It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia " peacefully invaded" by 2500 Marines.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

And just out of curiosity, If you are in the dock in Australia, say for a traffic ticket, is it referred to as The court of Queens bench? It is in Canada. I am also under the impression that the Queen can still conscript forces, including commonwealth citzenry. If it is still on the books, it still applies, used or not.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken
reply to post by Rosha

And just out of curiosity, If you are in the dock in Australia, say for a traffic ticket, is it referred to as The court of Queens bench? It is in Canada. I am also under the impression that the Queen can still conscript forces, including commonwealth citzenry. If it is still on the books, it still applies, used or not.

No here is is xyz person vs "the crown" - which isnt the Queen either but most Australians havent a clue about that either...." The Crown" is a group called "The Corperation of London."

edit on 4-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by KAIARAHI

Maybe the US is going to need new land in the near future ?!

I'll give you this gun for that kangaroo.

If you give me the gun first, the kangaroo might um, err be a non-moving type.
They are seen as a pest outside the cities in Australia.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
These Marines are here for one of three reasons. I have not been able to confirm which one is the major one.

1. To provide a rapid response team to protect US assets in this region. The current situation in some regional countries for a call to nationalize say, off shore oil rigs is a scenario that is quite realistic.

2. To protect Australia from an attack by Indonesia. This threat is always present. The problem with Australian Defense is that Indonesia can land sufficient troops to make a go of it. Having Marines protecting the North even as a token force sends a crystal clear message that an attack on Australia is an attack on US interests and in the eventuality that the Marines were killed the response from the US would be a fore gone conclusion. IN a numbers game Indonesia's military might is orders of magnitude beyond Australia's.

3. The redheaded twit we have as a Prime Minister went google eyed and saw girlie stars when Obama exited Air Force One. He could probably have bought Australia for a promise of a pretend date.

Personally I think all are important but number 3 is why he visited at that time. Bloody little girlie.
The US military spend well so it does not hurt our economy. They are not a threat that we can't handle if push came to shove. The Australian Military is one of the best in the world, equal to anything anywhere anytime. Our military does not duck, hide and call in airstrikes just because they have been engaged.

I will remind everyone of General MacArthur. He decided it was impossible for anyone to take the Kakoda trail. Aussie troops proved him wrong, big time. If you research Australian military history you will find some startling facts not the least of which occurred in WW2 at the Battle of the Bulge.

P

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Can not see all the fuss, was born in Australia, lived here all my life. As far as I remember we have always had Americans here either based or on exchange with our forces and I don't think we have been over powered or big brothered in any way.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I would prefer the USA to China and Indonesia on my homeland any day. There has been a silent invasion from China going on in Australia for years now... just take a look around.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Last words...especially to the Australian posters above and anyone who feels likewise.

Can you not see I already know its not about any immediate *military* threat they imply to us (Australia) as a nation? That I am not that ignorant or stupid?

Can't you see that that thats not what I've been saying here all day?

Cant you see I am not saying we risk so much as dying at their hand but living with their hands around our throats?

Worse..standing beside them while they grip both hands around the entire planets throat?

Do you not understand that this is an army that has *openly* committed war crimes under international conventions the globe over. Not once..or twice..even three or four times..not just some 'bad apples' doing bad things...but rather they commit these crimes as a matter of POLICY!

War crimes.

Do you even care let alone understand what that phrase even means to the people whose deaths coined the phrase ?

More...it is *internationally recognised* that to work with and aid anyone who is committing war crimes *is also a war crime* and this is listed clearly under the international conventions of war and Nueremburg principles themselves making *us* as a nation as guilty as they are. I dont want my nation to be one that commits war crimes...or aids war criminals. Do you?

International law MATTERS.
The geneva convention MATTERS
The Nuremburg Principles MATTER

Only the arrogant and uneducated and the stupid dont know why.

This army has just murdered over a million civillians...not soliders, just people like you and me...and it leaves an entire continent not just a nation devestated for generations to come through the use of DU weapons.

