It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is Going After Sheriff Joe…Shocking!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

Arizona is by no stretch of the imagination a police state HW...

Tell that to the American citizens being rounded up like jews during WWII for no other reason than the color of their skin.

I would not suggest 'verbally' attack an officer of the court...

Now you want to take away people's 1st Amendment right to defend themselves against violations of their 5th Amendment rights? Tell me, is there anything about the Constitution of the United States that you DO like?

A facist uptopia... sorry, that is hilariously insane...

Seems to be, doesn't it? If you are rounding people up based solely on their ethnicity, that to me sounds pretty fascist.

The two men were stopped for a reason, which you have never presented...

The reason was they were Hispanic.

it was determined there was 'probable cause' to arrest them...

If there was probable cause, they would have charged them with something instead of releasing them 3 hours later.

if you were not there then you know little more than I do and I suggest your responding illogically and radically...

I would suggest reading the article in the link that I provided before making that determination, and while you are there, replace the color of these people's skin with your own and see how you feel.

possibility they were acting irrationally as you suggest and yelling at the officers???

I never suggested that. Also, yelling at an officer is not a crime. Threatening an officer is, and I would not suggest anyone do that, but voicing your constitutionally protected opinion is no crime, it's a shame that you feel that the 1st Amendment has no bearing when dealing with uniformed police officers. It's part of the problem in this country.

We don't know... and obviously they were released at some point... you still didn't state what the charges were... so this is a lame argument with no substance on your part.

There were no charges filed, that's the point, they were a legal US Citizen and a legal resident alien. They were picked up driven to a raid, and along with everyone else put into jail. They probably had to pay to get their vehicle out of impound, and probably had to pay the booking fees. All for nothing. They weren't actually charged with a crime, but because of the color of their skin they were arrested and detained along with the people the MCSD got at the raid.

Please return with facts, not a prejudiced opinion.

I could say the same thing, I would also add, please read the article I provided before responding.

Also, here's an idea, why doesn't the good sheriff go after the people who EMPLOY illegals, or go after people who RENT to illegals? To me, that would solve the problem faster than these fascist tactics he is using now. I think that people who employ illegals should be fined, jailed, and have their business licences taken away, I think that people who rent to illegals should be fined, jailed and have their property confiscated. If illegals had no place to live or work, they wouldn't come here. That seems to me like a more doable solution than just rounding people up based on their skin color.
edit on 6-4-2012 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
All states should take away jobs and freebies for illegals. They will self deport and cost us nothing.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
New sheriff calls for roundup of Obama records

“The easiest way to put this to rest is to have the records unsealed,” Morris County Sheriff Ed Rochford told the Huffington Post in an email following the April 4 event in Morristown. “Mr. Corsi made a very convincing argument that President Obama may not be a natural born citizen of the United States.”

New Jersey Assemblyman Anthony Bucco, R-Boonton, said Corsi’s speech leaves doubts about Obama’s citizenship status. He told the website it is not his place to determine whether Obama is a citizen, and he believes “a higher authority” must resolve the issue.

www.wnd.com...

video of Corsi’s presentation

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
reply to post by Annee

Frankly Annee... I long ago developed a total dislike and lost all faith in both parties, especially the far left and the far right...

OK - - hand shake.

I am actually a 40+ year Goldwater Republican (minus the Christian part). But times have changed. There is no Rep/Dem anymore. I don't know what the Hell is going on.

Jerry Brown (I'm sure you know who he is) - - recently said - - - when he first entered politics - - you called up "the other guy" - - met for dinner and drinks - - discussed and hashed out a compromise. He says Today - - - there is nothing like that. He says - - no one cares. Its "My way or the highway".

Sad state of affairs this government.

Hand shake right back at ya Annee...
I have been an "active" member of both parties throughout the years... first a donkey and later an elephant... given my intimate experiences with both, I began to back away as I have heard both state (speaking of their constiuency) "the people just can't understand what we do".... I took that to mean Congress has intelligence and the voting public none... arrogance and so full of themselves it makes me sick...
Thank goodness the voting public have discoverd they are considered by many in Congress to have amoebic minds and no more intelligent than whale s##t and now Congress's approval rating continues to hoover at 'worthless'.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Once again Obama is not going after Arpaio. This is the culmination of an investigation initiated under the Bush administration.

