It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Where Is He On The Political Compass?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Kali74

Meh

Bwhahaaaa some would call that a " moderate"

Look at that...you are a Paulite.

I've taken this in the past...I'm around (-6,-2)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So I am old senile and don't have a snow balls chance of ever being Potus?

I would have to agree.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

No comments on where Obama is?

If you read the comments on how they determined Obama's location, you will see that it is their interpretation on how he governs and not where he is ideologically.

If any of use were to actually govern...we would all be in the upper right quadrant due to the Constitution and Congress.

There is no surprises on that chart in regards of Obama.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I expected to be farther to the right, but I guess my stance against the death penalty pushes me left for some reason.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Everyone loves an authoritarian.

I'd be willing to bet that more than half the "libertarian" scorers will pull the lever for some authoritarian.
Most people are all "little Eichmans" and will support an authoritarian for any number of reasons.

Nobody wants to be told how to live their lives but so many want to tell others how to live theirs.

I got +3, -7.13

Nearly the same as it was when I first took it almost 5 years ago. It shows up in threads here at least a couple times a year.
edit on 4-4-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Regarding Obama's score, I am more than a bit surprised. I knew he would be in the upper areas of authoritarian, but economically I would have expected a more left-leaning , "share the wealth" type of result. I guess all the wars he's dragging the U.S. into has a major right-leaning effect on the score.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Authoritarian? The corporate system is a trans-national reality so I don't know how to address that gripe. But politicly Obama is certainly center and in many ways slightly to the right. He is the most moderate guy running by far, and so far removed from the Republicans who are in bed with any and all corporate interests so to compare him with the GOP, they are a whiny bought and sold joke.

And if you want your Sol REALY sold to the corporations fine, then vote for the Republicans. And Romney? Good God that twit changes his positions several times a day depending on which way the wind blows and the audience he is addressing. He is unbelievably pathetic, but at least a bit less an American Taliban like Rick Santorum. Pity the GOP will never accept Ron Paul, the man has principles and the rest? Don't get me started on that...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm almost the same as AnonymousMoose and AnonymousCitizen
www.politicalcompass.org...
Little bit Libertarian right.
edit on 4/4/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I had to take this Compass test in my high school AP US Gov. class. Like most people here, I was in the lower left corner. I retook it recently and I'm still there. Shifted around a little bit, but that's negligible.

I remember at the time, in class, we discussed the fact that pretty much every major American politician (even 'liberal' ones) is in the upper right quadrant of the grid. We came to the conclusion that America is basically a one party system even if it won't admit it.

It mystifies me how there's people on ATS who still believe that our problems are caused by any single ideology or political party - whether it be liberals, or conservatives, or Democrats, or Republicans. In American politics, especially the higher levels like the Senate or the Presidency, Democrans = Republicrats. Political parties and constructed ideologies (such as liberalism or conservatism, the classic and true definitions of which most people don't even understand) are theater invented to keep us (even those clever, corporate news-reading 'socially conscious' or 'active' citizens) mollified and misdirected and angry at each other while the real villains laugh their way to the bank.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sink the Bismarck!

I remember at the time, in class, we discussed the fact that pretty much every major American politician (even 'liberal' ones) is in the upper right quadrant of the grid. We came to the conclusion that America is basically a one party system even if it won't admit it.

Nailed it. We're ruled by money not ideologies.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

So not surprised.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I guess it's right IDK

Obama isn't leftist that is for sure.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This “quiz” is deeply flawed and it remarkably lacks any true philosophical inquiry. All it provides is a glimpse into the superficial side of a person’s politics. Of course if you actually consider Neoliberalism/Neoconservatism to be “far-right” I do not really expect anything great out of your quiz. But they are just attempting to satisfy the appetites of mediocre politicos with a loose grasp on base political philosophical concepts. I really should create my own political compass quiz, give people the real facts.

Anyway… here is mine.

Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +3.79
www.politicalcompass.org...

The fact that I, an anti-capitalist political-cultural Reactionary, am classified as moderately authoritarian and center-left should be more than enough evidence to prove the quiz is a joke.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Yeah, I thought it was a great deal of fun. I ended up the same place you and Kali did. It was interesting, to say the least. Great thread, Kali!

edit on 4-4-2012 by imalitehaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
First term, yeah. I bet if he gets elected to a second term, he'll be getting his pitches high and inside (he's a lefty).

Here's where I swing the bat:

edit on 4-4-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Not really all that surprising for a Soldier to be a little right...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

..or a little authoritarian

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

The people that voted him into office can only hope. If they don't all make the same decision I did which is to not vote. I think can fairly say that his second term will be only because the GOP lost.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
reply to post by Golf66

..or a little authoritarian

Meh, only a little. I was a fairly lenient Commander - then again I commanded Special Operations units so there was a lot of room for discretion. Commanding a unit that encourages outside the box problem solving can have its moments....

I was thankful I always had good mature Soldier's immaturity, guns and freedom of movement is not a good combination in a combat theater. I was gald I never got any of the shake-en-bake operators in the time frame when they were taking kids from High School to go Special Forces.

At least I am honest about where I stand - I don't believe for an instant that Barry O's true nature is as right as all that.

I'll buy the authoritarian bent but I'd bet his true nature had he no obstacles like checks and balances he'd be as left as Marx, Lenin or Stalin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join