It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] I Was a Paid Internet Shill [HOAX]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ExShill

Why is it I've seen this exact post a few months ago on here?
Written in the same way.
I cant find it now.

I don't believe you.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This is so weird, because I just noticed yesturday that amalgamation industries built a facility right here in sunny las vegas.

link   
reply to post by ExShill

Thanks for coming out with the truth. We all know this exists and in plenty. The fact that you were convicted to come forward is very important. You have given us insight as to how 'they' work and that is always a good thing to know.

The world is truly distorted and convoluted. Hard to walk a straight line sometimes but glad you finally did so.

link   
Go in peace,

and sin no more.

May the mods have mercy on your account.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Cool story bro'

If you wanted to influence a large group of people that may hold a view contradictory to your political/power goals................How would you spend your money to influence such a group?

Commercial advertising?

Documercials? --Documentaries with an agenda.

News medium?

Cyber attacks?

Pay someone to post on GLP?

Ummm.....

Funny....it seems that the OP has posted and run.

edit on 3/4/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
So who was signing the checks?If all they do is go around and get into arguments on forums and message boards how did they make any money?I think this is more of a story than a real deal.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Indeed the shills are all around us on this site, they get easy to detect after awhile though, since when their factual argument is countered, they usually change strategy between personal attacks, attacking the messenger, derailing the thread or "i wouldnt listen to that person/take him seriously" kind of slander in an attempt to make people stray from the thread.

I have a long list of definite shills i have already detected on this site, as well as their areas of interest, although i would probaby get banned for posting it so i won´t.

Some popular areas to attack (lots of shills hired in these areas it seems) i will disclose though.

Free energy techs, cold fusion(everything Andrea Rossi)

NASA/space pictures, anomalies getting "explained" away in ways that 99% of the people cannot understand anyway, that way those threads are easy to shill.

U.S Politics(Mostly Anti Ron Paul, i think we all know at least one of those shills by name... although he is pretty good)

Benjamin Fulford/Wilcock threads (Too much real truth there for some people to be comfortable)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Feel free to send them my name. I figure that if I'm already being called a shill I might as well get paid for it. How were the benefits?

That line you just used(and variations of it) is actually the No.1 defense used by the real shills.. (Taken straight from the shills handbook) and is the first thing they learn to use in order to "ridicule" the perceptive and fool the gullible...

Just a heads up, since if you are not a shill.... you might not want to use that line again (although i have seen others use that exact line on this site as well..)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Not buying it. Fly-by post from brand-new member. Check. Suspiciously well-written: check. Sorry, but it doesn't add up.

I have no doubt that this sort of thing goes on. But I will echo the concerns of others that I don't think the OP is the real deal.

Still, the tale tickled me. This is the first time I've ever been told I'm worth "50 to 100" other human beings, in any context.
Sorry, bro, I'm just a semi-retired character with a lot of time on my hands. Nothing to get your undies in a twist over.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I like the name "mole" better than shill. Want to combat the moles? You get the latest version of Back Track 5 R2 and learn how to use all the tools included in that distro. If your more ambitious, you can get online training at Offensive Security Training and Services. Then you can find out who they are!

www.offensive-security.com...

edit on 3-4-2012 by Captain Beyond because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExShill
The site-specific info in the second binder included a brief history each site, including recent flame-wars

You had me until you said that. Absurd. Brilliant fiction, this is entertaining to be sure, but I don't know that I believe you 100%.

You are a writer obviously.. but you provide too many specific unnecessary "story-building" details, it lends you no credibility, it's counter-productive for you.

I know there are paid shills out there in the world no question, especially those whose job is to support pro-Israel discussion. I just don't know that you are one of them.

Upon further reading, you gain slightly more credibility with me, but I'm not convinced. Regardless, thank you for posting this, at worst it's entertaining.. and even insightful, I'm sure the paid shills function in a very similar way to your story, with the same strategies. Having posted multiple threads that counter the pro-Israel view I understand how easy it is for someone to disrupt civil discourse by labeling someone a nazi or putting the OP on the defense so that they spend more time arguing and defending, than discussing the topic.
edit on 4/3/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I had my own doubts throughout; and I'm pleased to know that so many others had the same sort of "vibe" about this. I have to wonder what the motivation for such "confession" would be. Surely anyone who's actually done so much research would know that we're not that easily taken in.

