It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are So Many People Debating About Gay Marriages? You've All Got It All Wrong!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Mr Skeptic! It does hurt the next generation. How many young people male or female love their best friend for the emotional support they give them in tough times. Do you want to confuse the next generation in the meaning of love and support with an emotional value not a physical? Should they have sex due to the fact they love each other only to find their connection was emotional? After a physical encounter the whole senario changes with a relationship. There has been numerous cases where this has happened. 100 years ago this was not socially exceptable why should it now. Again, humans would not be where we are today in the form of Male, Female relations forming life on earth! Respect what is natural!

Sir, with all due respect you are assuming everyone's going gay in the next 100 years? 100 years ago it wasn't socially acceptable? I don't believe it was 1000 years ago either; however, their was still gay people I'm sure. And the whole thing about hurting the next generation because it would confuse them into thinking instead of loving their best friend, they would mistake for wanting to have sex with them? Seriously, really? You might wanna re-think that entire post there bud. Cause that's just nuts!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The truth is we are debating Gay Marriages because TPTB want us to be debating Gay Marriages. They know this issue has people heavily divided and it is a convenient distraction to keep that division alive and well.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
My humble opinion is that if two people want to spend their lives together they should be able to, forget about religion, because the laws have been discrimatory when it came to division of property when a break up occured , life insurance etc so the people who prefer same sex should be totally up to them.

Now i have a problem with a couple of other areas, firstly i do not believe the Rectum was designed for copulation and apparently the sensation is a false reading by the body, and the sensation that is mistaken for pleasure is actually pain, and some speculate it is one cause for the HIV virus.

Now I am being selective as i am just referring to Male, so you girls go for it, hope i am not now going to be accused of being a Homophobe, I also understand the female spirit that occupies the male Body and I also know the reasons why this occurs and it goes back centuries, as we humans are a very adaptable species we have the ability to evolve.

I for one could never see myself in a same sex marriage, but to each his own, I hate to close on the old saying it was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve, this is not intended to agravate anyone, so if you respond please be gentle, as i hope we are having an adult conversation on a very sensitive issue.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc

If you disagree with this, than I can't tell you anything more than "I'm sorry, but your wrong."

I find this funny. Just because I don't agree with your opinion "I'm wrong". Well, I personally think that "you are wrong", so where does that leave us. Obviously we can't both be right. One of us is surely wrong. If one of your parents had been gay, there is a high possiblity that you wouldn't be here having this conversation with us.

I feel that homosexuality is against the natural laws of the universe. Many gay people have pointed out to me that in the animal kingdom, homosexuality is quite normal. That is a weak argument, animals also eat their offspring and often engage in cannibalism. By their logic, am I to also accept fallicide and cannibalism in humans? I mean if animals do it, it must be fine for us.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxCanexX

Originally posted by TruckDriver69

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by TruckDriver69

Super puzzled by what you just said. You fear the small group of "gay elitists" and their agenda?

The agenda is to make money. It's always been about money. As much for religious organizations as it is for the gay side.

There is no nefarious "Gay Agenda", other than wanting to make massive ammounts of money off gullible folk who support the "movement".

Otherwise, it's just wanting the same rights afforded to others.

~Tenth

No reason to be puzzled. I do fear the "gay elitists" as you call them. I really don't think the agenda is just about Gay Marriage and I do not think its as simple as money.. It seems to me there is more than just gay marriage they want recognized. They want the whole thing, every aspect of the lifestyle very visible and very much in my face and my children's face for some reason??? That silent majority is not swaying my opinion either.

What is it that you think they want recognized other than being a married couple? I'm confused, and why is it a problem if children see "gay" people? Are you worried that they will somehow catch "gayness"? I understand and agree with alot of the things you have said in this thread I just don't see that the "gay" crowd is really pushing for anything other than the equal right of marriage and what comes with it.

It's not a problem for children to see Gay people. It's the in your face agenda that are fostered and created by the Gay community and then foisted upon the school system. Why can't they just teach that there is a segment of society that is Gay?

I don't believe for one minute the agenda is Gay marriage. Some here say that the majority just want to marry and be left alone. Well, its the minority with the radical agenda that makes people like me believe gay marriage is not the real issue. They seem to want much, much more than just "equal rights."

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ModernAcademia, you are of course correct sir. Hindsight is always 20/20 and Humans have not always been the wisest of beings when it comes to understanding our past. Marriage is a very tangled issue, for all its social issues, it comes down to power. Who has the power to grant the privileges of marriage. The Church in all its myriad forms seems to have been the first to grab this power. "You can marry and you cannot". Then the State said "We want a piece of this game" and they too started in with the "You can marry and you cannot".

So on the one side you have Religion trying to dictate the rules of the game and on the other you have the State. The State side of the game seems to be the side that is designed to catch all those who the Religious side says "No way". However even the State side, in order to bolster some its own legitimacy has adopted many of the trappings of its Religious counterpart/rival and also has its "No way" segement of the population. However what has come to light as our commmunication structures have grown is that some of the segments of our society that were "Now way" should in fact be "of course". However the first power player on the field of marriage can get really upset when the State starts to cut even further into its part of the take and the State wants to keep its legitimacy factor high and doesn't want to rock the boat to much.

