It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Police Arrest 10 in Anti-Terror Raids... By the Future Police?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
online.wsj.com...

French Police Wednesday arrested 10 people linked to radical Islamic groups in several cities across the country as part of a crackdown following a string of terror attacks in southern France that stunned the country last month.

The police arrested people who are suspected of having spent time—or planning to spend time—participating in terrorist activities in Afghanistan or Pakistan, Pierre-Henry Brandet, the French Interior Ministry's spokesman, said Wednesday.

The arrests were carried out just one day after the Paris prosecutor François Molins said his office dismantled a radical Islamic group that allegedly acquired weapons and trained with the aim of conducting acts of terror. Thirteen members of the group are now being questioned by antiterrorist magistrates, who can decide to put them under formal investigation.

Brandet said the 10 people arrested Wednesday have no connection with the dismantled group or with Mohammed Merah, the man suspected of having killed seven people in three attacks in and around Toulouse last month.

The Wednesday arrests come as President Nicolas Sarkozy, who is seeking re-election this spring...

Emphasis added by me.

Sorry for quoting half the article... but this is disturbing.

People who have no proven ties to anything... that are suspected of doing something, or possibly doing something in the future... are being arrested and held, before they even decide whether to formally investigate them.

The Future Police have arrived in France.

If you are Muslim in France right now... be careful. I am afraid the fear-mongering has hit full-force there.

And this is at the same time that the US and France sent a letter to the UN about Syria. Seems the US has France firmly entrenched in its foreign policies...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I don't know if jumping the gun and screaming future police is the right thing to do here. Someone suspected of showing interest in a terrorist group and suspected of attempting to join at a later date can be arrested, held and questioned. Of course they can't be charged with any act in which they were not complicit, but that attempt to begin training certainly warrants an arrest and at least questioning. If it follows a certain countries laws, so be it. It's not like they're getting charged for the next terror attack.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I don't know if jumping the gun and screaming future police is the right thing to do here. Someone suspected of showing interest in a terrorist group and suspected of attempting to join at a later date can be arrested, held and questioned. Of course they can't be charged with any act in which they were not complicit, but that attempt to begin training certainly warrants an arrest and at least questioning. If it follows a certain countries laws, so be it. It's not like they're getting charged for the next terror attack.

The point is, when is the line drawn before they start "suspecting" any person that doesn't agree with the government?

If they had proof that they were tied to one of these groups... they wouldn't be suspects... they would be members.

I see it as warming the water around the frog.

First you find it acceptable that an Islamic that hasn't been proven to do anything is arrested. Tomorrow it's your neighbor.

Someone pass me my tin-foil...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
how is it they are able to pull something like this off yet they claim to have had that Merah Al-Qaeda guy under surveillance and he ends up killing those paratroopers and kids....somethings not right.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

We've had ' precrime' arrests here in Australia too, for sometime now.

In Victoria you can be arrested for 'looking like' a protestor and for what you 'might' do...adn they dont need the justification of terrorism either...they just do it.

Shrugs..this is what you/we all get when you/we all accept their crap lying down.

Ro

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

I see it as warming the water around the frog.

Pun intended? Since this is France we're talking about

I agree that this is scary. Whatever people think or intend to do, arresting them beforehand and before any crime is committed is over control by thought police.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty, or in this case until you do something to be guilty of?

France's liberte, egalite, fraternite only extends so far these days it seems.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Nammu because: spelling

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
in my video i can catch what may attack.
likewise, catch them.
disclose.tv/kenny/
disclose.tv/kenny
study my religion.
it is about Boba Fett.
conquering
kennys
cloned
from
vessels
because YOU want me.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KennyDurazo

If you're going to post giberish, at least make it relevant.....

Way to kill the thread Kenny!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

I agree that this is scary. Whatever people think or intend to do, arresting them beforehand and before any crime is committed is over control by thought police.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty, or in this case until you do something to be guilty of?

Where did you get the idea that France was a free country?
They are not a democracy and have you seen the income tax rates?

I have coat tail relatives in France and they would give everything to move to the US.

Although the bloom did fall off the rose when they realized that we don't have free health care and we didn't get 6 weeks vacation and retirement in not a fully funded venture.

But not having as much freedom lets them scoop scumbags off the street without some bleeding heart lawyer going to the news media.

new topics

top topics

join