It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia " peacefully invaded" by 2500 Marines.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by squandered

Australia is a colony but only by choice, you can change that and not subject yourself to that if you don't want to. Hell, we didn't like an other nation ruling us, and they haven't for quite some time. In the end it's up to your people.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha
Link1:
www.theaustralian.com.au...

Link 2:
www.news.com.au...

Tried to search if this was already a topic ..couldnt see it.

As an Australian I am livid about this 'peace and stability' deployment and just dont get why my fellow countrymen have fallen asleep to the big lie and allowed it to happen right under their noses.
While only 200 are here now as advanced guard, they plan to bring 2500 here by the end of the year. figures have said up to 32K will eventually be here on a rotating bases.

China is already pissed, our main trading partner btw..and Indonesia is pissed..Malyasia is pissed...and I dont blame them..this is an act of aggressive intent.

This deployment will eventually bring war to our doorstep and our region and undermine every effort we've made since Vietnam to work with our regional trading partners in good faith and friendship....this only slaps those efforts in the face.

The article also lies when it says no US bases are here already . There are 86 ( this makes 87) US bases of operations linked to the US military already on our soil.

This is about the US's war with China nothing less and our own government selling us out as a people..its sickening. The article in link 2 even goes so far as to call it a ' peaceful invasion' outright...and while our 'leaders' are hurrying to say " its not a base" Obama doesnt seem to be thinking the same thing...Link 3:
www.nytimes.com...

This is about US resource wars. This is about US access to the South China Sea and our nation being used as a lackey.

Not going down without a fight..

Ro

edit on 3-4-2012 by Rosha because: typos

While I agree with you that we probably shouldn't have let it happen (how though...?) I disagree that it matters that these backwater asian countries feel upset that we do as we please.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

When I refered to 86 bases, I refered many times to them being "facilities" and as I clearly wrote- "intelligence offices" - not 'boots on the ground' bases as the one in Darwin now is. (Obama himself has called it a new US "base" even as our own "leaders" were trying hard not to call it one and to soften the language to apease you. Just as it was the Australian news media that used the term 'peacful invasion' not me personally.)

That said, several "facilities" that are owned and run by the Australian military are manned by MAC officers regularly enough to be considered 'boots on ground' and yes, there are 86 US " Bases of operations" in Australia at this time, two of which are known to be underground facilities in remote N/W WA.
Darwin makes base #87.

Regarding Darwin, it is clear that they already have plans and settled agreements made for far more serious regional incursions and 'bases that arent really bases' and are just waiting to see how the public recieves each little disclosure as they will temper each one in order to have ppl like yourself not get too grumpy and cause a stir about them...they dont want you..as angry as me or you might say no to it too. We are in this sense fortunate that they still fear us/the public reaction enough here in Oz to be cautious and do the www.targetofopportunity.com...capture technique rather than risk an in your face "stuff you" response.

This list below fyi, is a non exhaustive and publically available list from 2001 and does not contain the full 86 bases - obviously. For personal reasons I need my own list double checked before I post them and if I am not able to safely do so I am not going to.

Here though, is the shortlist of 38 known US installations on Australian soil that were already delcared publically or were outed during campagins for disclosure in 2001.

Pine Gap.
Three facilities employing 750 to 1,000 US and Australian personnel
Pine Gap is a key unit in a system of electronic 4CI
(Command, Control, Communication, Computer and Intelligence) bases

1. a) Singint collecting
2. b) DSP and now star wars bases
3. c) WF Photographic section
4. d) GPS/Seismic station in Alice Springs itself
5. e) Town facility

B. North West Cape
This base is largely in mothballs but can activated by the US at any time it deems necessary.
5. a) the communication towers
6. b) the Solar observatory run by the US airforce

C. DSD Seismic Stations ( Intelligence RR boosters.)

7.Mundaring WA
8. Hobart TAS
9. Sydney NSW
10. Charters Towers Qld
11 Daly Waters NT
12. Tennant Creek

D. South Feild Weather/Intell.

13. Mildura
14. Wagga Wagga

D. DSD bases : DSD is part of the UK/USA agreements - all these bases are part of the US system of Echelon

15. Watsonia -Melbourne -Vic
16. Geraldton -WA
17. Shoal Bay NT
18. DSD HQ Canberra

E. RAAF bases hosting outposts of the Military Airlift Command (MAC) of the US airforce are:

19. Richmond NSW
20 Learmouth WA
21 Pearce WA
22 Salisbury SA

F. Under agreements signed long ago - the Royal Australian Airforce Bases (RAAF) are to be made available to the US when required

23 RAAF Darwin
24 Williamtown NSW
25. Townsville
26.North Kimberley and Cape York ( Wema)

PTN: The North Kimberly base is very 'special' to the USA.