Thus we are left with a society that is used to following the dictates of the power players in the marriage game. Is it any wonder that the arguments can get spiteful? You have those who wish to remain in power and control the rules of the game and they will mobilize their considerable resources to ensure that indeed they keep that core control of "You can marry and you cannot".

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by newsoul
I have explained to my children that I find it inappropriate and why I find it so.

Passing your bigotry onto your children - - - how Loving of you.

Careful now
She is being open about he beliefs and you are attacking her for it

If everyone was as open as newsoul then everyone would be attacking everyone for some personal decisions they've made in their lives.

She is not passing on her bigotry, parents are and should be allowed to pass on whatever belief that they have on to their children.

I am not christian, I was born in a Hindu family.
Once I had to babysit a kid from a christian family for a few days, the kid asked me who is God, what is God and what religion is the correct one.
I didn't answer him, I told him that's a question you should ask your parents.

But if he stayed with you Anee, you would have given him your opinion wouldn't you?
See I think that that is wrong.

As long as it is non-violent you have no right to say whether what a parent teaches their kids is right or wrong.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I wish you had been here last night. Sometimes a girl needs back up

I hope that you have read the whole thread. I feel that I have expressed myself to the best of my abilities and have been respectful and considerate. I can't say the same about some members

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruckDriver69

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by TruckDriver69

Super puzzled by what you just said. You fear the small group of "gay elitists" and their agenda?

The agenda is to make money. It's always been about money. As much for religious organizations as it is for the gay side.

There is no nefarious "Gay Agenda", other than wanting to make massive ammounts of money off gullible folk who support the "movement".

Otherwise, it's just wanting the same rights afforded to others.

~Tenth

No reason to be puzzled. I do fear the "gay elitists" as you call them. I really don't think the agenda is just about Gay Marriage and I do not think its as simple as money.. It seems to me there is more than just gay marriage they want recognized. They want the whole thing, every aspect of the lifestyle very visible and very much in my face and my children's face for some reason??? That silent majority is not swaying my opinion either.

Wont you think of the CHILDREN?!

Fear this, fear that. Fear the gays, muslims, terrestrial and extraterrestrial aliens. Fear change, progress, technology, medicine, plants, animals, evolution, God and Darwin. FEARRR!!!

Man up and stop being scared, bro.

Nobody is out to get you.

There, there. Theeere, theeere.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I will never understand why people care so much about what others are doing if no harm is being done. We need to mind our own business.

edit on 4-4-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul

I feel that homosexuality is against the natural laws of the universe. Many gay people have pointed out to me that in the animal kingdom, homosexuality is quite normal. That is a weak argument, animals also eat their offspring and often engage in cannibalism. By their logic, am I to also accept fallicide and cannibalism in humans? I mean if animals do it, it must be fine for us.

Have you ever considered the possibility that homosexuality is nature's (or God's) way of controlling over-population in a species? Maybe there is supposed to be a certain percentage of homosexuality in all species. Maybe that is part of the natural laws?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archangelelijah

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Let me solve this little riddle of gay marriage!

People who are against the marriage of the gays, all stand on the ground that its morally wrong. Somehow it's against Gods will for the gays to be married. That's all fine and dandy, and I do understand their stand on what their religion or moral compass teaches them to think. Here's the problem............

We have laws that are designed to prevent harm to others or to someones self. If whatever you do does not harm someone, or yourself you are absolutely free to pursue whatever it is you want to do. In a free society this is the golden thumb of law, and what we as a society live by. So regardless of what religion, or morale compass you have in life, you cannot stop someone from pursuing what they want to do if it doesn't affect you or them in a negative way.

I would also say that by allowing gay marriage we are also promoting an even better society. They would be able to help one another by having one or the other put on their health coverage. That in itself helps a society when a person is now able to have health coverage. There's also the tax status of marriage couples.

The bottom line on this subject is this. The world and times we live in are changing in a fast and dramatic way. Religion has played a very large part in decision making, and the way people thought about certain things for a very long time; however, religion is starting to take a backseat to more logical, and modern thinking.

Gay marriage should be allowed on the facts I have laid out here in this post. If it doesn't hurt you, them or anyone involved than how could we not allow them to pursue their happiness, and what they feel is their right. It is their right, and it is wrong to tell someone they can't have what all of us who are married to a woman have. I have been happily married to my wife for 13 years. I once thought that gay marriage should be banned. The more I thought about it, the more I realized what I have explained here.

If you disagree with this, than I can't tell you anything more than "I'm sorry, but your wrong."

