It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia " peacefully invaded" by 2500 Marines.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I don't know anything about the military like alot of you seem too. I was hoping someone could tell me what "Drop Bears" are. If this question has been answered could you please direct to the post which gives this info.

Thank you in advance

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
Looks like Australia is being divided up between USA & China

Meanwhile many aussies are complaining their jobs are being taken/stolen buy...

who?

It sure does seem like it at times. Today I listened while military and political leaders gabbled over this issue publically, apaprently ignoring Australias right to national soverignty, choice and self determination as if they never existed, as if we didnt have them before the Merikans showed up...speaking as if we as a nation of people, werent even here as a formed body of people already....they were patronising us, belittling our national structure and existing defences and our global position as a country of 'do-ers' and friends..they were treating our public as if we were merely sheep to be 'handled'...our nation a peice of meat to be cut up and disposed of as they see fit... It was gross...as if we were a carcass to be carved among them used and abused at their leisure..it was sickening..and that is a political analysis and asssement not an emotional one.

I think these people have forgotten exactly who we are..where we have come from......and while many Australians have also forgotton..thank goodness enough of us havent.
Already the political cartoonists, the blogs, the wire news, the game jurno's are all asking questions... the quiet underground ripples of discontent and questioning and doubts about the processes involved in this adventure as much as the reality are being aired and objections have started.

Its good to see people questioning..asking..wondering..projecting a little. While Im not overly hopeful..I do remain with hope..that the stench of bullsh*t in the air will ensure most Aussies have something to say and our irreverent humor will bring the truth out to the masses in a timely way.

As a wise man once said...the only one who has the RIGHT to dispose of it..is the one who created it.

Ro

ps: on jobs pick a country...they're beng outsourced to India, Pakistan, Japan, USA, UK AND China!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beam1

last time north korea launched an ICBM it exploded before getting to its desired altitude in the upper atmosphere
I dont think they are going to strike australia any time soon , so no need for the mutual destruction fear scenario!

The point im making is no nation needs military assistance or protection from america !
we should all do as best we can without them and take what we get based on our own actions !

edit on 5-4-2012 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

While I agree with you that we probably shouldn't have let it happen (how though...?) I disagree that it matters that these backwater asian countries feel upset that we do as we please.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

Oh it matters a lot - as this is how they CREATE the threat that they then come to 'rescue' us from. This is how they maniuplate fear and CREATE the NEED for more defences..creating a need for more build ups, more fearing, more tension and more demands for cash for more wars more technologies they NEED to have to manage " the threat" and then finally..why they need the cannon fodder lives of our children to go fight "the enemy" they created.......it matters very very much.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by beam1

last time north korea launched an ICBM it exploded before getting to its desired altitude in the upper atmosphere
I dont think they are going to strike australia any time soon , so no need for the mutual destruction fear scenario!

Bingo! And China is close to falling apart atm both economicaly and socially...but ppl dont want to hear that either.

Many people are falling for it again..the create the problem so we can be the solution drama cycle...I really cant believe how fast they are all falling for it either....everyone keeps saying they want peace..then immediately start fighting the games for war...

weird humans.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

This is one post out of many...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank goodness they only attack tourists otherwise we`d have to move.

Now US marines on our soil? this Aussie says go home!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
tell all the marines you know in the world to go home , we dont want you in our countries or anyone elses,
give up the fight the war is over time to pack up and go home !

Defense takes part in your own half of the court !

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
As an Australian I fully support the US Marines coming here to train, in the end the battlefields will be here long before they are on America's shores. Without their protection and weapon systems along with our other allies in the region we'd be sitting ducks with our minimalistic military forces. China's already buying us out, it'll only be a matter of time before they all get upset about living in the squalor of their own country and start looking for new turf to live in. Once they announce their intentions no amount of back patting with the Indonesians, Koreans, Vietnam, turncoat Japanese etc will save us... They will all be rubbing their hands with glee thinking about how they are going to carve up the human assets, bundle us all off to working camps and move into our women and houses. The writing is on the wall, some people just like to bury their heads in the sand and hope it'll turn out ok. Tell me all those people worried about being "invaded" by the USA, who is ready to live the life of a repressed Tibetan where horrific torture, abductions, re-education camps and a life of servitude are a daily event? They treat their own people with complete disregard, what makes you think they'll look after a bunch of coward ozzies who want to fence sit and wait until it's too late. I'd welcome any US Marine or Australian Defense Force member into my house any day.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by beam1

The point im making is no nation needs military assistance or protection from america !

we should all do as best we can without them and take what we get based on our own actions !

edit on 5-4-2012 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

And the ignorance continues....

Well.. Cross your fingers that they didnt fix the problem from the first test.