G. Maritime signals and electronic war outlets

27. Cabarlah Qld
28. Hariman ACT may have moved to Wagga NSW.
G. Australian Navy bases used frequently
29. Stirling WA
30. Sydney and Jervis Bay

H. The training the facilities frequently used by the US

31. Delamere NT bombing training range
32. Shoalwater Bay Qld - jungle training

I. Space Command

33. Tidbinbulla ACT

J. SATT/GPS systems US MAC/NC

34. Omega Station at Dariman Vic

35 Geraldon Western Australia ( Soley US base yet the Australian government contributed four hundred million plus to the project)

36 Woomera ( NASA/SC/DSD)

37 Joint US/Uk/Au NavCom station: Very Low Frequency submarine communication (Exemouth.)
nautilus.org...

38. Nurrungar- Joint Defence Space Com Station

Add to this number the offically declared barraks and installations of the Australian Millitary ( en.wikipedia.org...) which can now, thanks to our blind government, legally ( via more in secret agreements) be co-opted at any time for US servicemen, and you're already approaching the 80+ mark without my own list.

I dont know who told you there were "not even 80+ bases on our soil"..but you need to show them this list and have them go qualify it for themselves...dont believe me..do go see for yourself.

cheers

Rosha

edit on 5-4-2012 by Rosha because: typos

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Rosha

I am just trying to tell you that there is no reason to fear the marines. I do not believe they would be hostile. Thats just my honest opinion.
t.

Tell that to the citizens of Aghanistan, Iraq et al etc etc etc...

Over a million Iraqi *civillians* are now dead and for what..for who ?

Who killed them again?

Ahh thats right..honorable courageous US marines.

edit on 3-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

Ignorance knows no bounds.

If not for the US Marine Corp you'd be speaking Japanese, or simply not in existence.

You aren't fit to shine a Marine's shoes.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Spooky1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity
reply to post by Rosha

could be the china prob, but the UK are about to welcome upto 45'000 troops, CIA agents (weaponed), FBI agents (weaponed) and all in the name of the olympics, "apparently"!!!!!!!!!!, now the ozzies, lets not forget something that ties us all into one.

OUR QUEEN

oh guessing the americans are still in denial on this, but may i point out to the U.S, that anything constitutional has to be passed by the supreme courts, those who have passed the barr, of course! a UK, monarachal requirement, hence osama/obama getting pissed at the courts over his wild dreams and a territory in U.S politics he has no juristiction without vote by the supreme court, ever wondered why the fed res a private company, cannot be audited? because it has one sole shareholder, THE QUEEN, imagine how pissed some other territories would be at this knowledge? CHINA anyone?.

something is in the water up ahead, i cannot put my finger on exactly what it is, but it's gonna hit the fan soon, why are the AMERICANS IN MASSES suddenly entering territories (returning home to the U.S) owned by the QUEEN, it wouldn't suprise me for U.S warships to be heading to the falklands along with our best.

the whole IRAN/SYRIAN issue's are merely a distraction, though connected, are NOT the major threat.

end message, if i keep posting stuff like this im gonna need to wear my vest.

Where do people get this stuff? Are you even serious?

Ya, the Fed has shareholders. They're called the MEMBER BANKS.

This is public knowledge.

Member banks own shares, which CANNOT BE SOLD and NEVER CHANGE IN VALUE.

But I guess tellin' everyone the Queen owns everything facilitates nonsensical conspiracies much, much better.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky1

reply to post by Rosha

I am just trying to tell you that there is no reason to fear the marines. I do not believe they would be hostile. Thats just my honest opinion.
t.

Who killed them again?

By what your definition of a marine must be - good!

In any case, I dont shine shoes. Im not a slave.

Im fit to say ' go tell it to a kid in Fallujiah' ( www.independent.co.uk...) but I really wouldnt wish their *ongoing* fate on any human being.
But you go..go stay there a year without a gun, and come back and tell me you feel the same way you do now about all this and that this endless warring for corperate profits is in any way 'righteous' , 'just' and 'honorable'...everything a real marine is suposed to be and stand for.

I know real marines..and they are as disgusted as I am.

Go read www.fas.org... what this real solider has to say about this bastardry of the name Marine. Go listen to real men and women at Winter Soldier, Marines who have been there...really hear what they have to say..they all agree with me - that this and every war is a RACKET and it is WRONG.

have a wonderful day.

