It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calamity Upon The Earth - New very interesting montage of strange current events. Must see!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
A big chunk of the sun is on it's way to us, I won't be surprised if it's what turns the moon red as said in Revelations.
I reckon we don't have the luxury of time at all, and it will be a complete breakdown of communication if such a thing should strike our satelites out of orbit - surely it will be capable, even if it's lost momentum? I think when December comes the last life will leave, before that we will be toast. I have read so many things, and I am not an alarmist, and it's not about the Bible, it's about so many cultures and religions and teachings, from the Pyramids, to the Myan calendar. The teachings which are God-given, because man could think all this up. You are duly warned -.-

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LaborofLove

So when there is no color change to the Moon, which by the way is close to a New Moon, will you realize that you allowed the hoaxers to get you all twisted up by their ludicrous hoaxes?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Nice video you posted. I enjoyed watching it. There are a lot of interesting things in the video that i believe are real however i can't help but feel that it was put together to provoke more of an emotional response. Response that result mainly from scare tactics or fear mongering. It would have been nice for the author to have date stamps for each video section. Because anyone can take a bunch of old and new videos and slap them together to claim the end of the world is coming. Despite that It was interesting and really gets you thinking that something might be on the horizon. S+F

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Terrence McKenna was a brilliant man. It's such a shame that he isn't here now

I've already said this in another thread (which died I think) so I'll post it here, as I think it would contribute to this discussion.

Things are definitely changing. I used to be very skeptical of most threads like this on ATS, but now I see the evidence all around me, not only on the news, but in my own locality. The world is changing, things have gotten out of control (politically, economically, and environmentally) and I think we are definitely at the breaking point now. It just seems so strange to me that everything started getting really bad between the transition of 2011 and 2012. I never used to believe that anything was going to happen in 2012, but now I'm starting to really wonder if there may be some validity to this. In the past decade alone we have all seen the amount of horrendous earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, and hurricanes, and with every year that goes by the disasters seem to get more and more frequent. It's not just limited to natural disasters either, but also a shift in our consciousness. Look at the amount of protests and uprisings that have taken place in the last year alone. People are sick & tired of the way things are now and they are becoming less fearful of TPTB every day. I don't think anybody can deny that this year is the last straw. The whole planet has hit a level of absurdity that I very much doubt it can recover from without some BIG changes. If something is going to happen this year, I don't claim to know what it is. I don't think anybody knows exactly what will happen. But I feel that maybe I used to be too skeptical now that I have taken a good look at what's going on around me.

Incidentally, I was listening to an old archived episode of Coast to Coast AM the other night (I think it was from June 2011.) It was open lines night and one guy phoned in telling George that he works in the warehouse of a pharmaceutical distribution company, and that anti-anxiety medications are flying off the shelves at an alarming rate. George went on to say that in the past two years he has noticed that people everywhere seem very jittery and anxious. This makes me wonder if people can sense or feel that something is imminent, yet they don't know what. Maybe most people are starting to pick up on some kind of subconscious vibe? Since around 2006/2007 I have 'felt something in my bones', but I don't know what; or why. And before anybody says "It's all in your mind! You've just been reading too much about these Mayan prophecies" etc...

No. That isn't the case. I felt that something was weird even before I had heard or read about this Mayan calendar stuff. I didn't hear about this 2012 stuff until around 2009, because I never used to care about anything like that. I don't mean to say that I have anxiety problems or anything. I don't. I've just become more aware... of everything.

Once again. I don't know what will happen, or how, I just know that something is afoot. I don't know if it's good or bad, or how long it will last. I don't really know anything about it at all. I just know that strange things are beginning to happen all over the world. Maybe Terrence McKenna is right. Maybe we're reaching the Singularity. There may be a huge shift in our consciousness as we know it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
As I have stated before in other threads, I am not a doomsayer.

