It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALASKA: Samantha Koenig's body found

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I wanted to let everyone who posted on my first thread on the kidnapping of Sam to know that her body was found at Matanuska Lake. Isreal Keyes is not convicted yet, but is the main suspect in her dissaperence. There is still an open investigation on her abductors. The FBI and local Anchorage police are pretty sure its her body but not %100. You can search www.ktuuchannel2news.com for more information. If there is anyone that is a local Anchorage residents I would suggest dropping off flowers to her coffee shop "Common Grounds" at the corner of Tudor road and Old Seward Hwy in the Alaska Clubs parking lot, her favorite color was green. I have, and want others to contribute for the rest of her soul.

I just want to put the update out for those who have been following the previous thread about Sam

Alaska: Samantha Koenig Kidnapped last week.

I would post the link, but having troubles, if anyone can post a link, I would thank you!

God Bless, and have a high awareness about this because this can happen to any Aunt, Sister, mother, daughter.

Please keep positive thoughts and prayers for her family and friends.

edit on 3-4-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Huffington Post source article.

Original ATS thread reporting her disappearance. RIP Samantha and condolences to her family and friends.

ETA Video with background on suspect Israel Keyes here.
edit on 3/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thank you, and her father and family as well, like I said in my previous thread I will be giving a copy of these thread to her father to show the love and support from close and perfect strangers on the ATS site that many care and want to help him for his recent loss.

Much Love and God Bless!

Thank you for posting a source, I feel so dumb right now that I can't be more of a computer nerd to post links and sources, Thx

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You are more than welcome. It's one of the few things in life I am vaguely at home with so am happy to help out with what little I can.

ETA According to the video from TV on Israel Keyes, it appears he had business and/or financial troubles. I can't imagine someone so young having access to a considerable amount of money in a hurry. So sad when people feel so desperate to kill for "a few dollars". It still wouldn't excuse it but if the suspect had robbed a bank or something similar and killed someone it would be easier to understand than just kidnapping someone to plunder their bank account. Sad days we are living in and getting sadder all the time.
edit on 3/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Quick question

Have you been talked to by the police?

Like as in any info you might know about her?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

No not yet, but as I live 50 miles away and and only know her cousin, I am not suspect. If I had any information to bring the colprut in I would. If I knew more you can bet your butt I will be on ATS(Alaska State Troopers) and APD's front door. I have many good friends that are troopers, and have let them know, what I know!!

I would love to help. I have lived in the Valley for 30 years and have seen friends murdered for CD's and chopped up by a chainsaw, friends shot for a bag of unmentionables, jealous GF's and BF's killing for hugs and compliments to others, its very sad that people do crazy things for objects worth under $50 or petty emotions.

Trust my, if I had the funds I would donate to whomever could bring the criminal to justice.

Thank you for the reply, and I will do what I can to bring protect my community, and bring closure to Mr. Koenig and the family.

edit on 3-4-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: Spelling correction

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Sad news indeed. My condolences to you, and her Family. Prayers for Healing.

Rest in Peace Samantha.

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you DES, her father and family appreciate all the love from the support of ATS members that mean well.

God Bless, thank you!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Having lost a child, my heart goes out to the family and those who loved her, as you obviously did OP. I can only stand helpless and feel for you all. Prayers.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AK907ICECOLD

No not yet, but as I live 50 miles away and and only know her cousin, I am not suspect. If I had any information to bring the colprut in I would. If I knew more you can bet your butt I will be on ATS(Alaska State Troopers) and APD's front door. I have many good friends that are troopers, and have let them know, what I know!!

I would love to help. I have lived in the Valley for 30 years and have seen friends murdered for CD's and chopped up by a chainsaw, friends shot for a bag of unmentionables, jealous GF's and BF's killing for hugs and compliments to others, its very sad that people do crazy things for objects worth under $50 or petty emotions.

Trust my, if I had the funds I would donate to whomever could bring the criminal to justice.

Thank you for the reply, and I will do what I can to bring protect my community, and bring closure to Mr. Koenig and the family.

edit on 3-4-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: Spelling correction

This has to be tough for a small community like that.

You make Alaska sound worse than New Mexico.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I do not, I know the family, I have a four year old boy, so I can ONLY imagine the pain.

I know the cousin of Samantha, but still its a horrific pain that this happens to close family and friends.

Thank you for the post, God Bless

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

We are no better or worse than any state or country, I just want to place an awareness to the Members of ATS to protect and take steps to avoid this from happening to any other family's, no good can come from a abduction.

God Bless, and thank you for your post!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Tragic. Condolences to you and her family.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Vanna because: edit because I read the relationship wrong

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Anchorage is too small. I work a couple miles from common grounds and live about 10 miles from the Mat. Lake.
The whole investigation has been shrouded with mystery and it creeps me and my wife out to know this is happening around us. This is NOT a common thing to happen up here.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that and my best goes out to friends and family. Even though I suspected it I was hoping for the best. You know, when I first read that those types of coffee shops were usually just manned solo by young girls I cringed. Hopefully they consider at least two workers be present from now on. I can't tell you how often people need reminding that bad things happen and just because it is not common does not mean you can let your guard down. A friend of the family refused to lock his front door because it was too much work! At the time he had three girls at home from mid-teens to early twenties. He said that doesn't happen around here. I guess my point is people always should err on the side of caution.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

Thank you for the support, her family thanks you.

God Bless

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by coldfiremx

Well if you do get a chance, bring any green flower to Common Grounds if you need a cup of coffee. Yes, I totally agree how much it creeps me out my first GF owned a coffee shop in the Valley, I was always concerned about her safety.

She would tell me about some of the guys that would drop by, so when I wasn't working I sat in my truck at the door, or would read a book inside, She Loved that comfort. I bought her bear mace. A mini for her key chain, and the full version in her purse. When she worked it was on the counter, or on her hip with the nifty belt case.

Bear mace is awesome because it will render the attacker harmless, with no sight! This should be given to EVERY baritsa in Alaska IMO.

Thank you for your support, her family thanks you.

God Bless

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DetectiveT

Always lock your front door!!! Good advice to those who do not! It drives me crazy when my friends do that, they look at me stupid when (I) lock theirs when I just visit, good habit I guess. There can be a painful lesson in that, there can always be more to protect our community.

Thanks for your post friend!

edit on 5-4-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: punc.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
BTW, it is %100 confirmed it is the body of Sam that was found
on Mat-Su Lake by APD and the ATS (Alaska State Troopers)

Very sad indeed, everyone that reads this post and has a daughter.. Please hug them tight and tell them how much she/they mean to you, and that you love them THHIISSS [___________________] MUCH.

You may not see them again if something like this happens like it did to Sam, but pray and protect that this cannot happen. Sam's dad can't, just saying, love them more.

Much Love
edit on 5-4-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: Added a lil love

edit on 5-4-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: Need a bigger space between the THIS and the MUCH

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I did a thread like this on Dana Harrington couple years back. Right after I signed up here. She went missing at a Matallica concert and they posted $50,000 for news of her where abouts. Truely heart wrenching and I learned a bitter lesson there. Never again. I sobbed like a baby when they found her. Sometimes, a lot more lately, humans really suck.

Rest in peace sweet baby Samantha. You're home.
edit on 5-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join