Take a look at Page 10 were 'OldCurmudgeon' posted this site www.wnd.com... were it states:

>>First of all, I’m the elected, constitutional, legitimate sheriffI report to 4 million people in this county, and I’m not going to be controlled by the federal government because they don’t like the way I enforce the illegal-immigration laws. And it’s really interesting they’re cracking down right now. I presume we’re in an election year. You know this started three and a half years ago, 100 days after Obama took office, they went after me. I’m their poster boyBut it started in 2008 under President Bush – the investigationIt did NOT. It started 100 days under ObamaThere is a former mayor that made a complaint to the Justice Department, but it was the Obama administration that started the investigation. So they can give all the hype they want for political reasons. But I tried to negotiate. I spent 50 years in law enforcement, many years as a top law-enforcement official with the Department of Justice, so I would like to get this over with

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
All states should take away jobs and freebies for illegals. They will self deport and cost us nothing.

Well said Night Star and a Star for you...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Would love nothing more than to see birthers put in their place.

Obama: Oh, hai, I found some documentation that you might haz interest.

Birthers: OMG, WTF, this stuff is REAL OMG...
Birthers: We haz leet xpertz looking at dox and they can't find flaws nor fraud.
Birthers: We haz chill up leg too!

Hmmm... All done. I guess I'm just day dreaming.

edit on 4·6·12 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Respectfully HauntWok... you should study your history regarding the people of the Jewish faith during WWII.

Next: I have 100% respect for the constitution, study it regularly and fully support those rights.

The problem I find with your comments are the majority are based on opinion and not fact.

To date, all the charges leveled at the MCSO by the DoJ remain unproven (except in the court of public opinion which matters not) and in turn challenged by the MCSO and until as the Sheriff said recently, this issue goes to court (which he by the way said, let it happen as the MCSO challenges they have no evidence) then in fact this all remains unproven accusations. So 'no facts'

You apparently weren't watching a few years back when the Arizona State government begin to require employers to require appropriate forms of ID from current and future employees in fact proving the right as an American citizen to be able to work.

Had you have been at the state borders you likely would have been swept away by the 'flood'... yes flood of illegal immigrants fleeing.

The food, landscape and construction industries were devestrated by the loss... the company I worked for lost more than 50% of its laborers.

As a fact knowing dozens and dozens of persons at other companies, this likely averaged from 15 to 60% losses due to the departure of persons here 'illegally' with fake identification.

Almost forgot... I've read virtually every article written... and if you're referring to the DoJ papers and or the article in the New Times, then yes I have read them.

My opinions are based on fact.... charges have been presented, but no filed in a court of law and 'nothing' has been proven to date.
edit on 6-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
Would love nothing more than to see birthers put in their place.

Obama: Oh, hai, I found some documentation that you might haz interest.

Birthers: OMG, WTF, this stuff is REAL OMG...
Birthers: We haz leet xpertz looking at dox and they can't find flaws nor fraud.
Birthers: We haz chill up leg too!

Hmmm... All done. I guess I'm just day dreaming.

edit on 4·6·12 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

Hey Doc... the people who believe in the issue you refer to as the 'birthers' are in their correct place challenging an issue and the 'Obamaites' such as you are in your place defending.

As the sheriff of Morris County NJ said this morning as the investigation continues…"Morris County NJ Sheriff Ed Rochfold has announced he believes there is a ‘convincing argument’ that President Obama “may” not be a “Natural Born Citizen”.

The issue is quite alive amidst all the attempts by the MSM, Obamaites and disinformation agents to quiet it and in fact, the investigation is building steam.

Both sides can argue, divert and disinform at will, but this issue is still an issue and 'is not in fact ever going away'.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Emotion is what is fueling the current anti immigrant debate in this country. Part of it I understand, yes, illegal immigrants are coming into this country taking jobs that Americans are willing to do.

However, the current solution posed by the conservative base is wrong. It won't solve the problem. It isn't really a solution at all. If they are coming over faster than you can kick them out, having mass roundups of anyone that has brown skin and speaks Spanish isn't the answer, you remove the incentive for them to come here in the first place.

They are taking jobs that Americans want, well the solution is, that you shut down the jobs that hire illegals in the first place. 1 illegal employed equals no business licence, equals fines more than any company can pay, equals 10 year state prison sentences for the owners of that company. If a owner of a business knew that if they were caught with even ONE illegal, they wouldn't hire them, it would be far too expensive.

