It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why do most people do bad things even though they know it's wrong?

page: 2
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What makes you think MOST people do bad things?

I know we hear about them more, because they make more sensational headlines, but that doesnt mean that MOST people do these things.




posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Because in random everyday life out and about in the big city, I would say at least 75% every day events/people/behaviors I witness/observe are atrocious and disrespectful/violent to anyone who's a stranger and probably family members too. Couples loudly cussing, fighting in the supermarket, adult strangers starting a fight on the metro and at each others throat on the metro, purse snatchings, muggings, razors being pulled, gunshots so common like nothing to even acknowledge, kids jumping other random kids and beating them up to unconciousness or worse, car jackings, junkies and crack whores soliciting on most ever corner, cabbies shot dead in broad daylite just to avoid a fare, the list goes on and on something new and sad everyday even just on the way to or from work.

The other roughly 25% (probably way less) are people/events/behaviors with manners, respect, good intentions toward others. I'd say even at work and what goes on behind the scenes as far as salaries, raises, kickbacks, under the table deals, discrimination, off color comments and attitudes, indeed people are generally selfish and see the world from only first-person. So yeah thats why I say most. Why most do more bad than most good?



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
Because in random everyday life out and about in the big city, I would say at least 75% every day events/people/behaviors I witness/observe are atrocious and disrespectful/violent to anyone who's a stranger and probably family members too. Couples loudly cussing, fighting in the supermarket, adult strangers starting a fight on the metro and at each others throat on the metro, purse snatchings, muggings, razors being pulled, gunshots so common like nothing to even acknowledge, kids jumping other random kids and beating them up to unconciousness or worse, car jackings, junkies and crack whores soliciting on most ever corner, cabbies shot dead in broad daylite just to avoid a fare, the list goes on and on something new and sad everyday even just on the way to or from work.

The other roughly 25% (probably way less) are people/events/behaviors with manners, respect, good intentions toward others. I'd say even at work and what goes on behind the scenes as far as salaries, raises, kickbacks, under the table deals, discrimination, off color comments and attitudes, indeed people are generally selfish and see the world from only first-person. So yeah thats why I say most. Why most do more bad than most good?


so you say most because you only notice the people doing bad things. Not the people doing good. You see what you are looking for.

Start looking for the positivity, and you will see it.



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture
 


Because those 75% are going with the flow, while the other 25% are swimming against that current. I'm not sure that I agree with that ratio, but the principle remains the same. And I don't think that it is a modern thing, it is just far more noticable the more crowded the situation that you live in. Much more bad examples than good to be followed, and it is often the 'bad attitude' that is the easiest option when faced with that example.

Have you ever heard of The Behavioural Sink by John B Calhoun?

en.wikipedia.org...

eprints.lse.ac.uk...

This is also another excellent article...

www.violence.de...

...which explains a lot about why so many individuals are detached from consequence on an internal level.



new topics

top topics
 
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join