It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone know much about cataracks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

oh well, it can be fixed but I went to the eye doc today and have cataracks... have to have an op and have 3 months off work OMG...

I have to wear dark glasses and avoid bright lights... my cataracks are covering the lense so it is at the back of the eye so not simple day surgery. has anyone else had cataracks removed?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Google + cataract =

Wikipedia =

"A cataract is a clouding that develops in the crystalline lens of the eye or in its envelope (lens capsule), varying in degree from slight to complete opacity and obstructing the passage of light. Early in the development of age-related cataract, the power of the lens may be increased, causing near-sightedness (myopia), and the gradual yellowing and opacification of the lens may reduce the perception of blue colors. Cataracts typically progress slowly to cause vision loss, and are potentially blinding if untreated. The condition usually affects both eyes, but almost always one eye is affected earlier than the other."

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, bro.

CX

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Sorry to hear you have to have this done, not sure about the bigger surgery, my dad recently had his done but it was a day job thing. He can see great now.

CX.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

thx for that. I knew I needed glasses but did not expect this. I would have searched etc myself but can't stay too long reading and the brightness of the screen doesn't help.

reply to post by CX

yes there is a common one that grows on the outside of the eye and easy to laser correct. Mine has grown over my lense.

thx

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I had my right eye fixed with a lens replacement back in 97. It's something you get used too. It doesn't focus so it's stuck in a farsighted mode. Other than that it works. The bad eye can see. Though something I noticed was the new lens lets in a lot more UV that my normal eye.

For example the Spencer's Gifts at the Mall here has a wall of UV lights and goods in the back of the store. The right eye sees them as bright purple lights and everything is bathed in a bright purple glow. The left eye sees it as very dark purple light and the lights themselves appear black.

but so far its better than letting nature take it's course.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
No surgery required for the vast majority of people...

www.smart-publications.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
My mom just had cataract removal in both eyes, in the same week since we had to go 6 hours away, and she is 86. She did fine and recovered quickly without problems.

The thing is, she has had to wear tri-focal glasses for many years but now she just wears prescription reading glasses. They've come a long way with lens development and I'll bet you'll be glad when it is all over...your vision ought to be almost the best it's ever been...without glasses or contacts, probably!

Best wishes for an uneventful experience and speedy recovery!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
hi.. I got my cataract shield glasses today from the RSB and omg what a difference. Get my prescription glasses prolly thursday or friday but am coping with the lighting now and the sunlight. The glasses are fantastic and my eyes can hold out until the op.

I cant believe how much better I feel from just wearing them today.

And heaps of people are saying... oh, don't worry, it is no big deal (about the OP procedure) so if an 80 yr old can have the OP and be ok and have sight restored then I am not going to be a pussy about it lol

I am not as scared about it now. thx so much for your replies and a big hi to you Annie...been ages. Hope you are well.

Natalie

new topics

top topics

join