It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] I Was a Paid Internet Shill [HOAX]

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Netizen empowerment:

It's a beautiful thing.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I call BS

It is totally the opposite way round, all i see is a massive anti Israel dis-info shills

Its absolutely rampant, youtube is blitzed by it, ATS is blitzed by it, this is my third account on ATS and hotmail in 6 months because when i engage these blatant BS propaganda shills my email accounts are hacked passwords changed along with my ATS accounts, so when i request a new PW, i can't access my e-mail and new PS, this is the only place i visit online other than a music forum i can't see it being one of my friend on there my finger is pointing directly at this place,

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
I don't believe a single word of your story.

Not because I do not believe coordinated internet propaganda is being conducted, but because of the writing style.

It's written like a novel, it really is painfully obvious. No normal person writing a report on real events would use style elements like flickering lamps.

Seriously it reads like a cheap detective story from the 50ies.

He is a writer. He was pretty upfront about that, as well as a facility with writing being in the hiring criteria.

That he takes a descriptive narrative approach doesn't detract from the veracity of his account. It's not as though he's flamboyant. He's just thorough.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
total bs

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth
Paid?! Shill?
Do you have a pay-stub as evidence?

yeah hes gonna post it - the memo line will say "shill work" ...

What's a pay stub gonna prove?

A pay stub would prove payment of work? No?!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Kudos on stepping into the light. It's sometimes obvious who the shills are on ATS. I've tangled with a few and am 99% sure of one in particular: MastaHunta, who I see has been banned upon checking just now. Looks like ATS staff picked up on this as well.

Keep up the good work - feel free to out the shills when you see them here on ATS. We'd all appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KpxMarMoTT

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Of course you were
lol

Never heard this one before.

Let me guess, you probably arent even from this planet right?

AS IF a paid shill would come one here and admit it. Put this in the creative writing where it belongs.

How do i know you are not a paid shill?? Because i am one too......

Seriously this thread could easily make the shills stand out. Havent read the other 7 pages but im sure I can see the patern more clearly.

Shake the bushes a bit and a dozen shills start to run naked in all directions

I suppose someone has to do it...right lol.

As if im really a shill...or am i..??

Fact is, if i were, i wouldnt tell you, but it could be a double bluff right lol

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Paid?! Shill?
Do you have a pay-stub as evidence?

yeah hes gonna post it - the memo line will say "shill work" ...

What's a pay stub gonna prove?

A pay stub would prove payment of work? No?!

No! It proves he was paid - maybe - I can fake one, can you? But paid for what exactly?

Just because he posts a pay stub by some company no one can find doesn't mean jack ...

Would it really be that easy to prove his story to you?

edit on 4-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
I call BS

It is totally the opposite way round, all i see is a massive anti Israel dis-info shills

Its absolutely rampant, youtube is blitzed by it, ATS is blitzed by it, this is my third account on ATS and hotmail in 6 months because when i engage these blatant BS propaganda shills my email accounts are hacked passwords changed along with my ATS accounts, so when i request a new PW, i can't access my e-mail and new PS, this is the only place i visit online other than a music forum i can't see it being one of my friend on there my finger is pointing directly at this place,

I'm sure every political faction has their shills on the clock: Liberals, Conservatives, Dems, GOP. It's part of the propaganda game.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Just wondering, did anyone ever check your work to make sure it met government BS standards?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Question for those that speak about the "gathering stars and flags for a false story" angle. For what reason would someone that is hit and run care about stars and flags? Flags bring more attention, so maybe from a egomania angle I can see the point.

But why would he care about stars unless he plans on posting here for a while? And what are stars for anyway besides giving the impression of backing? If he is a paid shill (in which case stars and flags would actually have currency), what good would he do by exposing info on his profession? Whether true or not (disinfo) he would do more harm in making others aware that people like him exist, and people in shadows do not like illumination.

How is this thread not beneficial by bringing awareness of real modern propaganda tactics to the greater ATS community including lurkers and once-a-monthers? ATS is probably the largest and well known alternative/conspiracy website on the web, lets not fool ourselves that people from all walks of life aren't effected in someway by the information disseminated within it.