Mr Skeptic! It does hurt the next generation. How many young people male or female love their best friend for the emotional support they give them in tough times. Do you want to confuse the next generation in the meaning of love and support with an emotional value not a physical? Should they have sex due to the fact they love each other only to find their connection was emotional? After a physical encounter the whole senario changes with a relationship. There has been numerous cases where this has happened. 100 years ago this was not socially exceptable why should it now. Again, humans would not be where we are today in the form of Male, Female relations forming life on earth! Respect what is natural!

What the Hell, you think kids are going to "catch the gay" by seeing two men or women holding hands or kissing? Are you trolling or what? Did the ancient greeks go extinct by all "catching the gay"? Gay kids will grow to be gay and straight kids will be straight. It is all about the nature of a person. Gays are born not made. The ones that later in life "come out of the closet" are just repressed natural gays by the likes of you. Dammit, Im straight, always been, and no one had to tell me all this. Use logic for once!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If anyone wants to truly protect the sanctity of marriage, then Divorce should be made illegal. The Bible makes it very clear that no one should get divorced and anyone who does get divorced can never remarry.

The charades of scapegoating the gay community as breaking down the beloved institution of marriage and the family is definitely a waste of time and off-target to anything that actually matters on this issue.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It isn't really the institution of marriage that is in question - it is the legal rights afforded the members of the team that enter into that legal contract. It is not just a church service - it is a legally binding contract. And everyone has (or should have) the right to enter willingly into it.

I have heard instances where couples will have been together and supporting each other for their lifetimes but when they are on their deathbeds the "immediate family" will shut the partner out....
Rather than accept the relationship they would let their family member die alone - without visitors.
And there is nothing the life partner can do about it. It is legal.

Also Insurance companies and employers holding surviving spousal benefits - will shut the lifepartner out.

What you say might be true but the church is not the only public entity who marries.
Marriage itself is a legal right.
You can get married in City Hall by a clerk.
Or a justice of the peace.

edit on 4-4-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

SM2

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
see the debate shouldnt even be happening. Marriage is at it's heart a religious institution and a personal social contract, both of which government should not be involved in at all. If 2 gay folks want to get married, and they can find a church that will go along with it, then fine. The government should not be involved in telling a church who it can or can not marry and should not be involved in telling people who they can enter into a contract with. That is not the government's job. At the end of the day, how does it effect you if 2 dudes get married? You dont live in their home. If you find it offensive to your sensibilities, fine, but you do not rank higher then anyone else, and maybe your actions offend others as well. Why do we even care who gets married. The gay people should have the right to be just as unhappy as the rest of us right?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The gay marrage issue is a missdirection tactic. Just like 95% of the garbage coming from the MSM. Watch my velvet covered right hand while I smack you around with my gauntlet covered left hand. There is not just a war going on for information there is a war being waged for our mindes too. If they(MSM)can keep us glued to our TV and can further the seperation of the populas then it's a job well done on there part. There wouldn't be much to report on in a utopia society. They feed of violence and pain and business is good. Haven't watched a full news program in years. I do all my own research and form my own opinions, and it looks like that makes me a threat like so many of us here at ATS.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

My 12 year old granddaughter has been taught to accept friends because she likes them. That includes friends that are gay. Of which she already has one.

She understands what Equality means.

Her response to same gender attraction? So what. Its who they are in their Heart that matters.

If I had a 12yr old I would not let him/her be friends with a gay person.
you know why?
Because i'm assuming the gay person is in a similar age than your daughter
Such a young age and already thinking of sex???????

Hetero or gay, that's just way too young to be thinking of sex

Though I find it interesting to see that those who disagree with homosexuality do understand the importance of kids thinking about sex at a certain age even if it's hetero
Those that are pro-homosexuality are not as concerned about age
The problem I see is that to them same gender relations matter as much as age
Well... not exactly, i'm sure your red flags would be raised if they were 5yrs old but you get what i'm saying

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by titzycronulla
You are seeing the the forest from the trees, lot's of smoke and mirrors in this world.

Or maybe the smoke and mirrors are your blindfolds

Govt. should not get involved in marriage, that is up to private churches

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

My 12 year old granddaughter has been taught to accept friends because she likes them. That includes friends that are gay. Of which she already has one.

She understands what Equality means.

Her response to same gender attraction? So what. Its who they are in their Heart that matters.

If I had a 12yr old I would not let him/her be friends with a gay person.
you know why?
Because i'm assuming the gay person is in a similar age than your daughter
Such a young age and already thinking of sex???????

Hetero or gay, that's just way too young to be thinking of sex

A gay kid doesn't think about sex any more than a heterosexual kid does. What does a heterosexual 12 yr old girl think about? Her crush on Justin Bieber. Does that mean she is thinking about sex acts? Probably not. What does a homosexual 12 yr old boy think about? His crush on Justin Bieber. Does that mean he is thinking about sex acts? Probably not.
edit on 4-4-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Why do people debate it? Because married couples have different rights and privileges than single people. Many of these have to do with money. Money makes the world go 'round. That's why it's such a debate. There are moralistic reasons people debate. There are religious and philosophical reasons. But at the end of the day, money talks.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join