It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] I Was a Paid Internet Shill [HOAX]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

8 pages and not a single reply? He got what he wanted and is outta' here.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Oops, make that nine...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
Good story, but it is worthless if you didnt sneak out any training manuals for the rest of us!

Imagine the wealth of information we would have if you managed to get these manuals and upload for the community to see.

He gave a very strong, detailed overview. A manual could easily be compiled, based off the information provided in the OP.

Or at least a bullet-point pamphlet, which is all we really need, anyway.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Eidolon23 because: Rule number one about Shill Club: you do not talk about Shill Club.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Of course you were
lol

Never heard this one before.

Let me guess, you probably arent even from this planet right?

AS IF a paid shill would come one here and admit it. Put this in the creative writing where it belongs.

How do i know you are not a paid shill?? Because i am one too......

BRB off to report this to my superiors...hope you have a bullet proof vest

edit on 4-4-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

link   
I call SHENNANIGANS!

Originally posted by ExShill
The rest of the day was taken up with training. Another staff member, a no-nonsense woman in her thirties, was to be my trainer, and training would only last two days.

and then

after a few weeks of this I became very emotionally wedded to the pro-Israel ideas I was pushing. There must be some psychological factor at work…a good salesman learns to honestly love the products he’s selling, I guess. It wasn’t long before my responses became fiery and passionate, and I began to learn more about the topic on my own. “This is a good sign,” my trainer told me. “It means you are ready for the next step: complex debate.”

Looks like you #ed up your own story. If training was only 2 days long, that person wouldn't have been your trainer after "a few weeks"

Nice fictional account though. Personally - I find it easier to simply SAY what's on my mind and not hide it within some made-up story.

link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23
reply to post by Unity_99

I think of them as military/paramilitary/fbi/cia even, the desk jobs. Not just people who are out of work as that would leave an enormous amount of people who know too much. But the dark side minion jobs where they have you contracted and under their thumb, threats to the family the whole bit. That is how I see it.

Consider for a moment that State assets account for a very small percentage of the field. Virtual states, corporate entities, political parties, marketers, and more all stand to benefit from public opinion engineering. Probably there are "consultant" style high-ticket shills, and probably there are trashy little operations like the one described in the OP.

Volume vs. quality. You get what you pay for.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Eidolon23 because:

Yes I do think that, that the ruder ones or dog in the manger types on popular threads may just be low trained ones.

But, those who are masters at it, write up many threads on subjects, are very good at dealing with people, follow the Brotherhood type rules alot or mason ones, work hard at being very good at their posts, have inside knowledge, befriend others and can go round the clock basically on their work, I always suspect that they are on a much higher level job, black op type, and may not be actually rewarded for it but earning advancements or certain freedoms or some other perk. Some may change their minds, start to give their own views even write things up for their own views, and then get put back in line.

But having multiple accounts, some for the easier jobs, some for the bigger trends in shaping views and agendas, then the agenda changes and they change.

Ufology experiencers get befriended by others, often also experiencers, but they seem to have para military backgrounds, retired early due to injuries, all kinds of situations, and need alot of nudging, reminded what Family and our true home is like. I'll not forget the time when, during an event that took place that day, I had written to two online friends about it, the one sharing that he had had a similar event, then for 2 days we had scout planes out back and an exotic craft joined them. So I've known this for three years now, what is happening online.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Not really buying it lol. Not saying there is no such thing, but your story just doesn't add up for me. Why would it be so seedy and spy like? No reason for that just because it seems like a seedy type of job. Sounds like the script for a black & white B movie. The story actually sounds vaguely familiar.

What "crumbling" building in SF? I'll go check it out.

edit on 4/3/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

That being said by a dude with a black cat background that doesnt believe and automatically discredits the OP. I find it quite amusing. I need no further proof than that

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by fleabit

You know, I almost expect it on the political and 9/11 forums. But when they flood the UFO and solar flare threads...... gets ya to thinking..... why.

They are not "flooding" any forum. Not even the 9/11 or political ones. Heck, I'm a believer in UFOs, but I've been called a paid disinfo agent more than once because of comments about certain cases I felt were ridiculous. All it takes is a somewhat stable viewpoint on any topic, and you will be called a disinfo agent by someone. After making some posts in the 9/11 forum, I was accused multiple times of being a paid shill. So.. no, there are not a lot of "shills" out there - there are a lot of people though, who will use that line in their "defense" when arguing against a point they can't win. It's sort of the last line of defense against a well reasoned argument. "Oh.. well.. yea.. then you're a paid disinfo agent!"

