It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is Going After Sheriff Joe…Shocking!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

People on this very thread have stated that folks have been going after Joe in some form for 20 years. 

I think all of these charges are frivolous. The pro-illegal immigration crowd will do or say anything to get what they want (open borders) and Joe is a huge inconvenience to them. 

The fact is that none of this would be an issue if only the FED would do it's job and enforce our immigration laws so Joe wouldn't be in this position. 

Agree Seabag... worse than frivolous, the charges have always been politically motivated. Directly due to the MCSO performing duties as prescribed by the law in going directly into former safe havens around Maricopa County in search of criminals..... illegal immigrants are 'criminals' under the law and these areas were also hosts and havens to large amounts of criminals shielding them from arrest under the shield of purported racist charges... MCSO would arrest the criminals (very similiar to the recent ICE token action) and deport individuals who were here ILLEGALLY.

The Obama administration along with its other many unconsitutional and illegal agendas is clearly pandering in an attempt to secure votes.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

By no stretch of the imagination could the New Times be considered a reliable source for non biased information...

That's Very True My friend,,,,,,,,Unless Of-Course you're looking for a good Strip Club and the quality of their Drinks and Lap Dances.

But that's off topic, The Times as a source about Old Joe, Not unless you're looking for a good prices on Bongs.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by guohua

To be truthful with you, Really Close The Borders Down and Crime would go down.

This one statement shows where you stand in support of Sheriff Joe.

Annee, Annee, Annee,,,, We've been down this road before, I'm a Firm Supporter of Law Enforcement Especially Federal Law Enforcement and Our Military.
You also know, I Don't and Never Will Support Open Borders or Sanctuary Cities or States.
I believe you should come here with your Passport, Visa and Green Card, It's Not Hard and Not Expensive, You don't need a Lawyer to fill out the forms and if you have a clean back ground, No Problem.

Sheriff Joe is only trying to do a Job, Nobody Else wants to do.
Business men who use illegals as cheap labor and politicians looking for a Larger Votin g Base by not Requiring I. D. at voting booths.

So Dear Lets Not Argue, You're Wrong and I'm Right

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Again, if Arpaio isn't doing anything wrong, he shouldn't have anything to worry about and cooperating should be easy.

Unless of course he is doing something wrong, then I guess fighting it is the preferred answer.

Doesn't it seem odd that on a site where people are CONSTANTLY bashing the police. For some reason THIS PARTICULAR cop gets your accolades?

Why is that? Oh that's right, cause he's going after Latinos regardless of their actual immigrant status. And Latinos are the 21st century version of the 1830s Anti-Irish sentiment

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
Again, if Arpaio isn't doing anything wrong, he shouldn't have anything to worry about and cooperating should be easy.

Unless of course he is doing something wrong, then I guess fighting it is the preferred answer.

Doesn't it seem odd that on a site where people are CONSTANTLY bashing the police. For some reason THIS PARTICULAR cop gets your accolades?

Why is that? Oh that's right, cause he's going after Latinos regardless of their actual immigrant status. And Latinos are the 21st century version of the 1830s Anti-Irish sentiment

IF the charges of racism were more than trumped up political fodder and had in fact been 'proven' in a court of law, then the MCSO I'm sure would have complied with any legal request.
However, the MCSO has made it clear, the charges are 'wrong' and will defend their actions in the court of law, not the court of public opinion.
The request by the AG to place a 'monitor' in the jail is so obviously political as to defy logic.
FACT: IF I were the Sheriff of any county in the nation, "I" would NEVER submit to or allow someone not authorized by my department to be on the property and or oversee the departments operations in any way shape or form.
Think for one moment, if there were legal precedent and justificaton for the US AG to place this "monitor" a court of sufficient authority would have long ago been petitioned and reacted to the situation and there would be a monitor.
This hasn't happened because to date, there is not 'reliable evidence' supporting this witch hunt by the Obama administration.
And I am an Irish American, and as a matter of fact, a 'natural born citizen', who although you could not give me the job of POTUS, "I" am officially and legally qualified, the Irish immigrants in this country did not swarm across any American border by the hundreds of thousands illegally, and as a matter of fact once here, most sought public positions of police, fire, etc. and gladly became American Citizens.
Yes, in many areas of America the Irish were treated like dirt early on and considered by many to be the lowest forms of human life on the earth.
However, this is not about Latinos... unless by association you are submitting that persons of latin origin just happen to comprise the greater majority of people in the southwest who are here 'illegally'.
The MCSO is performed duties supporting the laws of Arizona in searching for individuals and groups who are here illegally and performing illegal activitie, i.e. drugs, weapons, murder and terrorism.
A great thanks to Sheriff Joe, his officers and the MCSO for attempting to keep me, my family, friends and neighbors safe in a violent and ongoing drug war in the southwest.

edit on 5-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Edit

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So your saying that infringing on the constitutionally granted rights of US citizens take a back seat to immigration law enforcement? Arpaio is illegally stopping, detaining, and arresting US citizens for simply being Hispanic. Then if they complain about his illegal practices he causes even more legal troubles for them. I don't see how any true American can support Arpaio since he has persistently shown his disregard for the Constitution.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Precisely, even one legal us citizen detained by the sheriff under suspicion of being here illegally should be grounds for this monitoring. (actually it should be grounds for his immediate dismissal and arrest) If he has detained one US Citizen illegally, it makes ALL his arrests suspect.