If your leader felt like it didnt need any protection im sure they would have said so, like the op said it was a peacful invasion not a hostile one..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paldr001au
As an Australian I fully support the US Marines coming here to train, in the end the battlefields will be here long before they are on America's shores. Without their protection and weapon systems along with our other allies in the region we'd be sitting ducks with our minimalistic military forces. China's already buying us out, it'll only be a matter of time before they all get upset about living in the squalor of their own country and start looking for new turf to live in. Once they announce their intentions no amount of back patting with the Indonesians, Koreans, Vietnam, turncoat Japanese etc will save us... They will all be rubbing their hands with glee thinking about how they are going to carve up the human assets, bundle us all off to working camps and move into our women and houses. The writing is on the wall, some people just like to bury their heads in the sand and hope it'll turn out ok. Tell me all those people worried about being "invaded" by the USA, who is ready to live the life of a repressed Tibetan where horrific torture, abductions, re-education camps and a life of servitude are a daily event? They treat their own people with complete disregard, what makes you think they'll look after a bunch of coward ozzies who want to fence sit and wait until it's too late. I'd welcome any US Marine or Australian Defense Force member into my house any day.

Someone gets it! Thank you!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
People joke about some sort of breed of Koala that eats human flesh and sits in the tree waiting for an unsuspecting Ozzy or tourist to walk underneath,at which point it drops down onto them and kills them and feasts on their flesh. Complete fabrications. You should ask about the ficticious hoop snakes too. They joke about ones that bit their own tails and form a hoop that can roll accross the ground at 30mph and when it gets close it lets go of its tail and bites you... All complete garbage but good for a laugh. Ozzys tell these stories to tourists just for a joke to see the look of fear in their eyes.....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
reply to post by Rosha

If you have not read it already mate,
get yourself a copy of PNAC and you will see that this strategic placement of US forces in your Country is exactly as planned by the likes of Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Pearl etc. China is one of the countries singled out for "Regime change" in this doc written in 2000, so as you correctly point out, they are slowly being surrounded by US Forces.

PEACE,
RK

Thanks RK, I have read it yes. Im also aware that the planning for this global construct has been ongoing for over a century and these 'men' are just the latest pawns in a much bigger end game senario.

Even so..its not what I think I know that matters to me today..its what I do. See, I already accept I cant change what 'they' do. Standing in their way is futile so to speak.

Every winter solider 'gets' this..that we cant stop them...its not about THEM.

It IS about what WE do..as individuals.

What WE do, matters more than any game plan they have, any thing they try and do..as its US ( us as individual people not the U.S.A) who pull the triggers, incite the hate, feed the fire, and do their fearing and reacting . Its we who give them what they need to do more and worse. Responsibility for all of this, every result and outcome, lies entirely with us. Lies in us taking responsibility for our own actions ( I know a hghly unpopular viewpoint)

IMO, we just need to STOP doing what they want..as Bush once said " just say no"....and start doing what we know IS right..holding fast to that knowing of right and wrong and obeying only the truth of our consciences - even if that means risking everything...including, being wrong.

Thats just imo of course..and I only have this view because when I cried out ' save me" all I heard back was " save your bloody self".....so I did.

Ro.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Rosha because: typo

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paldr001au

You're fully entitled to your opinion...

Have you ever spoken to a person in China though? Got to know one? Learned about who and how they live first hand?

I have...I made a point to do so to overcome my own fears of the Chinese being dangerous "marching robot men" and while I have no doubt such men exist there..as they do here..in the main, I found they are an incredibly gentle people. Yes they are very nationalistic people..but also a very devoted people to their own homeland. Just as we are, just as the USA is ,just as most people everywhere are to the place they are birthed.

The people I spoke to long for the same freedoms we have socially and politically, but are fearful of our disasters that they do see and their own social disasters they experience daily. They are as subjugated by their military media, police and politicans as we are by ours and the US and our own ignorant media and politicans.
They are, just like you...human..trying to love and live in an unjust time in an unfair world.....just like you.

I met this guy ( link below) once on an eco inventors forum...an amazing guy... great family.. he's going to save the planet one day he says..and not with a gun..not by invading my home....he's going to do it with pig poo.

www.omf.org...

Fear and ignorance are our greatest enemies right now...not China...not even the US or the mighty war machine...its 'us'..and our ignorant fear that compels us to prefering to believe things that arent real over the reality of what is real.

As Terry Gookind wrote once...the "first rule" is that most people believe lies because they want them to be true or fear they might be.

We all have a side on that rule...which are you?

I discovered I was on the fearing side...so I took responsiblity for that and chose not to anymore.

Your choice is yours..and I respect that. Just do consider how hypocritical it is to bring up the isssue of Tibet, when our own treatment past and present of the Australian Aboriginals saw even Amnesty International list us just two years ago as genocidists who abuse their indigenous populations. Even Doctors without Borders was negotiating to come and set up a camp out west!

How do you feel about that? Do you feel you are this big bad person who does this 'evil thing' ? No? Well thats how many Chinese people feel about Tibet.

I dont say that to excuse the injustice and goings on there either..a wrong is a wrong no matter who does it or where..but we dont exactly have the moral high ground to call the kettle black when we are such a big pot.

imo/ymmv

Ro

edit on 5-4-2012 by Rosha because: Added Tibet reference

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Thanks for repiies. I went ahead and googled it.

I think that is sooo funny. Here I thought it was some military thing.