Same with landlords that rent to illegals. 1 illegal residing on your property, you have your land confiscated, you get a fine more than the value of the land you own, and you get 10 years in state prison. I don't think you would have any landlord renting to illegals either.

The solution isn't to kick them out of the country, make the country inaccessible to them and they won't want to be here. Arpiaos solution isn't a solution at all because even if ONE US Citizen is caught up in his "raids" he has screwed up. The Constitution applies to every American, even the AMERICANS that immigrated here legally that don't speak English.

Doesn't matter how much you hate the Latino community, it doesn't matter how much you deny that it's a racist policy, even if ONE SINGULAR AMERICAN CITIZEN is arrested or detained under these "raids" it's WRONG. Americans came from all over the globe, not just Europe, and that is the great thing about America. If someone does the right thing and immigrates here from south of the border the right way, and becomes a US Citizen it is ALL of our duties as his/her fellow Americans to defend his/her constitutionally protected rights. If you cannot accept that, and think that just because they can't speak the language that automatically makes them an illegal, then you need to take a hard look at yourself and see that your line of thinking is wrong.

Even one detained for being illegal when they are here legally is too many.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

HauntWok... you said it yourself... I cut and paste from your post...

If someone does the right thing and immigrates here from south of the border the right way, and becomes a US Citizen it is ALL of our duties as his/her fellow Americans to defend his/her constitutionally protected rights.
I agree 100% regarding the constitution rights of an American citizen.

If you have read what I have written previously, i.e. this thread and many others was; you are making big assumtpions and trusting blindly in information which may or may not have fact, charges which have not been substantiated, etc.

First, you and I have no actual details as to why this person you say was a US citizen was arrested, cuffed, detained and jailed.

I feel confident in saying you weren't there and I know I wasn't.

Obviously you nor I do not have a copy of the police report or one of us would have posted it.

I don't know the gentleman personally, do you?

You may, IF you like, but I seldom trust a word from the MSM and frankly given their track record under Holder, I trust nothing I hear from the DoJ/AGs office and little of what I see in writing.

So, IF I were to accept what you are saying, I could be totally disregarding facts.

I stated before more times than this thread that I support an amnesty program for folks who have been here a long time.

Do you have any idea how many close friends I have had and currently have who are of hispanic origin. Are you aware that several work for the MCSO and other valley agencies. I know you're not aware that a great majority of them had parents and or grandparents who moved here years ago from Mexico "illegally". Fine people who set up housekeeping, many in very sparse conditions, and worked, lived thier lives, raised families, paid thier taxes and were great neighbors. And their children born here under the constitution became 'natural born citizens'.

My personal history is of being for the rule of law.

IF, when hopefully this DoJ / MCSO issue finally goes to court as I hope, it is proven in a court of law that there were violations, then I will be there to support the appropriate actions against the officers.

edit on 6-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Correct grammar

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

So, basically your saying you don't trust what anyone says ever. You don't buy what the MSM is saying, you don't buy what the DOJ is saying, then why do you think that there is any reason to believe that there is a problem with immigration in this country?

Have you personally asked and gotten an honest answer out of every single person in the United States as to their immigration status? Are you telling me that without first hand knowledge of an event, that event never occurred? Seriously that has to be the most asinine thing in the history of ever!

Oh wait, there is no history cause you personally haven't been there to witness it, and unless someone who actually was there at the time shows up at your house, telling you in graphic detail everything that went down, it didn't happen.

There's being skeptical my friend, and then there's being willfully ignorant.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

So, basically your saying you don't trust what anyone says ever. You don't buy what the MSM is saying, you don't buy what the DOJ is saying, then why do you think that there is any reason to believe that there is a problem with immigration in this country?

Have you personally asked and gotten an honest answer out of every single person in the United States as to their immigration status? Are you telling me that without first hand knowledge of an event, that event never occurred? Seriously that has to be the most asinine thing in the history of ever!

Oh wait, there is no history cause you personally haven't been there to witness it, and unless someone who actually was there at the time shows up at your house, telling you in graphic detail everything that went down, it didn't happen.

There's being skeptical my friend, and then there's being willfully ignorant.

LOL.. Hauntwok... you're attempt at logic is still incorrect and you must be a politican as you cherry pick your tidbits.
I say I don't swallow it hook line and sinker what is in print, left, or right... you know as well as I there the majority of MSM is aligned either left or right...