Try discussing stuff in a religion forum from a reasonable atheist mindset...you will find people demand your like literally a horned demon typing away behind a keyboard (demonic keyboard does sound pretty awesome though...thinking glowing red led lights under each key when you type it, etc...hmm...could be good gamer gear)

which begs the question why would an atheist waste time arguing in religious forums?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
if i would be an owner of ats..i would invent that story to motivate people to become "gold members"..because with that story people feel like in a movie..

but really:
u were inspired by RUBICON
(GREAT SERIES)

no doubt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Of course you were
lol

Never heard this one before.

Let me guess, you probably arent even from this planet right?

AS IF a paid shill would come one here and admit it. Put this in the creative writing where it belongs.

How do i know you are not a paid shill?? Because i am one too......

Seriously this thread could easily make the shills stand out. Havent read the other 7 pages but im sure I can see the patern more clearly.

Shake the bushes a bit and a dozen shills start to run naked in all directions

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

And ... a lot of shills will use the "they just call me a shill cause I disagree with them" line ...

works both ways ... still doesn't prove or disprove that you or me are or are not paid shills ..

And I could be a lizard-type alien posting on this site, too.. can't prove or disprove it. But odds are.. I'm not.

What would the point of a paid shill be? For example, on the 9/11 board - for all the people that post there (or read there), do you think for a moment that someone's opinion (paid or otherwise), will change their mind or their stance? If there is one thing I've learned - people like being right. They have their "side" of things, and it would take a force of nature to cause them to change it. How many UFO debunkers are now believers because of what people posted? Or vice-versa? How many people honestly do a 180 and change their stance entirely?

Its not about changing the minds of those already entrenched ...

its about influencing those lurkers reading the threads who are still on the fence ...

... really you should know better

I bet there are lurkers reading this right now who have not really considered the question of paid shills and our argument and how well we make it will influence them in forming their own opinion ..

You ever see thread about Tibet or the Dali Lama? The Chinese shills come out enforce

edit on 4-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This thread could have been made to gather information on what people actually feel or know about shills and their experience with them. For all I know Its actually good because we don't seem to have shill emoticons. A friend said he believed they were contracted to sites, and that if they just came out they could be harmed physically even, and he believed they were mostly cia, different versions of that in different countries.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Who says you need two operatives to run that con? One-man bands are more cost effective, and I'd imagine that's where we'd start running into our up-scale "consultant" types.

Madness! Madness, I say!
edit on 4-4-2012 by Eidolon23 because:

Very true. This story or account is valuable because it gives info on possibilities that I never really put any thought into. It's reall easy to see and work up strategies and figure out their possible tactics.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
and btw : you lost me when u said u are still pro israel ... when u really discussed that topic long enough and are intelligent as you seem to be..you would not be pro israel.
(but as a faker you would think that this sounds "trustworthy")

edit on 4-4-2012 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I posted a thread a while back, which gave proof of shills at work in the activist end of the web. It even gave IP numbers of those who have been busted. I wonder how many of them IPs match posters on here. Because you can count your life on it, that there are shills at play on this site.

the aforementioned thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They're here, and there's nothing you can do to stop them. They'd never admit to it, so calling out anyone for being a shill is poitless, also it kind of singles out people who probably aren't shills, but have different opinions to some. Not eveyone who dissagrees with conspiracies, is a shill.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't believe a single word of your story.

Not because I do not believe coordinated internet propaganda is being conducted, but because of the writing style.

It's written like a novel, it really is painfully obvious. No normal person writing a report on real events would use style elements like flickering lamps.

Seriously it reads like a cheap detective story from the 50ies.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Perhaps this ex-shill is a double agent shill posing as an ex-shill (badly) to make it seem, using a reverse psychology of sorts, that real shills cannot exist.

My work is done here ...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Paid?! Shill?
Do you have a pay-stub as evidence?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Yes I was wondering if this wasn't a thread to gauge what people thought about shills, and their MO.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth
Paid?! Shill?
Do you have a pay-stub as evidence?

yeah hes gonna post it - the memo line will say "shill work" ...

What's a pay stub gonna prove?
edit on 4-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join