Untold ecological not just humanitarian damage is being left in their wake....millions of children who will never know happiness, freedom or fearlessness, generations of families, history itself eons old simply wiped out in their greed. Human beings, who have every right to the same 'rights' as you dare to claim..being crushed.

This army has no rule book and is not accountable under international law in *any* way.

This army is not being run by sane sensible reasoned American politicians or leaders..its not under or beholden to the force of the Amercian peoples will, they are not fighting a defensive war of self protection, but war after war of aggression on lands not even hostile to them.

They are fighting wars for profit and murdering "in your name" to that end, which IS ensuring you WILL be a target when some dad or brother who has HAD ENOUGH and takes matters into his own hands in the insanity of grief blows his self up.

If you really think its 'ok' to host this army and think there will not be any consequence social or moral...then you ( imo) need a head check.

You need to go back and ignoring the miltary propogandas and stories, go read what happened to PEOPLE under hitlars rule. Not just what happened to them, but how they let it all happen until it was too late to stop it and how they feel now. Ask yourself why the populus of Germany had NO IDEA what was going on right under their noses, how they were convinced their view..was the only view there was to be had.

If this were 1942, then we would effecitvly be ' aiding hitlar' - that IS a realistic comparison given the global military advances they are making and the corperate domination and totaltarianism being faced by billions world wide owing to their wars...even here we are facing the onset of the police state!

Only unlike then, there is no 'alliance of nations' left to stand up to these guys if we fall to them too. Dont you get that?

They have already killed everyone who had power to affect change. They took their food, burned their homes and infrastructure already...murdered their leaders, their doctors and intellectuals and in using DU have stolen their very genetic futures from them already. We really are one of the last bastions of hope for those same peoples..but if we become the bad guys too..what hope have they got left?

These wars arent a matter of us against the east or east agasint west..its east and west both enslaved under THEM! Think its not happening now? Pursuit of this goal has been happening since before you were born!

IMO, if we dont as a nation become informed, become more conscious on this issue and its wider implications..really wake up to what this really is and stand up and say no to this form of acceptance we have of war-crimes-as-policy, if we fail to BE Australian and to risk it all to draw the line of what we feel is morally right and wrong not just socially or militarily..then we are screwed. We'll deserve our eventual fate.

From here on though, and unlike the German people circa '33....you cant say you werent told or warned..that no-one one ever risked their neck to say something or never did anything to try and show you the reality and warn you of your complicity in the murder.

If you never knew it before...from here on in..you know exactly whats happening..why..and how...and if you choose your comfort over the truth and over the uptake of personal responsibility for decisions made in your name, and so condone this murder of your fellow human beings and inevitably, your own great grand kids as well...then we have nothing else to say to each other.

They've already won your heart and mind and nothing can be said you will accept until you grow up and see it for yourself.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Is anybody surprised? Anybody from the outside looking in knows that Australia has been a slave nation for America for some time.

Australia hasn't really ever been independent of external control, the British just handed you over to the Yanks. This is clear. Only blind Aussie patriots who can't accept their nation is bowing to Americans because of pride will deny it

You might aswell call the place New America

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
reply to post by Rosha

This is a strategic "Trip Wire" Rosha, if you listened to the analyst's on ABC the days following the announcement of it back last year it was put quite simply for people to understand. Currently if China invaded our Territory or any other Country in Asia for that matter there was no immediate mechanism for the US to respond quickly.

If North Korea or China decided to attack us this Base with American Soldiers would be under immediate threat and would warrant a full response from the US. I initially was like you but understand the Strategic side of it now after listening to the Analyst on ABC explain it from a Political perspective.

Then maybe we should have 50,000 Chinese troops in France in case America ever attacks. Would anybody accept that?

The political "perspective" you mention is a perspective that goes like this: America are the good guys, China are the bad guys. That's it. It's no more complicated than that.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Rosha

At the end of the day, although I seeth big US Corporations and American policies, the Americans (like the British and Canadians) are our brothers and sisters no matter what.