Rosha.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky1

reply to post by Rosha

t.

Who killed them again?

If not for the US Marine Corp you'd be speaking Japanese, or simply not in existence.

Watch it there, mate. What you're spouting there is the propaganda you were 'taught' at school. Don't make yourself look the fool.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 8om8er

Ro,
Any country, as rich in natural assets as Australia is, will be coveted by envious eyes. To our north lie nations with populations they cannot feed and who are asset poor. Some of these nations are now spending many billions of $ in building up their defenses. One has to ask, 'Who is their enemy?' Obviously, we may have to confront a serious threat maybe sooner than later.

The Japanese Navy came to Darwin straight from Pearl Harbor. We had no early warning other than from a Catholic Priest on an outlying Island who saw their planes flying overhead and attempted to radio a message to rouse the nation. It was of course, too late.

Then the Japanese sent a great invasion fleet into the Coral sea to reinforce New Guinea as a prelude to the invasion of Australia. I thank God that the American and Australian naval units stopped them dead in the water.

We could never have defended this land with the small population that we had at the time. Now we must defend it again and we seek to strengthen our old alliances with our premier ally. That ally is one of our principal trading partners and a proven friend. Unfortunately I cannot place China, India or Indonesia in that category. Maybe Japan could now be considered a firm ally. That remains to be seen.

What I fear the most is that one day, China might well decide that they 'own' enough of Australia to simply walk in and DEMAND the keys to the front door. Seventy two years of life, education and observation leads me firmly to the conclusion that while American foreign policy goals may not always coincide with those set by Canberra, nevertheless we have deep and abiding ties with the 'States'. Those ties are forged in the blood that we both spent in World War II. And of course, that relationship goes back as far as World War I. That is why our small nation, (numerically speaking), continues to support America and their wars.

Sure, America makes mistakes. And some of her Presidents have had little understanding of issues outside of mainland America. But we do speak the same 'lingua franca',we do share common cultural and multi cultural antecedents and we respect each other.

Who else could we appeal to for succor? Who else can send a fleet and an army to defend us? Or should we simply have no military alliances and sit here in the Pacific like a big juicy apple ready for the first aggressor to take a big bite? Little Israel has a small population, few natural resources and many enemies. They at least have a nuclear deterrent. We literally have nothing. And what we do have is obsolete or simply will not work correctly.

Ro I respect your point of view but I do sincerely believe that we should stick like glue to the 'Old Alliance'. And also, I am too old to learn Mandarin, Hindustani or Arabic.

BigDenzil

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
Few threads have had an effect on me as much as this one.
Few people can speak as earnestly and as honestly as "Rosha".

My feelings ranged from insult, to anger, to pain.
As an American, I feel we have let you down, Aussie.

But then again, we are letting ourselves down too.
What takes place most of the time is out of our "control" range.
Yes, we need to become more involved. To stand up against the BS.
I do hope we become someone's "friend-in-good-standing" again in the future.

And I hope that Rosha gets elected and sets things right !

Hello Siege

I received this from an Iranian woman recently. She said

" As you know I am not my government, I also know you are not your government, In this simple knowledge, that we are not our governments, we have a common ground. We have a shared experience of the strength of our humanity and of our powerlessness within it. Through this knowledge and shared experience and right in front of their faces, we two at least can build a bridge of lasting friendship and peace between our people. If we remember and hold to this peace in times of stress and deceit, we will know that we can eventually overcome and usurp the self ahnillation instinct of the pathologically insane who command this sphere, together".

...what she said mate.

Ro
edit on 5-4-2012 by Rosha because: fixed an italic

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Looks like Australia is being divided up between USA & China

Meanwhile many aussies are complaining their jobs are being taken/stolen buy...

who?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Derpmericans are what they are.

But one thing's for sure, they're the lesser of two evils when it comes to China.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Rosha

I don't think 2500 Marines threatens any other country at all. Realistically, what could they possibly do?

Given the way your national propaganda depicts the Marines, we could probably be forgiven for thinking we'd been invaded by 2,500 Superman clones.

We saw what Colonel Quarritch did to the Na'vi, though. We don't particularly want him doing it to us.

edit on 5-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

If you have not read it already mate,
get yourself a copy of PNAC and you will see that this strategic placement of US forces in your Country is exactly as planned by the likes of Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Pearl etc. China is one of the countries singled out for "Regime change" in this doc written in 2000, so as you correctly point out, they are slowly being surrounded by US Forces.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

I guess australians should figure a wsy to move their island from the strategic position its in incase some wanted to attack america..

