respect Freedom, respect others. Quit trying to create a generic society where everyone looks like you!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Yeah it's stupid. By indecent exposure, I mean like running around naked under a trenchcoat etc. I have heard of ridiculous things, like boardwalks fining people for wearing bikini tops, when the beach is 10 feet away. Pointless, retarded, just a revenue vacume. I think that is what fining for sagging pants is ultimately, just another way to seperate more people from their money.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Since when is it kosher for schools to hand out fines? I totally missed that part, makes it even more bizaare.... Who's coffer does those fines go to fill then?

And since when do school officials even have the authority to hand out fines? Who is supposed to enforce them, the police? Inquiring minds indeed.
edit on Wed, 04 Apr 2012 07:37:38 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Laws getting personal again. I hate baggy saggy pants, and I hate this bill

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join