Nope. You only have to look at where Britain is right now to see that this friendship is no good for anyone but Americans. Come here, see what kneeling to Americans has done. There is no industry, no money, no hope for the future, a culture that's dying, we're now a nation without friends, on the outer with our true European allies, etc

This friendship is good for nobody but America. And this idea that America, Britain, Australia etc are unique countries that are friends is a distinctly American idea, meant to keep nations like Australia from acknowledging their real friends, their neighbours.

I'm British, my brothers are the French, the Dutch, the Swedish etc. At the end of the day you don't speak for everybody. In Britain this supposed brothership is universally despised, people bemoan our connection to America.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Rosha

I don't understand why you are arguing with me?

As an American I am telling you that there is not much to fear from the marines as they are not hostile towards Australians, in fact they are considered allies so if an order is placed that compromises that, there is a pretty good chance that that marine or those marines will not accept those orders.

Tell that to those dead in Britain, killed by terrorists because we stood alongside your murderous nation.

Everyone knows what a friendship with America entails, the handing over of economic and political power to the Washington, and the subsequent daily fear of being killed by some terrorist who's mad that a marine slaughtered his family

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Makin a big fuss over not much IMO.

Yes we all know the US is on an imperial drive globally.....

Yes we know they are taking out the little thorns in their side before the big battle against Russia and China kicks off.

Yes our Australian government has and always will (no matter whos in power) prostitute Australia and its resources to the highest bidder.

No Indonesia is not a threat to us or will be anytime soon. They have far too many internal differences and problems to pose a singular threat to Australia.

Bottom line is this.....

would you rather have a batallion of US troops stationed here ready to help defend Australia against a Muslim and/or Chinese push south from the North until reinforcements can arrive, or would you rather giveup half of Australia until reinforcement arrive?

I know id rather be speaking English than Chinglish down under, so Mr OP, if you have a problem with our long time Allies setting up base here to help protect the life you lead that allows you freedom of expression, even on the internet that many in China currently do not have, then I suggest you leave this country and find another western country that isnt a US ally.....you might feel more welcome there!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Originally posted by Rosha

reply to post by Rosha

I am just trying to tell you that there is no reason to fear the marines. I do not believe they would be hostile. Thats just my honest opinion.
t.

Tell that to the citizens of Aghanistan, Iraq et al etc etc etc...

Over a million Iraqi *civillians* are now dead and for what..for who ?

Who killed them again?

Ahh thats right..honorable courageous US marines.

edit on 3-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

That's it isn't it... Blind US hatred. I get it now. You're not so miffed that they're here, you're miffed that they're US Marines.

Do you really see, and I'm serious, Marines parading down our highways putting up checkpoints and shooting at volkswagons with grey haired grannies who cant see beyond the steering wheel? Sounds like it.

Sounds like you think we're being liberated/occupied however you want to play the semantics. Wow..

All the times the US docks at Freo here, and I've had opportunity to meet them, they've been very good polite decent people, and I've offered my support and it has been well received.

But whatever, I'll continue to see allies while you most likely will continue to see an oppressive force taking foot in a desert to shoot innocent Aussies and ... nah I can't even play that...

I feel bad if you're so upset. over this, and can only justify your outrage by comparing things to afghanistan.

oh well, typical ATS.. I'm off to watch Game of Thrones Ep2. it's far more realistic than the stories I'm reading today on here.. lmao

^ An Australia indoctrinated from a barrage of American tv propaganda since birth

Why don't you go read a book about US foreign policy. These people aren't your friends.

Give it up Rosha, these people are too uneducated to realise that Imperialism can come in forms other than entering a country and shooting guns. These people will not accept your fears of US cultural imperialism and US war mongering because as they see it there's nothing wrong with US cultural imperialism and nothing wrong with US war mongering - and again, that's because the US are the good guys, always. So why worry, they're the good guys.

