It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] I Was a Paid Internet Shill [HOAX]

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I believe the OP is lying and worst, pursuing an agenda. In fact I believe he has been 'hired' to post this. The result is obvious, 10 pages of speculation regarding the subject.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

I believe that caring about their reputation is important, for they wish to hold sway, and also to appear to be really good guys. And some of them are really good guys. Not everything is about lies and distortions, some could be assignment to release certain amounts of information. But reputation is critical to their organizations. I liked the people I was writing too and though I suspect alot of things, pray for them to be free. So there are different levels of shills, the ones on other forums to me, seem to be hired to cause trouble on threads and delight in getting negative reputation for some reason. Not all would be going after stars.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Yes I agree, which is what I stated. People were pointing out that he was doing it for stars and flags which didn't make sense to me considering they were saying he was hit and run on the same breath. I've been on this site for 7 years (longer as a lurker) and I don't even know what the point system is or what benefits it brings. All I care about it acquiring information and being able to discuss topics on an intellectual level that I wouldn't be able to with those that surround me. If I were a paid shill and I planned on staying anon, I would try to go for stars and flags because IMO it would be sort of like a currency to my ultimate goal. But I wouldn't do it at the expense of letting people know that I might exist, nor give any information on my possible methods.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Dude, you just quit my dream job. It's like being paid to participate in a full time debate tournament. Does it get any better than that?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Whether people think it is BS or not, the idea and the warning remains valid.

I agree, though whoever exshill might be, exshill is the least of my concerns from the shills I know of on this site. So far the shills that I know of have not made themselves present on this thread. Which tells me even though one shill confessed there are many more on this site. I find it funny that people are actually paid to be shill agents...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
There is no amount of "evidence" this guy could post that wouldn't be dismissed right out of hand ...

How convenient. I blame ATS.
They allow this nonsense to continue, breath and grow by creating skunk works/grey area.

Instead of having a place where people can discuss science and the paranormal, they have opened the door to this monthly garbage.

I guess by creating a forum called skunk whatever, ATS can avoid responsibility for anything.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Would it really be that easy to prove his story to you?

No, it would not prove "his story", but It would be a good start in making a case.

Easier for him to disappear, I guess.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth

There is no amount of "evidence" this guy could post that wouldn't be dismissed right out of hand ...

How convenient. I blame ATS.
They allow this nonsense to continue, breath and grow by creating skunk works/grey area.

Instead of having a place where people can discuss science and the paranormal, they have opened the door to this monthly garbage.

I guess by creating a forum called skunk whatever, ATS can avoid responsibility for anything.

Dude, I didn't say he is legit ...

I'm saying if he posted a pay stub from his employer it proves nothing

Since when do pay stubs come with job descriptions on them? I can make up a company name and create a fake pay stub and post it ...

Will any one believe me? I doubt it ...
edit on 4-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If this surprises anyone on this Forum that would actually surprise me!

Par for the course as I believe most of our news and media is controlled or at least manipulated.

Sort of like watching the "Hangover" a completely stupid movie that I did not laugh once about, but everyone told me how great it was!

It boils down to this form me anymore Watch what everyone else is doing, and don't do it

If this is true and you are sincere, perhaps now is the time to actually use what you know and fight the power!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Let's look at the fact of what this post achieves and that is to convince this site's members that there are shills out there. Whether there are or aren't is irrelevant. What any number of us believe about shills is too. The plain fact is that this post inspires paranoia and seeds the belief that information here cannot be trusted. That brings more chaos into this already chaotic site. Having a 'confession' allows members to trust you.

Like I said it doesn't matter what the truth is -- a real negative effect has been created here. It could not have been told to us without that effect though, so we can't accuse you of anything. At the same time many of us would have already guessed this but now people have something to fuel that belief. That is far worse in my opinion. It's like in the movie Othello where nobody trusts anyone and eventually they just fight with one another to the death. Mind games.

All of ATS may have been better off not hearing the OP as well as my own post here too. Now any time we hear a post that we strongly disagree with, we will be wondering if that person is a shill when in reality there are probably more just plain people promoting their own view. It doesn't really matter though because the truth stands despite how many lies lay beside it...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JackHill

I think he is paid to post that too. Also, he probably only revealed about 10% of his job, MO. And he would not want to answer posts because saying the wrong thing could have severe consequences.

I actually think there are a large amount of shills, though some have multiple accounts or all, so its not as many as the people on here, but I would almost think at times it could be a high percentage even.

Why is it that good threads about topics are ignored, or get 3 flags, and the typical nonsense or current false flag crime, get huge amounts. Is it because 50% are shills? Or is it because the few that work hard, at this, have created enough embarrasment around certain issues so most won't check in, like a meme or NLP.

Like ufology is a top forum but most threads get very few flags.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It must be true. Bacon Hat Bill Ryan's dweebs have chimed in!!

Project PISSalon, er, AVAlon Thread

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Information can be vetted, if your OP smells whiffy, follow up with their sources. (You should be doing that, regardless.
) And then, hopefully, develop an opinion of your own.

There are a whole bunch of articles that verify the existence of pay-for-play net operatives. Knowing that there are people paid to spin perfectly good information shouldn't inspire paranoia: it should provoke a lively sense of curiosity and a touch of righteous indignation.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Eidolon23 because: ...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I'm saying if he posted a pay stub from his employer it proves nothing

It does proves something. I didnt say it proves his BS story.
It proves he received money. For what?! That's the next step in determining the honesty of the OP.

Are you that gullible to think that I believe a pay-stub would prove he works for an agency that spreads disinformation. Wow. Seriously. WOW.

You gotta start somewhere and in a court of law, if someone claims they were paid for services then I expect to see documentation if I am listen any further.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ExShill

I just Googled United Amalgamated Industries, Inc.

OP, how very interesting your choice to use a real name of a real corporation
in your "coming out" thread.

Based in Redding, California, Corporation Wiki shows the company profile.

Interesting that is the first hit on Google too.

This particular thread that the OP has created is also on the front page of Google, however
its halfway down the first page of results.

edit on 4-4-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That is as much as he will share guys without being threatened I guess.

edit on 4-4-2012 by MrMysterion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Hey there, Silver Framed poster.

If the OP is correct, you have a psych profile worked up and available to even the grunt level ops. (I bet they contract out for that, too. One lone shrink providing dockets for a number of firms and contractors.)

If so, this tendency of yours to whip out the military-industrial/occult complex boogeyman at the drop of a hat is probably reckoned to be your chief weak spot. Which is a shame, b/c you are particularly effective in the Agriculture/GMO related threads.

To Megamind: Boom! Well played, bro.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

It is more funnier how there were several slip ups by the so called ATS shills the past few days. What is more surprising is that me and a close friend spoke saying stuff like:

What if ATS is in direct contract with such sub group organizations?

What if ATS has agents in it that are there to derail, promote and take a rise out of people?

Then bam !!!! this thread shows up roughly 1 - 2 days later.

Coincidence I shall think not

Additional to that I wonder how long until I will get banned for saying that
. Maybe they make up some reason of which it is illegal to think and post such thoughts. Even though ATS promotes free speech and free thinking but I do wonder if the text is just a magic peace of paper we all meant to believe. However, it would prove a theory correct and result in a lot of shock.

Takes out a detective pipe and starts smoking it
"LET THE BAN TIMER BEGIN"

edit on 4-4-2012 by MrMysterion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth
Are you that gullible to think that I believe a pay-stub would prove he works for an agency that spreads disinformation. Wow. Seriously. WOW.

indeed ...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join