Now to put that into perspective, I am also not blind. I do observe the goings on across the planet like many of you do but I tend to think of things in a different way. Climate shifts, EQ's, Solar maximum cycle, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc, etc...

I personally don't see this as a culmination...build up...call it what you will. I don't see these things as portents and signs. My personal opinion is that the earth is just moving into another cycle...a cycle it has always had and we were not around for the previous ones. Does that mean it is going to be a pleasant ride? Probably not. Do I see it as some fulfillment of some prophecy? Nope.

Remember what I have said before. Humankind has really been blessed over the last 20,000 years or so with a "quiet" earth and it has been this "slumber" that has allowed our species to flourish. The earth...geologically/historically speaking...has always been a violent place. We have just been lucky. Sooner or later, the "normal" (as in "violent") earth had to wake up and return to being it's old self again.

Edit to add:

Do I feel like things are going to get really bad? Yeah, they probably will. Not because "it was foretold" but because "bad" is the norm for this old rock.
edit on 4/20/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

The notion that natural disasters are increasing is not really true in general. The only natural disasters that are increasing are floods and that has been documented as being due to man made causes such as construction and deforestation and moving into flood zones.

Are things really that crazy? What about the 60s? What about the times times leading up to the 2 world wars?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
To me it seems that we live in an era of super-connectedness unlike any other point in the history of the universe and because of that we are much more aware of things that happens in the world at any given point. Simply put, the amount of information is so great that we are able to see everything happening at the same time or at least in a very small window of time, and that's why this video is so shocking to see.

Also, I have to give the editor the credit he deserves as the montage is very well done, many YT videos last half of this and are not nearly as interesting as this one.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Watching this makes me want to bury my head in the sand...until whatever is going to happen...happens. But I'll stand and watch it all unfold.

Not scared. Not even sad.

Just tired and wanting to know the answer. To see the next turn of time that has happened at so many points in earth's history and we as humans actually are so ignorant and smug to think it won't ever happen in our lifetime because we know everything. We know nothing.

I am anxious to witness this and have been knowing something will happen in my lifetime since I could understand the World around me.

Peace

do you think kids are smug?

What is it with this need for self destruction, wish it on yourself, not my kids

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LaborofLove

There is no doubt that there are changes occurring. Now, if you want to talk prophecy we can...However, we must do that with the right frame of reference.

The present day mind has no way of COMPLETELY understanding ancient prophecy. Why? Firstly, our society is hyper-imaginative. Secondly, the ancients tried to relay images that they couldn't really describe with the language and frame of reference that they had.

You have got to realize, if a prophet of ancient times received a vision of the 9/11 tragedy, that would have seemed apocalyptic to his/her mind. Was it terrible? Surely. However, to the modern mind, all it was was a tragedy.

That brings me to the current state of affairs. We have meteorites falling out of the sky....We are having all these strange aerial anomalies;we are having very weird weather patterns; to top it off, we have the "powers that be" preparing for a full scale world war. I completely understand why people are scared.

However, people need to understand that we are living at the end of the fourth world age. Most people would say, "Yeah, the world is coming to an end." Um, yes and no. The world as we currently no it will no longer be. This is true. Here is a link for a better understanding of the world ages: Fourth world to the fifth world

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

There are no ancient prophecies associated with 2012, certainly not Mayan prophecies.

You might check out whether or not you are mixing Aztec and Mayan beliefs in your end of the 4th world claim.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Too true! What if you looked at is this way?

After the beginning was a struggle, and the struggle led to good and evil and a seemingless endless battle. What if God left Man to decide whether he wanted to be good or evil, and now after all this time we are still battling to be good even though it seems like its all bad? And God has decided enough, He will end this life, this existence, and start life elsewhere? A new Eden if you will, where life isn't about battling sin, where we can live invent, marry and hopefully not live such painful lives? This is my hope.... We will all die eventually right? So why not all at once so that the next generation is one of peace that we have prayed all those Our Father's for.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join