If I could I would beat some people to death with a hardback copy of Manufacturing Consent

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Makin a big fuss over not much IMO.

Yes we all know the US is on an imperial drive globally.....

Yes we know they are taking out the little thorns in their side before the big battle against Russia and China kicks off.

Yes our Australian government has and always will (no matter whos in power) prostitute Australia and its resources to the highest bidder.

No Indonesia is not a threat to us or will be anytime soon. They have far too many internal differences and problems to pose a singular threat to Australia.

Bottom line is this.....

would you rather have a batallion of US troops stationed here ready to help defend Australia against a Muslim and/or Chinese push south from the North until reinforcements can arrive, or would you rather giveup half of Australia until reinforcement arrive?

I know id rather be speaking English than Chinglish down under, so Mr OP, if you have a problem with our long time Allies setting up base here to help protect the life you lead that allows you freedom of expression, even on the internet that many in China currently do not have, then I suggest you leave this country and find another western country that isnt a US ally.....you might feel more welcome there!

You're missing the point. The criticism of this move is because people do not believe America.

Nobody has a problem with Allies setting up bases to protect Australia, the problem is that nobody believes that's what the move is about, apart from you and a few others, it seems.

Do you believe everything America tells you?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Go back to sleep then MM...we'll let you know when its all over and you can come out again.

My last words on this topic are written above..read them..maybe something might click for you eventually.

The only thing I am adding here is this...thsope two options are nto the ONLY options available..there is ALWAYS another way.

That you cant see,...dont get that...leaves me ashamed that both my grandfather and brother have fought and died for this country to preserve this place for a racist bigoted ignorant troglodyte like you.

As I learnt and know the real courage, honour and dignity of manhood through the lives and deaths of my kin, I know through your words that you are not even a man let alone a human and have NO idea what you are talking about.

Oh...and its Miss Rosha thanks very much...yes..women do have minds these days as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
@Rosha

I couldn't agree with you more in everything you've said in this thread, I read every comment. It's not the 2500-33,000 marines it's the principle.

The fact that we become 100% the b***h of a tyrannical state and when the TSHTF with China, we are stuffed. I don't want these marines here and couldn't care less if the US is our ally.
IMO the United States military are animals and what those animals have done in this "war on terror" to the population of Iraq and Afghanistan is in breach of every basic human right.
Yes we've fought beside each other for 100 years but it's the fact that when this war starts (and it will) you will not win. And we will pay for your crimes as if they were our own and I will not accept that fate for myself and my family.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
i dont want these people in my country and i dont want to be dragged into another war alongside america
STAY THE HELL OUT

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks that these 2500 troops here are going to give us more security is clearly delusional, all that's going to come from this is new terror attacks and false flags either from Islamic extremists or American "peace keepers" as Australia is going to be even more of a "target" as if getting involved in wars half way across the world wasn't bad enough now they're going to bring it here.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If there is a next big war please tell me where you are going to be safe? No country neutral or otherwise will escape the fallout. Look at what happened to Japan with the reactors getting flooded, a part of their country is not habitable for a very long time and no bombs were dropped. Even if they never came here, the next war we would be with them on the battle field, as we have in the last 100 years.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

leaves me ashamed that both my grandfather and brother have fought and died for this country to preserve this place for a racist bigoted ignorant troglodyte like you.

maybe you should go fight for your country then too?

and thanks for the compliment by the way, but what was racist that I quoted? please enlighten me.?

So you dont agree with the US troops being here, I get that. You dont agree with US foreign policy past and present, I get that too.

But to think that Australia is safe against a rising China is being naive and ignorant.

Australia is a large land mass.....huge wealth of resources with a very small relative population.....it is prime target for an ever expanding and growing China.

I stand by my previous comments....Id rather my children and grand children be speaking English than Chinglish or Chinese etc.

Which of the two evils would you rather? Dont think for a second that the safe and comfy lifestyle Australia has had upto now will always remain that way........

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join