Innocent till PROVEN guilty people, not guilty till you can prove your innocent.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Oh that's right, cause he's going after Latinos regardless of their actual immigrant status.

Ah yes! You'd be surprised how many Chinese immigrants are in Arizona. And we also have a Northern border.

Of course those from the Northern border are mostly Anglo.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by seabag

So your saying that infringing on the constitutionally granted rights of US citizens take a back seat to immigration law enforcement? Arpaio is illegally stopping, detaining, and arresting US citizens for simply being Hispanic. Then if they complain about his illegal practices he causes even more legal troubles for them. I don't see how any true American can support Arpaio since he has persistently shown his disregard for the Constitution.

The MCSO (as with any law enforcement agency across America) is performing its sworn duties per the laws of the State of Arizona and the United States.

People here illegally are 'criminals'.

In the course of performing these duties the MCSO regularly stops persons of many ethnic backgrounds, colors, sizes, shapes, religions and driving many sorts of automobiles without any intent other than performing their duties and there in making the public safe and bringing criminals and violators of the law to justice.

I applaude their actions.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon

In the course of performing these duties the MCSO regularly stops persons of many ethnic backgrounds, colors, sizes, shapes, religions and driving many sorts of automobiles without any intent other than performing their duties and there in making the public safe and bringing criminals and violators of the law to justice.

I applaude their actions.

Sounds like a Police State to me.

So - you support a Police State.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I love how immigration duties are "all about defending the constitution", yet we ignore the part where it says all are innocent until proven guilty.

Convenient, huh?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The DoJ's investigation found that the MCSO was four times more likely to pull over a person of Hispanic descent for committing the same kind of traffic violation as a person of non-Hispanic descent. Once again, I posted the DoJ's report on page 3 of this thread. It outlines all of the violations of the law that the MCSO made and even stated the laws that they broke. If you want to argue they were in the right then feel free to review the document as well as the relevant laws and point out how the MCSO's actions were not actually in violation of these laws.
edit on 4/5/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

...OMG, don’t let me start pulling up all the voter intimidation that was going on all over the country in 08....and it wasn’t the black panthers MY GOSH…REALLY!

What a bunch of tripe!

You quote ( without citation) a few observations, make a handful of assumptions, and pronounce yourself an arbiter of "fairness."

Give me a break.

A few protesters, exercisng their first amendment rights are somehow presumed to know the vote or intentions of unnamed "Onama supporters?"

Please DO "start pulling up all the voter intimidation;" you might want to consider all the voter registration fraud, as well. It was, and will be, in favor of the Democrat ticket, more often than not!

Get a grip and ditch the bias.

jw

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No Annee... Although I regularly verbally and in writing condemn the obvious and intentional breaking and circumvention of it, I still support the law as applied according to the Consitution.

Police States systematically preidentify, search out and stop specific people with an intent and or agenda which does not comply with laws or constitutions and in doing so violate their individual civil rights.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

The DoJ's investigation found that the MCSO was four times more likely to pull over a person of Hispanic descent for committing the same kind of traffic violation as a person of non-Hispanic descent. Once again, I posted the DoJ's report on page of this thread. It outlines all of the violations of the law that the MCSO made and even stated the laws that they broke. If you want to argue they were in the right then feel free to review the document as well as the relevant laws and point out how the MCSO's actions were not actually in violation of these laws.

Xcalibur... I have read this document before and the reported findings and charges still remain unproven in a court of law and continue to be used by the kangaroo court of public opinion for political purposes.

Until such time these charges are judged by the appropiate court, they remain implications and unproven charges.

The letter itself 'requests' compromise and complicant cooperation and suggests court action only in the case this request is not agreed too.

To this point, the MCSO and its attorneys have been very clear in suggesting if there is 'evidence' acceptable in a court of law to pursue this action.

To date, there has been no action.

In fact, the Sheriff when interviewed today said: www.wnd.com...

When asked where he thought the case would end up, the sheriff responded, “I don’t know. If we go to court, that’s great. Then we’ll see the true story come out. Quite frankly, I don’t think they want to go to court. They don’t have the evidence, so we’ll see.”

In closing, any person here 'illegally' is still a criminal. Arrest them, deport them but don't mollycoddle them and support the continued illegal invasion of the US.

edit on 5-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Correct english... the only language of the United States of America

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

In closing, any person here 'illegally' is still a criminal. Arrest them, deport them but don't mollycoddle them and support the continued illegal invasion of the US.