All in all, I find the whole thing unsatisfying, confusing, and a little... is creepy the word I'm looking for? Maybe it was a test to see just how gullible we really are? Maybe TPTB are behind it after all?

IDK....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Come on people put your brains in gear.

Op writes his account and all the Govt drones come out of the woodwork. "Can't find it now but hasn't it been posted before." Then a whole bunch come in backing the statement up. What, none of them can use the search button. They all have awful memories.

ROFL - Nice story.

Govt drones tell me one thing. What stories are the ones they need to troll on. That says volumes. Do some research. All the info is on this site for anyone that looks for it. Remember that these shills have access to multiple accounts and the shills work in shifts. Look at the wording and sentence structure changes when the shifts change. It is all here!

P

link   
Hilarious!!! As if israel needed more schills than we already have out there

link   
What I found ... Quizzical... You remembered how many low fluorescent lights there were when walking down a dark seedy liniolium hallway. How the guy was sitting upon entering the office... Ect You authored a confession in the form of a book . Allowing us the reader to visualize each and every movement with feeling. So with that...

I do believe there are shady operations going on, people paid to discredit the truth ect... And I might just believe in the Government had something to do with it by the way you describe the office... Dark, seedy,dirty...However... What gave your story away... All government offices have a nice coffee commons and not once did you mention this in your description... Dead give away!! (LOL)

Anyways... Paid trolls to discredit someone or something... YES

.... Your writing a book about this aren't you? lol

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ExShill

If this confession triggers some kind of retribution against me, so be it. Part of being a real man in this world is having real values that you stand up for, no matter what the consequences.

1. Set the stage for disappearing or non-response.

There were a few long tables with folding chairs, at which about a dozen people were tapping away on old, beat-up computers.

2. Be descriptive while describing nothing.
Also, what are the chances that 'they' exist for the sole purpose of internet 'shilling' yet have beaten up, old computers?

I wanted to post this on Godlike Productions at first, but they have banned me from even viewing that site for some reason (perhaps they are onto me?). But if somebody connected with this site can get the message to them, I think they should know about it, because that was the site I spent a good 70% of my time working on.

3. Be sure to mention sites vey similar to the one you are using to 'confess'. i.e. Well if -he- did it there!!! (a place similar to here!!!)

I quit in September 2011.
>snip<
A few days ago I happened to be in the same neighborhood and on a whim thought I’d check out the old office. It turns out the operation is gone, having moved on.

4. Throw in the 'reason' this is on your mind, a 'whim' to drive past a building 6 months after quitting.

This is my confession. I haven’t made up my mind yet about whether I want to talk more about this, so if I don’t respond to this thread, don’t be angry. But I think you should know: Shills exist.

5. Give advance reason to post then sign off immeadiately, possibly never to return. (Add that to other users noting you blew through 20 posts quickly to post this thread and -then- signed off...)

Nicely framed story. I believe there are quite possibly shills among us. You, on the other hand, are a fairly decent writer. Perhaps you should try to get published...in the fiction section, of course.

edit on 4/4/12 by anniquity because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This is the first one of these posts I have seen.
It was entertaining, I'll give you that.

While I would like to believe you, I think I will sit on the fence for a bit.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by indy0725
So who was signing the checks?If all they do is go around and get into arguments on forums and message boards how did they make any money?I think this is more of a story than a real deal.

This is the easy part. Every faction have an interest in swaying public opinion, for whatever reason. In the example of the op, Israel lobbyists are of course paying, probaby the same guys as made that anti-ron paul ad as an example (that even ran on TV).

The free energy techs are probably being suppressed by Big Oil, and they have money... straight from OPEC i would wager.

You just have to use your brain and you will get the picture

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Not that I necessarily believe your story, but it sounds kind of like I'd imagine.

I think it's in the interests of governments and corporations to mold the opinion of people. It's definitely not below them. And then when they are done, they use it to bred distrust.

Yeah, that sounds like them.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
.... And then I took an arrow to the knee!

I'm with ya shill bro.

Ps, can you hook a buddy up? I need a raise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join