LOL... now I should not even respond to such a ridiculous question, but no, I have not spoken to everyone in the US and I have no intention too..

You obviously don't pay attention and do yourself the courtesy of reading posts by others.
I never said I have first hand knowledge of the incident, paraphrasing I said I don't and I'm assuming you don't either.
So again, you're making assumptions based on things you have heard and read and although from primary sources at this time, fact many times changes and is adjusted as evidence and legal methods are applied.
Yes, I agree from reading current information furnished that it is purported that the event in fact happen. But no logical person at this point would slam this as hard and fact until it is proven. That seems to be the part you continully ignore, proof. There is none at this point, only accusation and incomplete information (at least that furnished to us) regardng the purported event.

As I've said here many times before, this purported event is an issue which at this point, appreas to deserve judicial review. However, to date it is still only an accusation and a charge, i.e. it has never been adjuged in a court of law...

The court of public opinion which you and I debate in is, if not fun then a total waste of time as we have not the facts, we have no input and we will not be asked to judge.

LOL... you really are obtuse... no one needs to come to my house... ATS is built on debate and facts of the day... do you have a police report, do you know the gentleman who was arrested and have you personally spoken to him regarding this, do you know any or all of the officers at the event, do you have a copy of the police report. I didn't think so, so everything you espouse is opinion to which you are more than welcome.

As should be, everyone may speak their opinion, but only fact and truth come when the issue is heard in court.

As I said before many times, I feel confident the MCSO office would be more than happy to appear in court and resolve this issue. In fact as I have posted many times before, the Sheriff is on record day before yesterday of making just that statement.

I think at this point in time you and I should agree to disagree and await the 'facts', as there are no proven facts at the moment.

Respectfully

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Yay, way to show your ignorance on the issue!

I have a MUCH, MUCH better idea!

Let's punish the CORPORATIONS that demand the labor that these people provide!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
I really can't wait until that generation bites the dust for good, taking its' ignorance to the grave.

Me either.

And I'm part of that "Old White Guys" generation.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Night Star

Yay, way to show your ignorance on the issue!

I have a MUCH, MUCH better idea!

Let's punish the CORPORATIONS that demand the labor that these people provide!

Some corporations are being punished though not enough. Until either the feds or all states hold corporations accountable then the problems will never be resolved. I am not ignorant on the issue.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There is nothing about the federal investigation of Arpaio that constitutes "retribution". The DOJ investigation of his misuse of office began while Dubya was President, and, although even then the investigation was no secret, Arpaio has not made any attempt to mend his ways. There is ample evidence of racial bias and profiling, misuse of govt money, failure to pursue certain crimes (especially crimes against women), cover-ups of blatant miscarriages of justice, etc. etc. In fact, as of a few months back, Arpaio was supposed to let FBI agents come along on some of his patrols .... but he suddenly backed out of that, as well.

Arpaio originally got elected about 20 years ago by promising to be a one-term sheriff. Instead, he seems determined to hold onto the office until he is dead and beyond prosecution. His latest publicity stunt will assure that he gets no Presidential pardon for his misdeeds.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by LastProphet527

Loll, But UMM, what does the black panthers IN 08 have to do with the corrupt sheriff and our great commander and chief IN 2012, just...not really understanding for some reason..like,really confused.

Allow me to fill you in. The case against the New Black Panthers for voter intimidation (clearly depicted in the video I posted in the OP) was rejected by Holder (the AG and head of Obama’s ‘justice’ department).

And if you want to talk about voters intimidation...OMG, don’t let me start pulling up all the voter intimidation that was going on all over the country in 08....and it wasn’t the black panthers MY GOSH…REALLY!

Please share (with links) because I have no idea what you mean.

i like this thread,it just came out today,i think you need to read it.

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW

I’ve read it…thanks!

Are you saying this is a racist thread? Do you think because Obama and Holder are black and I happen to disagree with them I am somehow being racist?

Please enlighten me!!

Don't worry Seabag... this is by no means a racist thread... as you've seen, racism has become the OMG I've ran out of answers word played by the Obamaites in a weak attempt to divert from the real subjecgt.

You have a truthful and well supported point... IF there had of been a hint of racism the moderators would have already poo pooed it...

Kudos... another star if I can...

edit on 7-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Add to point

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
OK FOLKS.

Let's address the topic and Stop the personal sniping, Please.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
edit on Sat Apr 7 2012 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join