I remember years ago there was a sitcom here in the US about some guys taking another guy on a snipehunt. Funny.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha
It sure does seem like it at times. Today I listened while military and political leaders gabbled over this issue publically, apaprently ignoring Australias right to national soverignty, choice and self determination as if they never existed, as if we didnt have them before the Merikans showed up...speaking as if we as a nation of people, werent even here as a formed body of people already.

I don't think Australia really does have as strong a sense of coherent self-identity as other countries. I don't think we ever have. The only serious attempts at either secession or forming a republic that we've seen here, have come from the Irish community.
edit on 5-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The reality is, most Australians will do or say nothing about this because they are too busy watching Australian Idol, the Biggest Loser or downloading the latest iPhone application or updating their facebook status about what they just had for dinner.
The sad part is, the majority of Australians are ignorant and too obsessed with consumption and material gain to even know what is happening. I'm an Australian so i thiink i'm qualified to say !
And our so-called politicians are only worried about their own personal gain and ladder climbing to put a stop to it. Just look at the drool that was running down the chin of Gillard, Abbott and Brown when Obama was here last year !

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

It sure does seem like it at times. Today I listened while military and political leaders gabbled over this issue publically, apaprently ignoring Australias right to national soverignty, choice and self determination as if they never existed, as if we didnt have them before the Merikans showed up...speaking as if we as a nation of people, werent even here as a formed body of people already.

I don't think Australia really does have as strong a sense of coherent self-identity as other countries. I don't think we ever have. The only serious attempts at either secession or forming a republic that we've seen here, have come from the Irish community.

I have suffered a little living here from a lack of historic 'culture' too..wondering what it is or where I belong/fit etc.
I have also seen an underlying culture of a sort develop here during my life..especially during hard times. It seems that in those hard times, where others might fragment and flee from each other, we just 'come together' and suddenly, race or region etc just dont matter anymore and we become 'mates'. Under the culture of 'mateship' ' we just help each other'...' we are'....its an amazing sense of compassion and ' can do' thing..hard to describe really as intangible as it is most days.

At certain times, 'mateship' itself, while it seems an anglocised notion or a trite one, becomes very real and meaningful to us. Then it fades again and we go off on our own to live or own lives our own way and that culture of mateship sleeps until its needed or the need to relearn it comes again.

I think this 'culture' is in the land itself..not just between people...its a spirit of sorts...but it flows in us when we need it...dissolves all noundaries and the shared experience of the moment is the only thing that matters. Inthe QLD floods no one gavea damn if it was an Indian Aussie or a Chinese Aussie or an Australian born Aussie that bought the broom..they were just grateful the broom was there.

So while 'mateship' isnt a historic culture per say - one based on a shared language or racial heritage - and its not even nationalistic, its existance makes it a legitimate 'culture' or at least, an aspect of a culture that we do have, but we just dont see is there right now.

If nothing else..its a cultural oddity of our land..part of what makes us Australian, and its one thats too valuable to ignore or loose as its something very special in the world.

Taken and applied outwardly..we become mates with many nations in times of crisis..our army and people giving everything to those who need it..then slipping home and going about their business when they arent needed.
I like this culture...its...respectful.

So I get what your saying....I guess I see the word culture a bit differently..and as nothing forms or brings out a nations real character as much as shared adversity..so I guess we will find out together in coming years exactly what we are made of

Ro

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieDingus
The reality is, most Australians will do or say nothing about this because they are too busy watching Australian Idol, the Biggest Loser or downloading the latest iPhone application or updating their facebook status about what they just had for dinner.
The sad part is, the majority of Australians are ignorant and too obsessed with consumption and material gain to even know what is happening. I'm an Australian so i thiink i'm qualified to say !
And our so-called politicians are only worried about their own personal gain and ladder climbing to put a stop to it. Just look at the drool that was running down the chin of Gillard, Abbott and Brown when Obama was here last year !

Regarding the people..I really really really hope you are wrong.

Regarding the politicians..you are absolutely..right.

Ro.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by beam1
reply to post by Rosha

ok.. So china or russia or any other capable country, like north kore decides to hit you with a ballistic missile, what is your country going to do? Last i checked nk has one pointed right at you!

You like to think that you can just talk you way out of it but you are sadly mistaken.. Thats why your leader allowed us to protect australia, lucky for australia that decision isnt made by the ats ignorant bunch..

There are no garauntees in life...I just know that it's easy to kill your enemy...much much harder to kill your friend.

good day to you.

Ro

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

I have suffered a little living here from a lack of historic 'culture' too..wondering what it is or where I belong/fit etc.

Do we have to have a history to have a culture or a sense to belong? Seriously, we are only one generation apart from the next. The most anyone can claim from any part of history is that whatever it was, happened in their neck of the woods or perhaps it was a great relative.
Yeah be proud.... it has nothing to do with you. You had no part in it.
People often don't remember the bad parts of history, but it makes a cool movie so that makes it good i guess.

Who gives a toss..... make your own history.

I aint too fussed with the Marines being on Aussie soil. They have been our allies for a while and we theirs. I do see it as a strategic move nonetheless which has raised tensions but... this is just another new port of call for the US forces already here.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join