You australians are something else.. Or.. An easier step would be, STOP BUYING OUR MILITARY GOODS!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

You should send a letter to the Queen and ask for her assistance.

T

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I just never realised how ignorant ats australians are...

I dont want my troops in that damn country either.. But its obviouse someone in your country does, so be mad at them..

Retarded ass australian allies us americans have to deal with..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigDenzil
reply to post by 8om8er

Ro,
Any country, as rich in natural assets as Australia is, will be coveted by envious eyes. To our north lie nations with populations they cannot feed and who are asset poor. Some of these nations are now spending many billions of $ in building up their defenses. One has to ask, 'Who is their enemy?' Obviously, we may have to confront a serious threat maybe sooner than later.

The Japanese Navy came to Darwin straight from Pearl Harbor. We had no early warning other than from a Catholic Priest on an outlying Island who saw their planes flying overhead and attempted to radio a message to rouse the nation. It was of course, too late.

Then the Japanese sent a great invasion fleet into the Coral sea to reinforce New Guinea as a prelude to the invasion of Australia. I thank God that the American and Australian naval units stopped them dead in the water.

We could never have defended this land with the small population that we had at the time. Now we must defend it again and we seek to strengthen our old alliances with our premier ally. That ally is one of our principal trading partners and a proven friend. Unfortunately I cannot place China, India or Indonesia in that category. Maybe Japan could now be considered a firm ally. That remains to be seen.

What I fear the most is that one day, China might well decide that they 'own' enough of Australia to simply walk in and DEMAND the keys to the front door. Seventy two years of life, education and observation leads me firmly to the conclusion that while American foreign policy goals may not always coincide with those set by Canberra, nevertheless we have deep and abiding ties with the 'States'. Those ties are forged in the blood that we both spent in World War II. And of course, that relationship goes back as far as World War I. That is why our small nation, (numerically speaking), continues to support America and their wars.

Sure, America makes mistakes. And some of her Presidents have had little understanding of issues outside of mainland America. But we do speak the same 'lingua franca',we do share common cultural and multi cultural antecedents and we respect each other.

Who else could we appeal to for succor? Who else can send a fleet and an army to defend us? Or should we simply have no military alliances and sit here in the Pacific like a big juicy apple ready for the first aggressor to take a big bite? Little Israel has a small population, few natural resources and many enemies. They at least have a nuclear deterrent. We literally have nothing. And what we do have is obsolete or simply will not work correctly.

Ro I respect your point of view but I do sincerely believe that we should stick like glue to the 'Old Alliance'. And also, I am too old to learn Mandarin, Hindustani or Arabic.

BigDenzil

I respect what you've written very much also. We seem to just disagree on what " defence " means and how it can best be acheived.

I dont see the military option as the only way to 'defend' our country from those who might seek to rule usurp or overcome us. The political and military leaders of this world *want* you to think that is the only option..the reality is it isnt and you/we all are being manipulated to focus exactly where they want our focus..not where 'else' your focus could be.

This is how they 'getcha' and 'keepya' - by owining and manipulating where you focus your thoughts and fears.
I escaped that slavery dynamic many moons ago..as did many others who are working on directing our focus elsewhere.
We may only be able to advance one step for their every mile.but that one step is important to the next generation...if not to us.

Ro

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by beam1
reply to post by Rosha

I guess australians should figure a wsy to move their island from the strategic position its in incase some wanted to attack america..

You australians are something else.. Or.. An easier step would be, STOP BUYING OUR MILITARY GOODS!

You make it seem as if we have had a choice in that. Like most nations around the world subjudgated by the US and UK led corporatocracy..we've not had any such choice since ww2.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

ok.. So china or russia or any other capable country, like north kore decides to hit you with a ballistic missile, what is your country going to do? Last i checked nk has one pointed right at you!

You like to think that you can just talk you way out of it but you are sadly mistaken.. Thats why your leader allowed us to protect australia, lucky for australia that decision isnt made by the ats ignorant bunch..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by beam1
reply to post by Rosha

You make it seem as if we have had a choice in that. Like most nations around the world subjudgated by the US and UK led corporatocracy..we've not had any such choice since ww2.

No choice? Are you kidding me! Look at iran, north korea etc.. The way i see it if your not on our side your on their side, so rebel against us and do your own damn thing..

But i suppose you would want it both ways amiright.. Still buy our military goods and aid when needed..

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join