It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] I Was a Paid Internet Shill [HOAX]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Far to many details and reads to much like a novel for me to believe. However, if the OP does check back in to read the responses, I suggest that he turns it into a novel and get it published I would read it. Of course he would have to add the part where they come after him for exposing the operation and how he got away.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ExShill

This thread reminds me of another thread created by a supposed internet troll, shill, what have you. www.abovetopsecret.com... although your story is much better, more details, and all around enjoyable to read. It should be obvious to most ATS'ers that these people do indeed exist, so if people on here don't believe you don't take it personally, that's just how it rolls around here.

I'm not surprised GLP banned you. They ban everyone. You can do a quick search right here on ATS and you'll discover many, many threads created by ex GLP'ers who just have to tell us their story of getting banned. And good riddens too, GLP is a terrible site, from the community, to the staff, to the awful design. Honestly, I have no idea why its so popular. Maybe because you can post as an "anonymous coward" instead of registering?

edit on 4-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Post a photocopy of your W-2 tax forms with personal information redacted and then we will believe you.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I don't really care whether this story is true or not, it doesn't matter. What matters is, its highly likely there are groups of people being payed and instructed to redirect and influence people online. This is a no duh thing here. They do this every night and day in the MSM and without anonymity, the process and procedures are right there in front of everyone's face, the agenda is obvious and the direction they want to influence people is obvious. Pro Israel...Why would this be limited to TV media?

Of course they would be utilizing the internet, the net is quickly becoming the #1 source of information for everyone...The rating drops for major news networks is evidence of this.

I say pro Israel because I don't think I can remember a time when MSM was critical of Israel in anyway significant...according to the MSM you would think Israel is the best thing since sliced bread...The stories they choose to focus on tend to usually be very sympathetic to Israel/Jews. Israel is usually portrayed as the "victim' in whatever news story that involves them.

I find some of the information in the story very interesting personally and pretty credible in a practical sense. The "method" they would train someone to do such a thing as "shill' seems pretty cost-effective, doesn't seem like a lot of resources went into it other than "finding the right type of person" and handing them a binder with talking points.

This really isn't any different than what news anchors/talking heads do every night. Put Bill Oreily behind a computer with a neat avatar and an anonymous name and you wouldn't know the difference between him and what a "shill" would sound like.

I believe in shills or moles or paid propagandists or whatever you want to call them...so whether or not the OP's story is true or not doesn't matter to me...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I know it's not true, and it's a creative writing attempt so I will give it to you straight. It's not bad.
It reads like a short story. Not too bad. I will say the amount of secrecy and effort they put in being mysterious is completely exaggerated for a place that essentially pays to troll. They would never have to be that secretive, if they were secretive at all.

I write stories myself maybe I'll post some someday, look forward to your future posts.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I would suggest that although the op is pure fiction, that they are actually still a shill.
Just some kind of bluff or double bluff.
I also feel that they hold other accounts on ATS.
Having run forums myself in the past, I expect that the admin area here on ATS has IP checking facilities, so I would be interested to find out which other members have logged in to ATS with the same IP as the OP.
The original post also brings in the subject of israel, so if this is from a shill, they are probably logging who focuses on that point, and uses all feedback in preperation for their upcoming project..
Are ATS admin able ti give any clues on the IP and if it has been used on another account?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ExShill

How does one counter something like Nyan Cat?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
There is an easy way to prove if some of what he is saying is the truth, You said your In IT ok what IT. Someone ask him some IT questions that he cant look up on the web.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I could swear this has been posted before but with less details. Anyway, why would someone sell their soul for virtual blood money such as that is repugnant. Kudos for potentially opening many of our resident imbeciles' minds to the very real dilemma of paid shills on sites such as this one.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Nyan cat is unbeatable same thing with business cat, insanity wolf, and cats that look like Hitler ps I bet he used that one a few times. Hey i bet your cat looks like this
to someone who you disagree with then everyone laughs

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Now that you have come out with it, ill confess... no wait, I like getting paid for this.. Okay im joking and I think the OP is fishing for shills. I believe he made this up in hopes that "paid shills" will hint at or just come out of the wood works to confess they're a shill.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 4-4-2012 by strafgod because: Note to self: proof read!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ExShill

It's a great little story sir; however, I think you are a liar! I do NOT believe this story for a second, and thus you will be marked by me on this website from now till the end as a liar for even trying to promote such a story as this. This is my opinion, but I consider it a FACT!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ExShill

Were you posting as "JADR"?.
Had many interesting conversations (flames) with "Jewish And Definitely Retarded".

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by djyorkie
I would suggest that although the op is pure fiction, that they are actually still a shill.
Just some kind of bluff or double bluff.
I also feel that they hold other accounts on ATS.
Having run forums myself in the past, I expect that the admin area here on ATS has IP checking facilities, so I would be interested to find out which other members have logged in to ATS with the same IP as the OP.
The original post also brings in the subject of israel, so if this is from a shill, they are probably logging who focuses on that point, and uses all feedback in preperation for their upcoming project..
Are ATS admin able ti give any clues on the IP and if it has been used on another account?

All that says is someone with a dynamic address uses the same isp and posts here too.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Well now, so many stars and flags for a rather mundane and predictable story.

I guess everyone wants to be "someone", and that unfortunately is what this is about.

A new member, wanting to gain a name for himself in the community.

And, now that i think about it, what a rather dubious way of entering a community, claiming to be a shill, and then, when no one believes him, he can merrily go ahead, and be a shill to his hearts content. If the story is true of course, which i highly doubt.

vvv

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I thought it was obvious there are shills on here?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Yeah this has been posted before. As soon as I read the first 3 or 4 lines I knew I had read that sometime last year almost word for word, but only the first paragraph.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Post a photocopy of your W-2 tax forms with personal information redacted and then we will believe you.

Only if you do yours! Are we seeing a new angle?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'm 100% sure I've read this story or a very similar one here on ATS a while ago. Anyway, astroturfing is becoming big business

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by RSF77

"I thought it was obvious there are shills on here?"

Yeah but I doubt the obvious shills get paid for anything

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join