It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students punished after stripper pole party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Three students at Jacksonville University have been punished for installing a stripper pole in an on-campus apartment and taking pictures as fully clothed women performed on it at a party. A female student who won a dance contest also was disciplined. About a dozen women competed for a $100 Victoria's Secret gift certificate September 11, said James Foster, a 20-year-old who hosted the party. None of the women disrobed.

The men bought the steel pole from The Home Depot, bolted it to the concrete ceiling and attached the bottom to a plywood stage covered in red felt.

"Honestly, we just wanted to say we had a stripper pole," Foster said. "We never actually expected girls to dance on it."

But dance on it they did indeed. Although, there was no nudity involved. Shows what a girl will do for a coupon for bras and panties.

Signs reading "Pole Dancers Wanted" were posted around campus and the men bought large quantities of beer. Friends were enlisted to check identifications and manage security. They charged $5 for men, and women were let in free.

A school spokesman says that the rules that they broke include the university alcohol rule, and changes to school propertity.

The party ended after the beer ran out, and mind you, there was no nudity!

"The university took this seriously and the punishment was appropriate." (Punishments at the university can range from a reprimand to dismissal.) All the guy had to do was write an aplogy letter and is on probation.

Others feel like this party degraded women. It was their choice to dance, nobody was forcing them to do it. They just wanted the gift certificate, nobody held a gun to their head and said DANCE! It was their choice. "There are other ways they can go out and get a girlfriend if that's what they want" one resident said.

On a lighter note, the men have taken down the pole and converted the stage to a pingpong table.

Related News Links:
edition.cnn.com

[edit on 25-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I was thiiiiis close to posting that MacKiller...lol

What man doesn't dream of having their own strip pole?!

My favorite line..."Honestly, we just wanted to say we had a stripper pole," Foster said. "We never actually expected girls to dance on it."

- That's great - I want someone to put that on my tombstone

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
"installing" it was altering school property, so of course they were made examples of...

Didn't expect girls to dance on it.....yeah, right...

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A stripper pole...
Isn't that what every little boy wants for Christmas growing up?

And if they didn't think girls would dance on it, why did they just happen to have a gift certificate for Vicotria's Secret?

More power to them. Maybe they can get a career installing stripper poles.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
More power to them. Maybe they can get a career installing stripper poles.

I can see it now...their marketing slogo would be something like:

"Our untapped market helps you find your untapped market!"

top topics

join