Great, but what about the legal US Citizens he has arrested under suspicion of being here illegally without any evidence whatsoever aside from the fact that they are Hispanic? So, you support US Citizens being arrested just because of the way they look?

Maricopa County, Ariz., Sheriff Joe Arpaio is already being sued by the federal government for alleged racial profiling and related civil rights violations. Now, he’s being sued by the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona, which claims he and his deputies abused their authority to enforce federal immigration laws when they illegally arrested and detained a U.S. citizen and legal resident who were just driving down the road in their pickup truck.

“Our clients suffered egregious constitutional violations and were terrified when held against their will for three hours by armed [Maricopa County] personnel,” said Dan Pochoda, Legal Director of the ACLU of Arizona and lead counsel on the case, in a statement released today. “Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s deputies had absolutely no reason to stop these two men and drag them off to a worksite raid. This is yet another example of MCSO sacrificing the rights and well being of workers in the name of immigration enforcement.”

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Great, but what about the legal US Citizens he has arrested under suspicion of being here illegally without any evidence whatsoever aside from the fact that they are Hispanic? So, you support US Citizens being arrested just because of the way they look?

Maricopa County, Ariz., Sheriff Joe Arpaio is already being sued by the federal government for alleged racial profiling and related civil rights violations. Now, he’s being sued by the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona, which claims he and his deputies abused their authority to enforce federal immigration laws when they illegally arrested and detained a U.S. citizen and legal resident who were just driving down the road in their pickup truck.

“Our clients suffered egregious constitutional violations and were terrified when held against their will for three hours by armed [Maricopa County] personnel,” said Dan Pochoda, Legal Director of the ACLU of Arizona and lead counsel on the case, in a statement released today. “Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s deputies had absolutely no reason to stop these two men and drag them off to a worksite raid. This is yet another example of MCSO sacrificing the rights and well being of workers in the name of immigration enforcement.”

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Very sparse details and little evidence if any included here to make a judgement.

You seem a smart person so you are fully aware an attorney can make the most legal of traffic stop seem illegal.

It is not stated why the vehicle was stopped, did the officer indicate to the suspects it was 'because they were hispanic'?

It is not stated what forms of ID were furnished by the individuals. IF you aren't aware and experienced as I am then let me testify that after moving here in 1997 I immediately found that a person, any person could purchase an illegal ID, drivers license, social security card, state identification card, fake charge cards, etc. for anywhere from $150 to $500. In fact many times I have ran these criminals from my jobsites around the valley and reported many as along with illegal IDs you could purchase guns of every variety out of the trunk, including silenced and fully automatic weapons. Just as was required by law in the bar we owned our employees, including myself at very busy times have refused individuals service because their ID appear wrong or forged in some manner, recording the IDs and information and immediately phoning into the appropriate authority the informaton.
As a PM for a major construction company and employer, it wasn 't unusual to have the ladies in the office 'run a social security card' thru the system (which was our standard procedure) and find 14 people using the same number, right here in Arizona.
So if you wish to speculate given the lack of information in your post, then a simple and routine traffic stop, a suspicious ID or worse no ID and that person 'should' be detained until it is determined IF that person has a legimate license, etc.
I have been stopped here several times, once with out my wallet and I sat in my car, which was legally registered in my name, while the officer determined l my insurance was legit and by using my social security card determined I was legit to which I then heard, "sorry to detain you sir, but I hope you understand we had to verify who you are'....
No problemo... I told the officer I understood and wish him safe and drove away.
Tell me 'actual' details in this stop and we can discuss it further.
Until then, people here illegally are criminals and should be deported.
There have been discussions of amnesty programs for persons moving here who become US Citizens and would be recognized as such.

edit on 5-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Could you give me or us, your source for this Quote:

The DoJ's investigation found that the MCSO was four times more likely to pull over a person of Hispanic descent for committing the same kind of traffic violation as a person of non-Hispanic descent.

I searched and this is what I found:

A study in Arizona shows that during 2006-2007, the state highway patrol was significantly more likely to stop African Americans and Hispanics than Whites on all the highways studied, while Native Americans and persons of Middle Eastern descent were more likely to be stopped on nearly all the highways studied. The highway patrol was 3.5 times more likely to search a stopped Native American than a White, and 2.5 times more likely to search a stopped African American or Hispanic.

www.civilrights.org...

You do know there's a difference between the Highway Patrol and the Maricopa Sheriffs Department?
Or was Google search wrong?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

So your of the camp that believes a police state is an ok place to live. For me, even being asked for my ID without doing anything wrong is reason enough for me to give the officer a verbal thrashing they aren't likely to forget.

Sorry, if you want to live in a police state, that's not ok with me. Sheriff Arpaio is running his country like a fascist utopia.

They were arrested, not just detained, they were taken into custody not just detained like you were. They were taken to a jail, booked into the system, along with a lot of other human beings that Arpaio's men and then afterwards released probably after having some money taken from them for "booking fees".

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join