It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Press Has Been Too Balanced in Covering Budget Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Obama: Press Has Been Too Balanced in Covering Budget Debate
By Fred Lucas
April 3, 2012
CNS News Article

Obama, at an Associated Press luncheon at the American Society of Newspaper Editor’s convention actually suggested that many news reports are fair and maybe even balanced !!

Well I suppose that could be true as long as we have two or more different opinions
on an issue or debate along with multiple reporting agencies and authors !!
(not to mention the 1st Amendment God forbid !!)

Maybe he was thinking out loud again and assuming that all press reports and articles
should be like China, North Korea, or the old Soviet Union !!

Hmmm......He's been a bit snippy lately too.

(CNSNews.com) – President Barack Obama told a gathering of newspaper editors on Tuesday that journalists were being too balanced in reporting on his conflict with Republicans over the federal budget.

“I guess another way of thinking about this--and this bears on your reporting--I think that there is oftentimes the impulse to suggest that if the two parties are disagreeing that they are equally at fault and the truth lies somewhere in the middle, equivalence is presented, which reinforces people’s cynicism about Washington in general,” Obama said. “This is not a situation where there is equivalence.”

“I’ve got some of the most liberal Democrats in Congress were prepared to make some of the most significant changes in entitlements that go against their political interest and who said they were willing to do it,” Obama added. “We couldn’t get a Republican to stand up and say we’ll raise some revenue or even to say we won’t give more tax cuts to people who don’t need them.”

He seems to be focusing on budget issues and proposals, and healthcare.

His conceited arrogance is slipping through again !

I guess he really can't stand those pesky Republicans in Congress.

But then again, this is no longer the 111th Congress of 2009/2010
(where the Democrats controlled all the Committees).

The story has an included video where you can see him bobbing his head and waving his arms.
(he throws in a few stutters and stammers and "eye blinking" hesitations, and some real stern looks)

He is also talking about healthcare issues and solutions being conservative ideas at first,
and says that the liberal ideas are "all of a sudden"

(CYA control maybe ?)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
When this whole 4 year period is over and a part of history I'll have to do some digging for pure curiosity. I'm curious how many days...total...have gone across his whole 4 years where he wasn't carried as a news item for something he said or did THAT DAY or one day either side of it. This is definitely the first time we seem to have a leader as in tune to media cycles and media desires as anything about the job he's supposed to be 100% focused on.

Too balanced though? Lol... I think it's very safe to say here that Fox wasn't part of his thinking as he said those words. I'm guessing he meant CNN, MSNBC and others on that other side of the political street. I suppose to a person who is many levels beyond the bias those networks have they might actually seem to be in the middle. ??

I dunno.. He may want to be very careful what he asks for though. He's talking about too balanced and how Republicans ....as he's saying this...are wrongly equated to Democrats. He might do well to notice even the big left leaning media networks aren't singing his praises anymore. The attention he's asking for may come AT HIM not with him.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

He may have had CNN on his mind !!

There has been some "opposite" and "balanced" reports from them lately.

He and the Administration are getting nervous !!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
"You are free to do what I tell you"
--B.H. Obama

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

If he is willing to be this bold in an election year with comments on the media and the supreme court, what on earth will he say if he wins the election and is then a lame duck president that can almost do whatever he wants?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
reply to post by xuenchen

If he is willing to be this bold in an election year with comments on the media and the supreme court, what on earth will he say if he wins the election and is then a lame duck president that can almost do whatever he wants?

He and the company will snub at all who question their agendas.

They will flood the country with executive orders and will take the
conceited arrogant attitude of
"let's do it anyway" because it takes time to get a challenge into court.

ObombaCare is a good example of that arrogance.
Although some already implemented parts of ObamaCare may actually be good,
there has already been some possible irreversible damage done.

Get ready and be prepared.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
He's right though.

When the democrats in Congress move toward the middle and put entitlements on the table (which goes against their view) and the GOP will still not negotiate to raise any revenues then who does the problem lie with?

Im not sure we read the same thing. You read the headline and I read what he actually said. Very well said too I might add.

join