The sheep are waking up to the MSM lies and propaganda, but many including myself at one time believed that interactive forums such as these contain real opinions from people all across the globe. Wouldn't it be for our benefit to know that in certain cases the possibility of paid shills are very real, and those "real opinions" are manufactored to push an agenda not of the poster? Wouldn't it bring awareness to certain tactics, and allow us to realize certain patterns? Sooner or later obvious ducks will be seen a mile a way by the way they walk, quack and swim.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

No! It proves he was paid - maybe - I can fake one, can you? But paid for what exactly?

Just because he posts a pay stub by some company no one can find doesn't mean jack ..

Well in the world of logic, if one claims to be a paid ANYTHING, first thing to do would be to provide proof of payment. Just ask Judge Judy.

Empty claim in which one provides no evidence reeks of BS.

edit on 4-4-2012 by ThisToiletEarth because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by MegaMind

Yes I was wondering if this wasn't a thread to gauge what people thought about shills, and their MO.

I think this would actually be quite counter-productive to his agenda. Short term gain, long term demise.

link   

I believe that caring about their reputation is important, for they wish to hold sway, and also to appear to be really good guys. And some of them are really good guys. Not everything is about lies and distortions, some could be assignment to release certain amounts of information. But reputation is critical to their organizations. I liked the people I was writing too and though I suspect alot of things, pray for them to be free. So there are different levels of shills, the ones on other forums to me, seem to be hired to cause trouble on threads and delight in getting negative reputation for some reason. Not all would be going after stars.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Whether people think it is BS or not, the idea and the warning remains valid.

Shills are always obvious....at least, the less talented ones are. I have to agree with the OP when it comes to pro-Israeli shills on Yahoo....they come out of the woodwork on any stories that have to do with Israel and are very busy giving thumb's-down to any post which doesn't tow the line with regard to Israel being the chosen land for the chosen people.

Shills only change minds when people are on the fence about an issue and need a push. For people such as myself who have a stubborn belief system, all they do is annoy me. I deal with them and move on to the next topic. It's not just topics about Israel and Zionism, either. There are shills working for the current administration pushing the government line, and the financial message boards on Yahoo are rife with shills trying to get suckers to invest their money in stocks ("pump and dump" schemes) that will most assuredly lose them their bankroll.

What people are failing to see with this post is a point the OP made: If the idea the shills are pushing is so righteous and just, why are shills needed in the first place? Answer: They are needed because the idea is unjust and has an evil underbelly which the shills work tirelessly to make sure is not exposed.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ExShill

Let me guess....like on this thread... one of the directives was to constantly check for new threads and flood the first page with distraction, detraction and boring stupidity to try to quell any momentum and plant an immediate seed of doubt right from the start.

I see this CONSTANTLY on ATS first pages, and is FAR too frequent for coincidence. If I was the moderator I would be culling like crazy. The shills are obvious.

Thanks. The narrative sounds exactly like it probably is, can't really be done by a computer.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm sure they're on youtube too. And also this slants the overall view on people. Most people to me, who write online, are seekers, intelligent and good. But the comments you see are so horrible, well, they're not the real people. But it gives a really bad view on what humanity is like, for most people are not like that. And for the posters saying mean things on youtube videos, you can assess videos often by their responses.

Ie. like a good thread, if a whole bunch are putting someone down or being negative. Well its probably info to look at.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

link   
Well the holidays are upon us.

How many times has this happened? 10 pages in and no more word from the OP after what seemingly is an interesting and very well written post.

I have an incredible feeling of Deja vu.

Just my 2 cents

link   

Indeed it is important to realize that the opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of individuals but rather they could be those of organized, paid, shills ...

A while back ATS had a poll that involved Ron Paul. Support for Paul in that poll was huge - very much in the majority. Yet when reading threads there is a disproportionate amount of "anti-Paulers", if you will, posting in threads.

Without those polls I would have guessed from the posts here at ATS that maybe half or more of ATS was anti Ron Paul.

Apparently those that oppose Paul are more vocal than those that support Paul. Hmmm...

Ron Paul Wins The ATS Straw Poll!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Just because he posts a pay stub by some company no one can find doesn't mean jack ..

Well in the world of logic, if one claims to be a paid ANYTHING, first thing to do would be to provide proof of payment. Just ask Judge Judy.

Empty claim in which one provides no evidence reeks of BS.

edit on 4-4-2012 by ThisToiletEarth because: (no reason given)

Yeah I'm OK with that (the BS part) but providing a pay stub proves nothing ...

You visit the UFO threads ... ever?

There is no amount of "evidence" this guy could post that wouldn't be dismissed right out of hand ...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join